PDA

View Full Version : Many Meetings

Alexei Tvarivich
Mar 31st, 2006, 04:45:24 PM
It was a typical sunny day in Portland Oregon. The sun was shining, the sky was nearly cloudless, and the wind was strong enough to rip your clothes off. D’jin Tvarivich strolled quietly down the street. He wore a pair of blue denim jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black coat thrown over it all. He had spent the last three month touring all around the states, why you might ask. Well, if you asked him he would say he was on tour with his band, Hell Fire. If you poked your nose a little deeper you would discover that there was no such band as Hell Fire and that D’jin traveled alone and now with a band at all. His reason for visiting the states was to investigate the conditions of the Silver Fang camps in the United States. D’jin hailed from the cold mountains of Russia and as the heir to the Russian Silver Fang throne; he took it upon himself to go about meeting what remained of the Silver Fang camps. He had already covered all of Russia and a few over countries that were still inhabited by the glorious Silver Fang packs and he had saved the United States for last. Why? Because he had only been to the states once and he wanted to see what was so great about this ‘free’ country. So far all he had seen only confirmed his fear that the apocalypse was almost here. He had toured the camps and even met with the current King of the American Silver Fangs and discussed politics over tea. He had only one last Camp to visit, the small Silver Fang camp located somewhere in the state of Oregon.

As D’jin walked he traced the scar on his forehead with a finger. A mark left behind from his first engagement with a vampire. The thing had come at him with a silver knife and managed to slice his face, among other things. Yes, he had killed the vampire because a single blood sucker was not much of a match for a werewolf. He lowered his finger from the scar and sniffed the air again. He could smell werewolves but not any of the Silver Fang. He had, please pardon the pun, poked his nose around and found no trace of the Silver Fang camp. He had even stopped a few werewolves in homid form on the street and asked them about it. Most just told him to push off but those that did answer said they had never heard of a Silver Fang camp in the Portland area. This only made things more difficult. He was getting angry now and he hated that because anger always clouded his thinking. He could feel the hairs on the back of his neck rise as his anger and frustration. This was not a good time for him to be out and about. The full moon was just around the corner and he always got irritable at this time. He also hated being in the city. Some werewolves enjoyed it but D’jin hated it. He preferred the cold snowy forests of Russia to the warmer weather and car traffic that he found here in the states. He found a secluded park on the outskirts of Portland and collapsed onto a park bench. The park was completely empty and it was no mystery why. The place was run down. All the play equipment was trashed and about every flat surface was covered in graffiti. At least here he could get away from the street and those bloody cars. He kept feeling like he should drop down on all fours and chase after them. His mother had always said he was more like a dog then a wolf.

As he sat there among the smells of old paint and wood bark, a new scent floated in. A werewolf was approaching from a side street, a Glass Walker by the smell of him, or rather; her. He turned his head and looked down towards where the smell was coming from. Perhaps this Garou might possess some valuable information.

Asztrik
Apr 1st, 2006, 01:41:41 AM
Mmmmmm. Cappuccinos were one of mans' greatest inventions. And one of the best reasons to stay in a city instead of out in the wilderness somewhere.

She brought the paper cup to her lips, the strong wind blowing back the hood of her red wool jacket. Her free hand brushed back a few stray strands of light blonde hair from her face. Then it hit her - the faint smell of another Garou. It was enough to stop her in her tracks, raise her hood and hopefully pass by him unnoticed.

...Which is very hard to do, she thought, in a nearly abandoned park in the middle of the day. She lowered her head and strode confidently onwards. Maybe she would luck out and miss him along the way.

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 1st, 2006, 03:00:48 PM
D'jin jumped up off the bench and strode towards the smell. In the distance he could see a red hood dancing around. He turned off to the side and darted through a cluster of trees. The Glass Walker seemed intent on avoiding him so he was going to intercept her on her own path. He moved through the trees and, after considering against hiding in the bushes- because she could be able to smell him, he stepped out and waited there on the corner of the sidewalk that she was walking down, "Good afternoon," D'jin said with a weak, yet genuine, smile, "Hows the city life treating you?"

