PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay Idea

Trevor D'ran
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:11:19 PM
I've been wanting to try out a roleplaying theme for awhile and have decided to put an idea out there and see if anyone would be interested.

I'd like to put together an rp that takes place in the present or not to distant future, but set in a differentl universe with few changes, about local cops getting involved with a federal investigation that leads to an uncovering of a conspiracy to overthrow the goverment.

Changes:
1) There are empaths helping police solve crimes. Someone being able to sense emotions and get glimpses of ideas.

2) There is no longer just different countries with their own goverments. Instead, this Earth has taken the United Nations to the next level and it has become the planet's only goverment. It is purely democratic, but as we all know it is the aristocrats that push things they want. However most laws are for the common people.

3) The head of the United Nation does not rest upon one person. Instead it is run by three figureheads, a Triumvirate is the correct term I believe. Each having a term of six years and one is rotated out every two years.

The plot:
While investigating an attempted murder, local authorities find evidence of a plot, by a well known terrorist group, to place a person in the Triumvirate. Once there the group would then attempt an assassination of the other two members. Once they were out of the way, the remaining one would gain emergency powers, much akin to those given to Palpatine.

However the group finds out that the police know and now are stopping at nothing to stop them from trying to stop the plan before the election which is only six months away.

Needed:
Ideas and critiques and most of all people who would enjoy doing something like this. Both sides are open. Try and save the goverment, or be one of the ones trying to overthrow it.