PDA

View Full Version : Rooooar with the Devil [my music journal] ~ tons of mp3s

Khendon Sevon
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:33:03 AM
I’m completely in love with singing. It’s a new found form of expression for me.

So, why not start a little journal to keep track of my progress, my lyrics, and my recordings? Cool beans.

I guess I’ll start with this:

I’ve been taking vocal lessons once a week since the beginning of the semester. I’ve gone from having to try a few times to match pitch to being able to match pitch on my first try no matter the intervals, can pick out the notes in chords and re-represent them in voice, and various other fun, fun trix-ez that I’ll get into later.

Essentially, I’m making progress.

February 23, 2006
Thursdays are the best days of the week, although they’re chock full of classes. My 4:30 vocal lesson honestly makes my entire week happy and uplifting. Sometimes I dread going to lessons—uh oh, what if I stop making progress? But, after the first exchange of wry smiles, I enjoy it.

So, today I warmed up with intervals and then did a few scales with “gha” to help open up my higher notes and create more space in my mouth. In order to have a full sound you have to raise your soft palette (the spot that rises in your mouth when you yawn). So, I went “gha” ‘till I was hitting some medium high notes then switched to “gay” for the really high ones and back to “gha”. Eventful, no?

That took a while. My teacher and I tend to have discussions about nearly anything in the middle of practice and we spent a lot of time working on my higher notes.

Yay, I then attempted to use my falsetto register! The registers are like different areas of styles of singing, in a way. For example, the chest register usually consists of lower notes that are full and powerful (You can belt out higher notes, but it requires practice. It’s used in rock sometimes).

Anyway, I had to sing “la”. The main issue with me singing falsetto is that I crack up in between notes. My instructor said to, “sing like a girl.” It didn’t help, the imagery had us both giggling like we’d just gotten teeth removed and opted for the laughing gas.

So, I have another exercise to add to my practice at home—signing like a girl when no one is within ear reach so that I can build confidence in my falsetto. Hah, I love it.

My instructor then played The Impossible Dream on the piano (a Broadway song from Man of La Mancha sang by Don Quixote) and I sang. My tone and pitch are there, now we just need to “work on technique.” Yay.

This Sunday
I’m going to spend two hours in a practice studio with my cousin and his band working on rewriting and learning their music. Their previous vocalist was a tenor that liked to hit high notes and… that’s about it. I’m a baritone and my high notes are still a little weak—once I get my falsetto going it’ll be better.

Never the less, it’s going to be great! It’ll be the first time I get to sing with a microphone. I’ve heard the dynamics are different (the primary two relationships that I have to observe are distance and volume). My instructor told me to make sure I don’t “spit consonances.”

Newly Planned Projects
Two of my friends are music majors at Rutgers University. I actually just did a website for a studio they’re trying to start up.

They invited me to sing for their rock band over spring break (March 10th-19th) and I’ve agreed. They’re both very good musicians (Steve will be playing drums and Emilio guitar). Additionally, they’ve sent me some of their lyrics and I can definetly work with them. I sent some of mine and the response was, “we’re going to have a blindingly technical and well-put-together sound.”

Emilio believes that we three will write some amazing stuff. I have to agree. Emilio and Steve are both great guys and we seem to see eye-to-eye on many subjects.

We’ll be playing in their studio to start out with then might move to a bigger practice studio. Hopefully, we’ll record a song or two and I’ll get to post them on my site and link them here!

Yet more excitement :)

Khendon Sevon
Feb 25th, 2006, 11:39:38 AM
Sunday Practice
Sunday practice is going to be pushed back to sometime next week after my next lesson. Why? Because I’m talking to a drummer that I would love to have in the band and he can’t make it Sunday. Rather than try and put together the music sans drummer, my cousin (it’s his band, technically) made the call to push back practice until Steve (the drummer) can participate.

Chiropractor Project
So, I went to my chiropractor today for my usual, enjoyable correction and conversation. After he corrected my back, we started harmonizing! He was a member of a barbershop group (Tenor).

