PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Unfamiliar Ceiling (COMPLETE)

Fiona Devlin
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:15:00 PM
:: Fiona sat, wrapped tightly in a blanket as she held Vigil over Michelle. The crash played over and over again in her mind, and now, everything for Michelle Hawkins was about to change ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:31:41 PM
The blackness rescinded almost immediately and I felt something soft underneath me. I felt constrained and I had this urge to escape but my body wouldn't move. I strained my ears to listen and everything around me was too quiet. There was no sound of engines zooming past me, nor the sounds of sirens or people. I couldn't smell anything either, like gasoline or oil. Something that told me I was in a ... a crash.

Waitaminute. Where's Fiona? Where am I? At the hospital? No. Can't be right. I don't hear the usual beeping and hushed whispers associated with a hospital.

I force my eyes to snap open and bolt upright. Which was incredibly stupid because I fall back onto the pillow and covered my head, groaning from being so dizzy. I probably have a concussion which leads to me wondering why I wasn't at the hospital again.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:40:03 PM
:: Fiona noticed Michelle wake up and spoke softly ::

"I'm here."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:43:23 PM
Those words were like a ray of sunshine that spread the haze of dizziness away. And when my head cleared, something unexpected happened. My head began to tingle, like it was just numb and the nerves were waking up. But then it started to spread down the length of my body as every synapse fired in succession, making my skin pinprickly all the way down to my toes.

Eventually the sensation passed and I was staring at Fiona. She looked oddly troubled and for the life of me, I can't imagine why.

I smile weakly and reach out for her, "Hey..."

I mean, this should be a happy moment. We, well mainly I, survived the wreck.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:47:07 PM
:: Fiona got up and sat on the bed to take Michelle's hand ::

"Take it easy, I want you resting for awhile."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:48:42 PM
And of course I don't listen. I pull myself up and wrap my arms around her tightly. That's when the tears came. "I thought I'd never see you again."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:50:09 PM
:: She returned the embrace quickly, petting Michelle's hair to calm her ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:51:00 PM
She lets me take all the time I need to get it all out. My fears, my longing, my exhilaration that we were safe. She just lets me cry until I had nothing left to give. Her soft hand brought my sobs down to a dull sniffle and I rested my head on her shoulder. Blinking my tears away, I begin to take note of my surroundings more carefully. I'm staring at the damn wall this whole time and I failed to realize that this isn't our room.

"Where are we?" I pull my head back and look around the bedroom confused. "Why aren't I at the hospital. A crash like that ..."

I stop there. Yeah, a crash like that should have injured me quite badly. I mean, I blacked out for god's sake. I should have some sort of head trauma but right now I feel fine. In fact, I feel great. Like I just had the best night sleep of my life.

The wheels in my head begin to turn and I start looking at my arms for any indication of injury. There was nothing. Not one cut, bruise or bone broke. I grab at my shoulder and squeeze. No pain. No dislocation. I find a whole bunch of nothing. I frantically pull away from Fiona and start patting myself down in a hurry.

I was so happy a second ago that I was alive but now I was possessed in finding something wrong with me. I'm just searching for some understanding to what the hell happened to me.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 8th, 2006, 09:05:26 AM
"This place belongs to Martin."

:: She was about to continue when Michele started to realize what heppened, and remained silent until the questions began ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:32:31 PM
It was like her voice was disembodied, my mind barely noticing it. I was still too occupied trying to find what happened to me. Or in this case, what didn't.

"Why am I not hurt?" I stare right into Fiona's eyes. "Did Martin save me somehow?"

Then I realized what I said. My eyes widened in horror and I clutched my neck, feeling for bite marks. Fiona always told the Toreador I was off limits. Maybe in a panic she agreed for me to be turned!

Fiona Devlin
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:37:43 PM
:: Fiona stood up, and held Michele's hands ::

"No, not like that."

:: She spoke in a warm, reassuring tone ::

You're like me, Michele. You are Immortal."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:43:16 PM
I laugh, mainly out of relieved nervousness. I wasn't a Vamp. No offense to any bloodsuckers out there..

"Right, Fiona," I'm still chuckling as I kiss the back of her hand. "You would have told me if that was true. C'mon. What happened really?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:46:26 PM
:: Fiona shook her head ::

"You died in the crash. We both did."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:49:11 PM
"That's impossible." My humor slowly left my voice and I became quite serious, almost demanding in my responses since this was utter crap. "You would have told me. Tell me the truth, Fiona."

