PDA

View Full Version : I'd Like to make a Withdrawal

Rayna Eclipse
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:46:35 AM
Money make the world turn and at the moment, Rayna Eclipse had none. At least that she knew of, yet. She'd been working on getting back on her feet after an incident on Corellia terminated any possibility of returning to the status quo. As if the status quo was desirable. Living a life of spice addiction and whoring herself out to pay for it wasn't desirable in the least. As much as she wanted to go back to that rotton, yet simple and predictable, life, moving on was neccessary. But she couldn't do that without money.

She stepped into the decorated stone lobby of the last bank she remembered ever having an account with. Standing in line, she looked nervously past those in front of her to the tellers hard at work, the multiple clocks on the wall, the wooden counter. If it turned out she didn't have an account there she was going to look like quite the fool. If it had been suspended after her encounter with the Sith Order, then she might be arrested.

Scenario's danced through her head, each ending in bad news for her.

"Alright!" Someone shouted from behind her. "This is a bank robbery. Everyone down on the ground."

OOC: Any part is open to anyone. Be the bank robber, be someone with an account, be the teller, be the security guard. Pick a role and have fun.

Ira Yahff
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:11:02 PM
Jehkran had been a lot of places in life and the latest was the most fuzzy. A lot had happened over the past year, and not a single thing seemed straight forward. All the images of the year were like a static Holonet signal in his mind, drawing pictures choppy and barley visible. All he could remember was that he needed to get in contact with the Rebel Alliance, and fast. Yet there was one thing in the way: money.

In the brightness of the bank lobby, he was just another face. As he could remember it, that was a rare occasion indeed. Normally his beautiful, though abnormal eyes and hair stood out amidst the crowd. The problem was this was not much normal crowd at the least. Creeds of beings he had never seen before were scattered about the mess. Bunches of supposed families of forgotten species clumped together, or sat in chairs making their investments. Chatter was at a quiet buzz, but the irregular tones and language was far too much for his Basic ear's to bare.

He managed though, somehow. Maybe it was because the girl in front of him. Pretty woman always did make the best out of a worst situation. At least until they talked. For a moment there, he thought she was going to ruin his image of her when she scanned the scenery. Most people took in details, and found themselves itching to tell someone else about some stupid thing they saw wrong with the clock. Those little things always annoyed him, but maybe it was because recently he didn't find the need to be sociable. He could barley remember what happened a month ago, what was there to be sociable about?

"Alright! This is a bank robbery--"

The being yelled. Jehkran didn't get the chance to look over his shoulder before his impulses came into play and led him falling to the crowd. "--Everyone down on the ground."

He followed suite, grabbing onto the pretty gal before him as he tumbled as graceful as possible to the floor. Jehkran carefully maneuvered his body to protect her from the decorated floor. He didn't want the silent girl to get hurt before they got to know each other. That just wouldn't be gentlemen-like to do.

Rayna Eclipse
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:46:52 PM
The hell? was her reaction as she found herself tumbling to the ground, not of her own free will. She glanced to where her back had once faced and saw the men standing there, blasters raised in the air and masks covering their faces.

She looked to the man who had compelled her to get down on the ground. She glanced over his face and unusual hair, at least for a human. She distanced herself by placing a hand on his shoulder and sliding across the stone floor. "You should quit trying to cop a feel and come up with a real plan for this emergancy."

Ira Yahff
Mar 14th, 2006, 11:34:45 PM
Feisty? Yes. Attractive? Yes. Annoying? Slightly. The thoughts ran across his mind like a swoop race as his eyes outlined her body. It was quite hard, especially in the uncomfortable spot, but it didn't matter. There had been far more disturbing positions he had been in, and he had survived to this point at least.

A smile came at his face in response to her statement. She certainly had a pizazz to her, although that was not always a good thing. He knew the best reply was an expression, and simply frowned before he unveiled his soothing voice. It was quite bizarre, at first, for most people. The soothing, calm and ever sly voice held no roughness, playing a true contrast to the wild hair. Just didn't...match up.

"I say we run, aye?"