So, he gave me a baritone part from The Impossible Dream (a la barbershop, not the Broadway version I know) and we did some fun singing.

He’s going to get some more pieces and we might start singing more regularly. This will be GREAT for my rock singing when I’m in the studio. Knowing how to harmonize will make my producer (Gibson) not want to throw a guitar at me (Note: he’s a nice guy and I haven’t worked with him yet, I just know the former vocalist in the band wasn’t very musically inclined, all he could do was hit damn high notes).

So, this should be great for my melody writing and my harmonizing, yay!

Three in One Project
So, I vowed to write three distinct songs from Friday to Sunday this weekend. Why? Because I need practice writing meaningful lyrics.

Here’s Friday’s:

I see you in my mind’s eye,
Radiant as ever,
I hear you in whispered breaths,
Vivid as never, before,
Before,
The memory fades away.

You can’t go back,
This moment is lived, once,
You can’t go back,
Time goes backwards for no one.

I still feel your touch,
haunting my restless sleep,
I still feel your lips,
In a phantom kiss.

The memory fades away,
Everything becomes lost,
Shades of gray.

You can’t go back,
This moment is lived, once,
No, you can’t go back,
Time goes backwards for no one.

I look through scrapbooks,
Remember what I once loved,
Before, before,
Before it fell apart,
The glue came undone.

The memory fades away,
Everything becomes lost,
What once was,
Is undone.

You can’t go back,
You can’t return,
You can’t relive what’s done,
‘cause,
Time goes back for no one.

Lyrics Copyright (C) (P) 2006 Andrew Grapsas, All Rights Reserved. ;)

Khendon Sevon
Feb 25th, 2006, 11:25:16 PM
Three in One Project

Saturday's lyrics:

Have you ever, woke in an empty bed,
Wondered in your head,
Where she’s gone, away.

Have you ever, thought to yourself,
Why, oh why,
Did this happen, to me.

Maybe it’s destiny.

I say to you,
Break on free from fate,
It’s never too late,
To tempt fate,
Shun your broken luck.

Break on free from fate.

Plunge, take your chance,
Grab hold the horns of fortune,
Deal, a new hand,

Oh, oh,
‘cause lady lucks not your friend,
Oh, oh,
‘cause we make our own dreams.

Break free, free from fate,
It’s never too late,
To break free from fate,
Shun your broken fortune.

maybe it’s destiny,
you throw aside chance,
grab hold, grab the helm,
break on free from fate.

And,
Have you ever, woke in an empty bed,
Wondering in your head,
Where she’s gone, away.

Have you ever, thought to yourself,
Why, oh why,
Did this happen, to me.

I tell you, it’s not destiny.

Lyrics Copyright (C)(P) 2006 Andrew Grapsas, All Rights Reserved. ;)

Khendon Sevon
Feb 27th, 2006, 12:41:59 AM
Sunday's Lyrics
This one needs a lot of rework. I need to remove every time I used "love" it's just... niah.

Never the less, it's the best I could do. I had a serious lack of inspiration and one of my friends talked me through it, lol, I love her. Damn that word!

I never say it, save to myself,
I never do it, only in my mind,
Oh, I’m chasing stars,
Oh, I’m dreaming, all the time.

Where has cupid gone,
I am so blind here,
Hand groping, searching, hoping.

Ah, ah ee ah,
There’s nowhere, no nowhere,
I’m here all alone,
To let myself go.

And I’ve so much to say,
So much to express,
My voice locks up,
When I see those brown eye-e-eyes.

Oh, I’m chasing stars,

Ah, ah ee ah,
No right place,
And ah, ah, ee ah,
To tell you the truth.

I love you, yes I do,
I love you, you never knew,
Did you?
I love you, it’s simple and true,
Oh, I love you.

Oh, I’m chasing stars,

Ah, ah ee ah,
To say,
There’s nowhere, no nowhere

Ah, ah, ee, ooouu

I love you.