My hands started shaking from agitation. Why the hell was she playing with me like this after what happened.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:54:27 PM
:: Fiona looked back at Michelle with deep sorrow ::

"I'm sorry."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:00:54 PM
I stare at her stunned. I can see it on her face. She lied to me. She LIED to me for over a year! My lips begin to tremble and here I thought I had nothing left inside me to cry. "Why didn't you tell me???"

I grab her by the shoulders and shake her, my voice getting exceedingly louder as I get closer to screaming. "Why the hell didn't you tell me? Huh??? Was I just some piece in this game of yours???"

How could I be so stupid and trust her? Every time I do I get crapped on and Fiona was no exception.

I shove her away and get out of bed. I'm fine after all and go looking for my clothes. I just need to get outta here. My mind can't accept this. Just need to get away and clear my head.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:06:05 PM
"I WANTED YOU TO HAVE A NORMAL LIFE!!!" she cried.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:07:21 PM
I whirl around, "AND YOU KNEW THAT COULD NEVER BE POSSIBLE!!!"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:10:17 PM
"What did you want me to do, make the choice for you? Stab you in your sleep? What???? What would you have said to me then if I told you???!!! It was as hard for me, but I protected you!!!! I love you!!!"

:: she was crying ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:14:04 PM
I leaned over the nightstand, clutching the sides of the wood frame so tightly that my knuckles had gone white.

"I don't know, Fiona." I stopped yelling but I was still angry. Hell, I wasn't even looking at her now. "I honestly don't know. You never gave me the chance to make a choice did you."

The venom in my words surprised even me. I broke down crying again, covering my face. God. What did I do to deserve this??? Eveything was perfect before and everything was going fine in my life FOR ONCE. Why the hell did you have to mess it up! WHY!!!

Fiona Devlin
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:19:48 PM
:: Fiona wiped at her face and calmed herself, and brought Michele a glass of water ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:24:54 PM
The time it took Fiona to get me a glass of water gave me enough time to calm myself down. My emotions were still all over the place and it was just so damn hard to accept that I was Immortal. I also had time to realize how terrible I treated Fiona. Like this was easy for her. It wasn't easy for either of us and I just walked all over her as if she was the one that did this to me. Like it was her master plan all along, which of course wasn't true.

I was shaking from crying. When she offered me the drink, I pull the glass out of her hand and fell into her arms, clinging to her tightly. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!"

I need her. I love her. She's the only person I have to get me through this.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 10th, 2006, 09:48:40 AM
"I know you didn't."

:: Fiona helped Michelle off the floor, and sat with her on the bed, holding her until she settled ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 10th, 2006, 01:59:55 PM
It didn't take long for me to calm down this time. My emotional roller coaster seems to be heading into the stall. Probably for repairs with the way my head feels. Like I've been drowning the last ten minutes since I woke up.

I call her name softly, hoping she doesn't take offense to what I have to ask next. I just really needed to know and squeezed her hand while nestling my head against her. "This was still planned right?"

I chew on my lip, "I mean. Taking care of me since ... you know."

I can't even say it. Immortal. The word has become foreign to me now even though it's obviously been a important part of my life for close to a year.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:07:55 PM
"Yes. Watching over you, and protecting you ..."

:: her cheeks blushed brightly ::

"... falling in love with you was unexpected."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:16:30 PM
I stop biting my lip nervously and close my eyes, now smiling. Every accusation that I threw at her was meaningless. I was upset and should have known better. It was the shock talking and I was afraid and Fiona had the bullseye for my aggression.

I drew away and let my hand glide against her burning cheek. She was probably the most beautiful I had ever seen her. In a way, it was like I was looking at her for the first time with the lie between us gone.

"I'm so sorry for before." And it made me feel so terribly guilty still for my reaction to her. We barely fought and knowing I made her cry pained me.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:20:07 PM
"I forgive you."

:: She leaned closer and took Michele's mouth in a kiss ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:25:17 PM
The kiss was just as sweet as the first time my lips touched her's. So soft and tender, full of love and forgiveness. You would have had to pry my lips apart but Fiona pulled away first and rested her head against mine.

A lone happy tear fell down my face because this moment of perfection couldn't last. My life changed when I died and I needed to know what was expected of me. Granted, I have a clue but you only become Immortal once and I never met someone in my time with Fiona who had. "What happens now?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:31:24 PM
"I'll teach you, everything you need to know."

