PDA

View Full Version : An Imperial Sniper infiltrates New York!

Pierce Tondry
Jan 31st, 2006, 11:46:15 AM
And by Imperial Sniper I mean me!

March 12-15 I will be in New York City with other members of VCU's Jennings Society (an economists' club) mostly on the school's tab. We will be touring the New York Fed, visiting a few sights, and may just get to see an episode of David Letterman. This will be my very first trip to New York and it promises to be an exciting one!

So my question is, who else has visited New York and what should I see there during any free time I may have? Also, if there is anyone who lives in the area and wants to catch up with yours truly to say hi, by all means let me know. It'll be great! (And here are some extra exclamation points just to signify my excitement!!!!!!!!!)

Edit: And by Jay Leno I meant David Letterman, since Jay Leno is in Burbank, CA. >_<

Khendon Sevon
Jan 31st, 2006, 12:27:08 PM
I'm in Hoboken, it's a city across the Hudson from NYC. Dunno what I'll be doing in March (class wise and project wise), but there's a good possibility I could say hi.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:34:32 PM
That would be cool. We can keep each other posted.

Ryan Pode
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:06:49 PM
VCU as in Virginia Commonwealth U?

Pierce Tondry
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:09:55 PM
That would be the one.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 1st, 2006, 09:47:10 AM
You realize that with the title of this thread the FBI will probably be looking for you, right?

;)

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 1st, 2006, 12:08:12 PM
Bah, the city. Here I was thinking you meant the state :p It's a nice place to visit every 6 or so years, you'll enjoy it. A lot to do, and to see. Every time I've been to the city, I've gone to see musicals on and off broadway. I went to ground zero, dined at some of the places there (have a slice of pizza, some of the best is there). Went to some of the big stores there, of course time square is a nice sight. Also, try to get the central park. I've never been there, but I did see it from down the street! Definately can't do everything all in one day, but there is just so much to do that you'll be surprised how quickly time when you're there.

I'm about a 4.5 hour or so drive from the city, in the uperstate of New York (where many city/long island kids go to school)

Pierce Tondry
Mar 10th, 2006, 02:23:59 PM
Itinerary!

New York Stock Exchange, Monday 10:00
11 Wall Street
Sachi Cheney tel. 212 656 4298
scheney@nyse.com

You are joining with Lycoming College and the appointment has been scheduled on March 13 at 10:00 a.m. Please, arrive 15 minutes earlier. Men wear jackets.

Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Monday 2:30
33 Liberty Street
Tel: (212) 720-6130

Allison Ramlow, 212.720.5613
Rey Rosen, 212.720.1935

Show up 15 minutes early
Need State or Federal issued ID

LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, Monday 5:30
1697 BROADWAY (BETWEEN 53RD & 54TH STREETS)
THE ED SULLIVAN THEATER
Ray, Jennifer E [JERay@cbs.com], 212-975-5190

To avoid having your seats released, be sure to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. sharp.

TOP 10 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN ATTENDING THE LATE SHOW

1. You are in for a great time!
2. The theater is kept cold, so that the comedy stays fresh. Bring a sweater or jacket!
3. Groups may be broken down into smaller groups for seating purposes. Please be understanding.
4. Please avoid any pre-show cocktails.
5. Everyone needs to be at least 18 years old to attend.
6. Please do not wear matching attire or anything with a logo.
7. Your group leader will have submitted your name to us on a list. Please have your I.D. with you when checking in. We are counting on you! If you have committed to coming, please show up!
8. Please note that each person must pick up their own tickets individually by 5:30 p.m. sharp.
9. Remember our microphones are sensitive. They are set to pick up laughter and applause as loud and as hard as you can deliver them. However, any other sounds such as shrieking, screaming, whistling or high pitched wooing sound distorted over the air. Please channel that great energy into laughter and applause!
10. There are plenty of people who would love the opportunity that you have to attend the show. Make the most of it! HAVE FUN!!

New York Mercantile Exchange, Tuesday 10:00
World Financial Center
One North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282
Tel: 212-299-2214

Rapacki, Linda [LRapacki@nymex.com]

No jeans, business casual, cell phones need o be turned off and NO CAMERA'S.

American Stock Exchange, Tuesday 2:00
86 Trinity Place between Rector and Thames directly behind the Trinity Church.

Chantharaj, Catherine [Catherine.Chantharaj@amex.com], (212) 306 1689

There is a dress code for our trading floor, proper business attire is required; ties for the men and jackets are optional. Please consider to arrive 10 minutes prior to the tour. There will be a security check in at the front and name tags will be provided in the lobby. Upon arrival, just ask for me and I will come and greet you.

Sunday (the day we get there) is apparently our main relaxation day. Off-times on other days are also free time, but the schedule constraints mean we can't be too far from where our next stop will be.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 10th, 2006, 03:27:43 PM
:( I just home for spring break. Not going to be in hoboken. And, heh, recording sunday through wednesday... so...

Maybe another time, and have fun in the City!

Pierce Tondry
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:07:23 AM
I had a great time. Pictures forthcoming, and some of them are even good ones!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:15:56 AM
He's on the Late Show with David Letterman tonight.

Pacific Coasters can still catch it!

Pierce Tondry
Mar 16th, 2006, 11:23:07 AM
lol, people probably missed me. I barely caught me, and that's just because I knew where I was (balcony, far left above where the camera starts panning across the audience.).

They had this ridiculous blue thing on the screen as they scanned us. I ended up being mostly covered up because of it.

Rama: 2nd GIG
Mar 16th, 2006, 11:41:40 AM
You have to go to Ray's Pizza.

There that outta keep you busy the whole time you are there.