PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2006, 10:57:11 PM
Not sure what happened to the old friend but figured I post this since the season is getting really good.
so Mc Gainey is back, not sure if he is the leader or messenger but he was sure creepy in that scene. Also now we know about what happened with Jack's marriage. I felt awful for him, she treated him badly, IMO, especially when he was wanting to change when she dropped that bombshell on him. I loved the end when Jack was starting to prepare for battling the Others, they need to build an army it is the only way to combat them.

Darth McBain
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:19:52 PM
I'm not sure about the whole army thing. Of course, they could band together and go out after them, but who knows if anything the others said was true. For all we know, the others who went out to "meet" with the three men are all of them- and they're relying on intimidation to make it seem like there's so much more of them.

I'll say this, they definitely have me confused - but in a good way. I can't wait to find out more about what the hey is actually going on on this island...

Good show this week - I just hope they start giving out some more answers instead of just posing more questions each week.

Rutabaga
Jan 20th, 2006, 08:07:58 AM
I totally and completely dig Mr. Eko. He's actually surpassed Locke as my favorite character. Still can't stand Ana Lucia, though. Although maybe that's the point, they had to give us some characters that we love to hate.

Darth McBain
Jan 20th, 2006, 09:25:13 AM
I agree - I can't stand Ana Lucia either. Jack ticks me off as well. I guess they wanted to put characters out there that we don't like to create more tense situations and relationships. If we loved all the characters, where would the conflict be?

And yeah, Eko rocks...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 20th, 2006, 09:59:06 AM
I missed the last minute of this week's episode, after Jack asks Ana if it was true she killed one of them our DVR has a hiccup where it stops recording Lost and starts recording Invasion. What happened after that?

TheHolo.Net
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:13:53 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I missed the last minute of this week's episode, after Jack asks Ana if it was true she killed one of them our DVR has a hiccup where it stops recording Lost and starts recording Invasion. What happened after that? He asked her how long it would take to train an army

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 20th, 2006, 11:03:57 AM
I disagree with you about Jack, he is my favorite character. I felt bad for him first with is wife and then Kate not listening to him. Ana, I am neutral on, I can understand her, she isn't one of my favorites but I don't really hate her.

Jedieb
Jan 20th, 2006, 12:58:36 PM
Jack is one of my favorite characters as well. I didn't see this week's episode until yesterday and I thought it was one of the best of the season. After a sluggish start establishing new characters these last few episodes have been excellent.

I thought for sure that Jack's wife was dead. I thought we'd end up finding out that she'd suffered some kind of complication from his miracle surgery and passed on. In a way, being cheated on and dumped is even worse for his character. The clips for next week look great. It's a Hobbit themed episode and those are some of my favorites.

Rutabaga
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:11:36 AM
I like Jack, he's not one of my favorites, but I still like him just fine. And Matthew Fox has deserved the Emmy and Golden Globe nominations he's gotten. This week's episode proved that.

I had also envisioned Sarah having died, because I didn't see their marriage ending because of something as "simple" as a divorce. So at first I was a little disappointed to see that the marriage fell apart over the old adultery nugget. But then it suddenly made more sense, especially after Sarah making the comment that Jack always feels like he always has to fix things. It was a very telling moment that explains a lot about his character.

And the confrontation with The Others...chilling stuff, I swear my hair was just about standing on end during that, especially after the sea captain told all of them to light their torches. *shudder*

I'm also glad that I go to a couple of websites here and there after the episode to catch any clues that might have gone right over my head. MSN's summary of the episode pointed one huge one out that had completely escaped me...when the sea captain had Kate the hostage brought out, what was the name of The Other he called out to bring Kate out? Alex. As in Rousseau's Alex? Probably, it seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

And I can't wait to see if Hurley really does get some lovin' from Libby, that would be fun :).

It's just gonna be interesting to see what Michelle Rodriguez's legal trouble is going to do for the show, I guess she's going to trial at the end of March on her drunk driving charge. And since she's a repeat offender, she might end up getting sent to jail for up to a year. It would probably mess up the show, but I wouldn't miss Ana Lucia all that much :evil.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:11:17 AM
Season 1 just finished over here. Apparently Season 2 starts some time in spring. I have to say, I was pretty dissapointed with the ending with regards to the hatch. I didn't mind the bit with Walt being kidnapped so much, but... yeah. I suppose I should have expected it from a show which never really answers any questions.

Rutabaga
Feb 6th, 2006, 09:33:27 PM
Hey! Did all you Lost watchers catch the brilliant Addicted to Lost commercial that aired during the Super Bowl? If you didn't, check this page at Lost-Media.com out, there's some links where you can download the extended version of the ad:

http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1563&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Awesome stuff!!! :thumbup

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 8th, 2006, 01:53:45 AM
My God, that was the funniest thing I ever saw - I loved it! One of my favorite spots during the commercials. The Desperate Housewives spots were pretty funny, too.

Rutabaga
Feb 9th, 2006, 07:08:17 PM
Great episode last night, it definitely kept you guessing on just who was conning who. Some of what was finally revealed caught me by surprise, that's for sure.

Charlie sure is falling to the dark side, that was the total fallen Anakin look during the the final scene. "Always 2 there are, a master and an apprentice." Darth Sawyer and Darth Charlie! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 9th, 2006, 09:47:07 PM
Yeah it surprised me I think you are right about Charlie, I wonder if he can redeem himself. Sawyer is a lost cause, IMO. I think Kate even sees him for what he is. Also Locke was made out to be a fool, he is really starting to lose it lately.

Ryan Pode
Feb 9th, 2006, 11:40:56 PM
I think Charlie will redeem himself at the climax and kill Sawyer.

