PDA

View Full Version : Planning the Assasination of Chancellor Anar ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:35:16 PM
Hey, just throught I'd make a thread for this thread, as I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I figured that, since you're back RPing Anar, that you might want to be a part of your attempted demise. ;)

Khendon, you're in if you want. I don't know if we should make it open or closed - but as it's going to be a failed attempt anyway, making it open to Imperials shouldn't be problematic (or Rebels, even) as long as LD doesn't get captured.

For a title I'm thinking Secret Assassination.

Byl Laprovik
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:45:25 PM
I'm ready to ride shotgun on this unholy alliance chuckwagon to hell :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:48:36 PM
Maybe we're both planning to take him out and end up messing up each other's plans. ;)

Byl Laprovik
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:52:40 PM
Why work separately? Why not together?

Khendon Sevon
Mar 12th, 2006, 10:54:08 PM
Khendon doesn't trust you. Expect his head Stormguardsman (Harbinger) to be watching you from a very, very far distance.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 12th, 2006, 11:11:33 PM
understood!

I'd like Anar to pick what he wants to be doing when it all goes down. And working with Byl would be pretty interesting, AND gives LD someone to blame when it doesn't work. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Mar 13th, 2006, 06:44:49 AM
Well this is all very civilised. Right...what to be doing.

Well perhaps we consider his routine. Lives in the Chancellery, which is connected to the Palace where...

He gets up at some ungodly hour in the morning (say 0500) and works for an hour. Then he has breakfast.

He has a briefing with the Security Advisers, including people from Interior, the ISB and the High Command for one hour. (0800)

He has a briefing with the Domestic Advisers, with advisers from the various ministries (finance, welfare, resources, industry) for one hour. (0900 )

Then it is office work.

If the Cabinet is meeting it meets at 1100 and goes on for two hours, or there are other meetings or more office work.

1300 (or there abouts) lunch. If it is with someone it is wherever that happens (which could be at the Chancellery, the Palace, a ministry or a restaurant who knows) or it is in his office still working.

Afternoon is more meetings and work in from 1400-1900.

Then dinner, again wherever that might be. It can be an official function, a party or whatever.

And evening engagements or more work until something ridiculously late like 2 am.

Now that I have looked at that. I think Anar is going to have to be doing something non-work related. Something that gets him out of the palace/chancellery complex. A party, gala, soire. But I've done those before.

Perhaps a rally?

You know, the party demogoue up on a stage. Big audience. Inspiring speech. Floodlights. Bodyguard. Flags. Children. Rhetoric. A big imaginary target painted on him.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 13th, 2006, 07:58:10 AM
I know I won't be participating in this, but I really look forward to reading it :D

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 13th, 2006, 10:24:31 AM
De'Ville just has some insatiable inate drive to kill politicians, doesn't she? It's like Call To Order all over again :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2006, 12:15:22 PM
Sometimes it's just ingrained in a character and if I changed it she just wouldn't be the same. ;)

Although Call to Order was because she wanted to influence the government, and in this case she just wants to send the Empire to one of the seven Corellian hells.

I like the idea of a rally. :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 13th, 2006, 12:36:12 PM
Byl's alias should be Hans Gruber ;) :p

Tiberius Anar
Mar 15th, 2006, 06:03:28 AM
Ok. A rally it is. Things to decide.

From the point of view of the assination where and under what conditions is this rally taking place?

I thought it could be in a sports arena of some kind, that's the usual thing. It's Coruscant so it is going to be in some gargantuan arena capable of containing an astronomical number of people. What sort of sports do they play in Star Wars? Any ideas?

Lets say that they erect a stage around the mid point of one side of the statium and behind that we have all the technical boxes, controls and so forth. On the stage a podium out at the front where Anar will speak (nicely exposed and vulnerable). Behind him a long desk with all a bunch of notables who can applaude adoringly the Anar's every word. (A few of whom can be bumped off accidentally in the botched assassination if we want, Mwuhahaha!)