Lyrics copyright (C)(P) 2006 Andrew Grapsas, All Rights Reserved ;)

Arya Ravenwing
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:03:43 AM
Switch in "hate" for "love"

:D

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:07:41 AM
Really, you have to get some audio up soon. You're forcing me to make up my own melodies; it's an awful butchering.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:29:27 AM
I'm with Wyl. I demand recordings. NOW, or else :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:55:58 AM
Do you write your lyrics to music? I find that I can't write anything if I just sit down with a pen and try to come up with a song, but if I start to strum through a chord progression on the guitar, the words just come in response to the mood the sound creates. If that makes sense.

Khendon Sevon
Feb 27th, 2006, 11:29:30 AM
Hate will not be swapped into love’s place ;p (I know you’re only kidding) The entire point of the song is loving someone without them knowing. I think I need to allude to it more, though, rather than blatantly saying love.

Which means the following lines will have to be changed:

love you, yes I do,
I love you, you never knew,
Did you?
I love you, it’s simple and true,
Oh, I love you.

The entire point of this exercise was to create a couple sets of lyrics that probably will never be used, lol. I just needed to practice writing.

As for writing lyrics with music: yes, yes, and yes ;) Right now Emilio is recording bass and guitar parts for some of the songs his band wants me to sing. So, we’re all going to sit down and write lyrics together.

I can write lyrics without music, though, as was done here. I've gotten used to creating rhythm in writing through poetry and thinking about melody is starting to come second nature.

I’m also a guitarist. But, I don’t have the mutant ability to sing and play (at least not Rock/Metal) at the same time. I have written lyrics before while strumming on my acoustic or playing blues scales on my electric. I can never manage to write anything while playing aggressively, I become too focused (I’m no Dave from Megadeth).

These lyrics were not written with music. I did think of melody and a bit about where harmony could come into play; however, I don’t think these songs will see the light of day without a good facelift.

Oh, and as for hearing me sing ;) Spring break! I’ll be recording a bit with Emilio and Steve.

I need to practice with my cousin’s band to show them I have potential. Once that’s done, I’m not sure how we’re going to work out the practice/recording schedule. The good news is that they work with a studio right here in Hoboken and the engineer (Gibson) is brilliant.

So… recordings will eventually be here, no worries, lol. Just have a lot of work to do before I can get roughs up.

Mandy with an I
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:17:13 PM
Just call him and get him to serenade you, S'il ;)

The above lyric makes me think of the early Beatles. ^_^; But good work so far.

Khendon Sevon
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:50:32 PM
Speak of the devil...

Emil just sent me a track currently entitled "No Real." It's going to be a song about not knowing what is real and what isn't (kind of like a realistic dream, but, it asks the question of whether or not life is a dream).

Yeah, this is going to be a haaaaard song to write. The music is very complex (that's what happens when you have music majors) and they really gave it the space (didn't restrict it to pop standards) to become a strong, living piece.

We're talking about the vocals right now and I'm playing around with words and phrasing.

I think this is going to be a crazy, crazy song.

I don't have the newest version of the music. Supposedly, the new one has better drums (I don't know how, these are amazing), piano parts, and a much cleaner sound (the copy I have is a demo they made a year ago, Steve is going to send me the latest studio copy later).

This is going to be fun :)

Khendon Sevon
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:29:01 PM
Another Thursday

Voice Lessons
My voice instructor is the coolest person ever. I learned the “ah-straw” technique tentatively referred to as the “sipping Coca-Cola” method.

My head register is becoming more powerful, less nasal, and I hit my higher notes through F easily. Up to E I can hold without any chance of breaking. I’m going to continue to practice like a madman, its helping.

When singing scales, the second to last note I kept flatting slightly. Bethany (my instructor, that’s her first name) said almost everyone does it. As soon as I heard the correct way to do it, pow! I had it (something she said that even many of her experienced students have problems with).

Just found out she’s working on her PhD in voice. She invited me to her thesis presentation.

And, I was given a new song to learn “Try to Remember” from the Fantasticks.

Saturday Practice
Practicing with my cousin’s band (bewild). Steve (the drummer we’re looking at) can’t make it because of midterms. I’m excited as all get go.

