PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man: Back in Black? Spider-Man III Mega Thread

Rutabaga
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:08:40 AM
So apparently Spidey is wearing a black suit in Spider-Man 3...here's a first look at it:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3892

Is Ultimate Spidey on his way? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:53:58 AM
Maybe he's in Nighttime Stealth Mode.

It looks cool. :)

Darth McBain
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:16:00 AM
Looks pretty cool...

JMK
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:17:59 AM
Looks cool, I assume it's more of a symbol for the dark tone the movie will take.

Akrabbim
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:04:21 PM
Anyone think that might be Venom?

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:42:41 PM
I thought about it, but that looks like the regular Spidey suit, just in black. Which made me think perhaps it's Spidey when he's wearing the venom suit....

jjwr
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:43:27 PM
The Black Costume did play a huge part of the Spiderman Mythos, odds are this will lead to Venom in Spidey #4.

Way too much marketing tied with a Red Clad Spidey for him to totally abandon it, I'm guessing we'll see some of both.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:04:55 PM
I had speculated this was coming, I thought they would be moving into the symbiote costume which will lead to venom for spiderman 4. It looks cool so far.

Jedieb
Feb 25th, 2006, 10:23:38 PM
My only problem with the pic is that it just looks like a black version of the red and blue costume. The symbiote costume that Spidey got from Secret Wars was solid black with a cool white spider emblem on the front. I don't expect Raimi to even acknowledge that storyline, it wouldn't work for the movie, but I'd like to see this costume look more like the symbiote costume. That would also help introduce Venom. Right now there are so many rumors flying around about who is or isn't appearing in S3 that there's no telling who Spidey will be battling.

Mandy with an I
Feb 25th, 2006, 10:29:33 PM
They already have Topher Grace lined up to play Venom, don't they? o_O

Jedieb
Feb 25th, 2006, 10:33:46 PM
That's one of the rumors I've heard. I've also heard Grace's name connected to another villian. It's only a matter of time before the whole story gets leaked out. I'm not going out of my way to chase it. Everything I've read so far makes me think this third one is going to keep the series going strong.

Droo
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:33:52 AM
To be honest, the first thing I thought when I saw that was Batman. Or more appropriately, Batman Begins. I think the studio wants a grittier, darker Spiderman to compete with Nolan's Batman, judging by this teaser poster. I could be wrong but it just seems a little monkey-see monkey-do to me.

JMK
Feb 26th, 2006, 07:45:02 AM
A good point. It seems like that could be what they're trying to emulate, it could also be the natural progression of the story. Either way, that does NOT look like the symbiote suit. It's just the blue & red suit turned black.

Ryan Pode
Feb 26th, 2006, 12:53:12 PM
Perhaps he just fell into a bucket of paint.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 26th, 2006, 03:56:22 PM
It could just be a new look soley for a poster.

Oriadin
Feb 27th, 2006, 10:19:53 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
It could just be a new look soley for a poster.

That was my first reaction when I saw the poster. Could just be the ordinary red and blue suit, but brought to you in black and white?

Droo
Feb 27th, 2006, 10:37:18 AM
Originally posted by Oriadin
That was my first reaction when I saw the poster. Could just be the ordinary red and blue suit, but brought to you in black and white?

Nope. Sony have confirmed it isn't a black and white image of the suit. The suit is actually black.

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

Oriadin
Feb 28th, 2006, 03:56:00 AM
Can't really argue with that!

Ryan Pode
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:46:13 AM
Related PVP comic:

http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2006/pvp20060227.gif

Akrabbim
Feb 28th, 2006, 11:08:27 AM
I was thinking they were making Spidey in the symbiote suit look like that... maybe just beacuse it's be hard to make a perfectly smooth suit in real life without relying entirely on CGI.

Jedieb
Feb 28th, 2006, 12:58:51 PM
Over at AICN someone did some photoshop work on what a more comic book suit would look like. It looks pretty damn good IMO.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22584

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2006, 02:35:30 PM
Man, that photoshop job looks awesome. I vastly prefer that one over the raised webbing 'official' one.

JMK
Feb 28th, 2006, 03:02:28 PM
Agreed. Whoever did that is extremely good with photoshop.

