PDA

View Full Version : Operation Sanctuary

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:02:18 AM
The following is essentially my plan for Lion, although it can of course change to accomodate any RP propositions.

Following the Battle of Endor, Lion retreated with his (rather sizeable) battlegroup, using the Sanctuary Moon of Endor to shield his fleet from the sensors of the Death Star II and the pursuing Imperial taskforces that had been harrying Battlegroup Implacable since the beginning of the fight. The Battlegroup jumped a short distance from Endor, travelling along the famous Sanctuary Pipeline trade route to Sullust, then embarking on a long hyperjump along the Rimma Trade Route until the battlegroup reached the edge of the relatively unaligned Thyferra system. The fleet lurked on the outskirts of the Thyferra system for nearly a week, until scout ships reported that a force of Interdictor-cruisers and Imperator II-class Star Destroyers was closing on Battlegroup Implacable, blocking off soonest available hyperspace lane.

Admiral El' Jonson chose to drive his fleet at the weakest part of the enemy fleet, hoping to smash through and escape back towards Endor, but when sensors detected a second fleet closing on the Alliance Battlegroup from behind, Lion knew that the fight was lost and signaled a full retreat along an ancient, almost forgotten hyperspace route out towards the unknown regions, one that had been considered for use by the Outbound Flight project. Several smaller vessels were sacrificed to allow the majority of Lion's fleet to escape. It traveled along this highly dangerous hyperspace route for nearly a week; the fleet then emerged from the blind jump intact, but alone in the midst of the Unknown Regions; the maps of the route were so old that their current location is utterly unrecognizable.

Currently, Lion is conducting repairs on his Battlegroup and attempting to contact the remaining Alliance leadership. This task is complicated by the fact that the fleet has relatively few spare parts. Further compounding their troubles is the fact that Sensors aboard the Valiant and several other vessels continue picking up faint contacts, evidence of heavily damaged equipment...or something considerably more deadly.

(OOC: I intend for Lion to have a run-in with one of the species native to the Unknown Regions; whether it's the Chiss Empire or one of the "100 Threats" Admiral Voss Parck mentions remains to be seen. It won't be a very serious conflict, perhaps a small skirmish, and both sides will leave with very little knowledge of who the other was. If they could eventually barter with the locals for a set of current hyperspace charts, it would be all the better.)

STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:13:47 PM
Let me know if you need any assistance

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:25:20 AM
Wonderful. I completely forgot that we actually had a Chiss presence. ^_^;