PDA

View Full Version : Let's do some non-SW RPing!

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 14th, 2006, 06:35:23 AM
It was pointed out recently that our General Roleplaying forum (located HERE (http://sw-fans.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8)) isn't getting enough action, so I think it's about time we changed that. The idea behind the forum is to provide a place for you to roleplay outside of the realms of the SWFans universe. There's pretty much an endless list of possibilities for settings that you could roleplay in...

Marvel / X-Men: Be a superhero (or villain)! Have awesome powers and a snazzy lycra suit.
Harry Potter: Become a student at Hogwarts. Lead a life full of angst and mortal peril.
World of Darkness: Join the legions of the undeed, as a blood-sucking vampire or flea-bitten werewolf.
Fantasy: Strap on your sword and quiver. Elves and hobbits and ogres oh my.
Historical: Be anything from a Romam soldier or Greek God to a lowly peasant on the streets of plague-ridden London.
Sci-fi: Bored of Star Wars but still want jet-packs and cool laser swords? Make up your own futuristic world...
Star Trek: ...or just beam yourself into another reality on board the Starship whatever.
AND MANY MORE that I can't think of, but I'm sure you can!

As I say, there's not much you can't do. If you're interested in starting a story in any of these settings, or one of your own, bring it up here - either in this thread or the discussion forum itself. It would be impossible for us to set up rules and regulations for all of these settings, but as long as you follow common sense and fair play, it's all good! If you want, hammer out some guidelines in a discussion thread, explain to to people what you want from your story - whilst still leaving enough freedom for the game to be fun.

So- who's up for some fun? :)

Khendon Sevon
Mar 14th, 2006, 03:47:38 PM
Post-Alien-Invasion.

That's what I want to do.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:31:01 PM
Two things I'd like to have a go at reviving...

First, post-apocalyptic setting that Shabby created a while back. We had angels, demons, fairies, all sorts of weird things hanging out there. I wouldn't mind dusting off Father Fitzgeralds wings :cool The other is the Vampire the Masquerade RP I tried to start a while ago but neglected terribly.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:37:14 PM
Well I think everyone got frustrated with the wonky server :(

But yeah, I see no reason not to have some WoD fun.

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:45:01 PM
I be up for some WoD fun too

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 14th, 2006, 04:52:33 PM
yep, I think we're gonna make the jump.

Mandy with an I
Mar 15th, 2006, 01:25:14 AM
Shield/Cop drama, because like Charley, I am hooked on that show. :)

I'd love to do some psuedo-Noon-Welsh-junkie writing as well. I found a site with a <a href=http://www.bulletsofautumn.com/vurt-feather/unreality/vrolepg.html>blurb</a> about a Vurt Rpg (which apparently never got made?), which would be :cool. Even if we just took the basic idea (Surreal junkie future action) and twisted it around and made it our own.

Byl Laprovik
Mar 15th, 2006, 01:35:40 AM
It would be a creative exercise for me to RP in a cop world and stay within the decency guidelines of swfans. I don't think you quite fully understand how many dead hookers can fit in a trunk.

Mandy with an I
Mar 15th, 2006, 01:53:20 AM
Originally posted by Byl Laprovik
It would be a creative exercise for me to RP in a cop world and stay within the decency guidelines of swfans.

Consider it a challenge, Charles ;)

Most of my ideas for non-sw stories are not within the Fans guidelines, honestly. Which is why I don't post them. :(

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 15th, 2006, 08:42:12 AM
Originally posted by Mandy with an I
Consider it a challenge, Charles ;)

Most of my ideas for non-sw stories are not within the Fans guidelines, honestly. Which is why I don't post them. :(

me too :(

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 15th, 2006, 08:48:05 AM
Maybe we could propose that the General RPing forum be exempt from the PG-13 (or whatever) rule? If we put some kind of disclaimer in the description of the forum that threads may be of an adult nature, or maybe tag a disclaimer onto the beginning of risky threads?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 15th, 2006, 02:16:33 PM
Originally posted by Byl Laprovik
It would be a creative exercise for me to RP in a cop world and stay within the decency guidelines of swfans. I don't think you quite fully understand how many dead hookers can fit in a trunk. What kinda car are we talking about?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 15th, 2006, 02:51:48 PM
I think he's referring to midget hookers.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:30:33 PM
No no. You assume a hooker has an average height of 5' 4" and weighs about 110. You'd be amazed how many fit in a well engineered small car like a Honda Civic sedan.