Now, I have to go do discrete math homework :(

EDIT:

Summer Project #4,000,000,000,000 (Yes, that’s 4 trillion)
My best friend Russ is a tenor and he wants to do some writing and singing over the summer. All very cool. He’s also a bassist and I’m a guitarist :) Should be another fun project.

Thursday Vocal Lesson, Oops I Forgot
Bethany told me I can bring in music I want to work on (rock, stuff I'm writing/learning) and lyrics. She offered her assistance. She’s so nice :)

Khendon Sevon
Mar 4th, 2006, 04:36:48 PM
Saturday Practice
I’m back now, sitting at my laptop.

At the practice studio, I had problems hearing myself. On top of that, no lyrics were brought for me to sing to, so it was all improv. Hah. Yeah. Fun.

Other than that, everything went awesome. I had a blast. Essentially, my cousin and his bassist said I have the look, the attitude, and the voice. I just need to work on rhythm and melody (hah, I could’ve told them that before we played).

My cousin says I have a pretty broad range and my high notes were good. Occasionally I went nasal (it creeps on me when I don’t pay attention to exactly how I’m singing). My tone and pitch are on, though, for the most part.

I have to work on melody, though, badly.

Mario, my cousin’s bassist, said pretty much, “keep doing what you’re doing and work on rhythm and melody.”

So, we’re going to jam again and actually use lyrics this time, lol. Oh, and well have a drummer, which will make it much easier.

Other than that, I adapted to using a mic pretty well, if I do say so myself. If the PA were better, though, I wouldn’t have had to use as high of a head voice, etc. Singing in an airy way was out of the question, it was, for the most part, power time.

Two hours of singing wasn’t bad at all, at the end I was still hitting the same notes, having just as much fun.

My cousin said he’s gonna’ send me to the studio (recording) so that I can hear my voice and get used to being there. So, sounds like more fun is in store :) Can’t wait!

Note to self: need to work on rhythm and melody.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:30:29 PM
Sunday Fun ~ Spring Break

This week is hell. I have Calc II homework, Discrete homework, a programming assignment in Data Structures, a Data Structures midterm, and a Philosophy midterm.

Good news is that I’ll be in the studio with Saturn’s Lantern Sunday! We’re going to work on “No Real” off the bat. I just showed Emil a copy of lyrics that he likes. Of course, they’ll have to be adapted; but, for now, my prep work is done.

Emil is currently putting down guitar and bass parts for two new songs. He’s actually almost finished. So, as soon as spring break starts, Steve will be recording drum tracks for those two songs while Emil and I write the lyrics—then I get to sing them.

So, next week is going to be busy and full of toil. Luckily, all of that labor will be spent hammering on the anvil of love instead of “bleh.”

Maybe, just maybe, by the end of next week, if you’re all lucky, I’ll have an unmixed clip or two ;) We’ll see what happens.

(Oh, and Emil is going to help me with my rhythm and melody problems, yay! Being in a band with music majors is fuuunnn!)

Khendon Sevon
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:53:41 PM
Thursday Voice Lessons…
…were canceled!

:( My voice instructor is under the weather.

But, tomorrow is Friday, and that means…

Friday Music Session
Emil and I are going to go over lyrics and just get a general idea of how “No Real” should be sung. I think he wants to show me some guitar parts, too, not sure.

On top of that, we have some lyrics to write for the other song. We’ll see how that goes. I’ve filled two pages with phrases and ideas and Emil and I talked about the idea and what we want everything to mean.

My Amazon.com order just got home, though :) So, that semi-counter-balances the loss of a vocal lesson in terms of my happy meter. I ordered a Blind Guardian DVD and two CDs (Bruce Dickinson’s newest solo album Tyranny of Souls and On Through the Night by Def Leppard.)

Yeah, so… maybe some tracks will be up by the end of next week… we’ll see ;) Depends on what the rest of the band wants to do, too. Depends on a lot of things, I guess. Like I said, we’ll see.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 12th, 2006, 08:30:35 PM
Sunday Music Session

Friday’s music session became Sunday’s music session. Musicians have a very interesting idea of making and keeping plans ;)

I actually got to go in the studio and work on a song. The first three takes said, “Andrew can hit damn high and low notes but has no clue about rhythm.”

