PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Saturday Afternoon (COMPLETE)

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:03:18 PM
:: Fiona attacked the heavy bag with a flurry of leopard punches and whipping kicks from various angles while Michele ran on the treadmill. Finishing one more quick combination, she reached for her water and sat to cool down ::

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:07:42 PM
The flurry of Fiona's punches were drowned out by Mozart coming through my headset. It was the only music I was listening to lately because I needed to have that piece engrained in my brain as if I wrote it myself. I was supposed to be relaxing and I was, kinda. Working out usually set my mind at ease and I always listened to music while doing so. Just, Fiona didn't have to know what I was listening to.

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:20:14 PM
:: She watched Michele briefly as she took another chug from the water, then walked to the center of the home gym and began a kung fu form. Tiger & Crane ::

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:28:45 PM
I barely heard the beep of the treadmill warning me that I was done. The machine began to crawl to a stop to ease my heart rate back down to a reasonable beat. I had spaghetti legs but I felt better.

Stretching, I grabbed some water and took off my earpieces, noticing that Fiona had moved onto the mats. I stare, well really ogling, as she went through her kata. It was poetry in motion. Her limbs were one fluid force moving in the air. The routine gave notice to the power and strength hidden inside her small frame. I envied her power and balance, but I also didn't have centuries to perfect it. I'm only nineteen and have no need to fight. I hate it actually...

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:35:40 PM
:: Fiona noticed the oogling as she was nearly finished, and her dimples gave away her amusement in spite of her focus to complete the form ::

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:40:39 PM
Busted. I had to laugh and grabbed a towel to wipe the perspiration off my face before finishing the last of my water. Fiona's concentration was a little off but she was still focused on finishing her routine, so I let her be as I went to the fridge and stole some more water.

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:44:07 PM
:: She finished and freed her hair of the ponytail she wore as she walked over to Michele ::

"So, where would you like to go for lunch today?"

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:46:41 PM
"Uh...." I shrug, "No clue. Why don't we stay here today?"

I was a homebody and Fiona was still trying to break me of it. She was always wanting to go out and do whatever caught her fancy. Me? I like being at home, practicing my music, studying for my class and reading for pleasure.

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:03:58 PM
:: She laced her arms around Michele's waist, pressing their bellies together as she stole a kiss ::

"Whatever you want, but I do have a present for you, later on."

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:10:49 PM
"Fiona..." I sigh and escape her embrace playfully. "I've told you I don't need anything. Even today."

I move behind her and lace my fingers around her waist, kissing her neck lightly. "You're all I need."

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:19:23 PM
:: She leaned her head back against Michele's shoulder, giving a trill as she melted into the embrace ::

"Mmmmmmmmmm .... still, you're going to love it."

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:26:48 PM
Her insistence wasn't surprising. It was our one-year anniversary after all. There was no way I could talk my way outta gift and knowing her, it was something extravagant. As for my gift, ugh. I can't afford anything. Everything I have is because of Fiona and trying to find something she didn't have was next to impossible. Mainly because I couldn't afford the ancient artifacts she would want.

I had to do something simple to express my love for her. I hope she likes it.

"You're not going to let me off the hook then are you?" I kiss her cheek in surrender. "Then let's go out, but you pick the place."

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 02:09:13 PM
"Splendid! I know the perfect place (http://www.psbangkok.com/psbangkok/index2.html)!"

:: She gave Michelle another kiss, then wiggled herself free and scampered happily to the shower ::

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 02:13:17 PM
I scrunched my nose, worried. Fiona was too happy. That meant we were going to someplace new and spicy. My tongue's gonna get a workout and not in the most pleasant of manners.

I shower too and afterwards I'm in our bedroom with only a towel on, trying to figure out what to wear.

"Hey. Is this formal, casual, or business causal where we're going?" I call out to Fiona who is still doing up her hair in the bathroom.

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 02:39:51 PM
"Casual." she replied, still naked from the waist down as she walked into the bedroom to get some clothes.

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 02:44:05 PM
Good, casual is more my speed when we go out. Putting on a nice pair of slacks and a sweater is much easier then that whole dress thing. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal and if I have to spend more then five minutes getting ready to go out, I freak.

