PDA

View Full Version : Do you roleplay outside of SWfans?

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 25th, 2006, 05:16:53 PM
...or outside of the internet, for that matter?

Since we're branching out a little with the General Roleplaying forum, I am reminded that some people here also engage in tabletop roleplaying or LARP. Which games do you play? How long did you play for, and do you continue to play to this day? How do you feel these games compare to online post-by-post roleplay?

Alternately, are you active in any other online roleplay communities that do not focus on the Star Wars universe? How do they compare?

Share some stories :) So far I haven't taken part in an tabletop RPing, but I've just become aware that there is a gaming/roleplay society at my university, so I've sent the current president an email in the hopes that they are still active and doing something I might enjoy being part of. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see how it all works.

Byl Laprovik
Mar 25th, 2006, 07:32:15 PM
Nope. This is about the only place I RP. I table-topped once in a game of D&D. It was interesting but I didn't see it as something I could do on a regular basis.

Ezra Khaine
Mar 25th, 2006, 07:46:34 PM
I RP on BladesEdge (http://forums.bladesedge.net/index.php?act=idx) a lot these days, perhaps more then I do on SWfans. I've never played a table top game in my life.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 25th, 2006, 08:38:43 PM
I'm playing tabletop Vampire:TM on Fridays with some friends.

Honestly I am going to find something else to do on Fridays ASAP.

Karl Valten
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:25:49 PM
I occasionally GM for d20 Star Wars with my friends. I also play Warhammer, 40k and Fantasy, once in a blue moon.

Jonas Bellinger
Mar 26th, 2006, 01:14:12 AM
I personally have DMed and played Dungeons and Dragons version 3.5, and am working on getting everything ready for the D20 Modern roleplaying game, on Saturdays usually. Though I may get a chance to play New WoD with some buds of mine. For those of you that know him, Verse is the GM.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 26th, 2006, 01:13:56 PM
I am a DM and have had a running campaign for the past three years. With regards to college, I've just started to meet people I think would be interesting to DnD with. As such, I am creating an off shoot of that particular world to engage these new individuals in.

I've created a total of 2 D20 games and 3 DnD games (unique campaign settings for all of them, custom character sheets, sketches of items, descriptions of items, maps, back stories, etc).

For me, DnD has always been a great way to experience a story. On top of that, it gives me an amazing chance to take future ideas for video games and bounce them off actual people without a drop of code.

Also, I have taken part in several campaigns with various Dungeon Masters. It's a good way to learn to really get into a character and explore elements one would never normally think of.

Yurza Magus
Mar 26th, 2006, 06:10:15 PM
Though I've always wanted to try a tabletop, there just aren't enough people that I know that are interested and a majority of those people I do know live on the east coat while I'm over on the west.

I have however gone to other boards not based on Star Wars. My last one was mainly a group of friends of mine and the idea was stemmed from X-men, only none of those characters and the whole mutant racism wasn't an issue.

Tarsis
Mar 28th, 2006, 11:13:49 AM
I am a frequent D&D player and DM as well as a player for the D20 Star Wars table top. The only other place I role-play online would be Gaiaonline (www.gaiaonline.com) and the only reason I rp there is because I’ve got a bunch of friends there and we rp nothing but X-Men. It's great, lol