The next two sets the response was, “Wow. That was a 180 degree turn.” The first three I had been singing with far too much power and maintaining very high notes. After a lot of discussion, we decided I should just take the lyrics I have and kinda’ let them flow instead of trying to fit all of them in.

The result?

Look at it this way. The voice is like a sail. Initially, I was using powerful gusts of wind to create powerful notes. I then realized the song was far too chill for that. So, I cut down how much the sail harnessed the wind and mellowed it out. On top of that, I used less notes and tried to keep it in minor instead of major.

So, they really liked what I did with the first verse. After that, we still need some work. I have to figure out how much power and from where I am going to sing—I still haven’t acclimated to how my voice sounds when recorded.

Tomorrow I’m going to record more with Emil and work on rhythm and getting even more of a feel. I really badly want to get a working set of vocals and develop a better sense of rhythm.

Possibilities Friday
Hah, the two bands I’m “singing” for might be coming together! Both sides (Saturn’s Lantern and BeWild) have expressed interest in working under the BeWild name on rock songs. So, we might be jamming this Friday at a practice studio—great news for me! The more time I get to sing, the better!

Khendon Sevon
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:18:47 PM
I did another fistful of sets today. I’m progressing more and more. Emil says he likes the timbre of my voice; we just need to get me used to working with music.

So, more practice needed, as was to be expected.

Keeping this update short, I don’t really have any energy and am just listening to music and trying to relax right now.

Right, more at a later date.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 17th, 2006, 05:52:31 PM
I now have a million and one suggestions on how to get a better sense of rhythm.

I emailed my voice instructor and she described a way to break down 7/8 into manageable, bite size pieces. I got some help from other voice instructors including metronome exercises.

On top of that, I talked to my friend and professional musician Tom Walker (www.tomwalkerband.com) and he gave me the best advice. Essentially, I’m to get a copy of Chapin’s book on rudiments, a pair of drumsticks, and cross train. Excellent idea.

I am going to be a music machine :) Voice lessons, piano lessons, my current guitar experience, some knowledge of drumming, an understanding of lyrical writing… I can’t wait to start recording.

On the recording note, I’m going to be ordering some gear from sweetwater.com. I’ve been talking to their staff, amazing customer service. I’m going to get a M-Audio FireWire Solo so that I can hook up a mic and a guitar to my computer and do some simple recording in Sonar 5 with a Shure SM58 microphone.

What’s that mean? We’ll see ;)

I can’t wait ‘till this semester is over. This summer is going to be full of merriment, melody, and most of all, memories.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 7th, 2006, 11:15:57 AM
I’m waiting for my last class of the day, so, let me update this a bit.

I just started a band with a new friend named Mike. He is a classically trained pianist that enjoys many of the metal/rock bands that I do (Falconer, Blind Guardian, Avenged Sevenfold, Jethro Tull, Megadeth, APC/Tool).

So, at the beginning of the week (Sunday) he and I jammed a little with me mostly playing guitar and not singing. Then, on Tuesday we jammed again; but, this time I showed up with lyrics. I had been talking to a friend online and she gave me ideas for lyrics. I pounded them out in about five minutes then rushed off to meet with Mike in the music room.

The result of three hours of toil: a song that is dark, full of energy, and described (by a music major friend) as “System of A Down meets Mozart.” Of course, she only heard the piano part (Mike made a midi of the song so that he could print the sheet music and I edited the midi to sound spiffy in Sonar and turned it into an mp3).

Last night Mike and I were bored so we went to the music room again with six pages of blank sheet music. I took one of the sheets, turned it over, and we began thinking of song ideas. Mike’s music is mostly dark and stormy (oh, he had never improv.’d before he met me, I kinda’ forced him out of his comfort zone repeatedly so that he would start thinking out of the music box—hah).