Byl Laprovik
Mar 15th, 2006, 12:39:47 AM
"Lets all stay calm here."

One masked man broke away from the group of three that was working its way around the flank of the teller's counter. Two others stood in appropriate vantage points at the back of the lobby.

"Keep still on the ground. Let the tile floor keep your heads cool. You don't want to die and we don't want to kill you."

Byl paced near a blonde-haired male and a brunette female on the floor, and turned his eyes to another masked man, who held a gun against a balding man's side.

"You. I need the pass key for the security box vault."

Rayna Eclipse
Mar 15th, 2006, 02:28:09 PM
"Run?" She hoarsely whispered. She was astounded at such a foolish idea. They had armed blasters in their hands, one of which was pointed at a quivering bank official. "I hope you were kidding, aye."

Under normal circumstances, perhaps she wouldn't be so testy towards the man who apparently was just out to help... That is if a poor planned escape was considered helping. This bank incident on top of all the nerf crap that had been dragging her life further into the sewers was pushing her mind to the limit.

Red and blue lights flickered through the tall and pointed windows of the bank as the Coruscant police predictibly made their appearance.

"We have the building surrounded." They called over their loudspeakers. "Surrender is recommended."

Christoph Ramm
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:06:12 PM
Lieutenant Christoph Ramm stepped out of his police speeder infront of the bank, the wind picking up his duster and blowing it towards the bank as he stared, his mind contemplating the situation.

He looked to the Sergeant who had just made the announcement over the comms. "What's the assessement?"

"We don't have much information yet." He stated, neither of the two breaking visual contact with the building. "The alarm from the weapons detector inside the bank alerted us. No less than two blasters, no more five."

"No explosives?" He asked.

The sergeant responded, "Not that we can tell as of yet. Unless they've got something disassembled. The weapons detector wouldn't pick that up."

"What about the holo feeds."

The sergeant shook his head. "We haven't been able to access them yet. The guys at HQ are on it, but they said they've been hitting some problems. Have some faith I guess."

Faith indeed. "Alright, I'm assuming they won't be giving up so easily, get the boys working on finding a way to communicate with these guys. Talk to HQ and see what they've got for prospective bank thieves."

The sergeant departed from the front line of squad speeders and made the orders amongst his officers. For Christoph, the name of the game was waiting and praying for now. Experience had taught him that with time the pieces would fall, but the skills of both sides would determine where they would land.

Ira Yahff
Mar 15th, 2006, 09:06:30 PM
He hated these sort of situations. They brought out the worst in people, and he never liked being a hero. So, instead he had to humble himself. Becoming a scoundrel or simply average. Nothing was wrong with being normal, but being a competitor in a past life never wore off it's competitive affects. The cold floor did not make it better, as it mirrored the tone of the woman's voice. Even though she whispered, Jehkran could feel the slight anger in her voice.

A grumble rumbled from his stomach as he jumbled a few ideas. Every last one did not seem right, or pointed in a more troublesome direction. All he could do was hope for the best, and grab on tight...to the girl.

As he pulled in, he let a smirk run across his lips. This was quite interesting. "So, whatcha name?"

Byl Laprovik
Mar 15th, 2006, 11:08:38 PM
"The black & whites are here" One of the men whispered to Byl.

"Alright, do you have the demands list?"

The second man pulled a flimsy from a utility pocket on his vest.

"It's all here."

"Good." Byl nodded as he glanced it over. "Pick a hostage to release, and put the list on them."

The second man paced around the lobby as Byl moved back to where the bank manager was being held. The second robber squatted near a man and a woman, leveling his blaster at the blonde-haired man.

"You, up on your feet. Lets go."

Rayna Eclipse
Mar 16th, 2006, 01:52:05 PM
Hardly a time for asking names, but with the police there she was hoping it would all be over soon. Maybe a little whispered conversation might ease her up a bit.

"Rayna." She said, but her voice betrayed her. She wasn't calming down at all. Part of her wanted to do something, though she had no resources, but anything at all would satisfy her feelings. Another side, however, wanted to stay put and hope for the best. This side was holding her far more than the other, she had to face facts, there wasn't anything she could do.