I choose a pair of fine black pants and a off white blouse with a simple pale blue and beige floral pattern on it. My hair's a snap. A little mouse to get the hair outta my face and I'm golden.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 1st, 2006, 03:55:01 PM
:: Fiona admired her a moment before slipping into a pair of jeans ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 1st, 2006, 04:05:44 PM
I finish straightening out my bangs and move my head side to side so I could check out the finished product.

Yeah. I look good and from the peek I saw from Fiona, she approved too. "You almost ready?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:24:32 PM
:: She put on a simple silk blouse and then reached for her boots as she sat at the foot of the bed ::

"Almost."

:: She bowed her head down, trying to hide the smile on her face ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:30:06 PM
"Cool." I slip on my black shoes and wait patiently at the bedroom door for her to finish.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:32:25 PM
:: She tosses Michele the keys and stops in front of the mirror once more to play with her hair ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:34:48 PM
I catch them with one hand and look at them funny. I never drive us anywhere. I always take the buss or the train.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:38:09 PM
:: Fiona paused from her preening at laughed ::

"Oh come on ... you know you want to."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:44:04 PM
"Oh no..." I hold them out as if they were some filthy object, wanting Fiona to take them back. "I don't want to be responsible if something happens."

Sure, I want to drive her really expensive, cool looking sports car downtown where everyone stares at me, jealous as to what I have and they don't. Everyone has their selfish side but I'd rather keep it tucked away. I know what it's like to have nothing and as much fun as it would be race down the Eisenhower at 80+ mph ... I'd rather pass.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 3rd, 2006, 02:25:01 PM
"I trust you ..."

:: Fiona reached out beyond Michele's hand to touch her face ::

"... and having a bit of fun isn't going to change who you are."

:: she flashed a pixie smile and pet Michele's cheek ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 3rd, 2006, 02:32:31 PM
My cheeks begin to burn and I drop the keys. It's like Fiona can read my mind eventhough I know that isn't possible. She's been able to do that before but this time, for whatever reason it freaked me out. Maybe it was the way she touched my cheek or the way she smiled so innocently at me, but my heart began to pound so wildly that I just kinda froze in place. Someone hit the pause button on my life just then.

Eventually I blink. Get back to my senses and leave, muttering that I'll meet her downstairs. I just hope I don't hurt her feelings. God I hate being acting so flighty!!!

Fiona Devlin
Apr 3rd, 2006, 05:36:04 PM
:: Fiona watched her bolt like a deer, then looked at the car keys. She knelt down and picked them up, then met up with her downstairs ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:23:19 PM
I was nervously nibbling on my index finger, rolling the flesh near the nail between my teeth, feeling like a fool.

Fiona eventually comes down about five minutes later, making sure I wasn't waiting for too long. I smile sheepishly and pretend everything's fine, eventhough it isn't. What a way to act on our one year anniversary.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:36:32 PM
:: Fiona unlocks the car and waits for Michele to get in before turning the key ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:38:44 PM
I take a deep breath. Hopefully Fiona wasn't angry. She hadn't said one word since coming down. With a shuffle in my gait, I get inside the car and buckle up quietly.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:41:33 PM
"I'm sorry, love."

:: the look on her face was a mix of sincerity and deep affection ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:45:37 PM
My head pops up confused. Huh? "What're you sorry for?"

I look at her like she's crazy. She has nothing to be sorry for. "You're just trying to help me. I just ... it's just so hard for me to accept so much still. Even after a year. I haven't gotten used to it."

I sound like a bumbling idiot.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 03:57:22 PM
:: Fiona touched Michelle's shoulder as she spoke ::

"I love you, Michele Hawkins."

:: She wiggled her nose like a rabbit and then focused on driving, a tiny smile upon her lips ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:05:20 PM
Heh. I smile. When she says my full name like that, I know everything's gonna be fine.

"Love you too."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:44:27 PM
:: Fiona sang cheerily in Irish-Gaelic on the way to the restaurant, then parked the car and followed Michelle inside ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:58:55 PM
We were greeted inside by a petite woman who was probably not much older then I was. The restaurant business was usually family operated so this was probably the owner's daughter, who knew Fiona well enough to call her by her last name.

"So nice to have you back Miss Devlin." She already had two menus in her hand and was ready to lead us towards the back of the restaurant. "Same table like always?"

I give Fiona a look that was a cross between idle curiosity and jealously, "Come here often?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:12:58 PM
:: Fiona put on her best innocent face ::

"Who me?"