Also, perhaps a thread tag that identified the "rating" of the thread?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:33:33 PM
Hey hey hey.

-points at topic tag-

Take this discussion to the appropriate midget hooker discussion forum.

:mneh

Mandy with an I
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:59:21 PM
A disclaimer in the forum description/actual forum + thread rating topic tags = :thumbup We can always write around the swear filters, I guess.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:23:12 PM
We're discussing this in the admin forum, Morg.

Jaime Tomahawk
Mar 15th, 2006, 05:34:42 PM
You can fit 5 dead hookers in the boot of a Cadillac CTS

Khendon Sevon
Mar 15th, 2006, 07:08:57 PM
Only 5? My bro has a CTS, I'm pretty sure you can fit more. Are we talking bodies intact?

Fixed from the Hijack:

I'd like to do some non-SW RP where we can explore such noire venues and thoughts. Eh, maybe not the exact above mentioned.

I am totally open for something involving demons and angels... leather, guns... etc.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 15th, 2006, 07:27:32 PM
Ok guys, enough with the hijack.

Sansa
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:47:45 AM
I'm all over the vampire roleplays - I tried to get into yours Jenny, but it sort of melted away.

And DP - *adore* I had the most fun ever with Wisteria the fairy!

Gabriel Rodermark
Mar 16th, 2006, 03:22:44 AM
I was playing the Prince of London over at AM. Want me to hop in and nibble on your neck, Sansa? :p

Sansa
Mar 16th, 2006, 09:10:57 AM
yes:D

Mandy with an I
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:33:13 PM
If people are going to do non-sw rping, could people post a thread of background info, please?

http://www.swunleashed.net/atmidnight/index.php
http://whitewolf.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page
^Theres' AM, for people who might want to join, but aren't sure what WoD is.

Yay, I might be able to actually rp as my "Patchwork Girl" :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:06:15 PM
I would like to re-do the topic tags in Gen RPing and here to reflect the type of RP the thread is talking about. If you want to start a new non-SW roleplay, post the [tag] you'd like to use. The shorter the better.

Mandy with an I
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:42:08 PM
[FDW] - Futuristic Drug World?

I have an idea of what I want to do, but I have no idea what the topic tag should be, or if anyone else would be interested in it. If it's just me doing it as a story or something, do I need a tag for it? And if someone has an idea down the road, does that mean we'd have to add another topic tag for it?

Maybe put some generic tags for some genres (Sci-fi, fantasy, historical)? And more specific tags for already created 'rps', like WoD?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2006, 02:50:21 PM
Adding topic tags takes... oh... three seconds. It isn't a hardship.

However! We wouldn't want to get cluttered. I think that perhaps keeping the Gen RPing forum with just the open/closed tags and the titles referring to what senario the RP is located within should be fine.

I fiddled with the tags for this forum however, and made them optional. Anarchy!

Morgan Evanar
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:01:28 PM
Remember, in the WoD, Wofls will kill Vampires on sight. They really really hate the undead bloodsuckers.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:04:04 PM
Yes. Yes that is true.

I don't think that's the case in the new re-vamped (hoho) WoD, but I don't know anything about that so let's stick to the feuding wofls and vamps.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:08:21 PM
I know nada about 3rd ed, but plenty about 2nd ed, and I think that's the case for most of us.

Bandage
Mar 16th, 2006, 08:16:36 PM
OOOOh. WoD.. Very interesting. I know of the older style of WoD, before the republication, but I'm still not uberfamiliar with it. I know of the vast majority of the Vampire clans, and have the Bloodlines game to help me a little, and I know quite a bit of the Garou side, thanks to a book from my buddy Verse. I hijacked it for like a year, and then gave it back to him....intact, but a little broken in......he never forgave me for that.....though I do understand.....

But unfortunately, I've never played it. So a crash course would be great. And as a Dungeons and Dragons player and a Dungeon Master, I'm sure I can catch on..... Would anyone be willing to give me the rundown?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:15:21 PM
Are we going to be doing character sheets?

