Jan 17th, 2006, 09:02:03 PM
AFC Championship
Steelers at Broncos

NFC Championship
Panthers at Seahawks

Get your picks in before 1PM Sunday.

Jedieb
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:07:42 PM
You can argue that the 2 best remaining teams are both in the AFC. The Steelers may be a #6 seed, but they could have easily won their division if they hadn't of had that midseason slump and injuries to Rothlesberger.

I think the Panthers are interesting because they're only 1 season removed from their Superbowl appearance. When they've been bad, they've been pretty bad. When they've been good they've looked just like the preseason Superbowl pick SI had on their cover.

Lots of stuff to go over this week. Let the hype begin!

Jedieb
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:09:39 PM
AFC Championship
WINSteelers at Broncos

NFC Championship
Panthers at Seahawks WIN

sirdizzy
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:38:55 PM
Denver 34 Pittsburgh 24, tight tight tight game first half probably tied at halftime like 17-17. Late 3rd quarter steelers will start to run out of gas Denver will put up a cheap score or two and that will be the difference of the game.

Seattle 24 Carolina 20. Another tight game Seattle may even trail as much as a TD at halftime. Seattle will come out and make adjustments of a Fosterless Panthers team and shut them down the entire second half and win the game.

JMK
Jan 18th, 2006, 07:53:25 AM
Denver 28, Pittsburgh 24 - I'm sort of rooting for the Steelers and the Bus especially, but I don't think they'll have enough left in the tank. I think Denver comes up with a turnover in the 4th quarter that makes all the difference.

Seattle 31, Carolina 24. I don't know what to think about this game other than I think I'm picking wrong - I just can't make a strong enough case for Carolina at this point. They've been too inconsistent and I think that as well as Nick Goings did on Sunday, he won't be good enough to replace Foster for a full game.

Rutabaga
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:06:36 AM
AFC Championship
Steelers at Broncos (WIN)

NFC Championship
Panthers at Seahawks (WIN)

jjwr
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:16:41 AM
I want a Bronco's vs Seahawks Superbowl but I'm not sure yet who I'll pick.

JMK
Jan 18th, 2006, 10:39:09 AM
Wow, some people take football WAY too much....to heart?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10894188/from/RS.4/

Yog
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:44:09 PM
AFC Championship
Steelers at Broncos (W)

NFC Championship
Panthers at Seahawks (W)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:59:09 PM
AFC Championship
W Steelers at Broncos

NFC Championship
Panthers at Seahawks W

I can't pick the Broncos, sorry I hate them way too much to start picking them, besides I think Pittsburgh is on a role. It would be very funny if they won the SB, a 6 seed no less. Seattle will take care of Carolina, the fact Foster is out and that Peppers won't be a 100% if he plays will hurt them, combined that with Seattle at Home and that very loud stadium. I think tose factors are just too much for the Panthers.

Rutabaga
Jan 18th, 2006, 07:29:43 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Wow, some people take football WAY too much....to heart?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10894188/from/RS.4/

I saw that story yesterday, that's amazing. :eek

sirdizzy
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:02:57 PM
Great article on manning

'Manning lost only five games in Isidore Newman High in New Orleans, but three of those losses came in the state playoffs. He did not win a state championship. He lost only six games at Tennessee, but famously three of those losses were to Florida, and the Volunteers did not win the national championship until after he left.'

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/columnists/joe_posnanski/13635235.htm

jjwr
Jan 18th, 2006, 08:23:47 PM
I just can't see the Steelers winning in Denver, admittedly they aren't playing at home but I don't believe they'll pull it off. Cowher will find a way to choke it away.

Jedieb
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:44:44 AM
Not many of us are giving the Steelers a chance. I think the Steelers are better off on the road as dogs. They haven't done too well at home in this game. One thing is for sure, Denver is going to have to play BETTER than they did last week. They took care of business last week, but without those uncharacteristic NE turnovers, they don't win that game. Are the Steelers going to turn the ball over 5 times next week? The Steelers can't go after Plummer the same way they did Manning. Jake loves to run and I'm hard pressed to think of any QB in the league that throws better on the run. The Steelers and Broncos have two of the best run defenses AND offenses in the league. I'm going to watch that line early and see who starts pounding who.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2006, 12:20:20 PM
AFC Championship
Steelers WINat Broncos

NFC Championship
Panthers at SeahawksWIN

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 21st, 2006, 10:58:55 AM
AFC Championship
Steelers (W)at Broncos

NFC Championship
Panthers at Seahawks(W)

Ryan Pode
Jan 21st, 2006, 02:52:09 PM
It will be a Broncos/Panthers Superbowl....

so IN OTHER WORDS:

Broncos and Panthers will win.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2006, 05:48:04 PM
Well Ryan you are the first person to pick Carolina, I think you are wrong though. Carolina has two huge injuries. Foster is out so there running game will be that good. Peppers is hurt bad but is going to play he probably will end up being a non factor which will give the Panthers no pass rush against Seattle. Hassleback will have all day to throw and he is a very accurate QB. Seattle is amazing at home. I think they have lost like three games there the last three years. I think those factors favor the Seahawks.

jjwr
Jan 21st, 2006, 06:06:34 PM
If the Panthers hadn't lost Foster I would be very tempted to pick them but its hard to replace the top rusher in the playoffs so far and win against the #1 seed on the road.