:: She kissed Michele on the cheek ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:32:59 PM
I have to chuckle and I wipe my eyes, "Couldn't be more ominous could you?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:43:46 PM
:: Fiona's eyes deepened then, the look of a thousand years within them ::

"You must learn how to fight. Others will come for us, and Balan is already in this city."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:46:16 PM
"Balan?" I say, my eyes narrowing. The name doesn't ring any bells and Fiona never mentioned another Immortal in Chicago.

Then it hit me. The answer was quite obvious to anyone that had half a brain cell. "The car accident. He was the one driving wasn't he?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:48:08 PM
"Yes. His name is Silas Balan. He's one of us."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:51:23 PM
"Great." I bury my head in my hands. How the hell was I going to learn anything fast enough in order to protect myself, let alone kill anyone and I honestly don't think I have what it takes to do it. "I'm screwed."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 10th, 2006, 02:55:07 PM
"No you're not."

:: She gave Michele's hand a squeeze ::

"I'm going to finish that bastard."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:13:27 PM
I wish her words were more comforting but so much just happened that I was skeptical. "And what if you don't?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:23:55 PM
"If I don't ..."

:: Fiona paused, weighing the question seriously before awnsering ::

"... then you'll have to go to Okinawa. I have a friend there who will protect you."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:29:06 PM
My head fell further, resting against my legs while I grab the back of my head in disbelief. I want to magically wake up in the hospital because it's obvious the blow to my head from the car accident has made up some whacked out fantasy dream.

"Some anniversary," I mumble.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:37:42 PM
:: Fiona reached out to touch her shoulder ::

"You're not going to lose me. I promise you."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:39:48 PM
"I know." My shoulders sag forward before I sit upright. More then likely she's right, but it's really a promise she can never keep.

I put on my best smile. "You always come home."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:48:46 PM
"That's the spirit."

:: She rose from the bed to start a bath ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:52:43 PM
Well, at least my smile worked. Fiona was convinced. Or maybe she was just playing along. Who knows. I stand up and stretch, working out the kinks and sore muscles. As good as I feel, laying around in bed for lord knows how long is still uncomfortable.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:58:58 PM
:: Fiona stripped and knelt beside the bath, adding some bath oils to the water as it filled ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:17:21 PM
I occupied my time with some snooping. Can't say I've had the opportunity to get a good look inside a Vamps bedroom. It was rather simplistic which didn't surprise me from what little I knew about Martin. The light wood floors were pretty and did well to offset the rather darker wood furniture. He had a desk but nothing was on it 'cept some paper and pens. Must not do a lot of writing since he's into photography.

What did overwhelm the room was the large bookcase that had all sorts of books. Poetry, history, romance, biographies ... lots more too. Some seemed to be old too by the way the way they were bound and took a random book off the shelf.

I flip the book back and forth and hum. Walden by Henry David Thoreau.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:22:49 PM
:: Fiona turned the bath off and walked out into the bedroom ::

"Ah, I see you've found the books."

:: She peeked over Michele's shoulder and smiled ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:26:09 PM
I turn around, not surprised at Fiona's lack of clothing. She's always wandering around the condo naked.

I hold up my book triumphantly and flip a thumb over my shoulder, "It's really hard to miss."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:35:35 PM
"Yes, Martin is quite the scholar."

:: she smiled, clasping her hands behind her back ::

"The bath is ready."

Martin Le Roux
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:47:23 PM
At 7:30, the night is young, especially in winter. The snow drifts brought a unique silence that was shattered as Martin stood on the brakes and down-shifted the R32 Skyline GT-R (with Canadian plates, of course). The exhaust cutout belched flame as the mild excess of fuel burned against the lightly glowing metal. 2.6 liters of white, twin turbo Japanese automotive art burbled and loped into Martin’s two car garage. He disabled the cutout, making the light vibration felt through the house suddenly disappear, and killed the ignition.

Leaving the car, he walked up the carpeted metal stairway, Sig P226 in hand. Hearing Fiona and Michele’s voices drift through, he replaces the weapon into a neatly concealed holster. Fiona had left the bedroom door open, likely for advanced warning.

Martin knocks against the wall next to the door and then leans around the corner slowly.

“Bonjour Fiona et Michele.” He says in perfectly accented French.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:50:33 PM
Martin startled me and I almost dropped his book and the way I caught it made me swear. I grabbed it by the front cover before it hit the ground but the pages flopped opened. My wincing face prayed I didn't pull on the binding too much.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:59:34 PM
"I trust everything went well?"

