PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be available... Air Guitars!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:07:54 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4694482.stm

Take a look at the video in this article. Some Finnish guitars have come up with a way to make "air" instruments. They only drawback is that they look fairly ridiculous while playing the guitar :lol

Khendon Sevon
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:34:52 AM
I'll stick to my real guitar any day ;) Air guitar looks a bit weird when used on stage.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:39:18 AM
I was just baffled by the apparent ability to play a solo. It's got to be some complex technology. It was pretty funny when the reporter asked why he had chosen the Smoke On Water riff to play... well, it is the simplest riff in the world! :lol

Oriadin
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:45:13 AM
I saw that story myself and thought it was a bit wierd. Apparently they are also working on invisible drums too. Id love to be able to play the guitar but this? Really? Isnt it a bit... sad?

Khendon Sevon
Feb 15th, 2006, 11:05:06 AM
lol, instead of paying for lessons, they decided to spend their time and money on developing software ;)

Silly computer scientists... *goes back to reading his Data Structures book*

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:49:17 PM
Originally posted by Oriadin
I saw that story myself and thought it was a bit wierd. Apparently they are also working on invisible drums too. Id love to be able to play the guitar but this? Really? Isnt it a bit... sad?

I think it's just meant to be a bit of fun :mneh like video games such as Guitar Hero. If you check out the video, they actually do a demo of the drums, xylophone and some kind of tribal drum that they've also rigged up to be played with "air".

Oriadin
Feb 16th, 2006, 03:56:45 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I think it's just meant to be a bit of fun :mneh like video games such as Guitar Hero. If you check out the video, they actually do a demo of the drums, xylophone and some kind of tribal drum that they've also rigged up to be played with "air".

Im not sure. I was watching the news a few months ago and they were talking about air guitars and they have proper competitions! They had a woman playing the air guitar and she took it incredibly seriously. Like it was some sort of art form or something.