Darth McBain
Feb 10th, 2006, 10:18:04 AM
While I thought it was a good episode, it seemed a little odd that Charlie would 'go to the dark side'. I understand he'd be pissed at Locke, but face facts Charlie - you were raving like a madman, holding Aaron in the ocean, I can't say I blame Locke for trying to knock some sense into Charlie. And I can't imagine Charlie turning against the group just because of that.

Jedieb
Feb 10th, 2006, 10:56:06 PM
I actually didn't like the "Long Con." The flashback was great, but I think having Sawyer pull something like that was too Season 1. After everything they've been through he's back to being the same jerk he was on Day 1? Kate even repeated the same "hate you" dialogue from the first season. It just seemed like someone hit the rewind button on his character. Still, the clips for next week looked great. Thank the maker for sweeps week!

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:50:43 PM
The episode was good - I think Charlie isn't trying to turn against the group, he's just impulsive (think trying to steal the baby instead of talking) and it seemed like a good way to get back at Locke who has ruined Charlie's chance to take care of Claire and Aaron.

As for Sawyer - yeah, he hasn't changed. Except it seemed that he was changing, so now I'm just confused. He went on the raft, not because he wanted to be a hero, but because he was hoping he'd die in the attempt. There's something to be said for people not being able to change... it seems that Sawyer won't be able to stop being a con man any more than Kate will be able to stop running from her past.

I do really want to figure out about that big black horse though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:55:18 AM
Did you see the look that Henry guy had on his face when Jack threw Sayid out of the torture room? I know he's an Other!! Of course, it would be a typical 'throw you for a loop' move for him to be exactly what he represents himself as, and therefore throwing all the suspicion and more mystery on Danielle.

The ending this week was fantastic. "Have you forgotten, Charlie?"

Plus, Sawyer squishing that frog in his hand was gross.

Darth McBain
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:26:10 AM
Good episode I too think he's an other. It just seems like the show to lead you into feeling sorry for this guy only to find out he's bad. Then again, maybe they're messing with us and he's not an other. I don't know - gut feel is he's bad...

I was kinda hoping that frog that Sawyer crushed was one of those poison frogs and that by crushing it Sawyer would get major sick... Not that I necessarily hope he dies, but something's gotta turn him around.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2006, 11:51:41 AM
Great episode Henry is an Other there is no question there. Too many inconsistencies in his story. Also what about the clock hitting 0 then showing those Hireoglyphic symbols. Not sure what that means, right now it is looking like Jack was right about that, but I guess we will see. And Sawyer is sure not trying to redeem himself in the eyes of the viewers with the Frog crushing moment, yuck

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2006, 02:39:43 PM
Sawyer: On the one hand he genuinely apologizes (well, as genuine as he gets) to Hurley for calling him names, and on the other he squishes the frog. He seems to be walking the fence - while he seems to have 'reformed' a little, he's rebelling against it and trying to stay the bad guy to the rest of the Losties. IMO.

I think that what Sayid's comment about Danielle "We are all Others to her" is telling. I mean, all the people who weren't on the plane are technically Others, including Danielle. She's just not related to the big, bad, kidnapping Others. And the sickness/craziness that her shipmates suffered from hasn't seemed to come up in the story again yet, and I'm waiting for it to. Unless .... She said that they went to the Black Rock and then started to get crazy, so she shot them.

Jack, Locke, Artz, Hurley and Kate all went to the Black Rock, and so far both Jack and Locke have been acting fairly erratically since then.

As far as the symbols, who knows what that means. Maybe Locke just managed to stop it in time before they all were set to black/red symbols and blew up the island. ;)

Rutabaga
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:21:44 PM
I liked this episode, I thought it was one of the betters ones this season. Plus it featured a guest starring role for Clancy Brown, you can't go wrong with him, y'know ;).

That was crazy, the countdown going down to all those hieroglyphics flipping around, then resetting. It was almost a cheat, but I still am convinced...have been since we found out about the clock and the code right at the beginning of the season...that season 2 will end with the clock counting totally down, not being reset, and then we'll have to suffer through the summer until we find out just what the heck is going to happen.

Sawyer squashing the frog was sick, he's just gross beyond belief right now.

I'm pretty darn certain that Henry is an Other...I did read at another website a good point that his name, Henry Gale, is the name of Dorothy's uncle in The Wizard of Oz. Take what hints from that that you wish :). I just wish Sayid would walk Henry out to the supposed wife's supposed gravesite and see just what is really there.

Sayid rocks. He's such an awesome character. The moment where he was screaming at Henry about how he should be able to remember where he buried his wife was great, great stuff.

I'm glad that in a couple of weeks we're apparently going to find out what happened during Claire's lost couple of weeks. Woohoo!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:09:12 PM
Yes Sayid was great, I like his flashbacks as well. I agree with you about Henry Gale we got the part with Balloon which belonged to the con artist Wizard. And the next episode looks awesome too, I am hoping we learn a little more about Dharma.

Ryan Pode
Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:43:59 AM
Talk about role reversal between Jack and Locke. Unless I am mistaken. The whole "let me go" thing early in the episode was hilarious.

Rutabaga
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:18:53 AM
Oh yes, Henry has sown the first seeds of truly open dissension between Jack and Locke with his whole "how come you let the doctor call the shots?" question. No doubt that is going to develop full-blown in upcoming episodes and lead to more clashes between the two.

Interesting episode last night, with it being the first one with no flashbacks into a castaway's pre-island life. The flashbacks we did get were interesting and did the usual thing, leading to more questions and more confusion. There was still no totally clear explanation for why The Others were so interested in Aaron. And there was that very cryptic comment about "what he'll say" about Ethan having brought Claire to the compound. Who is the mysterious "he"?

And the whole sea captain persona is simply an act...hm.....