:: she gave a wink then sat down at their table ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:17:15 PM
"Uh huh." I sat down grinning from ear to ear. Fiona knew I was playing with her. The waiter brought us some tea as I opened the menu.

My eyes crossed. What the hell is this stuff??? I can't read Thai!!!

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:28:51 PM
:: Fiona took the menu and flipped it over to the english side with a smirk. Then she ordered a few appetizers to the table for sharing. Crab rolls, Sa-Tay, and Steamed Dumplings. She sipped on her Thai Iced-Coffee as Michele studied the menu ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:34:57 PM
Well, I didn't want to look as if I was clueless so I glanced over the menu with puckered lips as the waiter took down Fiona's order. When the waiter looked at me expectantly, I put the menu down for him to see and pointed randomly at what I believed to be the entree section.

"I'll take that."

I pointed at Green Curry Soup.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:46:45 PM
:: Fiona's eyes widened as she cleared her throat and raised a hand ::

"No, no, no ... too hot."

:: She pointed at an item on the menu -

Eight Angels (E42) Fresh shrimp, squid, chicken, and cellophane noodles stir-fried with black mushrooms, carrots, bamboo, and scallions ::

"Try that instead."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:48:05 PM
I have to say, that did sound really good. My kinda dish. Fiona knows me too well.

"Sure." I fold the menu and hand it to the waiter before I lean over the table, holding my reddened face with a hand. "Okay, I almost made you choke. Just how hot is that soup anyway?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:02:58 PM
:: Fiona ordered the Golden Coconut Chicken and a Green Papaya Salad, then handed the menu to their waitress ::

"Very hot." she chuckled. "Stay away from the green curries, my chick."

:: She took another sip of her iced coffee and purred ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:14:24 PM
Well, I guess I'm grateful Fiona avoided a five-alarm fire in my mouth. That would have ended the night quickly.

I barely moved; entranced by her presence and think back to how we first met. I just got accepted into Northwestern with the full package. I didn't have to pay for anything but my hard work got me my scholarship and I didn't like having a free ride. So to appease my conscience I went looking for a job and found one. Fiona hired me the same day she interviewed me to be a waitress at the club.

Supposedly the reason she did that was because she had a good feeling about me. Okay, true as that statement is. I still have a sense there was more to it then us eventually dating.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 5th, 2006, 06:28:27 PM
:: The tray full of appetizers arrived and Fiona cheerfully invited Michele to sample each of them ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 5th, 2006, 06:33:55 PM
I munch on a crab roll and wonder what is going on in my girlfriend's pretty little head. "So," I swallow, "What's the plan after lunch?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 5th, 2006, 06:47:34 PM
"Well ..."

:: she paused to enjoy a bite of Sa-Tay ::

"... what would you like to do?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 5th, 2006, 06:51:54 PM
"Oh c'mon." This was a familiar dance. "You know I don't care what we do as long as I'm with you."

I smile sincerely. The line always sounded corny coming outta my mouth but I meant every word.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:01:48 PM
"We do have a bit of time to kill, before the show. How about Millenium Park?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:03:33 PM
"Yeah, I like that idea."

Then I did a double take. "Show?" My head wiggles back in confusion. "What show?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:12:48 PM
:: Fiona reached into her jacket pocket and slid the tickets across the table for Michele to see. She nibbled on her green papaya salad, trying not to get too tickled at the look on Michele's face ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:21:52 PM
I pick up the tickets and my eyes boggle.

"The Gathering???"

One of my favorite bands, they mostly tour Europe. I heard they were coming to the States and it's rare that they do. I've been too busy with school to consider seeing anyone in concert so I fell outta the loop. But the Gathering here??? On our anniversary???

My mouth is hanging open, drooling from the surprise. "I can't believe it?!"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:38:46 PM
"You put up such a fuss about them a few months back, then I caught word of them at the Succubus Club."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:40:34 PM
I slip my foot around her calf and deliver a devious smile, "Remind me to properly thank you later for this."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:15:50 PM
"Aye." she smiled. "I will."

:: The food arrived, fragrant & delicious with eastern spices. Fiona had also ordered tea to accompany their meal ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:28:07 PM
We ate our lunch leisurely, enjoying each other's company and catching up with one another. Last few days have been busy, mainly for me. Late practices occupied most of my time now a days and the weekends I was a hermit, locking myself in the bedroom studying. Only peeking my head out for food like a squirrel. Fiona knows to leave me alone during that time. I get grumpy really easily if I am disturbed.