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 17th, 2006, 03:52:23 AM
Why not.

http://www.white-wolf.com/Download/Pages/Charactersheets.html

They have all the templates on there. Can't find any decent HTML equivalents though.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 17th, 2006, 06:08:25 AM
Originally posted by Bandage
But unfortunately, I've never played it. So a crash course would be great. And as a Dungeons and Dragons player and a Dungeon Master, I'm sure I can catch on..... Would anyone be willing to give me the rundown?

I've posted some useful links in the WoDencyclopedia thread.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 17th, 2006, 03:00:08 PM
^_^; I don't know how to do a character sheet.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 18th, 2006, 12:01:18 PM
Me neither. I have just played WoD games (which do have character sheets in them, I guess, though not as complex), read novels, RPed in communities that didn't require character sheets. I'm sure we can learn, though :)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 18th, 2006, 12:16:41 PM
I do, if anyone wants help making one, IM me.

Bandage
Mar 19th, 2006, 01:42:13 AM
Yep. For example, Bloodlines has a Character Sheet.....But not nearly as in depth, most likely because of the visuals that the videogame has to offer. No need for character sketches, and such.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 19th, 2006, 12:46:20 PM
http://www.menchhofer.com/chris/ more character sheets?

Jude
Mar 19th, 2006, 12:50:30 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
http://www.menchhofer.com/chris/ more character sheets?

Oh hey, neat, they have a character sheet generator program. Giving that a look now.

...and interactive/editable pdf character sheets. Sweet. Nice find.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 19th, 2006, 04:24:15 PM
I do my best. :mischief

Bandage
Mar 20th, 2006, 08:43:48 PM
Edit: Nevermind, saw the post from Holly....thanks!!!!!

And I was thinking potentially making some Dungeons and Dragons or D20 Modern characters, potentially for RPs. That is, if everyone else wants to play.....

Erzsebet
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:26:09 PM
Haha, Adobe Acrobat will not work on my computer >_<

Since I'm playing a demon, I've been trying to find Demon: The Fallen info, but havent had much luck other than what little is on the WW site and the Wiki :( Help?

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 21st, 2006, 07:49:03 AM
Unfortunately Demon wasn't part of WW's "big three", so probably didn't get as much attention or source material as, say, Vampire or Werewolf. I guess googling around is your best bet.

Erzsebet
Mar 21st, 2006, 09:28:23 AM
Holly found a good site, so it's linked in my little bio in the other WoD thread :)

EDIT.

Okay, THIS! (http://whitewolf.wikicities.com/wiki/Ilyes) is freaky.My last name (which I don't think is that common) is in the Wiki. :o

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 21st, 2006, 02:56:12 PM
You founded Clan Brujah?

... Impressive! :cool

Mandy with an I
Mar 21st, 2006, 10:38:11 PM
Character Creation site (http://www.geocities.com/malfisbymidnight/index.html) :)

Fiona Devlin
Mar 23rd, 2006, 09:01:18 AM
ok, I need to be 100% clear on if we are or aren't using table top style char generation / using char sheets. =^^=

Erzsebet
Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:09:20 PM
I'm using it, simply because I've never played VtM before and I like to have a fully formed character. I dont know if anyone else is doing it, but I'm probably going to post my big* ole bio in the WoDopedia thread.

*Yes, it's already 2 notebook pages and it's barely written out :x

Morgan Evanar
Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:41:19 PM
If you're playing an older Vampire, which some of us are, you'd deffinately be able to exceed the defaults on the sheet.

Erzsebet
Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:04:19 PM
Okay, since you brought it up, how old are peoples' vampires? No-one has posted a bio, and I have no idea if what I've decided for my character is kosher or not.

