PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars TV series

Yog
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:48:48 PM
Finally, George Lucas gave the green light for a 100 episode Star Wars TV series:

Star Wars fans, prepare to be thrilled.

The Force is getting a whole new lease of life in the shape of a brand new TV series.

Star Wars creator George Lucas has agreed to make 100 episodes, covering the years between prequel Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith and the first 1977 Star Wars movie.

Series producer Rick McCullum told the Daily Mirror: "We're very excited - we just got confirmation George Lucas has committed himself to writing the Star Wars TV series.

"I guess this is the news all fans have been waiting to hear."

But will any familiar faces be popping up in the TV shows?

None of the films' actors, from Ewan McGregor to Carrie Fisher, will be taking part. But Anthony Daniels, who played C3P0 will appear.

Rick added: "It will all be new because the originals will all be too old. But we will be using Anthony as C3PO because there is such a thing as loyalty."

George waited nearly 20 years before making the prequel films which star Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman.

In the last prequel we saw Anakin Skywalker go to the dark side to become Darth Vader and the TV series will concentrate on the rise of his evil empire.

What we can't tell you though is which side the series will be on...

Looks like there'll be another kind of war to decide that.

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1763134.html

JMK
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:59:42 PM
I read a couple things about the series today as well. McCallum in one article talked about maybe bringing in new bounty hunters. As long as they stay away from that dreadful idea of exploring Luke's youth on Tatooine I'm all ears.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 15th, 2006, 05:11:19 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they do the ries of the Empire without the use of any canon characters (I'm thinking the Emperor and other high-up Imps, mainly). I guess they will just get mentioned in passing, or show up on holofeeds here and there.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 15th, 2006, 05:28:45 PM
I'm not sure how excited I am that Uncle George is writing the series, but I'm really excited that it got greenlighted.

Please, PLEASE have it mean that he is going to write a timeline and let someone else write the scripts! *begs*

Park Kraken
Mar 15th, 2006, 06:27:34 PM
I would like to see incorporated into the TV series at some time or another: Moff Tarkin, Admiral Daala, Mara Jade as the Emporer's Hand, and Admiral Thrawn. I imagine there could be side stories as the series goes on depicting several scenes. One side story could be the destruction of Outbound Flight, another one just after that seeing where Admiral Voss Parck discovers Thrawn and brings him back to the Empire, a third sub-story could talk about Moff Tarkin's rise to Empire and the little love affair he has with Daala, a fourth one could talk about the Rebellion, the treaty of Corellia, maybe some of the Rebellion's first battles like the Ram's head mission and Operation: Strike Fear. The possibilities are a lot.

Darth McBain
Mar 15th, 2006, 09:07:07 PM
While I did enjoy some of the EU dealing with Thrawn and Mara Jade, I hope they don't foray too much into existing EU characters for this series. It'd be cool to see Vader hunting down some of the Jedi stragglers, maybe even brining in a new bounty hunter to help in that quest.

I think this could be pretty cool...

JMK
Mar 16th, 2006, 08:05:57 AM
Vader's not supposed to be in it, only C-3P0 (and I guess R2 as well) will be familiar characters. I wish Vader would be in it somewhat. That would be absolutely amazing, but ONLY if you could get James Earl Jones to do the voice.

And I hope they steer clear of the EU at all costs.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 16th, 2006, 08:08:30 AM
Perhaps although the original actors are not involved, some of their characters may make appearances, played by different actors? It wouldn't be hard to replace Vader - you just need someone tall, and someone to replicate the deep voice. Of course it wouldn't be as good as the original, but they could certainly pull it off. Especially if we didn't hear Vader, just saw him wreaking some havoc on the universe.

How long before the OT will this be taking place? Would it be unfeasible to have some canon characters (Tarkin, etc) played by younger, similar looking actors?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 16th, 2006, 09:08:15 AM
This could be anything, which is why it has me so nervous. But it could be an awesome political drama with bounty hunters caught in between. I have learned not to get my hopes up for such things.

JMK
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:06:18 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Perhaps although the original actors are not involved, some of their characters may make appearances, played by different actors? It wouldn't be hard to replace Vader - you just need someone tall, and someone to replicate the deep voice. Of course it wouldn't be as good as the original, but they could certainly pull it off. Especially if we didn't hear Vader, just saw him wreaking some havoc on the universe.

How long before the OT will this be taking place? Would it be unfeasible to have some canon characters (Tarkin, etc) played by younger, similar looking actors?

Here's what Rick McCallum said about the TV series:

"That’s not going to happen probably for another year and a half while we develop scripts and everything else. But it’s fantastic; we’ve got some incredible writers. It’s going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it’s going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They’ll be one-hour episodes. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. It’s going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off."