:: She laced her arms around Michele's waist from behind and rested her chin on her shoulder ::

Martin Le Roux
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:16:34 PM
“It was no trouble.” Martin waved a hand dismissively. He looked a little sheepish, but it was difficult to tell if he and Fiona were playing a game.

“It is good to see you on your feet again, Michele. When I snuck you out you looked quite different. I’m sure it was quite a fright at first. And do not worry about the book, it is only a second edition.” He finished but started to frown a little.

“But I am sad to see the Mustang in such a state. I had it moved to a shop that I trust. The body is a total loss, and I have instructed them not to touch it until I say otherwise.” Martin was probably the only person besides Michelle who had ever been behind the wheel of the Shelby. It was a simple brute force American monster, but he loved it nearly as much as Fiona, and they had both chewed through several sets of tires playing with each other on late nights on back streets, either by chasing each other or seeing what kind of terror they could inflict on each other.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:21:42 PM
I could only guess at how mangled I was from the crash and I really didn't want to ask. I was on my slow progression up in accepting my new life...though I still kept hoping I was gonna wake up soon.

"Well, the car's partially Fiona's fault anyway." I grin. "She made me drive it."

At least I still had my humor.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:28:19 PM
"I'm more concerned with Balan at the moment. I don't need Peterson catching wind of this if I can help it."

:: she turned and slipped into a bath robe ::

Martin Le Roux
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:39:19 PM
Martin shook his head.

"It was a hit and run on a slick road. The Viper wrecked a 2001 Mustang GT, which now sits in the yard in your car's place. Both occupants on the Mustang were told to call their doctors if they felt signs of whiplash. The driver of the Viper escaped on foot and is still at large." He looked at Fiona seriously, since she had not discussed the details beyond the specific predicament.

"I suppose he is like you." Martin said firmly. He was not a Vampire or a Lupine. Fiona would have mentioned that, and Martin would have probably not returned for a few days, cleaning up the mess.

"I am sorry Michele, this must seem rather sudden. I hope you made her aware of my nature now that she is aware of hers?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:42:37 PM
"Well," I scratch the back of my neck a bit embarrassed. "I already knew. I um, thought you saved my life at first before Fiona told me otherwise. But yeah. Sudden is putting it mildly."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:50:20 PM
:: Fiona nods to Martin ::

"Thank you for what you've done for us. I owe you one."

Martin Le Roux
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:58:17 PM
"Something like that." he said.

Martin frowned and left the room, leaving Michele and Fiona alone. He sought out his wine rack, and uncorked an Italian merlot. He poured himself a glass, thinking over the current predicament. Unlike Vampires and Lupines, violence between immortals, from what little he knew about it, was more complicated. While they lacked the same degree of political machinations (a game Martin had adapted fairly well to in unlife), the immortal's ritualistic (?) combat rules(?) made him uncomfortable. Once you figured out where to direct violence in unlife, it was fairly straightforward. You killed the bastard trying to kill you.

Martin took a sip, and stared angrily at the wall clock above the stove.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 09:51:09 AM
:: She shut the door then ::

"Do you trust me, Michele Hawkins?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:26:30 AM
My eyes narrow and I give her an odd look like she's crazy. That was a helluva thing to say. "You know I do."

I can feel my lip twitching with how I acted before. "I know you were protecting me now."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:42:35 AM
"Good. The world is much larger now than the one you lived in."

:: Her eyes widened as she spoke, with a hint of wildness Michele had never seen before ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:09:41 PM
I found myself sitting back on the bed. Not really sure how that happened but I was entranced with Fiona, clinging onto every word she said with fascination. I never saw this side of her before and wanted to know more. So I sat there in silence and waited for more.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:17:46 PM
:: Fiona knelt on the foot of the bed ::

"I know you have many questions. Now is the time to ask me."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:35:19 PM
I sat there overwhelmed. I mean, when I first found out Fiona was Immortal; it was almost as nearly as shocking when I found I was one of them.

We were together for almost two months when I learned Fiona was Immortal. I helped close the club late and when I was walking to the bus stop, I heard the sound of metal on metal. The sound was near the club but had no idea what it was and went investigating.

I turned the corner around the club and with perfect timing, saw Fiona cleave some guy's head off with one swift stroke. She didn't notice me at first but I couldn't hold back my scream and she would have heard me if not for the Quickening.

Um. The Quickening's kinda hard to explain but it's the physical manifestation of the Immortal's power. When the Immortal is defeated, this wisps and arcs of electrical energy swirl around the victor, seeping into their body. Larger arcs lash out at anything nearby, cars, equipment, and power lines ... they all blow up. Windows explode from the pressure and I was drowning in glass....