Asztrik
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:01:25 PM
"Damnit..."

She bit her lip and sighed. So. Busted. The young woman stopped in her tracks, several feet from the other Garou. He wasn't one of her kind, but obviously he had detected her first. Way to ruin an uneventful day of doing nothing but enjoying the city -- her irritation was clear in her voice when she spoke.

"Okay, what is it that you want to know? Make it quick, I have a bus to catch across town."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:11:41 PM
Centuries of pure Silver Fang blood told D'jin to reach out and slap the female across the head for dishonoring him so. But in the back of his one track mind a little wisdom shed its light, "This is not Russia. People here don't know your the prince..." The voice said and D'jin managed to keep his hands at his side. He had spent too much time with his fellow Silver Fangs that even he was starting to act like them. He hated it. The Silver Fang race had become little more then a bunch of aggressive thugs that occupied the thrones of the Garou.

"Don't worry. I won't take up too much of your time," He said. "I'm looking for a group of Silver Fangs that were said to inhabit this general area. Do you know where their camp is?" Despite his efforts; his Russian accent still bled through in his speech. He had managed to keep his grammar clean of Russian slang and had even reframed from saying 'da', and 'comrade'. He did not want his position as a Russian Silver Fang to get out. It was easier to work amongst his people when they weren’t bowing all the time.

Asztrik
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:20:21 PM
"Eh, I haven't run into any other Garou besides the few Urban Prims I live with. But if there was a camp around here, we'd have known about it."

It was true - most Garou lived in the wylds, not in the cities. The Urban Primitive camps Asztrik called home were in the lower income neighbourhoods, or warehouse districts, where most other Glasswalkers wouldn't live at all. Right now she was staying in a squat a few blocks away; a cosy little place that still had some running water and electricity. She wasn't really in a hurry to get home. She'd just gotten off shift at the coffee-house were she worked, and had planned to spend the day hanging out with friends.

"It's not like a camp could just disappear, you know? Maybe you've got the wrong part of the city?"

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 3rd, 2006, 01:47:05 PM
No, D'jin was sure he had the right part of the city. He was more on the outskirts now but he had been all over the area. He could smell them but the scents where days old, perhaps weeks old. Silver Fangs have a better sense of smell then all the other races and D'jin still had only been able to pick up old traces. That meant that the tracks where very old and dead cold. He feared the worst for his American clan mates.

D'jin clenched and unclenched his fists angrily. This was getting far too frustrating, and he really wanted to pound something right now, "Do you happen to know of any of our kind around here that may know more about the camp. A Silent Strider perhaps?" Those buggers were great at picking up worthless information that may be worth something to the right person.

Asztrik
Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:24:45 PM
"Maybe the people I live with would know. I stick with my own kind, usually, or mingle with the normals. You know."

She'd caught him clenching and unclenching his fists, and the hint of an accent she didn't recognize - probably a Euro-garou. Euro-trash was more like it, thinking he was worth the time and effort it would take to find a Strider. Asztrik wasn't having it, this was AMERICA, and the rules of the cities were dictated by the Glasswalkers (at least, in her mind, anyway).

"We could, I don't know, go and ask them? They know the city and the other garou better than I do."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:16:26 PM
D'jin did not like the idea of continuing to tramp around town just hoping to bump into someone who knew the right answer, but he had no other visible choice, "Well, then. Could you be as kind as to lead the way?" he said in a soft tone that sounded alien coming from a Silver Fang.

Asztrik
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:02:32 PM
The girl shrugged, and started walking again.

"It's not that far, just through the park and a block or so away. Thom should know something, and if not, he'll know who to ask."

She took one last sip of her coffee - so cold and disgusting she made a face - and tossed the cup into a bin beside the path. "So, why are you looking for Silver Fangs? You gotta beef with them?"