The playing area in front packed with people, the seats in the tiers rising up filled. Banners and flags waving, chanting all that jazz and looking over it all security. Bodyguards near Anar, but not a visible presence- ready to grab him if needs be. Sharpshooters up in the roof space. Agents at key points. Soldiers outside and checks at the doors. Does that present realistic security whilst allowing our would be killers the access they need and the opportunities to make their move?

From the point of view of the wider storyline, where are we post Endor? What is the reason for the rally?

Not sure about the first part since I have been away for so long, but I would assume we were quite some time post Endor. Several months, but that is not too important.

The reason for the rally is because it will impact on how the story works. (No good our assassins turning up disguised as naval officers if the rally is for civillians.) I would like it to be a Party event because I have my pet project of showing the political bits you do not see in the films like the faction in the Senate that backed Palpatine, which I think would have evolved into a political party that supported him in changing the constitution and so on.

Personally, I would like this rally to be Anar doing a bit of morale boosting- preaching to the faithful about the glory of the New Order, the triumph of the past, the dangers of the present and the future and what has to be done being done by a strong and determined government. It is just unfortunate that at the very moment he is doing his best to inspire confidence he nearly gets shuffled off this mortal coil into the eternal abyss.

Thoughts? Does this present a suitable setting for our purposes?

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 15th, 2006, 06:04:29 AM
What sort of sports do they play in Star Wars? Any ideas?

Grav-ball is the big, popular sport I think.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 15th, 2006, 09:57:56 AM
I only had time to skim your comments, Anar, but I liked what I read. :thumbup

*rubs hands together gleefully*

Tiberius Anar
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:29:54 PM
Well I suppose I ought to get writing a speech. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 15th, 2006, 07:28:03 PM
:lol I know how you like to be pompous. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:39:02 AM
Ok. Far too long since I announced my return. Let's get this started:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40325

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2006, 06:03:35 PM
Awesome! I'll get to it by Monday, if not before. But certainly Monday. :)

Telan Desaria
Apr 8th, 2006, 07:50:44 AM
Shock-ball is also popular EU - Desaira played it at the Academy. Need me for this?

Tiberius Anar
Apr 8th, 2006, 02:11:19 PM
Shockball- aha! I knew that was one.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 10th, 2006, 11:26:08 AM
ahahaha - what if Byl takes a potshot at Anar at the rally, wounds him, and LD is waiting at the hospital to finsh him off, disguised as a nurse? >D

Tiberius Anar
Apr 14th, 2006, 08:39:31 AM
Sounds good to me. Just so long as I get to give my speech, I'll be happy! :D

Sansa
Apr 14th, 2006, 08:48:29 AM
shoot him before he can start talking! ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:26:25 PM
Charley, I need to talk to you about this thread.

Lamar Starworth
Apr 23rd, 2006, 06:30:34 PM
I was hoping for my character to participate, especially on something of this scale. Would it be possible for my character to hold some bodyguard position in all of this?

Freddie Tibodeaux
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:10:57 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Charley, I need to talk to you about this thread.

I'm back from camping :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2006, 12:35:52 AM
Didn't know you went. :o

Telan Desaria
May 2nd, 2006, 10:41:51 AM
Lamar - -yes, PM the CHancellor and ask him just what he wants you to do

Sanis Prent
May 8th, 2006, 11:49:05 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Didn't know you went. :o

Gonna talk or not? ;)

I'll be on tonight and looking forward to RPing productivity!

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2006, 04:22:03 PM
Ok!

I figure we should just take for granted that LD and Byl have already met, discussed terms, etc, and have a well thought out plan. That way when we start RPing we can just jump into the good stuff without having to mush through the boring planning bits (plus it's too late to plan via RP ;)).

A sniper shot would be most obvious, but I like the idea of sending in another assassin via ambulance under the guise of picking up a wounded Chancellor should the first attack fail to mortally wound.

thoughts?

Sanis Prent
May 8th, 2006, 08:22:18 PM
I like the ambulance idea.

As for the primary assault (I guess Byl would do that?) I'm thinking the mindset of the Jackal is the order of the day. Public and Brutal. The Empire is the kind of regime that lied through its teeth and covered everything it could about the Emperor's death. You have to kill their leaders where a lot of people can see them die, and you have to kill them in such a way that it leaves nothing to doubt.

