PDA

View Full Version : Interplay - Dancing on the banks of Packet Creek

Mu Satach
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:10:33 PM
I'm a camera operator for an experimental art performance that's taking place this weekend. I'm filming a mother daughter modern dance team as they descend, ascend and descend a stairwell.

http://www.anotherlanguage.org/interplay/packetcreek

6 cities (University of Alaska Fairbanks, Boston University, University of Maryland, Purdue University, and Ryerson University-Toronto, Ontario Canada) are having simultaneous performances (music, dance, sculpture, etc.) and webcasting their streams to a central point here in UT, where they are going to be mixed, digitally altered by the director and then streamed out to the globe.

It's kind of cool, the music the dancers I'm filming are dancing to is being played by musicians in Alaska and then Perdue. Or vice versa, I'm not sure who starts first as I'm concentrating on them through the camera while going up and down the stairwell backwards... >=}

Performaces are
Friday, 7:00 PM MST
Saturday, 7:00 PM MST
Sunday, 4:00 PM MDT (I think the time changes, but I'm not sure?)

Y'all are invited to take a peek... the online stream will become active approx. 15 min. before the performance starts. You won't see me, but I've planned it that way. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2006, 09:56:58 AM
Well, if we won't see YOU what's the point? ;)

I have to be honest, it sounds a bit bizarre to me. :uhoh

Mu Satach
Mar 31st, 2006, 06:39:28 PM
It is... looks very cool in on the walls here where they flip and mix the images.

About 10 min or so into the performance, if you are watching, there should be a blond woman and a little girl in black dancing... that's what I'm filming.

Afterwards, I get to run the camera during a question and answer portion.

1 hour 20 min. to showtime. :)

I must say the muscles on my legs and shoulders have improved a bit during the two weeks of rehearsals.