PDA

View Full Version : Survey!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:53:12 PM
Please take a few moments to satisfy my curiousity.

What makes you excited about roleplaying?

Why do you roleplay at Sw-Fans?

What is your favorite Sw-Fans roleplaying memory?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:33:44 PM
I like writing other stories with other people on the internet.

Because I tried other places and the people didn't roleplay or write anywhere near as well. In short: many of them were stupidheads.

Some of my best writing and roleplaying was Darkside Milivikal. I got a lot of compliments saying that she was intensely creepy. For OOC stuff, I've probably outdone most of you all, but being sloshed in Bama with Charley was awesome. "AFK tornado."

Trilby Benedetta
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:43:32 PM
See Morgans' answers.

I like writing with the people who rp here; I've tried to rp on other message boards, and the quaility/tone of the writing put me off. As well as the lack of interest other rpers from those boards showed in doing any writing what-so-ever.

If by favorite experience, you mean what kind of threads do I enjoy (mebbe?), uh, I have no idea. Ones that don't die? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:51:42 PM
I altered the question - I was interested in people's favorite memories of RPing. I dunno, make something up.

Wyl Staedtler
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:09:43 PM
1. Much the same as everyone else really; I'm a drama nut too and love to try on different skins, so roleplaying/writing is just another way to explore a new type of character.

2. Yus, other people on other boards tended to be stoopid. Also I really didn't like the whole "omghangwithusinthisgroupherecuzwe'rethecoolest"-ness of many groups. It's been said that 'Fans is 'cliquey', but I've found it's just a matter of not being retarded which equals the amount of fun one has.

3. Haven't been here long enough to make any :) On a personal level, I really enjoy the experience of coming home from work, strippin' down to my delicates, and checkin' the boards. :thumbup

Byl Laprovik
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:44:31 PM
1. I like to get a quick round of posting with one or more people in which we belt out a few dozen posts a night. I like being able to make a plan work, or to really get into the guts of one of my characters. Its very fun to interact with a few really talented people here.

2. I'm extremely creative, but too lazy to write a novel or anything productive like that. Also, I am too poor, lazy, and not nerdly enough to MMORPG.

3. My early Sanis stuff stands out as incredibly fun in my mind. It could be nostalgia at work though. Either that, or how I first met Christin and Rie, because those were both very strange encounters.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 8th, 2006, 10:01:43 PM
1. I love to write, and while I know that I sometimes get ahead of myself, it's nice to interact with people who like the same things I do.

2. It's strange; I've tried RPing at other sites, but I guess I could never really get acclimated enough. Fans was the first place I really felt challenged as a writer, and I continue to feel that way which is wonderful.

3. My favorite moment has to be the time that James IMed me and started yelling at me cause he thought I was killing s'Il :D And for just general board memories, I'd have to say the night Holly and I, try as we might, couldn't get drunk :D

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:23:12 AM
1. I love it when you're just chatting with someone, brainstorming some ideas, and you suddenly hit on something awesome and fresh. I love the challenge of trying to create new and interesting characters (I suppose that's why I've had so many). Like Charley said, I really enjo trying to get into their heads.

2. It's just become force of habit now :p It helps that I know most people here, and that there isn't the pressure of having to rise up through the ranks again.

3. My favorite memory is probably being part of TSE. It was the first group I was part of, so I have a lot nostalgia for it and its members. I think some people saw the group as insular, but I really felt like part of a cohesive team there. It was a great experience and the people I interacted with their really shaped the RPing I did from then on.

Serena Laran
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:24:48 PM
1. I get excited about RPing when I'm in the middle of a really interesting RP that just seems to flow easily and everyone in it is having a good time and the story is new and fresh.

2. I roleplay at Sw-Fans because I like it here. Most of the posters here can spell and use punctuation, and it feels like we're always striving to write at our highest potential and pushing to do more.

3. My favorite memories of RPing are when I had first started and Live Wire was training Lady DeVille over MSN messenger. So much fun. :D

Khendon Sevon
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:56:01 PM
1. Everything I do in life is somehow related to storytelling. I can’t help it, I just love to tell stories. That’s why I write poetry, lyrics, why I started taking vocal lessons, it’s why I draw, and why I write here. So, roleplaying (DnD or here) allows me to express opinions and concepts as undertones (or overtones?) of more elaborate, creative works.

2. SWF is a haven for storytellers. It’s a place to practice an intricate art in a world where easy satisfaction and simplicity are pulling apart the desire for passionate creativity, intricate dream worlds, and fantasies that go beyond what’s been done before.

It’s a place to write with people who actually want to write (And tell stories with other storytellers). That’s what makes me excited.

3. My favorite roleplaying moment would be when Kyry beat up Khendon :) Though, I have so many good RPing memories that it’s very, very difficult to choose. Ah, there are so many more memories in the making now!

Mandy with an I
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:42:36 PM
3. I remember when I first started rping and asked Ogre to be my master at TSE :lol I'd have to say one of the funniest moments I rped was introducing Jamals'...twins :mischief to Dae Jinns' lightsaber. And I do miss some of the really weird things we used to rp at TSE, like weddings. And stripper parties.

I'd have to say my best memories probably aren't rp-related at all; more of them have to do with the good friends I've made here - like staying at Christins and meeting Mark, or just chatting with everyone over IM.

Jaime Tomahawk
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:01:33 PM
1) I get a kick out of inventing, digging into a character and bringing out what they think, feel or do

2) SW-Fans isnt retard tolerant. And as others have said, the quality is better, measureably so. It's brain food.

3) Umm..... geez. Too many. Pulling hte rug out from under Itala, Darth Chicken, The Jedi Council war, wirting rolepays.... but OOC it is always going to be finally meeting people I talked to for years and blowing up Elmo in the USA

Jorshal Vuntana
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:02:13 PM
What makes you excited about roleplaying?
I'd say getting an oppertunity to brainstorm and come up with a story that I'd be satisfied to read. THough I have yet to do something that meets all my expectations, but the trill is working towards that goal.

Why do you roleplay at Sw-Fans?
What initally attracted me to the site was the fact that it was free. When I went out looking for a Star Wars roleplaying site I found way to many that wanted my money and an application and Fans never required any of it. I could make a character, and join one of the many open threads and have a good time crafting a story. Since then I've stuck around because I'm so used to the place and the characters. Having characters that are established in my mind as major people, though I may never have interacted with them, and getting the sense that there is world out there and my characters fit into it somehow.

What is your favorite Sw-Fans roleplaying memory?
I have two. Roleplaying with Je'gan Olra'en is one, that guy used to constantly floor me with quality writing and an interesting character. I loved collaborating with him.

My second favorite memory was after the summer of 2005 watching TSO come back to life after no one had posted there in months. Now there are so many talented writers posting there and doing so consistantly I'm just in awe. It feels good to see something that I'd been writing for for years still standing strong.