Then there was the previews for upcoming episodes...I literally squealed at the "Sawyer, I need a pregnancy test" moment. Woohoo! :D

Ryan Pode
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:26:08 AM
I think the Others need children, they need fresh blood cos they are getting older.

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:35:47 AM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
Oh yes, Henry has sown the first seeds of truly open dissension between Jack and Locke with his whole "how come you let the doctor call the shots?" question. That was so obvious and cliched, I can't believe Locke would fall for that. He's supposed to be a fairly smart guy.

I'm probably wrong, but I choose to think that Locke - fully aware that Henry can hear everything from the inside of his cell - was putting on an act to let Henry think he won.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:26:47 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
That was so obvious and cliched, I can't believe Locke would fall for that. He's supposed to be a fairly smart guy.

I'm probably wrong, but I choose to think that Locke - fully aware that Henry can hear everything from the inside of his cell - was putting on an act to let Henry think he won.

Aahh I hope you're right!

And I think Mr. Eko just confused the heck out of Mr. Gale. I joked that now that Eko is now a full Jedi, now that he's cut off his padawan braid (from his beard). I think Eko believes that Henry is an Other. Man, I love Eko. :love

I believed when Locke was talking to Gale, that Locke knew what Gale was trying to do. Then when he went outside and threw everything around... I just don't know. Maybe Locke is just doing a good job of pretending that he's ok with Jack and him being co-leaders - I know he's sort of upset that Jack is trying to build an army (lol) without him, and he and Jack rarely see eye to eye on anything. He might be just about to snap.

Darth McBain
Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:50:06 PM
Last night's episode was really good. I loved the whole thing with Gale. The more I see of that guy the more I think he's an Other. It just seemed a little too convenient for him to be sowing those seeds of dissension. For a guy who has been locked in a room for two days and had no contact with the group, he seems to know a lot about the dynamic between Jack and Locke...

And in the promo for next week, I couldn't help but laugh out loud when Sun asked Sawyer for a pregnancy test. He's got a few odds and ends medicine-wise, he's not a Walgreens, people!!!

Still, could be an interesting plot line if Sun is pregnant...

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:54:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth McBain
And in the promo for next week...Sadly, there will be no new episodes until March 22.

Darth McBain
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:38:22 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Sadly, there will be no new episodes until April.

Ahh - bummer... :(

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:31:50 PM
STILL waiting for Season 2 over here. Spring... spring!? When is that? It could be any time. If only I lived in Ireland, it's already started again over there.

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:52:11 PM
You should catch up on Season 1 of House in the meantime. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:09:12 PM
I liked the episode I was glad to learn more of Dharma, Kate's find was very interesting and shows that we know nothing about what the Others are really up to.

Rutabaga
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:33:24 PM
I read somewhere else that the next new episode will be on March 22nd, but I don't know how accurate that is. I just hate the way ABC schedules the show, with all the reruns and stuff. It ain't fair :cry.

I know it was cliched, but I don't know if Locke was putting on an act. I couldn't help but think of Locke's "don't tell me what I can't do!" moments in season 1 when he had his tantrum. Or maybe he's actually just gotten it out of his system, and maybe it won't go much farther in future episodes. But this whole season has been set up as a man of science, man of faith conflict, so I bet it will go on. And I still have no doubt that the ultimate man of science, man of faith conflict will come in the cliffhanger, where the button won't get pushed. :evil

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:46:46 PM
If Locke actually fell for that, then I'm calling cruddy writing. Because that was really thinly veiled.

It's established multiple times that they know Gale can hear through the door - both when he yells out "How about you let me out of here?!" and when he tells Locke directly during that conversation that he can hear them.

If nothing else, I don't think he would have bothered to keep his composure while he was in the room, only to throw a fit directly outside, where he can be heard.

Unless, of course, the writers just suck. http://dark_god7.home.mindspring.com/emot/emot-v.gif

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:40:03 PM
Unless he just lost it. As for the schedule I agree, I wish they go to a 24 approach to the show.

Rutabaga
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:08:44 PM
I like the comparison that someone came up with at another messageboard...it's as if Henry Gale is going to become Iago to Locke's Othello.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:16:34 PM
I like the comparison that someone came up with at another messageboard...it's as if Henry Gale is going to become Iago to Locke's Othello.

I could see that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:35:09 AM
I think Locke is pretty close to losing it anyway. His breakdown in the hatch when the computer was fried, his obsessive 'stalking' of his dad, his "DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!" tirades... Like I said before, he's smart, but he's also WAY too self reliant. He doesn't trust people, mainly because of what his dad did to him in the past.

The only person who he trusts to make the right decisions is Locke. In his mind, he thinks that he's the person who should be calling the shots, and to hear it coming from Henry, even as a thinly veiled attempt to cause dissension in the ranks, rankled him. You can push John Locke quite a bit, but eventually you reach the tipping point and he goes over the edge.

imo. :o

Rutabaga
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:00:57 AM
I think Locke is pretty close to losing it anyway. His breakdown in the hatch when the computer was fried, his obsessive 'stalking' of his dad, his "DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!" tirades... Like I said before, he's smart, but he's also WAY too self reliant. He doesn't trust people, mainly because of what his dad did to him in the past.

The only person who he trusts to make the right decisions is Locke. In his mind, he thinks that he's the person who should be calling the shots, and to hear it coming from Henry, even as a thinly veiled attempt to cause dissension in the ranks, rankled him. You can push John Locke quite a bit, but eventually you reach the tipping point and he goes over the edge.

imo. :o

I agree :)

Rutabaga
Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:46:19 AM
I'm a sucker for Sun-Jin episodes, so I liked last night's episode a lot :).

What an amazing island that place truly is...first it cures Locke's paraplegia, now it's cured Jin's sterility :D. But poor Yunjin Kim is going to have to play pregnant for a long time, since the actual time passing in the story is much slower than real-time. It'll probably be 4 or 5 seasons before we see the baby :D.

