PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Rebellion

Park Kraken
Mar 11th, 2006, 05:31:34 AM
The old classical, dating from 1998, real-time strategy. Who all has the game on these here boards? I've recently dug out the game and have played a few rounds, some as the Empire, and some as the Rebellion. I can offer up a thorough description if wanted, but it's pretty cool. Graphics are pretty good for a game of it's time period. But I just like to play it for the big fleet battles that can occur over a period of time.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 11th, 2006, 12:05:25 PM
It's an amazing game.

I bought the CD about 2 years ago or so online and have played it a thousand times since.

The fleet battles are more epic than in Empire At War. Honestly, they should've followed SW Rebellion more when making Empire At War.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 11th, 2006, 03:07:50 PM
I had it, can't find it now. I actually would rather play Empire at War than Rebellion. It just seems more well rounded, more user control. I enjoy Rebellion, don't get me wrong, but I feel EaW took what Rebellion had, and expanded on some of the weaker areas.

Park Kraken
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:17:42 PM
The only other game I think that has more epic space battles, would be that mod for Homeworld II, but I haven't actually played it yet. But judging from the screenshots, it's basically textured to where the Star Wars ships replace the Homeworld ones, and the gunfire is replaced by turbolaser, ion cannon, and proton torpedoes. For example, the carrier unit is replaced by the World Devastator.

But yeah, awesome game Rebellion. I'm trying to beat the Empire in a 200-planet game, but I can't just seem to find Vader anywhere. And I keep on losing Bulwarks and Liberators to those darned LNR-IIs. But that's only because I don't bother with the sabotage option that much. :D

Khendon Sevon
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:25:20 AM
The Homeworld mod does have larger space battles with more types of ships. However, the AI is horrible and is far too easy to defeat.

Atreyu
Mar 12th, 2006, 09:20:43 PM
I remember that game - barely. Never really played it much. i remember from reviews at the time that whilst many liked the game, many game ciritcs felt it should have been turn-based and not real-time.

I might try and find an old review in my bookshelf when i get time and upload it here (for fun). :)

Reshmar
Mar 18th, 2006, 11:26:59 AM
The Game Rox. All I need to say.
But I will say More. Rebellion is better in some ways then Empire at War but I enjoy Empire at war more. The battle and Ai is far better and the weapons fire is better. Rebellion got to me when i was waitning for my ships to fire for long periods of time.

If Empire at war had the 200 systems of Rebellion and upped the max fleet size so you could use more than 5 Star Destroyers at one time it would so be the better game.

It also needs more of the Ship classes from Rebellion.

Telan Desaria
Apr 6th, 2006, 08:22:35 PM
I actually do not like Rebellion for the fleet battles because I cannot figure out how the damned engie works in assigning targets, et al. Usually I fast mode the battle and let the computer do it. If I could figure out the game-battle simulator, I would enjoy it immensely.

BTW - that game was created eight years ago. I feel old.

....at 22

Natia Telcontar
Apr 7th, 2006, 06:38:55 PM
I've never really gotten the hang of Rebellion, though from watching Leten play it, it does seem interesting.

Telan, if you feel old now, just wait when you reach the quarter century mark. That can really make a person feel old.

Jaime Tomahawk
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:11:40 AM
If a computer game mayes you feel old, believe me you aint got much to worry about.

Park Kraken
Apr 9th, 2006, 10:21:32 PM
Ok, for the battle simulator, there are a row of numbers across the top representing capital ship battlegroups, and colors representing starfighter squadrons. You click on these in order to assign them orders. These appear in the top right hand area, and can be anything from engaging capital ships only to engaging starfighters only, or once you have selected the units you can click directly on the enemy ship you wish for them to engage and destroy. Once you have assigned your ships accordinlgy, click on the unpause button, which I believe looks like a round record button if I remember correctly.

Err no wait, it looks like the standard pause symbol I believe.