ReaperFett
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:00:34 PM
Originally posted by Droo
To be honest, the first thing I thought when I saw that was Batman. Or more appropriately, Batman Begins. I think the studio wants a grittier, darker Spiderman to compete with Nolan's Batman, judging by this teaser poster. I could be wrong but it just seems a little monkey-see monkey-do to me.
Nah, that is classic Spider-Man, the black costume. It was going to happen at some point :)

Droo
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:54:23 PM
I understand the history of the black suit. I don't have a problem with it. I just think the whole mood of the poster seems to be an immitation of the gritty Batman style from Batman Begins. Maybe that is unavoidable though, considering the third instalment in the series will be getting, as much as I hate to use the term, darker.

And it's nice to see you posting around these parts again, old man. :)

Shawn
Jun 27th, 2006, 11:24:02 AM
Edit: Here's the official Teaser Trailer for Spider-Man 3: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

I could be wrong, but I think I saw a few glimpses of Green Goblin II in there.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:32:32 PM
Looks pretty cool, I can't wait for the Quicktime one. I guess this will be attached to Superman Returns. I see they are going with the symbiote storyline. I wonder how they are going to write where the symbiote came from?

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:40:44 PM
bleh

Sorry, I love red & blue Spidey best.

Jens Vec
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:42:32 PM
In the classic story, it was an alien Peter finds during the Secret Wars. In the Ultimate story, it's created by the fathers of Peter Parker and Eddie Brock. I'm thinking it'll run more like the Ultimate version, given that there's absolutely no time to give the Secret Wars any decent coverage. The classic cartoon show had it come from space with astronauts who were collecting samples of asteroids/moon rock/space debris/whatever, so it might go that way too. I'm still betting on the Ultimate version though. It'd fit better to me, and Raimi's always been following the comics more than anything else.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:57:54 PM
Originally posted by Sorsha Kasajian
bleh

Sorry, I love red & blue Spidey best.

Well the red costume will be in it, it will just be the alien symbiote will take over his body at some point. When Spiderman is tearing off the costume that looks like a bell tower. I wonder if that will be when he realizes it. And yeah I can see GG 2. I couldn't tell if he looks like GG or Hobgoblin so we will have to wait on that. Very little Brock just one scene where he says "Parker." I like that because I want that to not be shown. We shouldn't see Venom until he becomes Venom. I am still beting that happens at the end of the movie.

JMK
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:06:05 PM
Originally posted by Jens Vec
The classic cartoon show had it come from space with astronauts who were collecting samples of asteroids/moon rock/space debris/whatever, so it might go that way too.

I'd put my money on this version. Jameson's kid is an astronaut and could be used as the person who brings it back to earth. I admit that introducing aliens in to the series would feel a little off but the foundation is there if they want to go that way.

Droo
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:08:47 PM
Damn, I wish I hadn't watched that crappy quality version of it now. I didn't think it would be up in Quicktime so soon. That looks awesome although I have to say, I dislike the idea of there being an organic symbiote that taints Peter Parker in the film. I'd rather there be a slightly more logical explanation for the change in the character, similar to how they created the Phoenix character in The Last Stand without having to go into all the outer space stuff. I'd like to see an explanation for the black suit, etc. without it being some alien entity or somesuch. Not that we know exactly what the explanation will be for it yet but it certainly looks like it's going to be something organic with a mind of its own.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:18:39 PM
Originally posted by Droo
Damn, I wish I hadn't watched that crappy quality version of it now. I didn't think it would be up in Quicktime so soon. That looks awesome although I have to say, I dislike the idea of there being an organic symbiote that taints Peter Parker in the film. I'd rather there be a slightly more logical explanation for the change in the character, similar to how they created the Phoenix character in The Last Stand without having to go into all the outer space stuff. I'd like to see an explanation for the black suit, etc. without it being some alien entity or somesuch. Not that we know exactly what the explanation will be for it yet but it certainly looks like it's going to be something organic with a mind of its own.

Well there could be a scientfic explaination. Maybe it is created by someone and it attaches itself to Spiderman.

jediSamson
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:03:01 PM
Just hope it doesn't stink as bad as the first 2 spidey movies..trailer looks weak..not a good sign >_<

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:04:05 PM
Originally posted by jediSamson
Just hope it doesn't stink as bad as the first 2 spidey movies..trailer looks weak..not a good sign >_<

consider me speechless o_O

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:10:01 PM

Well your entitled to your opinion. The second movie was awesome, IMO. The First one was average to me.

jediSamson
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:26:14 PM
I seriously, can not be the only person who thinks 1 and 2 were like two of the worst comic book movies EVER!!! worse than the first fantastic 4 movie >_<, it atleast had an excuse..low budget.