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 8th, 2006, 09:11:28 PM
"I have no 'beef' with them. I happen to be of the Silver Fangs clan. I am merely checking on the Silver Fangs camp here in Oregon. I have an old friend who is part of the camp and for years I've wanted to see him again. But now that I'm out here I cannot find him or the camp. I do hope your friend can help."

Asztrik
Apr 9th, 2006, 11:13:58 PM
"Thom knows most of the Garou around here, he'll know something."

The rest of the way was walked in silence. They arrived at a run-down looking house - boarded up door and broken windows covered by criss-crossing scraps of wood.

Asztrik lead him through the over-grown lawn, into the backyard. She pushed D'jin inside, locking the door behind them. Slouching into the living room, the girl flopped down on a ratty couch.

"THOM! SOMEONE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!"

Thomas Vez
Apr 11th, 2006, 01:28:10 AM
D'jin could hear the thump of someone getting out of bed, the sound of foot-steps walking across the floor, the creak and slam of a door. The same feet pounded loudly down the stairs, Thomas Vez barreling into the living room.

The first thing D'jin would likely notice about the young man skidding to a halt behind him would be the set of large curving horns on either side of his head. The mark of a Metis - a child born to two Garou parents. Luckily for Thomas, he'd been born into the Glasswalker tribe, notorious for keeping their Metis children alive as a means of increasing the number of Garou. Even luckier, he'd been raised in a "family" type setting, with other metis children to play with - a "normal" upbringing, or as normal as his parents' could provide. Horns aside, he was fairly normal looking - dark messy hair and brown eyes, average build and height.

A grin split his face as the Silver Fang turned to face him. "Heeyyy, who's the new guy, Red? I thought you were done bringing strange men home."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 11th, 2006, 12:21:40 PM
As D'jin entered the building he was met by a strange smell. It was familiar and yet he could not place it. It was not until the male stomped into the room that his suspicion was confirmed. It was a Metis, a bloody Metis! D'jin could feel the air on the back of his neck stand straight up and his teeth start to lengthen. His body wanted to transform, or rather transform and kill the Metis. Personally D'jin had nothing against them, but it was built into the Silver Fangs society that all Metis were killed off; and as such his silver fang blood demanded he striked the creature down.

D'jin turned away and took in a few heavy breaths before turning back to the Metis, "D'jin Tvarivich," He said, still fighting the urge to kill. Stupid, stupid Silver Fang blood!, "Always a pleasure to meet a Metis," now he was lying through his teeth.

Thomas Vez
Apr 11th, 2006, 12:51:35 PM
"Yeah, sure."

He glanced back over his shoulder at Asztrik. Outsiders, particularly non-glasswalkers, were not welcome here. She'd better have a good reason for bringing this new one with her.

"He said he's looking for the Silver Fang camp," she shrugged. "I told him you'd probably know where they are."

Thom folded his arms across his chest as he turned his attention back to the Silver Fang. "I haven't seen any of your kind around here for at least a month. Haven't heard a reason why; they just disappeared."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 11th, 2006, 01:01:23 PM
"Three dozen or so Silver Fangs do not just disappear," D'jin commented, "If they had relocated then news would have gotten out. We Silver Fangs are far too traditional to move our camps anyways," He was getting angry again and his Russian accent was getting very prominent, "Are you sure you have not heard anything; a strange sighting, a rumor, some half crazy story?" He was getting desperate now. It really did not matter much to him what happened to the Silver Fangs in the United States, but if something bad had befallen his clan then he was not just going to let it pass by without investigation.

Thomas Vez
Apr 11th, 2006, 02:42:15 PM
"There's rumors about Pentex going around, but they have been confirmed. "

The metis covered his mouth, a loud fit of hacking and wheezing interrupting him. "The Urban Prims haven't seen anything concrete, that would prove Pentex is even around here. Someone from another tribe might know more, but we'd have to head out of here to find them."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 11th, 2006, 02:46:06 PM
"Pentex, what the hell is that?" D'jin demanded after Thom had finished his hacking fit. D'jin had heard a few stories of something called Pentex, but real details were scarce over in Russia. D'jin had always assumed it was a kind of old wives tale or a story to tell to young Garou to make them behave.