Erzsebet is 358, and since I'm the only Tzimisce so far, I hope that's okay. As far as my character sheet goes, it's just basic - what she's good at, what she's not good at - for my own little rp reference-ness :)

Katarina Gordislava
Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:07:43 PM
Yeah I was hoping to be able to peek over Jenny's shoulder and see what Rodermark's age is. ^_^;

Michele Hawkins
Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:11:25 PM
I'll probably be the youngest starting out a 19!!

go me :crack

Fiona Devlin
Mar 24th, 2006, 07:37:26 AM
Okies, I'll make up a sheet for Fiona, strictly based on character concept, since it's not like we're gonna be using d10s :lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 24th, 2006, 09:50:52 AM
Originally posted by Katarina Gordislava
Yeah I was hoping to be able to peek over Jenny's shoulder and see what Rodermark's age is. ^_^;

Gabriel and Jude were both born during/around the reign of Queen Victoria. I haven't decided on the exact date yet, but they would both be roughly somewhere between 160 and 180 years old.

Sansa
Mar 24th, 2006, 09:52:41 AM
What generation are they?

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 24th, 2006, 09:59:45 AM
I was thinking 7th or 8th.

Erzsebet
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:36:50 AM
I don't think age really matters when it comes to generation, right? Because you could be bitten today by an 8th and be a 9th generation, from what I understand.

:( I am anciently old *applies wrinkle cream*

Morgan Evanar
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:47:28 AM
Being old is good because generally you would know all kinds of wicked things. Being old is bad because you have made some enemies.

I'm pretty old too :|

Fiona Devlin
Mar 24th, 2006, 12:02:20 PM
I'm placing Fiona somewhere in 5th century Britain (at least old enough to have possibly been the Lady of the Lake. ;) still toying with the idea.)

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 24th, 2006, 12:03:21 PM
Originally posted by Erzsebet
I don't think age really matters when it comes to generation, right? Because you could be bitten today by an 8th and be a 9th generation, from what I understand.

:( I am anciently old *applies wrinkle cream*

Right. You could be very young and of a low generation, or vice versa.

Ezra Khaine
Mar 24th, 2006, 12:41:21 PM
I have no idea how old I'm going to make Ezra, but I was thinking more on the younger side, like 100 years or younger. I'm still thinking about it, though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2006, 12:46:46 PM
I argh argh argh about how long of a backstory I have to write once I figure out how old she is.

Maybe a small generation, like 9, but fairly young so she's just starting to make her mark on the world. :)

Erzsebet
Mar 24th, 2006, 01:05:12 PM
I just read something about how a Sabbat could rise in the ranks, without being super old, but I have no idea what site it's on :|

Don't write out a huge backstory - just do a "this is who she was, how she was embraced, how she rose in rank" brief one. If I can remember where I read about the ranks in the Sabbat, I'll post a link :x

EDIT - If Jennys' Prince is only 180-ish, it makes sense that your character is an Archbishop, since they're nearly the same thing.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 24th, 2006, 01:08:34 PM
http://whitewolf.wikicities.com/wiki/Diablerie_%28VTM%29
^ Is that what you were reading about, Mandy?

The Sabbat are more interested in power than age anyway, so a stronger younger vampire could easily be superior to a vampire of a lower generation.

Erzsebet
Mar 24th, 2006, 01:11:56 PM
It was an actual list of the ranks within the Sabbat, and mentioned ages vampires of certain ranks would be. But I have no clue where I read it >_<

I dont think it matters, because frankly, we need a head-honcho for Team Sabbat, Holly :lol

Ezra Khaine
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:03:12 PM
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but in what year does our WoD take place?

Fiona Devlin
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:04:39 PM
I'm not writing out a huge backstory either. Gonna keep it open and do little flashbacks as I go along. Anyone who's interested in linking chars this way, drop me a note.

Originally posted by Ezra Khaine
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but in what year does our WoD take place?

I'm thinking present day, but as I said, flashbacks are nifty little things, and alot of fun.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:06:02 PM
2006 is where we are, I believe. And yes, I was planning on doing Gabriel and Jude's backstory in the way Fiona suggested - either through flashbacks, or them retelling their stories to others IC.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:39:59 PM
I think Katarina is going to be about 120 yrs old, 9th generation, and considered some what of an upstart amongst the Lesombra. She's all for the power and such, but whether or not she really believes what the Sabbat preaches.... well we'll have to find out. :mischief

She's a manipulator, and her nickname is The Spider. Could possibly be former Tsarina Alexandra Romanov, and her sire may or may not be Rasputin who by all reports could not be killed by poison or bullets.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:43:30 PM
Hmm.. it seems Gabriel and Katarina may have more in common than they think!