I really did like the evolution of their relationship in this episode, especially with Jin saying "I love you" in English. And a nice touch having that one moment with Sawyer and Bernard and playing their dialogue backwards so it reminded us that Jin doesn't understand them still.

And a great ending, as usual. If Henry isn't an Other, he's at least one heck of a psychopath.

Ryan Pode
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:33:13 PM
HENRY GALE IS BLACK!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 29th, 2006, 10:45:15 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
HENRY GALE IS BLACK!

LOL well we know the truth about him now :)

Ryan Pode
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:26:24 PM
Yeah. We do. Yet another great cliffhanger.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2006, 01:30:24 AM
Man this episode had me going every-which-way on the Henry Gale is good/bad issue. I'm so happy that we know he's bad, but now I wish he hadn't just gotten told so much about the hatch. I thought maybe he just had a really good memory with the Numbers, but after the big reveal it appears he might have already known the Numbers.

Ow for Locke - on all sorts of counts. I was SURE we were going to find out how he lost the use of his legs in this flashback, but not yet. I think those mob guys his father conned are going to hurt him, though.

Rutabaga
Mar 30th, 2006, 08:18:34 AM
You know there's going to be tremendous research and discussion about that blacklight map that Locke saw, I've already seen it happening on another messageboard. Screencaps and everything! :D

Fabulous episode, with one of the better cliffhanger endings lately. I literally popped up in my chair when Sayid whipped the driver's license out. I knew it, I knew it! Although I have to admit that up until then, my feelings on whether Henry was an Other or not were starting to waver just a bit. The guy playing him is just terrific.

Oh, and one weird thing about inputting the numbers...we never actually saw Henry input them, we just have his word that he did it. Did he actually input them? I have a feeling he did, because I still think something bigger than what happened last night is supposed to happen when the numbers aren't input. Plus, I'm still convinced that will be our season-ending cliffhanger, with the numbers not being input and something like Armageddon possibly about to happen.

I also thought we were going to see how Locke got paralyzed toward the end, I thought for sure the mafia guys were going to shoot him. I'm still trying to wrapy my head around just why Locke did what he did for his father...if it were me, I either would have laughed in the father's face and told him to stick it where the sun don't shine, or else I would have taken all $700,000 and kept it all for myself :evil. And how sad he lost Helen over this.

BTW, did everyone catch who the nice lady was who was buying the house and Locke was doing the inspection on it? :cool

Oh, and best line lately: "Should I go get a ruler?" :lol

Sansa
Mar 30th, 2006, 09:58:25 AM
[is LD] I didn't catch who the woman was buying the -
oh!

was it Sayid's Nadia?? omg!

The cliffhanger was fantastic, the blacklight map was fantastic, and the lockdown and corresponding food drop was fantastic.

I thought maybe that they locked down the hatch before they did the food drop to make sure they didn't drop the food on the people they're trying to feed. But - even if that's not true - it's proof that there's no electromagnet on the island strong enough to take down any plane that comes over the island, because the plane (or whatever) that dropped the food didn't crash.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 30th, 2006, 06:21:00 PM
Originally posted by Sansa
[is LD] I didn't catch who the woman was buying the -
oh!

was it Sayid's Nadia?? omg!

The cliffhanger was fantastic, the blacklight map was fantastic, and the lockdown and corresponding food drop was fantastic.

I thought maybe that they locked down the hatch before they did the food drop to make sure they didn't drop the food on the people they're trying to feed. But - even if that's not true - it's proof that there's no electromagnet on the island strong enough to take down any plane that comes over the island, because the plane (or whatever) that dropped the food didn't crash.

Well, it could just be turned on when they want it turned on. I wouldn't think they want it on when they are getting a food supply. As for the map, I think that is a map of all the hatches on the island, not sure what the ? mark one is though. Also, I have no idea if it is true, but there are rumors somebody is going to die next episode, of course it could be Henry but it could be a lie too

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2006, 08:17:57 PM
From the promo for next week looks like either Hurley or the psychiatrist chick might go over a cliff. ^_^;

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 30th, 2006, 08:21:44 PM
From the promo for next week looks like either Hurley or the psychiatrist chick might go over a cliff. ^_^;

I saw that, but I bet that is just a tease. Of course that could be these rumors have come from who knows

Shawn
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:37:54 AM
Thought you guys might appreciate this:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3487/blastdoormap7rg8ab.jpg

Spoilers, etc. I like how they blatantly ripped a line from Event Horizon. ;)

Rutabaga
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:39:20 AM
Thought you guys might appreciate this:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3487/blastdoormap7rg8ab.jpg

Wow, somebody definitely put some effort into that, thanks for sharing :).

Hm...so Libby was in the same mental hospital as Hurley? Yowza!

Ryan Pode
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:59:17 AM
Thats why she likes him.

Jedieb
Apr 6th, 2006, 07:13:35 AM
Like I always say, there's only so far you can push a fat mental patient before he goes ape on you and hands you your nads. Good episode.

Rutabaga
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:39:34 PM
Rose and Bernard get the flashback treatment next week, that should be fun :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2006, 11:59:55 AM
I guess Libby was lying about being a shrink. Of course maybe she was in a mental hospital and became delusional and came to think she was a shrink.

Shawn
Apr 8th, 2006, 01:31:02 PM
Even shrinks can go nuts, you know. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2006, 01:32:37 PM
Even shrinks can go nuts, you know. :)

Heh well I guess that is a possibility too. Have to wait for her flashback episode

Jedieb
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:39:22 PM
The wife and I are watching Lost on Tivo right now. We like catching it late and zipping through the commercials. Anyway, anybody want a good look at the map? I was going to post the pic right here in the thread but I didn't know if that would freak the spoiler fanatics. Here's a link:
http://www.thetailsection.com/uploaded_images/cleanwall-707484.jpg

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2006, 09:26:39 PM
The episode itself wasn't bad, best thing was learning more about Rose and Bernard. The next episode looks awesome. First Michael is back and he wants them to go after the Others. And plus Henry might escape, should be a thrilling episode.