Needless to say, a band needs variety in its music. I broke out my guitar and started playing major chords that were bright and happy and he emulated them on piano. We started a song, fairly slow and happy, and I wrote about a verse of lyrics. Eh, we then found ourselves stumped and couldn’t progress from there.

So, we took a break from happy—happy is hard! We threw around ideas in E minor and Mike played some really, really dark, emotional chords—bam, I knew I had an idea. We took a few of them, I made my silly comments of “do bum, bum, bum” (where that’s a series of chords that I’m making the noise for) and pow, we had the first chord progression.

I started improving a vocal melody and then set down the first few lines of lyrics. Suddenly, I slapped on a twist and, in between cracking up, came up with the premise for an epic modern version of Romeo and Juliet—you have to hear it to believe it.

So, we have the first verse of that and a piano solo that occurs right before the first chorus. Going into the piano solo I hit the highest note I’ve ever hit and hold it for a good while. After hitting it the first time we were both like, “wow… that was high.” Good fun :)

After singing for 2 hours and pounding on a piano without a break and without water, we called it a night.

Mike just sent me the midi for the parts of the song he’s finished.

Sooooooo awesome.

Expect recordings sometime in the near future.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 8th, 2006, 04:49:27 PM
Decided to post some gear pictures (why not!)

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/gear1.jpg
Line6 PODxt
This is what allows me to emulate sick guitar rigs without actually having to lug my half-stack to my room/buying all of the amps/effects that are modeled by its software. Right now I’m hooked on the Soldano and Plexi Variac. There are so many great amps, cabs, and effects to choose from.

Last night—around 2 AM—I was jamming with headphones and experimenting with the “room” size. I switched over to cavernous and couldn’t help playing harmonic minor niftiness that reminded me of Tolkien’s stories.

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/gear2.jpg
M-Audio FireWire Solo
This is the little box (firewire interface, if you want to get technical) that allows me to connect my guitar and mic to my computer. It also has a headphone jack for low latency monitoring.

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/gear3.jpg
Desk... bleh
Picture of my desk in all its messy grandeur. That’s my laptop that overheats every couple minutes (HP + Compaq = Powerful Junk).

The black box with the blue lights is my 200gig external HD, so sexy.

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/gear4.jpg
Shure SM58
Speaking of sexy, this is my Shure SM58 dynamic voice microphone :) I’m still waiting on a cable from my buddy (he makes them himself and is giving me a $40 discount). Can’t wait to hook this thing up and play around with it. (I also have a mic stand I didn’t feel was worth taking a picture of).

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/gear5.jpg
Jackson RR1
From sexy to super, super, super sexy! This is my Jackson Customshop Randy Rhoads 1 Flying V with Eerie Death Swirl paintjob. Those are custom wound Seymour Duncan distortion humbuckers that chug along like nobodies business. Even when playing through a clean channel this thing sounds mean.

The strings are Ernie regular slinkies—next stop will be hybrids. I’m using .73mm Dunlop tortex (yellow) picks with this badboy.

Notice how “oooo”ing the eerie death swirl paintjob is? Oooooo….

:)

Khendon Sevon
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:16:51 AM
I got kinda' bored today and decided not to write an essay for school. Instead, I played around with one of Mike's midi tracks for a song we've been working on. (I've probably said it already but he writes everything in midi so that we can have sheet music to print).

So, a few layered midi tracks later, I had something interesting.

What'd I decide to do after that? Well, I had my PODxt sitting here... and my Jackson geetar. So? Hah, I added some scratch guitar tracks to make the song more interesting.

Check it out and make comments (No vocals, waiting for my mic cable):

www.roxxu.com/hosted/rest.mp3

Edit:

Fixed a couple problems, played around with a new guitar solo, and realized that my laptop needs more memory when 14 tracks running at once gave it a headache--and me.

www.roxxu.com/hosted/rest2.mp3

Khendon Sevon
May 9th, 2006, 08:46:06 PM
Previous mp3 with scratch vocals recorded through my Shure SM58:

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/rest2_scratchvox.mp3

Still don't know how I want to sing this song, exactly. (Vox done in one take).