So no familiar characters except for the droids (Lucas filled that part in during a separate interview with a different magazine). And it takes place some time between ROTS and ANH, which is quite a big window. They can choose to deal with the Rise of the Empire, or the Rebellion gaining steam.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2006, 02:53:54 PM
But it’s fantastic; we’ve got some incredible writers. It’s going to be much darker, much more character-based

:crack

THERE IS A GOD!

Well, not that there was any doubt.

:uhoh

JMK
Mar 16th, 2006, 02:59:54 PM
I've learned to take whatever McCallum says with a boatload of salt. He takes blowing things out of proportion to a whole new level.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2006, 05:46:48 PM
*deflates*

:(

JMK
Mar 16th, 2006, 06:01:10 PM
Don't you remember his grand promises for everything related to the prequels? If they hand off the writing to others then it will be great.

Park Kraken
Mar 16th, 2006, 09:26:44 PM
All new characters to Star Wars or just to the movies?

JMK
Mar 16th, 2006, 09:33:41 PM
All I know is what I posted above. McCallum said all new characters. I take that to mean new characters - as in we've not seen them before, and frankly I prefer that. I'd rather see some stuff out of Lucas rather than bringing EU material to life.

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:08:39 PM
I hope they have more on Boba Fett.I feel that no one pays enough attention to the Mandalorian Clad bounty hunter.There could be so much opened through him.Oh well just my opinoin can i get an AMEN!?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:11:03 PM
You must be on some different internet that I am and played different computer games.

Darth McBain
Mar 24th, 2006, 04:30:05 PM
Originally posted by thx-1138stormfett
I feel that no one pays enough attention to the Mandalorian Clad bounty hunter.

Uh, you're kidding, right???

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:23:34 PM
If I was kidding would I waste the time to type it in.Think about it you got like two glimpses of him in the original trilogy are you kidding is the question.He is the supposed most feared bounty hunter, right?Well then i'd like to see him actually do something that would make me afraid of him more.And don't even get me started on jango he was one of the "best" too and he died so freaking quick.So seriously you gotta see where i'm comin from,RIGHT?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:30:51 PM
If they're not using any old characters, Boba Fett won't be in it. Unless they mean they're not going to use any of the old MAIN characters.

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:36:38 PM
Yeah thats true but I thought that maybe they would use the lesser used bounty hunter characters like boba instead of bringing all new in only.I would like it more if boba's story got told a little more.Maybe thats just me....

Darth McBain
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:38:38 PM
Originally posted by thx-1138stormfett
If I was kidding would I waste the time to type it in.Think about it you got like two glimpses of him in the original trilogy are you kidding is the question.He is the supposed most feared bounty hunter, right?Well then i'd like to see him actually do something that would make me afraid of him more.And don't even get me started on jango he was one of the "best" too and he died so freaking quick.So seriously you gotta see where i'm comin from,RIGHT?

There's a bit of a difference between "no one pays enough attention to him" and "you only get like two glimpses of him in the OT". Yes, you don't see him a whole lot in the movies, but that doesn't mean people don't pay attention to him. Far from it - he's one of the most popular characters out there - people go nuts over Boba Fett.

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:43:52 PM
Ok let me explain it to you more clearly....no one pays enough attention to him in the sense that he should be used to his full potential of popularity.There needs to be more.I thought that you'd see that from the start...my bad.

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:44:57 PM
Oh yeah and Boba fett is god don't forget that!!

Psychatog
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:52:25 PM
As I was reading these posts, I just had to add something.

The topic of "Boba Fett popularity" really seperates the "major Star Wars fans" from the "not so major Star Wars fans.

If someone was fairly new to Star Wars and decided to watch the movies, and saw Boba Fett in only a few scenes, they wouldn't think much of him, thus lowering his popularity in thier minds.

But to us major Star Wars fans, we take note of every character played in the movies and pay attention to the details.

The point of my post is....if you ask a person that's new to Star Wars questions about Skywalker, and then questions about Fett...which one do you think they will know more about?

That's just my 2 cents.

Psychatog

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 25th, 2006, 12:11:41 AM
Dude I one hundred % agree.And that was my entire point although in a slightly less clear kinda way.So I don't hear anyone talkin back to that one.Hmm......yeah....nothing at all.....

Morgan Evanar
Mar 25th, 2006, 08:44:08 PM
You know what? Stop trolling.

JMK
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:43:37 PM
No kidding. The fact is EVERYONE pays attention to Boba Fett. The fact that there's not much official info out there about him is what drives the interest in the character. If anything he's overrated and overhyped.

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:44:40 PM
What the crap does trolling mean?Do you have it out for me or something?What the heck?!Leave me the freak alone man.