Sniper shot is obvious, and not easy to pull off. It's also a pretty clean kill.

Explosives have the desired effect, but these are screened for religiously.

That being said, binary explosives are another issue. You can have two rather innocuous and inert compounds and all you have to do is find a way for these two safe materials to meet.

Say, the top of a podium is made of compound A, vacuum sealed and laminated in an osmotic cover, to look like a normal stick of furniture

Say you have compound B, saturated into a paper coaster that rests on top of the podium.

Still safe. The two materials are adjacent, but separate. What is required to complete the circle is something to dissolve compound B, and to wick that solution into compound A. Something such as the condensation from a glass of water that rests on that paper coaster.

>D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2006, 08:26:58 PM
Sounds good to me. :) I'm not feeling too good so I don't think I'll be on much tonight, but please go ahead and post. :)

Tiberius Anar
May 9th, 2006, 02:22:30 AM
So let me get this right. You are going to blow me up using my own podium? Let's just be clear, this is supposed to be an attempted assassination. I don't want to die or anything like that- it's so tedious.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2006, 08:47:54 AM
Yes yes, attempted. You shan't die.

Well maybe just a little.

Just kidding!

Tiberius Anar
May 9th, 2006, 12:51:33 PM
How very reassuring.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2006, 01:36:31 PM
If you want to twart it, just don't bring water up to the podium with you. :) The guy who talks after you can trigger it. ;)

Byl Laprovik
May 9th, 2006, 06:52:32 PM
Well, the obvious problem with such a bomb is that you cannot control at what point there is sufficient condensation to wick into the pulpit surface to cause a detonation. Further, we can't guarantee you'll actually be at the podium when such a level occurs.

In order to be discrete and deliverable, you lose the ability to control the variables that put it into action.

Tiberius Anar
May 18th, 2006, 11:37:44 AM
*Pokes posters (one in particular)* :Poke

Sanis Prent
May 18th, 2006, 11:49:19 AM
I thought you were up in this?

Tiberius Anar
May 19th, 2006, 03:18:43 AM
So did I. But I am not sure based upon LD's post. Shall I go ahead and post then?

*pokes self with stick*

Lilaena De'Ville
May 19th, 2006, 09:33:30 AM
Go for it. :)

Tiberius Anar
May 19th, 2006, 03:08:34 PM
Poking myself with a stick? Are you quite mad?

Oh wait. I see what you mean.

Ok. Dead tired now. Will post when energy levels and exams allow (I'm guessing Sunday/Monday)

Lamar Starworth ought to be joining the thread in command of a stormtrooper platoon. Perhaps he could check LD's papers?>D

Tiberius Anar
May 22nd, 2006, 11:39:29 AM
Alright. I have posted.

What should happen at this point in the rally is that one of the senior party men gets up and does and introduction for Anar as the Chancellor's motorcade rolls in. He keeps going until Anar is ready to make an entrance. Then Anar comes on- lots of cheering and shouting. Anar shakes hands with the party chappie and then turns to address the crowd. Speech and so forth is made and more cheering. Anar would then leave.

At some point, of course, this has to go wrong and Anar nearly snuffs it. Shall we see how that happens or does anyone want to plan it out first?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 28th, 2006, 11:16:18 PM
I think that we can play that part by ear. We all three understand how it's basically going to play out (just as you laid out in your post) so it shouldn't be a problem.

oh and I'm back from vacation now. So, Charley, post! :D

Tiberius Anar
Jun 5th, 2006, 03:00:46 AM
Ta-dah. Without prompting!

Tal Kellison
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:22:57 PM
Can Tal jump in to this thread too? Rather than being at the rally (which he would have given his right testicle to be at) he's stuck on the Termagent, but he has his eyes glued to the screen. It might be nice to show that this type of propaganda isn't totally useless, that some people would be eating it up like mom's best meatloaf.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:25:36 PM
Sounds good to me. :) Go for it.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 6th, 2006, 04:29:34 AM
I just love the way Tal is written. It always gives me a chuckle. Brace yourselves for pompostity from the podium. I shall give you openings to post as I ramble on. I wouldn't want y'all to get bored :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2006, 11:24:50 AM
We'll be on the edge of our seats. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Jun 17th, 2006, 09:03:43 AM
I take it you have now got back ache. Sorry I took so long to post. I went home for a few days and immediately succumbed to the common or garden cold. I only ever seem to get them in the summer which is v. irritating. Posted now.