Thomas Vez
Apr 11th, 2006, 02:58:09 PM
Asztrik was nearly passed out on the couch, Thomas pulled an old blanket over her and ushered D'jin out of the room. He sat down at a rickety kitchen table, and gestured for the other garou to take the chair across from him.

"They're a cover for the Wyrm, a real evil bunch of bastards. We hear bits and pieces about them every once and a while, but nothing about wiping out a whole camp." Another round of coughing. "We're gonna have to find someone else, a Strider or a Fury, someone who knows more about them then we do."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:03:40 PM
D'jin sat down in the chair but it was evident even to the hacking Thom that he was not comfortable in a chair. So the stories about Pentex were true. At least now he had some vital information to bring back to the homeland, "Do you have any ideas on were to look?" D'jin as he scrapped a finger over the table top, "I've been over a lot of the city today and all I found was a bunch of Glass Walkers and they did not know anything. Yes, I agree, a Strider would be of great help, but I don't know about a Fury."

Thomas Vez
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:58:32 PM
He shrugged, and wheezed. The joys of being sickly.

"Mostly glasswalkers in the city, so whatever we luck out and find as far as other Tribes will have to do. It doesn't matter what they are, if they know what we want to know."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:25:04 PM
"But where to start looking?" D'jin said as his nail started into dig into the table's wood top, "Is there a group of known Garou in this city that we can ask or are we stuck with just striking out on our own and seeing who we can dig up?"

Thomas Vez
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:53:28 PM
"Chill, guy. There's a bar where loads of us get together; I'm sure there'll be someone who can help us out."

Thom grabbed D'jins' hand, frowning. "And don't mess up my table."

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 21st, 2006, 01:53:19 PM
For the slightest moment intense anger flashed through D'jin eyes, but it faded as soon as it appeared. He had learned to control his anger no matter how deep it ran in his blood. For that brief moment he had wanted to rise up and punch a hole through Thom's chest, but restraint and discipline had stopped him, "Then lets go to this bar of yours," He said before rising to his feet, "How far is it?"

Thomas Vez
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:51:26 PM
"A few minutes away by car, a few more by foot."

His voice had a hint of distain - this kid was getting on his nerves with his pissy attitude, and Thom would be glad to be rid of him. He rose to his feet, leading D'jin outside and down to the street. He hoped that the walk there would be a quiet one.

Alexei Tvarivich
May 30th, 2006, 09:48:23 PM
D'jin moved out the door and followed closely behind Thom. He seperated himself from the other man for more reasons then one. The first and primary reason was that anyone who knew who Thom and D'jin are, or what they are, would take a very sudden interest if they found the two walking down the street side by side, and D'jin wanted to avoid as much attention as he could. The second reason was that he really did not trust the monstrocity for a moment and he would rather be the one to stab the creature in the back then the other way around.

It was just be a quiet walk to the bar...

Thomas Vez
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:38:34 PM
Club Excess was one of those lovely little dives you can find any city. It has a mix of patrons - students looking for cheap drinks and a place to hang out, adults looking for the same. All in all, a good mix of people who may or may not be useful to the pair of Garou elbowing up to the bar. A new band was set to play the place that night, and the dance floor was packed.

A good-natured smile from Thom got him his usual, and the tender waited patiently for D'jin to order.

Nara McKenna
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:16:50 AM
Kevin, the drummer for the band playing tonight, peeked his head between the curtains and let out a whistle.

Ethan, the guitarest, threw a wad up piece of paper and tapped him on the head. "Idiot. We're going on in a few minutes. Get back on the set."