I was frozen. I couldn't move because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This sorta insanity never happens except in books and movies. Eventually our eyes met and I bolted. Fiona easily caught up with me and basically dragged me back into the club so she could calm me down and explain who she really was. I got the basics of being Immortal but she never went into great detail, except when she had to, and that was rare ...

So many questions were spinning around in my head that I had no idea where to begin. My lips moved but no words formed. My eyes pleaded with her to start somewhere.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:47:31 PM
:: She nodded gently, understanding the confusion ::

"I understand how you feel, Michele. All those centuries ago when Ramirez found me. I was hiding in the deep forests, with no sense of what I was. Or why."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:51:40 PM
I'd never heard of Ramirez but it was obvious that he was to Fiona then, as she was to me now. A mentor of sorts. "It was much worse for you then I imagine. At least I have an idea about your kind. You had nothing."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:20:00 PM
"Our kind." she corrected with a smile.

"The times were different, but one thing remains the same. We must conceal what we are from mortal eyes. Like the Kindred, we live silently among them."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:26:06 PM
I smile back nervously at being corrected. 'Our Kind' ...

"I know with the Vampires they have rules. I presume .... we have them too?" As I said, Fiona never went into great detail about this sort of thing. I know about the 'End Game'. Immortals fight other Immortals for some prize. No clue what it is though.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:36:35 PM
"Our rules are far less political. We cannot fight on Holy Ground. That is our only true sanctuary from the Game. And once a duel is begun, a third cannot interfere."

:: she paused ::

"However, being caught after a Quickening by another in wait can be fatal."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:40:15 PM
I frown. These rules suck.. "So it means we can't help one another if we get into trouble? I just have to watch you die if it ever came to that?!"

Only if you were deaf could you miss my disgust and anger.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:50:19 PM
"Yes."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:53:17 PM
I could imagine the look of horror on my face and it wasn't cause by Fiona's answer.

It was how calmly and matter of factly she spoke it. I found the words leaving my mouth again and left with one thought that was repeating over and over again in my mind.

Why me?

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:00:38 PM
:: She closed her eyes, letting a moment of silence pass between them ::

"You're going to need a sword, Michele."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:09:55 PM
I laugh. "This is ridiculous. I don't even know how to use one. I've only been in fist fights."

Yeah, I did forget to mention that didn't I. Well before life was showering me with affection and good luck, I was a foster child being passed around like an STD. Oddly, I took it in stride. I mean, how else was life going to be like? I probably would have ended up pissed off at the world if it weren't for a dusty old piano and for Mrs. Warren, one of my caregivers, introducing me to Mozart, Bach, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky.

Course my adopted father's couldn't protect me from the evil's of the world and sometimes my talented fingers had to be balled into fists for survival.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:14:07 PM
:: Fiona raised a brow, and her voice. Just a little bit ::

"Well you're going to learn!"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:20:52 PM
I almost cowered like a scolded dog. Fiona never used that tone with me. "Well, yes Ma'am."

My sarcastic reply was quickly followed up by my standing. I just wanted some distance from this Fiona. I'm really starting to not like this side of her. "I just found out what the hell I am today, y'know? Maybe cut me some slack that I'm not some high and mighty Immortal like you are, huh?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:34:31 PM
"I'm not!" Fiona snapped back. "And I'm not going to sugar coat it for you if that's what you want. I'm not going to let you die."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:43:53 PM
"Maybe you should." I run my hand through my hair. "It'll probably be for the best and you'd have one less thing to worry about."

I didn't say that in anger or out of spite. I think a part of me really means it. I know she choose to protect me but I'm going to be a burden and I don't want her getting killed either.

Like the rules, this situation sucks and there is no real way to get out of it unless one of us dies. There's no way I could survive without her, physically and emotionally. I'd become a wreck and just wait for someone to take me. Fiona would get over me in time. She's done it before.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:48:04 PM
:: Fiona looked as if she had been struck across the face, and silently retreated to the bath ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:52:08 PM
I fall onto the bed and grab a pillow so I can bury my face to quiet my wails.

I just want to wake up from this nightmare.

Why can't I just wake up!

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:04:49 PM
THE NEXT MORNING -

:: Fiona rose early and walked into the kitchen. Martin had left during the night, to tend to his own business. She let Michele sleep, and sat at the table as she waited for the coffee pot to fill ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:10:28 PM
I roll over expecting to find someone next to me but my hand found nothing. My eyes were half wide open as I looked around for Fiona and then realized we weren't at home. We're still at Martin's.