Rutabaga
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:58:19 AM
I liked last night's episode, learning Rose and Bernard's backstory was very touching. With so much emphasis on youth and sex in so many other TV shows, it was refreshing to see a mature couple in love being the main focus of the hour. I know that might sound hokey, but so be it :).

And now learning that Rose knows Locke's secret and has kept it to herself the 2 months they've been on the island...nice touch, I liked it :).

From what I've heard, Lost is off for 2 weeks now, then we'll have 4 episodes in a row ending with the season finale. Weird thing is, this season feels like it's been so short because of the erratic schedule, it doesn't feel like it's time for the season finale already!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 13th, 2006, 10:49:48 AM
Yeah they are pushing Alias the next two weeks. I agree the schedule has been eratic this year, I kind of wish they do what Fox has done with 24, that way the episodes are continuous.

Shawn
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:07:39 PM
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6995/lostbutt2sp.gif

Those wacky closed captions. :mischief

Darth McBain
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:50:08 PM

Those wacky closed captions. :mischief

:lol Funny - my closed captioning displayed the same word mispelled in the same way, but in a different place.

Rutabaga
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:03:24 AM
:lol

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:04:24 PM
LOL, oh and it looks like ABC might be thinking of coping Fox in showing Lost. I read in TV guide how the head of the network is thinking about showing it continuious if that means September-post Janurary or Janurary to May they aren't sure. I am betting it will be Jan to May because of May sweeps. It would suck to wait that long, but really it will just make the show better. It has improved 24, IMO.

Jedieb
Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:13:22 PM
ABC has done something like this before. During one season of NYPD Blue they ran close to an entire season continuously. Part of the reason they did it was because the executive producer was in a bit of an alcoholic breakdown and couldn't get scripts in on time. I think continuous episodes of LOST would be great, but ABC is still going to try to have to get LOST on the air during sweeps. I think they'll have to start a continous season sometime around Nov. or even Dec.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2006, 12:32:55 AM
They should just have 44 episodes a season. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 24th, 2006, 08:06:04 AM
They should just have 44 episodes a season. ;)
Heh that would be great. I think starting in Nov might be a good idea, maybe have a couple of breaks and it wouldn't be as bad as it was this year. They may not want to wait to Janurary. Fox does it with 24, but that I think is different.

Shawn
May 3rd, 2006, 07:45:18 PM
Off-the-wall theory #732: The Others promised to give Michael his son back if he leads everyone into a trap.

"Yeah, guys, they're totally defenseless. Let's go rush in right now!" http://dark_god7.home.mindspring.com/emot/emot-v.gif

Edit: 1-877-HANSORG

Edit 2: HAHAHA

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2006, 10:06:35 PM
Its either that or they brain washed him. I leaning towards brainwashing because of the way he was so willing to shoot himself and everyone else. Because if it isn't brainwashing then he has become just as bad as the Others.

Ryan Pode
May 3rd, 2006, 10:39:12 PM
OH. MY. GOD. I bet Walt has something to do with this.

Rutabaga
May 3rd, 2006, 11:12:07 PM
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! No more Ana Lucia, no more Ana Lucia, yyyyessssssss!!!!!!! I knew Libby was a goner, since I'd heard Cynthia Watros had been cast in a new show for the fall, but boy, they kept the news about Ana Lucia nice and quiet. Or at least quiet enough that I didn't manage to stumble across it anywhere, so seeing her get a nice ol' bullet right through the heart was very shocking, and very gratifying, to see. :evil Of course, I'm just presuming she's dead, maybe she'll make a miraculous recovery next week, but I hope not.

I'd been feeling kind of so-so on this episode up until the last 60 seconds or so. Wow. What an ending.

Is there anyone on this show that hadn't met Jack's dad? Hm? :lol

The fake commercial for the Hanso Organization was a riot. Haha! :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2006, 12:14:35 AM
OMG OMG OMG

I LIKED Ana Lucia. :mad

And...
OMG OMG OMG!! :eek

Michael only wounded himself, and probably has let Henry free, blaming Libby and Ana on Henry. OMG I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!

^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2006, 11:33:32 AM
<a href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1401302769/qid=1146764208/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-0834944-3034516?v=glance&s=books>Bad Twin</a>

<a href=http://www.bordersstores.com/features/feature.jsp?file=badtwin>Read an exerpt from Bad Twin</a>

my Borders Rewards email came with a little blurb about Bad Twin, the manuscript that Sawyer was reading in last night's episode stating that the author was lost in 2004 when his plane from Sydney to LA crashed over the south pacific. You can buy the whole book!

I haven't read the link yet, because my break is over, but I wanted to share.

Rutabaga
May 4th, 2006, 06:22:01 PM
I knew that the name "The Bad Twin" was going to end up meaning something, since all the books that have appeared on the show had some kind of connection to the events on the island. (Although I'm still not quite sure what the meaning was behind Sawyer reading "Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret" :D.) Little did I know what that manuscript title was foreshadowing!

Who here thinks that maybe Claire is the daughter Christian was trying to see in Australia? Making her Jack's half-sister?

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2006, 07:00:53 PM
I knew that the name "The Bad Twin" was going to end up meaning something, since all the books that have appeared on the show had some kind of connection to the events on the island. (Although I'm still not quite sure what the meaning was behind Sawyer reading "Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret" :D.) Little did I know what that manuscript title was foreshadowing!