And I rather liked Lamar's post- thought he had decided to shoot me to liven things up!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:01:50 PM
We'll leave you ONE leg. ;)

edit: I'm just sort of waiting around, so go ahead and skip me this turn. So Byl is up. :)

Sam
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:08:45 AM
Someone shoot the ol' windbag already!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:17:58 PM
But he SO wanted to give his speech!

Tiberius Anar
Jul 18th, 2006, 11:27:05 AM
I am still alive. I have no excuse for not posting. Awfully bad form to go silent for so long. Will post asap. My sincere apologies to you all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 20th, 2006, 11:37:55 AM
it IS awfully bad form. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Jul 26th, 2006, 06:43:29 AM
:p

Posted. There will be another one or possible two and then I can nearly get blow to bits.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:16:10 AM
ok :) excellent

Tiberius Anar
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:52:33 PM
Isn't it just!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:56:47 PM
Well, we'll have to wait and see. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:27:18 PM
Ok. Here's what I am going to do. I am going to give someone a chance to post, I don't mind who and then I am going to have Anar finish his speech. As the audience yells itself to a standstill, Anar will take a drink of water and then leave. As he is walking away, the chemicals will do their bit and he'll disappear in a cloud of smoke- live in half the living rooms of the Empire.

Then we can have some additional fun at the hospital.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:30:19 PM
>D Sounds good to me. :)

Tiberius Anar
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:33:25 PM
I love it when she does that. So deliciously evil yet so lovable at the same time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:52:54 PM
Someone will be having fun at the hospital. Or, the drive over. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Aug 8th, 2006, 07:24:09 AM
Posted.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:27:59 PM
Ah, and now the fun begins.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:41:21 PM
I think Byl should post next, as the person with the best idea of exactly what's happening in the next few seconds. :)

Lamar Starworth
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:27:59 PM
And next would be you?

Then from there everyone would fall into any fitting place.

Tiberius Anar
Aug 9th, 2006, 02:56:05 AM
Or, in the case of Anar, the floor.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:22:18 AM
I was going to say: in the case of Anar, into a pine box. But I'll settle for the floor. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:00:30 AM
Ambitious though some of the party members are, I doubt that they carry around a coffin on the off chance that the General Secretary might wish to avail himself of it.

Tiberius Anar
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:41:34 AM
Hellooo, emerald city what's doing what's happening? Indeed, what is happening?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2006, 11:09:51 AM
That's a good question.

Hold please... ... ... ... ...

Tiberius Anar
Aug 14th, 2006, 11:21:07 AM
Well there's a novelty, Dire Straits whilst on hold. Rather ironic, too, considering...

Byl Laprovik
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:01:52 PM
I'll post tonight. Sorry I've been busy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:08:20 PM
There's no busy in roleplaying!

;)

Tiberius Anar
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:36:11 PM
I dwell in a glass house, so I really ought not to throw stones.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2006, 02:02:54 PM
People who live in glass house should dress in basement.

Bette Davis
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:34:42 PM
Looks like we're rockin' and rollin' now, folks. :D

Byl Laprovik
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:36:14 PM
Ohhh yeah :cool

Tiberius Anar
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:33:05 AM
Really?

*scampers off to look at the thread*

Tiberius Anar
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:48:42 AM
Posted.

The bodyguards are going to race Anar out through the building to the speeder park where they will be expecting to find an ambulance. Oh LD...

Bette Davis
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:52:22 PM
:crack

She'll get right on it. >D

Tiberius Anar
Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:08:12 AM
Well, I go away for less than two weeks and look what happens. Ack! I'm not even sure that I am logged in right now.

Anyhoo. Looked at the thread. Shall I?

