PDA

View Full Version : I've died and gone to heaven

Wyl Staedtler
Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:03:13 PM
My friend from the Queen Charlotte Islands arrived here last night and guess what she brought?

Fresh, home-canned salmon + home smoked salmon. And she's Haida which means it's superbly done. It's the greatest thing ever. :love

Mu Satach
Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:53:06 PM
oh god I'm jealous now, home smoked salmon.... *drools*

I have an uncle in Wash. state that does that every so often, BUT NOT OFTEN ENOUGH FOR ME!

Natia Telcontar
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:06:10 PM
You are so lucky. I'm not a big salmon fan, but home smoked salmon is something completely different.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:07:50 PM
You're making me hungry. Stop.

I can't eat good food 'round here. All the people I know are bums and don't have money to go out and eat at nice places... and I don't like going alone.

So, I eat the horrible food that is on campus.

I only get a proper meal when I go home... :(

Mu Satach
Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:39:31 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
So, I eat the horrible food that is on campus.

I feel your pain! I'm starving right now and all I have to look forward to is either a bowl of campbells chicken soup or whatever crud is available at the campus c-store. *sniff*

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2006, 09:49:38 AM
I think there's a difference between being a poor college student and being a bum who doesn't like to eat at nice restaurants. ;)

Khendon Sevon
Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:22:30 AM
Unless they're poor college students that are bums and don't like to eat at nice restaurants 'cause they don't have money :)

I want grilled salmon on a hardroll with lemon-butter sauce now :(

Mu Satach
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:49:31 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
I want grilled salmon on a hardroll with lemon-butter sauce now :(

this thread is making me :cry

Natia Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:09:29 PM
I think we're lucky here. One of the college campuses, the one that I go to when I'm taking a college course, actually has a good cafateria. Mind you the food cooked is cooked by the cooking students and if you're lucky, you can get a full rack of ribs, mashed potatoes, and 2 different vegatables for about $6.00 Canadian.

Wyl Staedtler
Mar 24th, 2006, 01:03:18 AM
The best part is next week, when she goes back to Skidegate I'm going with her. The Japanese current runs through the Queen Charlottes and with the winds from Alaska I guess (and I'm not sure when) they had tons and tons of cockles and scallops wash up onto the shore. Her brother in law went out with buckets and scooped up pounds&pounds of 'em and froze them. Razor clams and her pantry is stocked full of salmon, tuna, cod, pickled fish. Ohmigosh, it's going to be fantastic.