The other two members of the band, Vicki and Paul, exchange chuckles. Nara just shook her head. Her bandmates were always goofy when playing a new gig. They were just excited. Hell, she was too. It was always a rush to find out how the local Garou reacted to her show. As a protector of Gaia, Nara had a different approach in spreading the word of their struggles. She was very subtle on one hand in her lyrics but other times she would beat you over the head about the fight with Wyrm, Pentex and all the strange creatures that go bump in the night. Environmentalists loved her slams against Pentex, regular folk just loved the melodic music and her haunting voice. Garou. Eh, her people were split. They either loved her or hated her for it but she was a Galliard. Healing her people through song and rallying their strength for a fight was her calling. They just have to deal.

"All right everyone! Give a warm Portland welcome to Esoterica!"

That was her cue. Stripping off her red leader jacket, she cracked her knuckles while the curtain opened. Kevin tapped at the cymbal four times and Paul led into the song with his bass, everyone else following suit.

I wake, I hunger.
I sprint through the woods.
Jumping, turning, racing under the full moon.
Four paws pressed against moist Earth,
Free of constraints of a mundane world

The crowd was eating it up but there were familiar confused eyes staring at Nara like she was crazy. She grinned and broke into chorus. Her brothers and sisters were in the club tonight!

Alexei Tvarivich
Jun 5th, 2006, 06:14:37 PM
D'jin asked for a glass of water. He didn't drink anything sugary becuase it made him hyper and he didn't drink anything alcoholic because it clouded his judgement, two things he really did not need at this point in time. D'jin was about to throw another question at Thom when the stage curtain rose and music hit his ears like a sledgehammer. He turned where he stood to look at the band and listened. He was not much of a music lover, but this band's lyrics were odd in the sense that it made sense to D'jin.

A thought crossed his mind and he started to sniff the air, to no avail. The building was too full of people and their scents for him to get a whiff of the Band, "Know anything about that band?" He asked Thom in a shout to be heard over the music.

Jonas Bellinger
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:21:51 PM
A few days before, Jonas had taken a plane to Portland. And during those few days in between, he had scoped out much of Portland, using his ties and his abilities to find out the proper information. And tonight, he made his first appearance, but as a human. Jonas was dressed in jeans with holes in the knees and tatters at the base of the legs, because the length was enough to drape behind his boots. He wore a hoodie and a jean jacket over it. He carried no weapons on him now, for if there were trouble, he would either fight with his natural weapons, or high tail it out of there. Either way, he was fine.

Walking to the bar next to the Russian man, Jonas ordered a drink.

"I'll have a Bud, please."

Thomas Vez
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:51:08 PM
"Know anything about that band?" He asked Thom in a shout to be heard over the music.

"Nah, but it seems obvious that we've got a friend amongst them."

He nodded to the man who slid into view beside D'jin, raising his full glass to his lips before continuing.

"We can always talk to them after the show..."

Nara McKenna
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:53:40 AM
Each song received a resounding roar of approval from the crowd. They were a success and were even called out for an encore. Nara couldn't have been happier with her band's performance tonight.

Backstage the crew was breaking down their equipment with the help of Vicki and Kevin, Ethan and Paul had just finished putting their own gear away. She flashed all of them one of her rare genuine smiles. "C'mon on and let them finish up. Let's hit the bar. I owe you all at least two rounds."

Kevin happily relinquished the twenty-five pound cord he was hauling to the nearest Roadie. "Thanks, mate," and slapped him on the back, in which the Roadie gave him a dirty look but said nothing. Like he wanted to make the band angry and loose this gig.

Nara led her group opposite of where Thom, Jonas and D'jin were. She had noticed Thom's deformity on stage during her set. How could she miss horns coming out of someone's head? His companion, a rather hearty fellow, was the one that looked confused during the performance. The signs pointed to them being Garou and she sniffed the air when they were close enough. Room was too packed to ascertain if they really were. They might have just been kin like her band were. Yes, sometimes kin are so insane they really do odd things like plaster fake horns, claws and teeth onto them to make them seem like they were Garou. Mentally she cursed her inability to learn the gift of true scent.

All five of them piled onto the free stools, two members on each side of Nara, and she ordered them all a round of whatever beer was on tap and shots of the house whiskey.