Tiberius Anar
Sep 8th, 2006, 05:08:36 AM
I have taken that gaping silence as a yes. Posted!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 9th, 2006, 10:10:32 AM
Oh yes, you should have posted. And you did! Huzzah!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 9th, 2006, 10:16:13 AM
The hell... ??

Is it my monitor, or did you give your avatar a black eye o_O

Tiberius Anar
Sep 9th, 2006, 03:18:32 PM
Indeed I did and stitches, too. It seemed appropriate given the current thread.

It is a shot from the wonderful House of Cards Trilogy in which Ian Richardson stars as the deliciously machievellian Francis Urquhart. You may recall I told you about it quite a while ago. That's the character ruminating to the audience after a car crash. Intimations of mortality and plots to get rid of him. Good eh?

Tiberius Anar
Sep 19th, 2006, 05:25:04 AM
We seem to have ground to a halt again.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 19th, 2006, 08:13:11 AM
I noticed that as well. I suppose I could just ignore all the other people in the thread and simply continue. :\

Titus Aelius Malleolus
Sep 19th, 2006, 08:17:04 AM
I'll post today...:\

Tiberius Anar
Sep 19th, 2006, 03:03:42 PM
It is not a problem. I just thought I would get this thing back on the radar, as it were. It would be shame for it to die after so much wonderful work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 28th, 2006, 04:01:00 PM
Are we still waiting on Charley?

Tiberius Anar
Oct 11th, 2006, 04:02:10 AM
Apologies for the long(ish) silence. I returned to Univeristy at the start of the month and spent my first week sheparding new students through the shift to life in Hall. I am settled in and ready to post again. Whatho!

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 12th, 2006, 06:06:53 PM
I think we're still awaiting Charley, the diva. ;) :mneh

Good to hear you're all settled and ready for more RPing! :D

Ira Yahff
Oct 14th, 2006, 11:46:03 AM
**Pokes Charley**

You like to move it, move it, move it.
Now MOVE IT :)

Tiberius Anar
Oct 19th, 2006, 02:43:19 AM
Hurrah for Charley! Whose turn is it now? Mine?

Ira Yahff
Oct 19th, 2006, 10:54:56 PM
I believe so.

Tiberius Anar
Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:57:41 PM
Oh how embarrassing!

Tiberius Anar
Oct 29th, 2006, 08:12:15 AM
Right, got a small case of writer's block on this.

The agent will report in. The report will take a couple of minutes to filter through to the detail commander who is trying to figure out where Anar has gone. He will realise that the ambulance arrived too quickly and then a massive response will insue, with the immediate area being shut down and LD having to evade capture.

I've posted the first bit but if anyone had got a better approach I am open to suggestions.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2006, 07:54:37 PM
I posted last. So all you guys are up next. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Nov 27th, 2006, 06:10:58 AM
My apologies. I have been rather distracted with work. Argh! will do my best to post this week.

Byl Laprovik
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:20:09 PM
Better late to this black tie affair than never :cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:45:00 PM
Hey, its your funeral.

:lol!!!!!!

Ok seriously, don't worry about it. Just post when you can. :)

Byl Laprovik
Nov 28th, 2006, 12:58:41 PM
I posted :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 28th, 2006, 07:42:12 PM
*faints*

:p

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:35:38 PM
Anar - you've been given a gift. Your LIFE.

Now, IC please don't go around blabbing about how LD let you live. Everyone in the INQ and especially Khendon needs to think that LD tried valiantly to kill you. >D

Byl Laprovik
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:56:43 PM
We're talking about this chicken as if he's suddenly out of the pot or something. I don't have the burden of LD's loathing of Khendon to get in my way.

:) Hope old people can run fast!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:12:25 AM
But, Byl isn't near them. :mneh

Tiberius Anar
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:22:56 AM
Well I did not see that coming! I really ought to think ahead next time...

Byl might not be nearby but nor are Anar's guards. A little race seems appropriate. The Empire's best trained bodyguards against Mr. Laprovik's urine fuelled escape bid?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:38:04 AM
You didn't see it coming because I just thought it up the night before. :D