Who here thinks that maybe Claire is the daughter Christian was trying to see in Australia? Making her Jack's half-sister?

Well, I think his daugher is younger because the woman he was fighting with seemed like the mother. I think it is more likely that one of those children that got taken could be Jack's half-sister

Rutabaga
May 4th, 2006, 07:39:21 PM
That's actually quite possible. In all honesty, if Claire did turn out to be Jack's half-sister, then that might be just a little too much of a coincidence, even though the show does thrive on coincidence.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2006, 11:30:09 PM
She looked just like Claire though. I'm betting on her being Claire's mum.

Darth McBain
May 7th, 2006, 08:11:18 PM
Great episode - as soon as Ana Lucia handed over the gun and the combination, I started to have a bad feeling about what was going to happen... As to why he did it, I'm leaning towards Michael making a deal with the Others for Walt, but who knows... I can't say I'm too broken up about Ana Lucia biting it, but I was really surprised that Libby got shot too. It seemed like there were a lot of potential plot lines with her that they didn't explore. Actually, I wonder if she really is dead, maybe only wounded. Sure looks like she got shot pretty good, though. Can't wait for the next episode.

Anyone been over to www.thehansofoundation.org ? Pretty interesting, though weird, site... A lot of the stuff on the site doesn't work yet - but I'm betting it doesn't work on purpose, and that they'll unlock more sections of it over time to reveal stuff slowly.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 7th, 2006, 10:45:43 PM
Joop, the old orangutaun on that website is 'experiment 626' just like Stitch in the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch. :p

edit:
omg someone else try to sign up for the newsletter! Toooooo creeepy!

I foilowed the instructions but couldn't finish because I couldn't find a number for the call center, plus i probably wouldn't have called it anyway. ^_^;

Shawn
May 8th, 2006, 03:17:32 AM
I followed the instructions but couldn't finish because I couldn't find a number for the call center, plus i probably wouldn't have called it anyway. ^_^; 1-877-HANSORG

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2006, 08:52:56 AM
Oh. What happens when you call it?

Darth McBain
May 8th, 2006, 09:31:23 AM
Oh. What happens when you call it?

More weird stuff. It's worth a call (it's toll free).

If you need the password for when you sign up for the newsletter let me know and I can PM it to you or post it in spoilerized text if you want.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2006, 11:19:21 AM
The password was easy. :)

Rutabaga
May 10th, 2006, 11:15:06 PM
Hurley telling Libby, "I'm sorry I forgot the blankets" and then starting to cry just about did me in :cry :cry :cry. And for now, they misunderstood why she said Michael's name...oh, what a sad ending to this episode.

But overall, this episode was something that I've been looking forward to all year, an episode with Eko and Locke alone. How interesting that the original man of faith had had his faith so badly shaken that it took Eko's faith to apparently revive his own. I liked it. Although, as usual, this episode seemed to raise more questions than it answered :cool.

Two more episodes to go for this season, can you believe it? o_O

Lilaena De'Ville
May 11th, 2006, 08:55:36 AM
I agree - combined with last night's Invasion I was a mess. :cry

(any one else watch Invasion? I'm so hooked.)

When Libby first choked and we knew she was still alive I jumped like three feet in the air. And the pain/fear on her face after Jack assured her that Michael was fine was horrible.

But the biggest surprise - Eko investigating the claims of a girl coming back to life, only for us to find out that her dad is the Australian psychic that sent Claire on that flight! And then he states quite plainly that he's a fraud! Oh my!

Rutabaga
May 11th, 2006, 05:28:43 PM
Whoa, I thought that was the same psychic, but I wasn't totally sure...yowza.

I hung in with Invasion for as long as I could, mostly because of William Fichtner. Mr. Creepy Incarnate. But I finally gave up a couple of weeks ago, as interesting as it was, it was just moving too slowly for me. So what happened last night? Do tell!

Links to fun Lost/Star Wars stuff at the offical SW site:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/rocks/f20060505/index.html

Lilaena De'Ville
May 11th, 2006, 08:06:27 PM
Invasion is rocketing along, and has been picking up momentum for a few weeks now. You stopped watching it at the wrong time! I just got done explaining last nights episode to my brother who missed it. Basically the hybrids, under the cover of a new hurricane, are disguised as National Guard and are gathering up a whole bunch of people (including Muriel, Larkin, Rose, Kiera and Jesse) and taking them to a 'shelter' for 'saftey.' Once there they separate the hybrids from the normals...and the episode ends with the lights in the sky and water again and Zura's hybrids are pushing the normals towards the ocean, along with Larkin, Jesse and Rose! ^_^;

Oh, and Muriel is being forced by Zura to help a room full of pregnant hybrids give birth. When she says "I dont' have the proper help or equipment" he tells her "I think we can find you a knife." Shudder!

My husband hasn't been watching Invasion with me, but he watched last night and thought it was great.

Jedieb
May 12th, 2006, 06:09:00 AM
Just for the heck of it, I bought Bad Twin yesterday. The book starts off with a couple of letters between the "author" and the publishing company. It turns out the writer was a confirmed bachelor who just found love with an Oceanic Airlines stewardess. He and his new found love were tragically lost over the South Pacific on flight 815. I think this is a lot of hoops to jump for there not to be some kind of connection or payoff on the show.

It's not that hard to figure out, but the author's name (Gary Traut) is a anagram for a theory the producers have denied. The story looks to be a detective novel. It's not the kind of book I usually read, but I figured what the hell.

Rutabaga
May 12th, 2006, 06:20:19 AM
Thanks for the update on Invasion...I know Wednesday's episode is the season finale, so maybe I'll try to stay up for it. That's part of why I gave up on it...I'd sometimes have to struggle to stay awake through episodes, and I tended to be really really lazy about recording it :cool.

