PDA

View Full Version : Garou Discussion/Story Ideas thread

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2006, 03:35:26 PM
Because I am lazy and hate switching around through 4 accounts to read PMs ^_^;

It's already (basically) been decided that the Garou and Vampire storylines will remain (mostly) seperate from each other, since they're like water and oil. I've talked to Kyle and Daley about some ideas for a starting thread, but if anyone has any ideas on what would bring our Garou together, let's hear them. :)

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 31st, 2006, 08:32:43 PM
well we could always band together and go beat on some nasty vamp NPC's...

Or... we could do something with Pentex. They are an evil organization who's goal is to bring about the Wyrm's plans. Maybe we can crash one of their labs and find this plot! And we go stop them... or something ^_^;

Asztrik
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:11:22 AM
Well, I changed my tribe to Glasswalker, the Urban Primitive camp (yay-yay!). [/FYI]

Right now I'm doing a thread with D'jin (Read your PMs, plz!) - I'm not sure if it's open to all the Garou, but it easily could be. D'jin is searching for a "lost" camp of Silver Fang, asking around about them. I don't see why we can't get a group out looking for them.

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 2nd, 2006, 01:25:23 PM
Yes, my thread is now open to all Garou that wish to join in. The goal of my thread is to locate the Silver Fangs encampment in the State of Oregon, but unknown to D'jin is that the camp has been wiped out and its members either killed or fled. So the thread is basicaly cover him poking around for them and possibly either running into a pocket of Werewolf hunters or some vampires, I havn't decided which yet.

So, any wofls are welcome to join in.

Asztrik
Apr 2nd, 2006, 01:54:53 PM
Maybe Pentex could be behind the whole thing?

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:01:35 PM
Which is definately their MO ^^

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:01:42 PM
Forgive me, but what exactly is Pentex? I've tried looking it up and have not found anything solid. Could you, by chance, enlighten me on the subject?

Asztrik
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:05:54 PM
Pentex is a shadow corporation with its fingers is every pie it can think of. It taints everything it touches, all beneath a veneer of 'business as usual'. Oil spills are just a 'part of business' not part of a master plan to corrupt the world. Violent video games and movies are there just to satisfy the demands of customers, not to corrupt the hearts and minds of the young. Pharamceuticals with soul crushing side effects are hailed as miracle cures. Pentex has one purpose: bring on the Apocalypse and then step in as the savior, to be church and corporation all in one.

That's from the Wiki - they're servants of the Wyrm, so they = verra bad for the Garou.

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:16:06 PM
Ah, ok. Makes sense. Although I can't really see how Pentex could have shattered the Silver Fang camp unless they possess a lot of armed forces or monsters. By the sound of it I don't think the Fomori, that is if Pentex has control over them, could actually destroy the camp. Is pentex allied with the Vampires?

Originally I was thinking of using my made up Supernatural hunters, as in they hunt supernatural beings; Wofls, vamps, est. The group is know as the Silver Hand and it currently being slowly developed in the Chicago Vamp Thread.

Asztrik
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:22:43 PM
Daley knows a lot more about Pentex then I do, but they do have the Black Spiral Dancers on their side, and they'd be able to destroy an unsuspecting camp (I think).

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:28:34 PM
Well, if they have the Spiral Dancers then I would suspect they could take out the Silver Fang camp in Oregon because it is quite small and not very powerful. Plus their american silver fangs and not nearly as grand and powerful as us ruskies.

Nara McKenna
Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:25:30 PM
Pentex is nasty. Not only do they have Black Spiral Dancers, but mutated humans touched by the Wyrm called Fomor or Fomori (plural)... who have rather disgusting and powerful abilities depending on what the Wyrm brings out in them. Also, the have humans with serious high tech killing goodies to take down the Werewolves or vamps if they get in their way.

The Elite Special Forces of Pentex are called First Teams. Trust me... they could take down any group of Garou that were unsuspecting of their attack... ^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentex

more info!

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:43:18 PM
I love how Pentex have a "grocery and retail chain", haha.

Crowley isn't a Garou, but Corax and wofls get along, so if anyone would like him to tag along, he'd be more than glad. He's all for snooping out the dirty secrets of people like Pentex. We can be a crime-fighting team :p

Fiona Devlin
Apr 3rd, 2006, 05:01:58 PM
Fiona is more inclined to take sides with the Garou then the Kindred in certain matters. She loathes Pentex and what it represents, and is vigillant about advising the Camarilla to keep it's influence out of Chicago. In the past, she's fought with the Fianna Tribe against Black Spiral Dancers who were allied with the Unseelie Court, and once (Unknown to the Camarilla :D) assisted a pack of Black Furies in the raid and destruction of a Tremere Chantry.