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:46:42 PM
Originally posted by JMK
No kidding. The fact is EVERYONE pays attention to Boba Fett. The fact that there's not much official info out there about him is what drives the interest in the character. If anything he's overrated and overhyped.

I respectfully disagree. I just think that he should be seen more thats all lets end it.

Katarina Gordislava
Mar 26th, 2006, 02:51:57 AM
:) Double posting is frowned upon.

The fact that Boba / Jango Fett are in the Prequels at all is amazing - Boba Fett was an extremely minor character in the OT, and for Lucas to actually write him into the Prequels as a fairly pivotal character (the source of the Clone army) is nearly unprecedented.

Lady Vader
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:42:04 PM
I think I'll remain skeptical until seeing one of the episodes. While I have to admit, I did enjoy the prequels, I did notice they were blown a wee bit out of proportion in their media advertising and the like. Too much hype can sometimes be bad.

But I am excited to know they are making the episodes! Now I'm just wondering if they'll start airing next year, or if it'll be another 20 years before we see something (if this was stated above, my apologies... I didn't read through every post made.)

:)

JMK
Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:24:17 AM
This calls for a boycott:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Madonna_Signs_On_For_Live_Action_Television_Series _97771.asp

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:33:54 AM
Posted By Dustin on April 1, 2006

Hmmmmm.... :rolleyes :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:42:57 PM
Originally posted by JMK
This calls for a boycott:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Madonna_Signs_On_For_Live_Action_Television_Series _97771.asp

LOL nice April Fools Joke :)

JMK
Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:02:46 PM
:lol, good, I'm glad others caught on too!

That pic was SO fake it couldn't possibly been taken seriously.

Sanis Prent
Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:15:08 PM
QUICKER THAN A RAAAY OF LIIIIIGHT :lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:20:54 AM
Hey I have that album and I like that song :(

Sanis Prent
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:10:37 AM
Somehow, I knew you would ;)

Katarina Gordislava
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:32:11 AM
Originally posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy
Hey I have that album and I like that song :(

:uhoh me too

JMK
May 5th, 2006, 08:41:03 AM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=35849&type=0

McCallum also denied rumors that the new series would focus on members of the Skywalker family, but repeated that the show will take place in the timeframe between Episode III and IV. "All-new characters," he added. "That missing 20-year period when Luke is growing up. ... Think bounty hunter. That's all I can tell you. There's nobody else that you'll know [in it]. At the moment. You know, it's still [in] really, really early stages. He hasn't really sat down to think about which direction [he's going]."

Certainly Boba is not a new character so he's out. Could it be Aurra Sing? She's technically not new, but no one knows anything about her (EU doesn't count, sorry), there's plenty of space for Lucas to manoever with her (Well she didn't speak and no one knows about her...)

Vega Van-Derveld
May 5th, 2006, 10:04:53 AM
Aurra Sing was the first name that came to mind when I read that. It always seemed like they were going to make more of her.

Jedi Master Carr
May 5th, 2006, 10:12:14 AM
I still think Boba will pop up into the new series. Also I would take old Rick with a huge grain of salt the man says a lot of crap. I remember some of the things he said about the PT that turned out to be false.

JMK
Sep 15th, 2006, 06:54:37 AM
The newest rumor has Edward Furlong cast in the new Star Wars tv series

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Force_Might_Be_With_Edward_Furlong_100116.asp

I'm skeptical of it at this point, even if it came from his mouth. But I don't have an opinion either way of him. I guess I'd prefer not see him because I think he's a bit of a dork, but it could be worse.

Darth McBain
Sep 15th, 2006, 02:54:31 PM
Heh - ever since T2 I thought he was kinda dorky too, JMK - but that was 15 long years ago (sheesh, has it been that long?!?), hopefully he's gotten a bit better at acting since then. Anyway, like you said, it could be worse - I'll reserve judgement till I see a little more...

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 15th, 2006, 10:14:03 PM
Well that is from TVguideonline. Who knows Furlong could be trying to get a part and talking crap. We don't really know.

Rod Stafford
Sep 15th, 2006, 10:39:36 PM
Well, he was great in American History X.

Sanis Prent
Sep 16th, 2006, 06:28:25 PM
Yeah no kidding. Furlong is a well enough choice, and the dude has cut his teeth on some quality stuff, so its not a problem for me.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 16th, 2006, 09:59:56 PM
Well, he was great in American History X.

I cry every time I watch that movie :( Just like Leon, I can't ever bring myself to watch the ending.

JMK
Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:33:59 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458290/

Anyone hear about this?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 23rd, 2006, 05:53:13 PM
I am guessing that is the animated one that they mentioned that would come out first. I haven't heard much about it till now.

Darth McBain
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:39:02 PM
Just saw this on CNN...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/05/people.lucas.ap/index.html