Jonas Bellinger
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:50:54 PM
Jonas followed the band with his eyes. At least one was Garou. The lyrics said it all. A pup, it would seem. If this one had been around as long as he had, she wouldn't sing about her heritage. For some, they may consider it merely artistic writing, but others, those who were trained, would follow up the lead. Maybe he would school her, but most likely, she wouldn't listen. Most pups and members of other clans wouldn't likely listen to the advice of a Bone Gnawer. They were the dirt of the earth to the others, mere scavengers in a game of predators. But Jonas always smiled and remained happy, for it would be him that would be alive long after those other idiot mutts killed themselves over trivial matters.

When his Bud arrived, the cap was still on. Most establishments would already have the cap off for patrons, but apparently not this one. No matter. Spacing his knuckles over the cap, he twisted his wrist. The cap came off easily, and the slight spritz of pressurized alcohol smelled pretty good to Jonas' nose. He took a large sip, almost a gulp, then sat the beer down on the bartop.

Jonas noticed the man two barstools down nod at him. Jonas noted the horns, but didn't care. Metis were common among the Bone Gnawers. Some were albinos: one bitch he knew was a sweet-looking albino, nice features, but burned easily. A nice lithe body, perfect womanly parts in her Homid form......Jonas shook off the memory of sweat and the passing of other bodily fluids, and focuse on the task at hand. The Metis was wearing city clothing, and had an air of understanding to him. Most likely Glass Walker; they were often the most accepting of the clans, especially of Bone Gnawers, who made great informants. And the man next to him had an air of absolute confidence. An air of aristocracy. But he was in the company of a Metis. Hmmm. An unbiased Silver Fang? Interesting. This one might just be a half-decent pup, maybe with age, an even better alpha male. A big maybe, but a possibility nonetheless.

Jonas, not looking his ripe age of fifty, smiled and took another sip of his beer before speaking to the two men next to him.

"Not a bad act. The music's pretty good. But I bet it's not the music that brings you two lovebirds here......Maybe it's the burgers....."

Jonas, grinning, turns and asks the bartender if the kitchen's still open. When Jonas receives the affirmation, he orders a triple cheeseburger with a side of ranch, and a plate of seasoned fries, handing the barkeep a fifty for it.

"You keep the change, good sir."

Alexei Tvarivich
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:40:26 PM
D'jin watched the band members as they walked over to the bar and sat down not far from him and Thom. Instantly D'jin felt ashamed to be seen by in the company of a Metis by other Garou, how could he live that kind of shame down? Back in Mother Russia Metis were killed instantly, and interacting with or protecting one was punishable by banishment and sometimes death.

Perhaps what frustrated him more was the fact that he still could not catch the scent of any of the band members. He was a Silver Fang, and royalty at that. He should be able to smell a mouse in a dung heap. All he could smell was the scent of sweat, human bodies, food, drink, and the Metis beside him.

Then a man a few seats down started talking to them. His talk bored D'jin and his choice of food disgusted him. He strained his neck forward and sniffed the air, catching that man's scent. The man was a Garou, but of what Tribe D'jin could not tell. He had not interacting with many other tribes and as such had a hard time telling one tribe from another.

"We came for the women," D'jin lied, attempting a joking manner but failed miserably. He did his best to hide his russian accent, as always. His time in America had helped him get it under control and use more american friendly words and avoid overused Russian terms and words, such as referring to friends as 'comrades'.

D'jin leaned his head close to Thom's ear, "There is no possibility that we can conduct a conversation amidst this... chaos. We will need somewhere quiet if we want to talk to those inside the Band that are Garou."

Thomas Vez
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:24:35 AM
"Yeah, plenty of good bitches to go around, old man."

He smirked and coughed in Jonas direction, before leaning in close to D'jin.

"I guess we'll have to wait then, catch them when they go backstage...don't see why we can't go over and chat them up, just to get an idea of which one is the Garou of the group..."