(hint, hint, Sissy. In our current thread. you could work this in as an angle if Crowley is going) ;)

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 3rd, 2006, 05:59:54 PM
Vega: feel free to bring Crowley in, and you too Fiona. It'd be fun to get us a fighting force to take down a few pentex operatives.

Thomas Vez
Apr 4th, 2006, 02:18:05 AM
Crowley could be at the Urban Primitives camp, and we could go from there? [/Mandy/Asztrik]

After they leave to go after Pentex, they can pick up Nara along the way?

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2006, 02:45:38 AM
I made a Children of Gaia account, who is obv. into the whole conservation thing big time. I have an idea for a way to lead into the Pentex thing. Basically, this is it:

There have been a number of brutal attacks on humans around some coastal area. They look as if they have been mauled - though not by a dog. The bite marks on their bodies resemble those that would be given by sharks! See, the thing is, these people haven't been down to the beach in a long time, let alone in the sea, so what's the deal?

Turns out a bunch of Rokea have set up camp near the beach, after being turfed out of their home by a Pentex toxic dump. Some of the more strong-headed members of the shoal have decided to take it out on the local population, in the hopes that the message might get through, but there are still some among them who remain level-headed. They will tip the characters off to the location of the dump.

Ardus Enterprises, Pentex's "environmental clean-up" department, are the ones responsible.

I don't know, what do you think?

Keeva
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:32:40 AM
:: pads in ::

Here's my Bastet (who was originally my Immie back on the old board), but I think she really works better as a were-meow. :cat I'm looking through the Bastet sourcebook to decide which tribe she is.

Also, I really have no good rationale for Fiona to leave Chicago.

Mandy with an I
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:35:55 AM
I thought we were trying to fit into D'jins' thread? o_O

If we can somehow link the two incidents - the weresharks losing their home, and the Fangs disappearing - and have the characters all be going after Pentex, then we'd be golden.

I like the idea of the whole toxic-dump thing, but I'd like to be able to work it out so I can continue the thread I'm already in. Maybe have one group going after the Fangs (Djin, Asztrik, someone else?) and another delving into the Shark incidents, then have them meet up at Pentex/the waste dump?

I have two glasswalkers that can be in the "Many Meetings" thread - Asztrik and Thomas Vez. Plus D'jin.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:42:19 AM
Okay. I guess we could have both plots running in seperate threads, then have them meet up eventually.

Well, does anyone want to tag along for the shark thing? I can chip Crowley and Penelope (Children of Gaia) into that.

Mandy with an I
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:46:08 AM
That's the best idea I could come with, if we're both going to eventually go after the same thing (Pentex). ^_^;

Even if the threads are seperate to start, maybe have some of the characters meet up later - I know threads with loads of people posting are notorious for dying/being a pain in the *bottom*. :x

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:30:26 PM
I can be wherever you need me. Nara actually has a band she tours the country with so can be anywhere!

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:18:02 PM
Yeah, all these ideas are good. Yes I agree that we should do two seperate threads and then, those that still want to, can all team up together and throw Pentex out of town, or whats left of them after we bite their heads off.

The "Many Meetings" thread is open if anyone wants to jump in.

Bandage
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:20:03 PM
Hmmm, "oil and water...." Good phrase, though my character is having no real difficulty dabbling in the vamp's world as well. But if anyone would like, I can fit Jonas in somehow. After all, he is something of an informant on various things.......and could dig up some info, if asked to.....and if the price is right.....Though most likely, the Garou will be loath to work with Jonas, being that he works with anyone, including Kindred.

Or you could just work on the separate tribes clashing, as they are quite prone to in Garou un-civilization. But the Pentex idea is gold....I completely forgot about the whole Pentex front for the Wyrm thing.....

Alexei Tvarivich
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:23:22 PM
I've been trying to put together a biography for D'jin but I keep getting stuck at one place; Gifts. I look all your guys' bios and your got a nice list of gifts/skills in there and what I'm wondering is where are you finding this skills? I've searched around a bit but I can't find a website with a list of Garou skills and explanations of those skills. Sometimes I can find a site that has a list of skills but no defination of them. So, does anyone know of any handy websites?

Mandy with an I
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:49:14 AM
I got mine from the PDF of the players guide :-/ I'd send it to you, but it would take my ancient computer two hours to send it all.

Crowley
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:24:20 AM
D'jin - catch me on AIM some time and I'll give you a hand.

Screen-name is LordVanDerveld.