Spidey 1&2 had Very bad casting, horrible CGI and acting right out of clerks, just don't get it :huh ..but than again, diversity makes the world go round :rollin

Jens Vec
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:36:46 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Well there could be a scientfic explaination. Maybe it is created by someone and it attaches itself to Spiderman.

That's how it goes in the Ultimate universe. I really hope that's the way it works out. Harry could create it and then, as GG2, attach it to Peter and let it mess him up. Sounds like something a Goblin would do.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:43:28 PM

I'm agreeing with him. 1 was only okay at best. Two was awful.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:49:22 PM
Venom :D the CG of the symbiot looks cool. The plot summary that IMDB has up says that Jameson's son returns from space with a "mysterious sample", so that must be how they're introducing it.

Who was that blonde woman in the trailer? Did they cast anyone as Felicia Hardy?

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:13:41 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Venom :D the CG of the symbiot looks cool. The plot summary that IMDB has up says that Jameson's son returns from space with a "mysterious sample", so that must be how they're introducing it.

Who was that blonde woman in the trailer? Did they cast anyone as Felicia Hardy?

Gwen Stacey

jediSamson
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:17:09 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
I'm agreeing with him. 1 was only okay at best. Two was awful. :eek :eek actually, really thought I was alone on this one.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 27th, 2006, 06:49:12 PM
I don't see why they have to mess with the comics to 'explain' the symbiote. It makes MORE sense to say "hey it's an alien symbiote" than to try to invent something that will anger the fanboys.

The plot summary that IMDB has up says that Jameson's son returns from space with a "mysterious sample", so that must be how they're introducing it.
I'm happy with this. :) It's a COMIC book movie after all, and spiders biting you won't make you into Spider-Man. Generally the better the writers stick to the source material, the better Spider-Man movie it will be.

Pluuuus, I heard that there are going to be 4 villians in this movie: Sandman, Venom, GG2 and... a mysterious fourth.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:11:17 PM
I have heard 4 different rumors about the 4th, from Mysterio, Shocker, The Lizard, and the Wolfman. I hope it isn't the wolfman. Shocker would be the easiest since he is an oaf anyways and could just be in the beginning and Spiderman stops him.

Shawn
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:08:51 PM
Well, unless I'm mistaken by who you mean by the "wolfman", isn't that J. Jonah's son? The movie is already kind of crowded, but it'd make sense that'd he'd have at least a cameo.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:15:32 PM
It is possible, but the Wolfman is a very lame villain as I remember in the Spiderman comics. Shocker or The Lizard would be better. I don't think they could do the Lizard right considering the crowded nature of the film though. Shocker would be the easiest and would fit in best with the film.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 28th, 2006, 03:57:49 AM
They already gave Doc Connors a cameo, so bringing in the Lizard wouldn't be too far fetched. I'd prefer him to Wolfman. I like werewolves as much as the next geek, but I'd rather see something different in Spiderman. It's a shame Doctor Octopus has been taken out, because it would have been cool to see the Sinister Six (Doc Oc, Lizard, Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Kraven). I suppose even with him not there, they would all make great individual/duo villains for forthcoming movies.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:02:07 AM
Glad to see that Lowell Mather's playing the bad guy in this one :D

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:13:34 AM
The Lizard is my favorite Spidey villain. Boo to Venom. :p

Rutabaga
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:15:37 AM
I saw the trailer on TV last night and thought it was pretty intriguing. I'm looking forward to it, especially since Spidey 2 was such a great movie. The first Spidey movie was okay but overrated, but 2 was terrific.

jjwr
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:28:25 AM
Saw the teaser trailer in front of Superman. The trailer got a very good reception from the crowd. Lots of shots of the black costume, plenty of turmoil. Great villian shots, this one is definetly looking good!

Jens Vec
Jun 28th, 2006, 09:30:46 AM
Wait, there's a Spidey trailer in front of Superman!? Holy crap, I'm gonna go see Superman now. Is it the same trailer as in the youtube link?