I just threw Sergei Vishnyakov into the mix. 11th gen Tremere who has defected to the Sabbat after diablerizing his sire! Popular guy ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:49:02 PM
Awesome. :thumbup He should make everyone nervous.

So is he 11th gen AFTER the diablerizing, or before? :uhoh

edit: p.s. you should use Robbie Williams for him, 'cause there are a few great pics of Kylie and Robbie together.

Sergei Vishnyakov
Mar 24th, 2006, 02:55:27 PM
11th after the diablerizing.

The only thing that people dislike more than a Tremere is a Tremere antitribu... and the only thing they dislike more than that is one who commits diablerie. I'm making sure that I tick all of the boxes here :cool

EDIT:
http://api.mds.cw.com/xmlserver/img/007000-007999/med_7504.jpg
heheheh

Morgan Evanar
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:42:07 PM
Actually if you're in Sabbat AFAIK diablerie isn't that big a deal if you're nailing Cammy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 24th, 2006, 04:27:13 PM
It still makes everyone uncomfortable though. :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 24th, 2006, 04:29:09 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Actually if you're in Sabbat AFAIK diablerie isn't that big a deal if you're nailing Cammy.

Mmm. I was thinking more Cammy views on non-Cammy Tremere.

Saying that, the Tzimisce have no love for Tremere, Sabbat or otherwise, but they wouldn't be particularly bothered by diablerie anyway.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 25th, 2006, 12:10:08 AM
Cammy Tremere are not really totally trusted. Non-Cammy Tremere doubly so.

Erzsebet
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:04:57 AM
Originally posted by Vega Van-Derveld
Saying that, the Tzimisce have no love for Tremere, Sabbat or otherwise, but they wouldn't be particularly bothered by diablerie anyway.

No, we don't. Apparently, if a Tzimisce wants to be the top vamp of their group/pack (cant remember the exact term, it starts with a V), they have to have a flesh-crafted cloak of Tremere skin :mischief

Speaking of Tzimisce, I ordered the Clan book from Amazon (yay, only $8) so I will no longer have to scour the net for info :D

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 25th, 2006, 06:13:42 AM
Did you get the sourcebook or the clan novel?

http://sw-fans.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=753737
Either way, you'll probably get to read all about the lovely Sasha Vykos

Mandy with an I
Mar 25th, 2006, 11:21:38 AM
1 "Clanbook: Tzimisce : A Sourcebook for Vampire : The Masquerade"
Robert Hatch; Paperback; CDN$ 8.61
Usually ships within 1-2 business days

Oh my, the description of the original Tzimisce book has me curious as all get out though. Supposedly so full of scary pictures it was shrink-wrapped and sold as 18+. o_O

Morgan Evanar
Mar 25th, 2006, 04:47:45 PM
Most of the Sabbat books are uh, graphic.

Mandy with an I
Mar 25th, 2006, 09:10:06 PM
It can't be THAT graphic. I'm sure it's tame compared to some of the things kids have seen nowadays :|

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:21:13 PM
p.s. you should call werewolves Garou, not Lupines.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:35:44 PM
You can actually go with Garou, Lupine or werewolf. All of them are used in VtM source material :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:38:00 PM
Oh ok. :o:)

Fiona Devlin
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:47:44 PM
Garou = what Werewolves call themselves
Kindred = what Vampires call themselves
Lupines = what the Vampires call the Werewolves
Leeches = what the Werewolves call the Vampires

hope that helps :)

Fiona Devlin
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:48:49 PM
It can't be THAT graphic. I'm sure it's tame compared to some of the things kids have seen nowadays :|

The art is pretty trippy.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 27th, 2006, 02:54:39 PM
Trippy is an interesting way of putting it. Dear Club Going Chicago folks, please be PMing me with an idea of what you are doing so that I can sort of get a clue or six.

Erzsebet
Mar 27th, 2006, 05:32:35 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Trippy is an interesting way of putting it.