I wonder if the show is going to be renewed for next season? Most articles I've read have speculated it's going to be cancelled.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 12th, 2006, 09:02:03 AM
I heard it's being renewed. I hope it is! ^_^;

I think I'm going to buy Bad Twin to take on vacation with me. I feel that Lost is turning into a sort of scavenger hunt for clues, what with the phone numbers, fake commercials, fake websites (and now fake book?) and all the hints and clues that they put everywhere. :D I really like it.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2006, 09:58:54 AM
Invasion's season finale left me in tears. :cry

Lost's season finale is going to be 2 hours long, so don't forget to adjust all your TiVo's!

I just have one thing to say: The Losties would be a whole HECK of a lot better off if they'd just listen to Sayid instead of Jack. >_<

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2006, 10:38:17 AM
Well I hink Jack is listening to Sayid, so have to see what happens. Somebody is going to get killed in the final and I bet it will be michael. Hurley will find out what he did and will kill him, but that is my feeling right now. Also the finale will have the return of Desmond, I am curious where that will go.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 18th, 2006, 12:34:08 PM
I missed the start of Season 2 airing on TV, but it turns out channel4 are streaming the episodes from their site! They are free until May 23rd, so if you want to catch some repeats of early episodes (including all of Season 1): http://channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/L/lost/vod/index.html

Rutabaga
May 18th, 2006, 05:55:45 PM
Best scene in last night's episode was the scene where Eko told Michael the story about the boy who confessed about killing his dog. Overall the episode felt a little bit like filler, but it's gotten us to where we need to be for the season finale. Looks like 2 hours of slam bang stuff next week.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael ends up dead, because sooner or later, his guilt is going to be discovered. And just how people are going to deal with it...oh yes, I can see attempts at retribution indeed.

And what about the boat? Like I read somewhere else, Michael did tell The Others that he wanted a boat, but man, if that's the boat for him, it arrived a wee bit early, didn't it? ;)

Can't wait to see more of Desmond too, I miss him :).

Rutabaga
May 18th, 2006, 06:07:24 PM
Here's the website in last night's Hanso Foundation ad:

http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/

Once you get the map to come up, click on 108 degrees. When it asks you if you're one of the good ones, say yes. Then go from there. Check out the mail files for hmcintyr and pthompso. Somebody's ordered a lotta jeeps for some reason....

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2006, 06:35:16 PM
I think that the boat is Desmond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pna5kuVZDXE I found this while snooping through files from that website. :)
<a href=http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/usr/hmcintyr/mail/139191991471518711419.jpg>Jeep ad</a>
<a href=http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/usr/hmcintyr/mail/news_ad.jpg>Don't believe Bad Twin ad</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ZafHS6apU&search=Hanso
^^ another YouTube video detailing the different hatches. I assume.

Watch the Gary Troup interviews on YouTube as well, and check these out:
http://www.valenzettifoundation.org/
http://methusalabs.com/

<a href=http://followersoframbaldi.com/credits.php>puppet masters</a>

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2006, 08:38:19 PM
I think that the boat is Desmond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pna5kuVZDXE I found this while snooping through files from that website. :)
<a href=http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/usr/hmcintyr/mail/139191991471518711419.jpg>Jeep ad</a>
<a href=http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/usr/hmcintyr/mail/news_ad.jpg>Don't believe Bad Twin ad</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ZafHS6apU&search=Hanso
^^ another YouTube video detailing the different hatches. I assume.

Watch the Gary Troup interviews on YouTube as well, and check these out:
http://www.valenzettifoundation.org/
http://methusalabs.com/

<a href=http://followersoframbaldi.com/credits.php>puppet masters</a>

I think its Desmond boat too.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 19th, 2006, 12:46:49 AM
Great minds think alike ;)

Ryan Pode
May 24th, 2006, 09:01:03 PM
Oh. My. God. Speechless. So many questions.

Shawn
May 24th, 2006, 09:12:20 PM
The foot they found belonged to the Colossus of Rhodes. Supposedly, it only had 4 toes on its left foot, but we never found it.

At least, that's what I've read. I don't recall that particular tidbit.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2006, 09:47:55 PM
Wow it was amazing cliffhanger, although it sucks we have to wait 3-5 months. Spoilers below for you west coast people
About the statue I will have to look that up. I am not sure it would fit but I am not sure why its foot would be in the pacific. Okay the episode, okay three big surprises really. First the Hatch, it controls something but what we don't know. What did Desmond do? The theory I read on the boards is it was an EMP which would make sense that would cause that big light and sound, and it harmless to people. Although what caused the quartined sign to fly in the air is beyond me. If the EMP theory is true than Eko, Locke and Desmond are all fine. I am glad because I like all three. Desmond is really starting to grow on me, so I hope he is back. Surpise two the Others capturing Jack, Sawyer and Kate. What will happen to them? I really don't see Sayid just saying we won't find them. Sayid will search that whole island until he found them, that is the kind of person he is. I think he will find Rousseau and she will help, throw Desmond, Locke, Echo and Jin into that and maybe they can beat them (Desmond is military too and Locke if gets his sense back and Echo being who he is). Also I think Sayid will run into Michael on the way back, but that is my theory. Now the third shocker, Desmond's girlfriend she knew about the Island she had to. To me that means her Father is in on this. He runs a pharmiciticutal company. I bet he is involved with Dharma somehow and he knew Desmond would never leave his daughter alone so he set that whole trip up so he get sucked into that island to never return. Now she knows where they are what will this lead to? Man a lot happened in that final that is all I can say.

Rutabaga
May 25th, 2006, 06:51:57 AM
Wow...we got lots of answers, which should make the people unhappy with the first season's cliffhanger a lot happier now. But did we ever get more stuff to chew on and think about all summer and figure out where this is going from now on.

