PDA

View Full Version : Natalie Portman: Gangsta Rapper

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:35:01 AM
http://www.nbc.com/Video/videos/snl_1439_natalieraps.shtml

^ This amuses me so much. It's a skit from SNL, in which Natalie Portman does a gangster rap about her life.

Darth McBain
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:42:44 AM
:lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 7th, 2006, 09:45:47 AM
Holy crap, Natalie + short hair = incredibly hot

Khendon Sevon
Mar 7th, 2006, 10:34:30 AM
Meh, I don't like the short hair.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:20:45 PM
I like it. :thumbup

I recorded that SNL - haven't watched it yet. ^_^;

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:06:04 PM
Loved it!

And I think I like her better with longer hair. But I don't hate. <3

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:10:18 PM
She looks so cute with the short hair. Like a little pixie.

A gangster pixie :D

Zereth Lancer
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:03:07 PM
She looks like she's twelve.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 7th, 2006, 05:18:32 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
She looks so cute with the short hair. Like a little pixie.

A gangster pixie :D I agree and I do think it looks pretty hot.
Originally posted by Zereth Lancer
She looks like she's twelve. I dunno which 12 year olds you're hanging out with that are shaped like that o_o

Byl Laprovik
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:31:51 PM
Ahahaha I love the Easy E "Gangsta Gangsta" homage. Thats hilarious.

Her voice is almost as high as his was :D

Danni Reyok
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:42:54 PM
...............................damn, that was wicked awesome!

:thumbup

Rutabaga
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:52:22 PM
:eek :lol

Yog
Mar 8th, 2006, 09:49:04 AM
Hahaha, that was amazing

Mitara Sinar
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:10:14 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I dunno which 12 year olds you're hanging out with that are shaped like that o_o

I've seen it. Though most of the 12 year olds that are shaped like that are faking themselves up to look older, so they can buy booze, or sell themselves on the streets. At least those are the ones I’ve seen. Then you see them at school the next day when you are doing a teen violence talk to the grade 6-7 classes, and you can just see that those kids are trying to hide from your gaze. In class they look like normal kids. It's just sad that some of them have to fall so far down the dark path, at such a young age. But I'm off topic.

As for the video, I know it's not really what she's like, but there will be children that see that, and they will not. I find it grotesque that she would openly go on screen and bash her own reputation like that. Her use of language and violence, and her condoning of drunk driving, drugs, free sex, hitting children, and cheating through school are nothing more than disgraceful!! I've just spent the last 4 weeks using my status as a police officer to go to the schools and provide education against all that stuff. None of that stuff is joking matters, and I'm ashamed that any sensible adult could possibly find that funny.

But other than that I don't have an oppion.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:18:34 PM
I'm not from the US, but as far as I can tell SNL is an adult comedy show. Kids shouldn't be watching it anyway - and if they are, and get their heads all in a spin because of it, then blame their parents.

Serena Laran
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:26:42 PM
It doesn't even start until after 11:30 at night. It is certainly not intended for children to watch.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:44:53 PM
Besides, the children of America have a lot worse influencing them. As a college student, I'll attest to that.

And, ultimately, it's the parents.

And she still looks better with longer hair ;p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:58:27 PM
IMO the causes of the degeneration of our society are parents who expect everyone else to take an interest in parenting their children. The school system is not responsible for raising your kids. TV producers are not responsible for raising your children. The Government, God forbid, is certainly not responsible for them!

PARENTS need to police their own children, raise them with the ability to make their own moral judgements, and not be afraid to discipline them when it is needed.

People who think otherwise are basically flushing the next generation down the toilet.

But I digress.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:01:29 PM
I was raised on a diet of violent cartoons and videogames, and look how I turned out? Just fine! :cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 9th, 2006, 10:44:52 PM

^_^; yes yes, you're fine! :D

:uhoh

Liam Jinn
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:07:31 PM
Originally posted by Mitara Sinar
I've seen it. Though most of the 12 year olds that are shaped like that are faking themselves up to look older, so they can buy booze, or sell themselves on the streets. At least those are the ones I’ve seen. Then you see them at school the next day when you are doing a teen violence talk to the grade 6-7 classes, and you can just see that those kids are trying to hide from your gaze. In class they look like normal kids. It's just sad that some of them have to fall so far down the dark path, at such a young age. But I'm off topic.

As for the video, I know it's not really what she's like, but there will be children that see that, and they will not. I find it grotesque that she would openly go on screen and bash her own reputation like that. Her use of language and violence, and her condoning of drunk driving, drugs, free sex, hitting children, and cheating through school are nothing more than disgraceful!! I've just spent the last 4 weeks using my status as a police officer to go to the schools and provide education against all that stuff. None of that stuff is joking matters, and I'm ashamed that any sensible adult could possibly find that funny.

This skit is supposed to be funny, and it is. Come on, it's SNL. If this were the 50's I might see why it is you're complaining, but it's not. This is all in good fun, whether or not you see it that way.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:24:24 AM
We are, however, all entitled to our own opinions here at Sw-Fans. :mneh

*tackles Liam* omg long time no see!

Liam Jinn
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:09:36 AM
Mrs. LD, control yourself. :p

I never left ;) Even if my Avatar did...

Pierce Tondry
Mar 10th, 2006, 12:54:14 PM
Originally posted by Mitara Sinar

lol, so other than your opinion, you don't have an opinion? ;)

I got a kick out of it. Generally I find rap to be in poor taste, but the very paradox of a Harvard actress being gangsta was what made it funny for me.

I am not getting into any of the other parts of the debate. If you really want to discuss the merits of those thoughts with me, hit me up on AIM.

Figrin D'an
Mar 10th, 2006, 01:46:52 PM
I was amused.

And, I have to admit, Natalie seems to become more attractive as she gets into her mid-20s.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 10th, 2006, 02:59:02 PM
I got a kick out of it. Generally I find rap to be in poor taste Try some Aesop Rock. Try anything produced by Dan "the Automator" Nakamura.

Sanis Prent
Mar 10th, 2006, 07:08:46 PM
If a kid is watching a program that is sandwiched between real life murders and crimes in the evening news, and the Apollo comedy hour, then I think that kid has a lot of other stuff to worry about warping their precious little minds.

So I quote a parable that I learned at the tender age of ten, from the warrior poet Ice Cube.

To all of the little kids looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money