Yeah, but when you think about all the things you've seen on the web, pictures in a book sound less disturbing. My book shipped today, so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week. :)

Mandy with an I
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:33:19 AM
*double posts*

Would anyone be interested in starting a WtA rp? My SW rps are all kind of dead/dying, and I'm really enjoying the other WoD rps I'm in :) Since Garou and Vamps don't really mix well together, would anyone besides me be interested in having a seperate little Garou group/rp storyline?

Even if no-one else wants to, I'm still going to do it. But it would be more fun with more people ^_^;

Ezra Khaine
Mar 29th, 2006, 12:35:46 PM
I may be interested in creating a Garou char, but I'll have to think about it :)

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 29th, 2006, 12:36:45 PM
ARRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Maybe :) I kinda have a Fiana in mind that I could play

Jude
Mar 29th, 2006, 12:38:59 PM
I do miss being a wofl...

Kyle Krogen
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:13:53 PM
I've been wondering about something. What is the Garou situation in Russia? Is Queen Tamara Tvarivich and the Silver Fangs still running the show?

Mandy with an I
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:26:40 PM
I don't know which Tribe I would pick, but the old WW site has a quick start guide for anyone who needs it.

http://www.white-wolf.com/Games/Pages/Werewolfhome.html

:)

Edit - if anyone has any suggestions for where these rps should take place, post them. And Bandage, IM/PM me, please!

Kyle Krogen
Mar 29th, 2006, 08:25:14 PM
if anyone has any suggestions for where these rps should take place?

My Garou char is currently located in Russia and thats a long way from North America, so... I have no idea where we could meet up. The most likely place would be somewhere in the US. My char could be visiting the Silver Fang camps in the US and 'bump' into your wofl or Bandage's wofl. I'm open for anything.

Asztrik
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:31:08 PM
I'd like to finish up my little character sheet; I'm going to have her be a Silent Strider, so she'd be traveling around a lot. If you want to plan something (instead of just going by the seat of our pants), post your idea or pm me. :)

*prances around with her shiny avatar and sig*

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 30th, 2006, 03:16:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changing_Breed
^ Check out all of those were-beasties.

Alexei Tvarivich
Mar 30th, 2006, 09:11:35 PM
Were-Dragons? Thats just fricken weird and sweet at the same time... Too bad there is not much information on them. A were-dragon would be an awesome character :D

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2006, 02:39:05 AM
I was debating on being a Kitsune, but I couldn't find any sites (besides the wiki) with information on the "Garou" of the East. Do we really want to have were-dragons and were-gators though? :x :lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2006, 02:43:08 AM
Hey, as long as people play them sensibily, I'm all for this stuff :D Some of them have source-books dedicated to them... trying to get ahold of some of them now.

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2006, 02:56:07 AM
:lol

Yes, as long as people play them sensibly, they're fine. It's the people who might go "Kewl, weredragon!!!!111!!!" that I'm worried about. I know we havent had a problem with it so far, and I hope it stays that way.

Maybe someone can post a list of tribes to pick from? And maybe we can decide if we want to allow Black Spiral Dancers as an available tribe?

*has to go to bed since it's 4 am >_<*

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2006, 03:02:20 AM
Like I say, I am looking for source info on the extra beasties, but I don't think that all of them have their own book. Those who do though, if I can find extra stuff about them I will put up some stuff in the WoDencylcopedia about it.

As for Dancers... I'm cool with people playing them. I'd love to see some Red Talons, personally :)

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2006, 03:13:30 AM
I was talking to Kyle about this earlier tonight - yay or nay to vampire interaction? I know Bandages' Garou is mingling with the vamps, but if we get enough Garou, I'd personally prefer to keep it seperate. Maybe have the rare rp with vampires, if we only have a handful of people playing Garou?

As long people play responsibly, I dont care what they are, honestly. I like that all the vampires/wolves have one or two abilities that they're good at for each clan/tribe; it saves me from the "magic-I'm-great-at-everything!" factor. :D

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2006, 03:20:22 AM
I would like to keep wofls and vamps seperate, personally. Mostly because most wofls would kick the crap out of the vamps. I mean, check out this (from the Toreador clanbook):

Picture an eight-foot tall shag carpet soaked with blood: yours. Add in a self-enforcing Masquerade that makes every mortal who sees one start gibbering and hallucinating about chainsaw-toting maniacs, gangbangers, rogue cops or whatever other urban legend works best. Now make it so that every time you hurt one, it heals quicker than you can say "Oh [fiddlesticks], you're not going to tear me another new [bottom] are you?!"