"And yours?" She asked a little less sharply.

Christoph Ramm
Mar 16th, 2006, 07:08:05 PM
"Sir." The sergeant said as he passed a comm to Christoph. "They're working on getting through to the bank's comm network and hopefully we can open up a dialogue through there."

He took the comm from his sergeant and held it at his side as the officers erected a barricade on the street behind him to hold back the curious onlookers. Finally the comm made its noise to signal activation and Christoph brought it to his ear. Inside the bank the phones rang.

Ira Yahff
Mar 16th, 2006, 09:41:21 PM
Rayna?, he thought. It was a nice name. Not too common, and just a tad bit unique. Not exactly as great as his, but there would be time to gain the much needed appraise soon enough. A smile parked itself on his lips as he awaited the inevitable response. They always wanted to know the name, it was just common courtesy. Plus, he was an interesting guy.

Before he could respond, he felt the danger sleeping on his shoulder. Impulse told him to burst into a run, yet the moment came into play. Not even the quickest motion could swim his way out of the bind, and the best decision was to stay put. So, slowly he turned his silver-haired head, ready to see what all the fuss was about.

"You, up on your feet. Lets go," the man demanded, the blaster snarling at the side of Jehkran's hand. He didn't know the man, but it was certain he was not playing. Everything was business in this place, it was a bank, whether a bunch of misfits took it over or not.

So he did as he was told, and even threw in some submissive gestures with a throw up of his hands. It was best to keep them pleased, maybe he could get out of this mess without a scratch.

Rayna Eclipse
Mar 18th, 2006, 10:06:20 PM
"Now wait a second." She said still agitated. She was hesitant to make friends with this silver-haired person, but she wasn't about to allow her only company get yanked out. For some peculiar reason, she felt that he might be able to resolve some of this situation, hopefully ending in her favor.

"This is my- my fiancee. We mustn't be seperated." She stood up and slid her arm around his.

Byl Laprovik
Mar 28th, 2006, 12:34:05 AM
OOC: Posting order, guys!

IC:

Byl squatted down to eye level near the bank manager.

"Pass key for the vault."

Keeping his gun leveled at the balding man, Byl checked his wrist chronometer.

"Ten seconds, or I shoot the first hostage."

As the manager fumbled and made a move for his key, I motioned to another accomplice, adjacent to a beeping comm terminal.

"Should be the police. Put it on speaker."

Back to the couple, the gunman covering them waved his rifle at the woman.

"If you do what we say, you'll stay alive and be reunited. That's your choice."

Ceddra Tavqus
Mar 28th, 2006, 01:25:28 AM
Ceddra nodded and pressed the button. She hoped the bank manager would just co-operate, but he seemed too busy being scared drenless at Byls' gun. Five seconds had passed, and still no key - try as he might, his sweaty hands couldn't manage it. Three seconds to go.

Draken Chakara
Mar 29th, 2006, 09:08:29 PM
How did I get myself in this situation? A year ago, I was a farmboy on a planet a bit too close to its sun. Now... robbing banks with some Rebels, taking hostages...

My head shakes as I check my clothing once more. I already stand out in a crowd. Being around six and a half feet tall, as well as almost completely muscle, you don't really hide in a crowd. The fact that I can coat my body in a metallic substance... well, that's pretty much seals the deal.

I glance over at Byl. He gives me that look... the one that basically says, "Remember your orders." So, I do as I was told - stand to the side and try to look intimidating. Normally, I'm no good at that sort of thing. With the face mask, goggles, black suit, and impact hammer in my hands, though, no one seems to want to tangle with me. Now, it's just a waiting game until the vault is opened. I can only pray that no one gets killed in all this. I'm not sure I could handle another innocent life on my hands.

Christoph Ramm
Apr 1st, 2006, 07:36:31 PM
"You're through." The sergant said as Christoph raised the comm to his face.

"This is Lieutenant Christoph Ramm of District H, Coruscant police. Who is it with that I am speaking?"