I don't know which was freakier, seeing that Desmond got his boat from Libby, or seeing that Desmond's original hatchmate (yay, Clancy Brown!) was the American soldier who had taught Sayid how to be such a good torturer.

I hope Desmond is okay, because I've really gotten to like him. I also hope both Locke and Eko are okay, because they're my two favorite characters on the show. I couldn't help but love the moment when Locke realized he had been wrong about the button, that was a terrific moment.

And Henry seems to be in charge of The Others...that was a neat twist.

Michael can't be getting away scot free, there has to be a catch.

And the ultimate shocker...Penelope. Holy cow. Can't wait to see how these new puzzle pieces all start to fall into place.

Darth McBain
May 25th, 2006, 08:46:20 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Now the third shocker, Desmond's girlfriend she knew about the Island she had to. To me that means her Father is in on this. He runs a pharmiciticutal company. I bet he is involved with Dharma somehow and he knew Desmond would never leave his daughter alone so he set that whole trip up so he get sucked into that island to never return. Now she knows where they are what will this lead to?

Could Penny be Penelope from the hanso foundation website? Something tells me yes, and that she knows something about what's going on here...

Miranda Tarkin
May 25th, 2006, 08:57:47 AM
I thought much the same McBain ^^

Darth McBain
May 25th, 2006, 09:01:54 AM
Originally posted by Darth McBain
Could Penny be Penelope from the hanso foundation website? Something tells me yes, and that she knows something about what's going on here...

Whoops, the name on the website is Persephone, not Penelope. Actually, Pen or Penny could still be short for Persephone - so who knows.... Regardless, I still think she knows something about what's happening...

Jedieb
May 25th, 2006, 12:06:43 PM
I'm still reading the Lost novel Bad Twin, but there are connections between the finale and the novel. Early in the novel the detective goes to visit his client and he gets off on the wrong floor. Who's offices does he find himself in? That's right, The Hanso Foundation. He even reads their mission statement right off the wall. Second, guess who his client is? It's the son of Clifford Widmore, who's looking for his missing Twin. When I heard the name Widmore last night I freaked out. The novel is an easy read I just haven't had the time to finish it, but I'm really looking forward to finishing it this weekend to see if there are any more connections. This season's finale did a great job of answering a lot of questions and setting up some new ones. Great to see Desmond back, I really enjoyed his flashbacks. Man, Lost and 24 should get off to some great starts next season!

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2006, 09:32:17 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
I'm still reading the Lost novel Bad Twin, but there are connections between the finale and the novel. Early in the novel the detective goes to visit his client and he gets off on the wrong floor. Who's offices does he find himself in? That's right, The Hanso Foundation. He even reads their mission statement right off the wall. Second, guess who his client is? It's the son of Clifford Widmore, who's looking for his missing Twin. When I heard the name Widmore last night I freaked out. The novel is an easy read I just haven't had the time to finish it, but I'm really looking forward to finishing it this weekend to see if there are any more connections. This season's finale did a great job of answering a lot of questions and setting up some new ones. Great to see Desmond back, I really enjoyed his flashbacks. Man, Lost and 24 should get off to some great starts next season!

That is what I think each show should get off to a bang.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 28th, 2006, 10:41:38 PM
The very next book I'm buying is Bad Twin. Apparently the 'authors' next book was supposed to be an expose of the Hanso Foundation. I think it has the same message as Lost as well - that every one of us has a 'bad twin' inside us. Case in point: Sawyer, who is 'turning over a new leaf' one minute and being his bad self another. I'm sure there are more specific things as well, I'll be reading it for clues.

We stayed in our hotel on Wednesday night to catch the Lost season finale and OMG it was awesome. I can't really say much more other than i hope Walt figures heavily in the new season and gets Michael to go back to the island. I figure either that, or the "you'll be rescued" is a ruse and the Others will just recapture Walt and kill Michael.

Plus Zeke's real name is Tom (?) and Miss Clue is Bea. Henry as their boss is awesome and explains why they wanted him back so bad. And Henry is afraid of HIS boss, who I assume is Hanso himself..?

Jedi Master Carr
May 28th, 2006, 11:03:37 PM
The very next book I'm buying is Bad Twin. Apparently the 'authors' next book was supposed to be an expose of the Hanso Foundation. I think it has the same message as Lost as well - that every one of us has a 'bad twin' inside us. Case in point: Sawyer, who is 'turning over a new leaf' one minute and being his bad self another. I'm sure there are more specific things as well, I'll be reading it for clues.

We stayed in our hotel on Wednesday night to catch the Lost season finale and OMG it was awesome. I can't really say much more other than i hope Walt figures heavily in the new season and gets Michael to go back to the island. I figure either that, or the "you'll be rescued" is a ruse and the Others will just recapture Walt and kill Michael.

Plus Zeke's real name is Tom (?) and Miss Clue is Bea. Henry as their boss is awesome and explains why they wanted him back so bad. And Henry is afraid of HIS boss, who I assume is Hanso himself..?

Well, I don't think Henry is Hanso. He very well maybe the leader of the Others but I think the leaders of Hanso and Dharma haven't been revealed yet. I was reading in the EW article about it, that the Him that has been refered several times won't show up till next season. I assume that is the leader of Dharma and or Hanso

Lilaena De'Ville
May 28th, 2006, 11:12:43 PM
No I meant that Henry's boss is Hanso. But it will probably be just someone higher up on the food chain in the Hanso orginization. The "he" who Henry was scared about while he was a prisoner.

Jedi Master Carr
May 28th, 2006, 11:40:12 PM
No I meant that Henry's boss is Hanso. But it will probably be just someone higher up on the food chain in the Hanso orginization. The "he" who Henry was scared about while he was a prisoner.

Ah got you, I must have miss read that.