Congratulations. Now you have some slight inclination of what Lupines are like. If you go out in the woods, you run the risk of having one of death's own guard dogs pounce on you and use you for a target practice. By "woods" I mean anywhere without streetlights. Lucky for us, the shapechangers are allergic to cities, by and large.

I remember the day Gene Wharton, a Gangrel from way back, got turned practically inside out and hung on the doors of Miama's Elysium. I took one look and thought "Now that's what the Masquerade is for! Screw the mortals; I'm hiding from the werewolves."

Kind of get the impression that the old bloodsuckers want to stay as far away from the beasties as possible.

Fiona Devlin
Mar 31st, 2006, 08:13:10 AM
Do we really want to have were-dragons and were-gators though? :x :lol

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! >_<

And maybe we can decide if we want to allow Black Spiral Dancers as an available tribe?

Only as serious threat major league hardcore villains. The presence of Black Spirals anywhere is BAD NEWS and would be a danger to Vamps, Mages, Immortals and other Garou to say the least. :eek

As far as other 'weres' go, the only ones I'd allow as characters are the bastet.

The Ananasi are uber icky and vile. Creepier than the Black Spiral Dancers. Only allowed as villains and very very rare. :x

I would allow the Kitsune, but probably not in a modern setting.

Were-sharks and alligators are totally absurd. :headbash

just my opinions though, take 'em or leave 'em.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2006, 08:26:57 AM
I'm going to play a Corax. I read their sourcebook this afternoon and think the character concept is neat. I like how they seem to be above the politics and in-fighting of everyone else and I could see the character easily interacting with anyone, regardless of species.

As for the weresharks... well, they would be pretty impossible to play, to be honest. Their whole world revolves around the Sea, so there is no way they could interact with anyone other than other weresharks. Yawn.

I think most of the beasties are pretty rare, to be honest. From what I've read, the Garou kicked the crap out of a large majority of them, forcing many into extinction and decimating those that were left (with the excpetion of the Corax).

You're right about some of them being best kept as villains though. Perhaps once we've got our 'world' in motion we can introduce some threats to the world. I've already got some ideas about a potentially devastating secret that my Corax could know that would make for a good story arc.

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:30:44 PM
You're right about some of them being best kept as villains though. Perhaps once we've got our 'world' in motion we can introduce some threats to the world. I've already got some ideas about a potentially devastating secret that my Corax could know that would make for a good story arc.

I agree. We only have a smattering of Garou so far, even though I've asked half of my buddy list about joining. :x

Corax = :thumbup if they're not-so-rare. I'd like to see a few more wofls though, since we only have three so far :(

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:37:31 PM
I still need to make my puppy ^_^;

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:40:45 PM
Oh yes, more wofls please.

I'd rather be a rara avis anyway :cool

Michele Hawkins
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:47:26 PM
I got an idea for my puppy finally!

:: goes to fetch stuff for avatar and naming ::

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:50:38 PM
I just want to post as my Garou because I love how her avatar and sig turned out :lol

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:01:44 PM
Wow, now that is a blast from the past :) Good times.

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:04:29 PM
it's old Dale! :D Yay-yay!

Nara McKenna
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:04:47 PM
:lol sorry Vega I deleted my post since I wrote her description in the wrong thread.

But here I am!

Nara's location is flexible since I want to help the other puppies out in starting.

And as Vega and Dae were commenting on the blast from the past. Nara's avatar is of Priss from BGC 2040.. the first image I used for Dale for those that remember like Vegz ^^

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:08:37 PM
hehe a 'classic' look for a new name. :):thumbup

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 31st, 2006, 01:17:22 PM
^_^;

so glad you guys like!

Please throw me a PM for those Garou that wish to get things started. I have a general idea of who Nara is and can learn as I write her.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2010, 06:35:33 AM
Bumpin this, just as reminder that the Gen Forum is there for any and all RPing needs ;)