PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Convention in Indianapolis

Psychatog
Mar 24th, 2006, 09:34:47 PM
Does anyone know when the next Star Wars Convention in Indianapolis will be? I did some researching on the internet and it looks like they will either have another one in 3 years, or they won't have one at all. I was just curious if anyone knew any info on that.

Thanks in advance.

Psychatog

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2006, 10:28:48 PM
You mean like Star Wars Celebration? I was under the impression that those were only in response to the opening of a Star Wars movie.

Psychatog
Mar 24th, 2006, 10:46:07 PM
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I wasn't for sure if the celebrations were just for the openings of the movies, or if it was a yearly thing.

Do you know of any other conventions in Indianapolis that would be going on that doesn't have to do with the opening of a movie? Because if not, it looks like there will never be another convention for a very long time.

I was planning on going this year, and was looking forward to it....but it looks like I might have been too late.

Psychatog

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:34:37 PM
http://www.comicbookconventions.com/conventions.htm Comic Cons' calendar ? I see one for Indianapolis but it appears to be a pretty small deal.

JMK
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:44:30 PM
There's been rumblings of a Celebration 4, but I heard it will not be in Indy.

thx-1138stormfett
Apr 5th, 2006, 09:12:57 PM
where is celebration 4 to be held at?

JMK
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:36:55 AM
http://www.theforce.net/celebration/story/Another_Hint_At_Celebration_4_97201.asp

In a recent news post at Starwars.com the topic of Celebration 4 was brought up. Here's the line from that article...

"We look forward to bringing the same experience to our members with the two Star Wars television series in development, an anticipated Celebration IV event, next-generation Star Wars video games, special theatrical and DVD releases and whatever else the future has in store."

"...an anticipated Celebration IV event..."

The fact that this was even brought up on the official site pretty much confirms it for me. In the past Lucasfilm has been very tight lipped about all their projects until officially announced. This little quip is a very positive sign that things are coming together on their end in the planning stages.

Now all we need is an official announcement ( San Diego Comic Con? ) so we all know when and where to meet up for another great Star Wars Celebration!

There is no location decided upon yet, but the convention center in Indy is supposedly booked and not available.