Nara McKenna
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:27:14 AM
Nara downed her shot and then swiveled the stool around so she could lean on the bar and watch the crowd. The local DJ was spinning some local favorites that weren't half bad to her ears. She'll have to make it a point to ask DJ if he had any samples.

"Psst, Nara." Kevin jabbed her in the side.

Her head bobbed to the music, fingers tapping against the wood. "Don't do that. What?"

The drummer leaned closer to her, "Those guys back there keep eying you. Think they're cousins?"

Around her little circle, cousins referred to other Garou. If by some chance any of them thought there were Black Fury, they called them family. It was an easy way around using terminology that would raise eyebrows. Even on stage she refused to use such language when singing. Bold as she was, there were boundaries she refused to cross.

"Might be." She shrugged, "I can't tell, tho I bet at least Ram-man is."

Vicki was seated next to her as well and chimed in, "Well if they are, they'll make there way over here eventually. They always do."

"Unless they're hopeless fanboys," Paul said to which Nara winced. "At least it isn't Troll boy."

Kevin busted out laughing, "Yeah how long did he follow us for? A month up and down the East Coast." He wrapped at arm around Nara's neck but was so busy talking that he missed the singer's glare. "I mean, why you didn't find a short, pudgy man with greasy long hair who looked like he didn't wash his clothes in weeks attractive is beyond me."

Casually, Nara grabbed one of Kevin's fingers and proceeded to bend it in a way that grew very painful, very quickly. His arm twisted awkwardly around from the pain and tried to shake himself free, but of course Nara was far stronger then he. "Nara! Lemme go!"

The rest of the band cracked up. So did the bartender. Even Nara managed a small smirk. "You know better then to make fun of me with limbs nearby."

She let him go and the drummer fanned his hand to stop the throbbing in his finger. "I need that ya know!"

"You're such a baby. I didn't break it."

Kevin looked towards his fellow bandmates for any help. All he received were snickers and he hunched over the bar in defeat, "You all hate me."

Jonas Bellinger
Jun 17th, 2006, 05:00:27 PM
Jonas smirked as the burger came in, all juicy and savory. He took a huge bite, washing it down with the Bud, and swallowing his food. He had heard the whispers, even among the background noise. He smiled. The kids had it all wrong. And Jonas spoke to the Russian Silver Fang.

"Actually, my silver-tongued friend, this is the perfect place to have a conversation that shouldn't be overheard. Too much noise. Makes monitoring difficult. Which is even better with your friend there."

He felt the Russian tense up, and Jonas gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Don't be ashamed, big guy. You're being open, and that's the problem with your tribe. They ain't open. And that's why incest and weakness has spread. If you become more open, you can change, instead of stagnate. It's like new water in the pond. If you keep the same water in there, it will putrefy and kill the life, leaving only death. And we all know that death is good, but only in good, healthy doses, right?"

Alexei Tvarivich
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:09:46 PM
D'jin growled at the older Garou, the side of his mouth opening to reveal his teeth, an action that was far more animal then D'jin preferred. Too much time spent as a wolf had it's draw backs; such as you started acting like an animal even in your homid form. D'jin needed to spent more time on two legs then four, otherwise he'd turn into a wild animal like most of the Silver Fangs.

"Don't speak of my tribe, you don't deserve the honor and such negative comments demand that I remove your head from your dirty shoulders. Pity I do not have to the time to do so," He said angrily before turning back to Thom, "I don't like the idea of discussing Garou matters in a packed building, I fear the chance of discovery is far too great. But I am... inexperienced in such matters. So let us go with your suggestion, but I warn you. If we are discovered then I am holding you accountable for it."

Jonas Bellinger
Jun 24th, 2006, 10:49:16 AM
Jonas smiles.