Lilaena De'Ville
May 9th, 2006, 09:28:41 PM
It's... interesting. You seem to be off the beat a tad. :)

Khendon Sevon
May 17th, 2006, 11:02:14 PM
I'm always off beat :) Need a drummer.

So, I sat down and recorded some random guitar. Then I started improving vocals over the guitars.

No writing, just playing and fooling around:

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/fight.mp3

Done in under 1 1/2 hours.

Another one:

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/heaven.mp3 I've been really bored. I just held a poem I wrote a while ago up in front of me and sang lines that I liked. No instruments.

More quick improvs:

http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/bealone.mp3
http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/west.mp3
http://www.roxxu.com/hosted/anything.mp3

Khendon Sevon
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:27:10 PM
http://www.mythosstudio.com/deletesoon/arockalypse.mp3

Since today is 6/6/06 I had to do something special. It was done more or less in one sitting. The guitar was written mostly as I put it down. I think I'm starting to get a hang of "sprint" music making.

I had to take a break to eat dinner. That's the only pause I took in putting this together.

All guitars and vocals are me 100%, no one else helped me with anything. All missed notes, etc are to be blamed on me :)

Khendon Sevon
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:45:02 PM
http://www.mythosstudio.com/deletesoon/whitewitch.mp3

White Witch.

It's a simple story about a noble that is seduced by a witch and finds himself fighting a war for her. He ends up losing himself and all he loved.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:21:38 PM
http://www.mythosstudio.com/deletesoon/dyingwords.mp3

White Witch was torn apart in SomethingAwful's Musician's Lounge. This quicky is the result of me trying to do what they suggested.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:58:02 PM
Now for a song that includes drums!

No, you'll have to wait. I just spent 4 hours writing and recording the guitars. They're not as interesting as white witch's, they're more metal and less "ooo, FX are cool." In fact, there are no FX used. Just straight up heavy guitars being extremely angry.

Arockalypse is a horrible song, it's amazing how I realize that now a week later. It's like, you always think the music your writing is great. Then, you fall out of love with it and realize, "hey, it is junk!"

Hopefully this new track will be much cooler. I'm going to try to use more chill vocals and actually stay in tune and all that fun stuff. Wee.

Wish me luck.

Results will be posted, probably, tomorrow.

here are the naked guitars w/ drums:

www.roxxu.com/songs/stonedforsins_guitars.mp3

Edit:

Nevermind, no vocals going to be added.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:23:53 AM
www.roxxu.com/songs/thedance.mp3 instrumental with my new acoustic.

www.roxxu.com/songs/star2.mp3 improvised lyrics, weeeeee for not taking my craft seriously.

Instrumental made into a song with vocals:
www.roxxu.com/songs/seasrevenge.mp3

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 28th, 2006, 01:30:16 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
www.roxxu.com/songs/stonedforsins_guitars.mp3

I love this one - really good!

Khendon Sevon
Nov 3rd, 2006, 03:17:03 PM
Oh, semester is coming to an eeennnnd.

Tonight I have a voice recital at 8pm! And I have a cold! But, it's okay! My voice instructor said I sound great (yay).

I'm going to be singing This Nearly Was Mine from South Pacific (yay Bass-Baritone).

I'm also the first one up (yay nervous!)!!!!!!

I've been going over the piece soooo many times it's become a part of me. Monday I went over it twice, wednesday once, thursday twice, and today I'll have practiced it twice aaaannd performed it :)

It's a wonderful song, though, and I loooooove singing it.

Yay.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:07:04 PM
I just finished a semester of Elementary Harmony.

And I just got a copy of Finale.

Here's the result: www.roxxu.com/songs/HuntfortheUnicorn.mp3

Let me know what you think!

Khendon Sevon
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:52:15 PM
Hmm, seems the critics don't particularly like Hunt for the Unicorn. It's "baroque in a bad way."

I was told to use more chords and harmony and whatnot.

So, attempt two so far:

www.roxxu.com/songs/WarofKings.mp3