It was 1:39pm when we walked outta the Thai place. I pulled her close and gave her the softest of kisses, running my fingers through her long locks.

What can I say? I was feeling mushy.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:49:57 PM
:: Fiona gave herself over to the embrace and paused for tiny kisses as she spoke ::

"Did you still want to go to the park, or would you rather take me home for awhile?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:53:45 PM
I wrap my arm around her shoulders and lead us towards the 'Stang. "Nah." I laugh. "I can wait until tonight. The park's a great idea and it's gorgeous out. Be a sin not to enjoy it."

It was a crisp Chicago day where things were slowly evolving into Spring. Temperature was a seasonal 43 degrees and not one cloud was reared it's ugly head in the sky.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:11:51 PM
:: Fiona jingled the car keys, grinning as she tried to hold them up out of Michele's reach like a cat toy ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:27:05 PM
I was still on a high and feeding off of Fiona's playfulness. So, I roll my eyes and snatch the keys easily. I'm an inch taller then her so really hard to get something outta reach from me.

"Dork." I mutter and triumphantly stride to the 'Stang. I'm feeling much better then a few hours ago. Lunch really lightened my mood and I can see how stupid I was acting. I was the 'dork' then.

The engine kicks over, roaring loudly before dying down to a purr. I push against the driver's seat with my eyes close and take a deep breath as Fiona hopped in. When I heard the door shut, I slipped the car into gear and opened my eyes, making sure we were clear. Then I pulled out super slow since the jerk in front of us had to park on our bumper.

I knew Fiona was giggling quietly at my expense but I didn't want the car to get scratched!!! Anyway, things were a lot smoother once I got us on the street. And as the miles clicked away, I grew more comfortable until we made it to the park.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:43:16 PM
:: Time moved quickly as they wandered about Millenium Park, and the sun was setting as they made their way to the Succubus Club. Fiona leaned back in the passenger seat and enjoyed the ride ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:58:13 PM
We're cruising down the freeway at 75mph on our way to the Succubus Club. I've grown so relaxed now with driving the 'Stang that Fiona was giddy that I asked her if I could take us to the concert.

A flash of lights caught my attention in the rear view mirror and I spot an idiot with a death wish zig zagging between lanes. I groan. How is 75mph not fast enough for some people? And if I don't get outta this jerk's way, he's gonna be riding up onto my bumper.

I signal that I'm changing lanes and pull to the right. A tactic I've learned today when driving on the freeway. Allow ample space for stupidity to pass you up. Sigh. Why's everyone in such a big hurry? Life's too short to let it pass you on by.

Silas Balan
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:13:58 PM
:: Balan pulls up in the freshly stolen Dodge Viper and smiles, just before turning sharp right into them ::

Fiona Devlin
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:19:16 PM
:: Fiona's eyes widened as she sensed him, then saw his face as she cried out ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:25:05 PM
"What the -" I couldn't finish my sentence because I screamed, loosing control of the car. I'm not that good of a driver. Hell, I waited to get my liscence after my driving permit expired so the sideswipe easily caused me to panic. I hear the sounds of horns as we swerve in and out of the middle lane. I try desperately to ease the car straight again but I can see outta the corner of my eye that Viper coming in for a second hit.

"FIONA???" I don't know what to do. My heart is beating like crazy and my eyes are bulging out from terror. I don't know what to do!!!

Fiona Devlin
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:29:22 PM
:: All Fiona could do was scream as Balan plowed into them again, wedging the cars together as they accelerated. He was laughing ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:39:41 PM
My arms were so stiff with fear. I was frantically looking for an out. An off ramp, a truck to hide behind, ANYTHING!!!

The Viper slammed into us once more with tremendous force. My head whipped back and forth, bouncing off the headrest. When my daze cleared, I screamed. We were accelerating quickly towards a royal blue Dodge Ram.

I grip Fiona's hand tightly and cry out her name before the impact. Everything that happened next is a blur, but I'm sure the Viper hit us from behind again. The force caused up to jump the back end of the truck.

The last thing on my mind was Fiona and if she's gonna be all right. Which is really stupid. Of course she would be. She can't die from a car crash. Me on the other hand? Yeah. But my mortality wasn't what I was thinking about when I blacked out. Only Fiona. My life. My love.