Shawn
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:21:30 AM
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/5695/spiderman3tsrh720p16wr.th.jpg (http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderman3tsrh720p16wr.jpg)
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/6339/spiderman3tsrh720p23xa.th.jpg (http://img277.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderman3tsrh720p23xa.jpg) - Topher Grace looks like he's on drugs. Again.
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9173/spiderman3tsrh720p32dp.th.jpg (http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderman3tsrh720p32dp.jpg) - The Mummy makes a guest appearance.
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9039/spiderman3tsrh720p42wj.th.jpg (http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderman3tsrh720p42wj.jpg) - Following daddy's tradition of having goofy costumes.
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/11/spiderman3tsrh720p58aw.th.jpg (http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderman3tsrh720p58aw.jpg)
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/774/spiderman3tsrh720p62gv.th.jpg (http://img277.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spiderman3tsrh720p62gv.jpg)

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:30:57 AM
ugh, the costume is awful. :(

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:36:21 AM
Actually, it's not that bad :)

Jens Vec
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:43:17 AM
Which costume? Harry's or Peter's?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:56:27 AM
I think they could have done with changing Spideys costume a bit, when he is affected by the symbiot. At the minute it just looks like he has a new black costume, not is covered in some alien goo.

JMK
Jun 28th, 2006, 12:28:22 PM
As Jedieb posted a while back, someone did a photoshop of what Spidey in the black suit should look like instead of what it is in the trailer:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22584

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:39:48 PM
I don't think I'm going to see this one. :(

:: falls out of thread ::

Jens Vec
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:02:37 PM
In Stan Lee's biography, he tells a story about how he wrote an issue of Iron Man that just plain sucked. He knew it, his staff knew it, but they didn't have anything else for that month. So on the cover, he wrote "We've given you so many good stories, you owe it to us to buy this lemon anyway". That's how I feel about this movie. The first two were so good, I'm going to go see this one anyway, good or not. And to wrap Stan's story, the issue sold just as well as the others, and fan responses to it praised Marvel's honesty.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:02:23 AM
I re-watched the trailer and I think that the black costume is ok. I mean, I know it isn't the symbiote suit from the comics, but it makes sense that if an intelligent goo climbed on Spidey it would simply cover what he has on already and copy it. Too bad he wasn't naked. I mean, good thing.

And Topher Grace is one of the better young actors in Hollywood, I'm really excited to see him in the movie. :D

Jedieb
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:53:13 PM
I think what Raimi is doing is just giving us an evil version of the red and blue costume. There's one shot of the symbiote jumping onto Peter's hand in the trailer and I think Raimi wants it to be a straight covering of the costume by a black colored entity. The long shot of Spidey staring at his reflection and seeing the original red and blue pretty much sums up the whole theme of the costume. What I saw in the trailer worked for me so I'm actually more optimistic about the costume now than the first time I saw it. Overall, the trailer looked great and I have high hopes 3 is going to be just as good as the first two.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 30th, 2006, 08:55:48 PM
Yeah me too, I am very hopefully that this one will be awesome.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 1st, 2006, 12:26:18 AM
Latest villian number 4 rumor:

Mysterio

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2006, 06:05:29 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Latest villian number 4 rumor:

Mysterio

Aw yeah. Kickin rad. My wish for the Sinister Six may yet come true.

Shawn
Jul 1st, 2006, 09:39:46 AM
Well, according to the rumor, he would be played by Bruce Campbell. So it may just be fan wishing.

Rutabaga
Nov 12th, 2006, 12:44:54 PM
ooooooooooooooooo, aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.......

http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spiderman3

Looks awesome :crack

Good glimpse of Harry as Green Goblin II, plus I think Thomas Haden Church is going to be terrific as Sandman. But, then again, he's terrific in everything he does :).

JMK
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:34:23 PM
Looks great, as usual. :)

jediSamson
Nov 13th, 2006, 03:21:23 PM
another horrible looking spider-man is on the way. I grew up a huge spider-man fan and what Raimi has to to one of my child hood hero's makes me wanna scream. As i have said before had he casted correctly they may have been decent, but he didn't sooooo.... atleast no matter how bad this one is, i will not disappointed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:22:25 PM
http://www.spiderman3oncomcast.com/ Third and final? trailer for Spiderman 3, including super spoilery Venom action. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:16:59 PM
Finally got to see Venom and he looks very cool.

JMK
Mar 25th, 2007, 06:20:49 PM
Looks good, but there's just so much going on.

Sandman, Harry, Venom, MJ...I guess I'll just have to see it more than once. :)