"First off, no need for idle threats or name-calling. Then again, I should expect that from a pup like yourself, thinking yourself on the top of the world because of who you are. In truth, you are delusional, having no real power over the other Garou. Do not feel bad, though. After all, it was quite a rude awakening when I found out the same thing: that I was but a small pup in a larger world, with bigger players than myself playing the same game. So I got an idea: make myself useful to the bigger players. And thus, I do what I do best: gathering info. Oh, and I've had bigger dogs threaten me with a growl. And the dirt? One day you may actually get your claws dirty and find just where you are useful. For example, if we are discovered, might I suggest finding and either killing or finding another way to ensure the silence of the perpetrator. Sometimes killing isn't the only way. Silencing them would be where you would be useful."

Jonas takes another bite of his huge burger, and takes a swallow of Bud immediately behind the bite, ending in a large gulp.

Thomas Vez
Jun 28th, 2006, 11:22:48 PM
Thom rolled his eyes. As if being stuck with D'jin wasn't bad enough, now he had a preachy Bone Gnawer. He grabbed his Silver Fang friend and pushed his way through the crowd towards the table where Nara and her bandmates sat. He raised his glass up to his lips, draining the last few drops of alcohol before clearing his throat.

Nara McKenna
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:56:56 PM
Vicki and Ethan exchanged amused glances as the possible Metis dragged his friend towards the other end of the bar where the entire band were sitting. Nara looked up casually through narrow slits, taking both of the men in turn. She sniffed the air when they were close enough to get their specific scent and chuckled. They were both Garou.

"What can I do for my mischievous cousins this evening?" The one Garou looked like a fish out of water. The poor fellow stuck out like a sore thumb, more so then his Metis companion. The way he stiffly walked, the expensive cologne, and his wide eyes full of displeasure ... Definitely not a city pup.

Jonas Bellinger
Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:58:38 PM
Jonas watched as the Metis walked away, dragging the Rusky Silver Fang. No loss for Jonas. After all, it wasn't he who needed them. They would need him. One of his old Stargazer buddies foresaw it. And after being trained and drug into society by one, Jonas took the information that the Stargazers gave him to heart. It worked one too many times......

They would be back. Jonas knew this. They would be back....

Alexei Tvarivich
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:08:47 PM
He was not comfortable with all this...

"Just out for drinks and information," He answered the female, who appeared to be the leader of the group, "My name is D'jin and this fine... fellow here with me is Thomas. I have been trying to solve a local mystery and Thom thought we might be able to find someone here who knows. Which brings us to the mystery; The Portland Silverfangs camp has all but disapeared. Do any of you have any idea what happened to the camp?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:10:53 AM
The jovial band grew quiet, even Kevin, and focused on the drinks before them. Nara let out an unpleasant sigh through her nose and looked away. The Fang wasn't going to like this news. "Yeah, I heard 'bout that."

The Pure Blood didn't need it sugar coated and Nara wasn't one to be all empathetic and wishy washy. She just right out told him the truth. "I'm sorry but ... I got wind that the camp was wiped out. I don't know by who but the streets are leaning towards Hunters."

With all the tid bits of information that have been passed to her by Garou and Kin alike, it was what she could piece together. Nothing specific could be found even with her digging. She was more accommodating then most Black Furies in relation to other tribes, but that didn't mean other Garou were going to be forthcoming with information. Plus, she got a sense that her cousins were afraid of what happened to the Fangs and hoping that they weren't next.

Introductions were cast aside because the news was grave and she let the bad news sink in for D'jin. Not a Silver Fang herself, Nara still felt the pang of loosing the Garou. They were still Werewolves, fighting for the honor of Gaia and this world.

Alexei Tvarivich
Sep 28th, 2006, 02:02:49 PM
Alexei simply looked ahead, his eyes glassing over and his mind wandering so somewhere else. The Garou were dead, all of them. Who could slaughter a camp of Silverfangs? Silverfangs were the largest and strongest of all Garou. Not the brightest or the smartest, but in an all out melee a Silverfang always comes out on top. There was only one weapon a Hunter could use to even those odds: Silver. His eyes sharpened and he returned his gaze to Nara, "And you have no clue who has done this? Any ideas at all? Any leads, any rumors, and whispers? I must know who has done this..." So I can kill them...