I rub my eyes awake. God, I feel like crap. I know I slept through the entire night but it feels like I didn't even get fifteen minutes of rest. I didn't have to kick the covers off in order to get outta bed. My night was restless. Pillows were everywhere and the covers were a tangled mess. I can only imagine what I look like.

I stumble to the bathroom and splash some cold water in my face to wake me up. I need my head clear before I see Fiona. I have no idea how today's gonna go with what I said last night.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:21:41 PM
:: Fiona heard the water in the bathroom run, and got up to toast some frozen waffles. Blueberry. There was a place in heaven for Martin Leroux, in spite of his unlife ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:27:44 PM
I look at myself in the mirror. I got bags under my eyes, all puffy and blue. The water barely made me look presentable. My hair was a mess and I brush it out, wasting time. I'm stalling. I don't want to go out there. Nothing's the same between me and Fiona and I'm scared. Scared of the potential fight. Scared of loosing her. Scared of becoming something I'm not...

I remained hovering over the sink, breathing in and out of my nose so I can muster up the courage to go outside.

Then I smell food. My stomach growls. Loudly. I realize I haven't eaten since ... well. I'm not sure when I last ate but it felt like days. I follow my nose and tip toe my way to the bedroom door. With one last inhalation of bravery, I head on out and hope for the best.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:35:02 PM
"Good morning."

:: Fiona offered a friendly greeting from the kitchen counter as she fixed the first plate of waffles ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:36:33 PM
I look at her with one eye open. "Good morning..." I say and tenatively move towards the kitchen.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:42:49 PM
:: She handed Michele the plate of waffles, topped with butter and a generous portion of hot blueberries ::

"Sorry, no orange juice."

:: She poured a cup of the hazlenut coffee ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:45:13 PM
Things seemingly are fine but I know there's a lot of unspoken tension between us. I hurt Fiona really bad last night but she's not showing it yet and my stomach wants food!

I start devouring my breakfast and with uncouth manners mutter a "S'okay."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:48:06 PM
:: Fiona gave a chuckle and joined her at the table ::

"Slow down. There's plenty more."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:50:32 PM
I don't listen and clean my plate in record time. I hadn't scarfed down a meal like that since foster care but I feel a lot better, out of breath, but better.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:53:19 PM
:: Fiona on the other hand, sipped her coffee and ate slowly, taking the time to enjoy each bite ::

"Would you like more?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:55:34 PM
"No." I swallowed my nerves back down and cradle my head in my arms on the table, staring at Fiona across from me in hopes of any sign of how she was doing since last night. "Maybe later."

I couldn't read her unlike me who was an open book to those ancient eyes of her's.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:03:18 PM
:: she took the plates up and washed them, then sat back at the table with another cup of coffee ::

"Don't do that."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:04:26 PM
I didn't know what she meant and my head tilts to the side in confusion. "Do what?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:05:03 PM
"That frown. It looks terrible."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:07:22 PM
"I look much worse then just my frown." I sit up and rub at my eyes again, trying to focus. "Feel just as bad too..."

That statement was double loaded. Yeah I felt like crap, but also felt bad because of last night. I don't think I have the mental capacity to get through this even with Fiona's help. And if I somehow can, I think it will be at the cost of our relationship.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:10:08 PM
"We shall have to remedy that." she said, rubbing her palms together to warm them. Her mood was a sweet and caring one.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:11:40 PM
I look at her unconvinced that everything was fine. "Even after last night?"

If I was going to get an answer, I just had to ask the damn question already.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:14:19 PM
:: Fiona rolled her eyes playfully ::

"I do not bear you grudges, Michele Hawkins. I'm still your girflfriend, as well as your mentor now."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:16:24 PM
I cross my arms, and you guessed it, still unconvinced and spoke jokingly, "It's the mentor part I'm worried about. I think we might end up killing each other."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:16:28 AM
:: Fiona stood up and moved closer ::

"Come on."

:: She leaned down to kiss Michele ::

"come on." she coaxed, and walked backed into the bedroom.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:05:30 PM
I know I have a stupid grin on my face as I enjoy my girlfriend walking away. How Fiona accepts who I am so unconditionally amazes me and she's the only blessing that has come with my curse. Perhaps in time, if I'm allowed, I can learn to control my spiraling emotions better.

But now, I chase after my girl and for the rest of the morning she makes me forget about everything. Everything 'cept her.