My picks are Bronco's vs Seahawks.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2006, 06:45:31 PM
Yeah that is my opinion. Plus that really helps the Panthers against Smith, they will double team all game, and I think Delhome will probably force some throws to him resulting in some picks. As for me picking Pittsburgh I still think they can beat Denver, of course that is total biased I can't stand Denver.

sirdizzy
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:39:18 PM
Why not Carr what have we ever done to you, except maybe the divisionals in 1997 which amazingly enough is the only time we have ever played the chiefs in the post season

sirdizzy
Jan 21st, 2006, 08:01:51 PM
I think you should be bitter because your a chiefs fan and not because we kick the crap out of you every year. I was looking through the chiefs post season history and man you guys suck in the playoffs. Denver is 17-14 in the playoffs and about to play its 32nd playoff game. KC is 8-12 and has only made the playoffs 3 times since 1995 each time winning the afc west, getting the bye week then getting spanked out of the playoffs (twice as the #1 seed, once as the #2 seed 1995, 1997 and 2003) man thats gotta hurt no wonder your bitter,

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2006, 09:18:11 PM
I am not bitter, I hate the broncos because I am a Chiefs fan. Chiefs fans hate the Broncos and it is the same the other way around. I am sure if the Chiefs were playing in the SB you wouldn't be rooting for them would you? The only team I hate worse is the Raiders and that is because that is the Chiefs worst rival and it they both hate each others guts. Really I would compare the Chiefs rivalries to the Raiders and Broncos to the Yankees and Red Soxs. You don't see Red Sox fans rooting for the Yankees do you? Or vice versa for that matter.

jjwr
Jan 21st, 2006, 10:43:45 PM
I wouldn't be getting too high and might about the Bronco's just yet, yeah they've been in the playoffs a lot but so have the Bills and Eagles. Just cause a team goes a lot doesn't make it great. Bronco's were great in the mid 90's but they have yet to get back to that point. Ditto for the Steelers, they've made it a ton of times but until they win it they won't be looked at in the same way.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 21st, 2006, 10:54:51 PM
Steelers vs Denver

Panthers vs Seahawks

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:38:08 PM
Just a half hour from kickoff in Denver. The Panthers caught a break with that late start. It's going to feel like an afternoon game for them. Alexander is going to start, but I don't think the fog has cleared yet. The backup Morris got some snaps in practice so I think he's probably going to see a series or two.

Also, pay attention to the beards. I have to admit it, but Plummer's beard is giving Grizzly Adams a run for his money. Big Ben's beard looks like it's been going through chemo.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:38:25 PM
What a nice start for the Steelers. The officials have made the right calls on the turnovers, Cowher made the right decision to challenge, Ward made a great play for a 1st down. So far all the ingredients to another successful road game. Let's see if Denver can get on track here.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:53:15 PM
That was a big 4th down play. Without Anderson's second effort the Broncos would have been in a world of hurt. They're in the redzone now and need to at least come away with a FG. But like you said, this is a great start for the Steelers. They ate up the clock and got 2 scores.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:22:09 PM
I'm sorry, but isn't this a replay of the first half we saw last week in Indy? Big Ben and the Steelers are KILLING the Broncos on 3rd down and they're doing it through the air. So Big Ben, the QB that so many people say can't throw, is carrying his team in the first half again.

OH MAN, a HORRIBLE pass by Plummer! The Steelers can bury the Broncos here if they come away with another TD before the half. Wow, Jake is going to get killed after this game if the Steelers get a TD here.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:24:01 PM
17-3 Steelers. These guys are looking GREAT. If there's ever been a textbook for a perfect road game, this is it. Or was it last week vs Indy? Either way, this Steelers team is extremely tough. They're winning this one straight up. No refs bungling it, no crappy plays. Luck seems to be on their side thus far. Life is good for Steelers fans right now.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:26:01 PM
Man, the Broncos just got saved by that false start call on Bettis' second TD. The Steelers have 2nd down and plent of time to get 2 cracks at the endzone. They can't get greedy here and force a bad turnover. You've got the FG, don't throw the bad pic.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:28:03 PM
TD Hines Ward!!! Tell me again that Big Ben can't throw! As good a second year QB as I've seen and he just may be headed to the Superbowl. Watch this second half now, the Steelers are going to do the same thing they did last week in Indy, they're going to pound the ball. If they don't get some scores the Broncos will have an opportunity to get back in this game the way Indy did in the 4th quarter.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:29:31 PM
I think one more score in the second half will be the dagger. Aslong as it comes sometime near the end of the 3rd or early 4th quarter.

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:48:00 PM
I think a 24-3 halftime deficit is enough to end the running Broncos.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:48:15 PM
Wow, the crowd is just out of it. The Steelers can just bury them with this opening drive. I wonder if Jake and Shanahan are having flashbacks of those last 2 playoff pastings the Colts gave them?

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:53:38 PM
Two third downs on this drive so far and the Steelers convert on both of them. That's the story of the game right there. The Broncos have been used and abused on 3rd drive. The Steelers are another first down away from FG range. Somebody has to step up on that defense and make a play or this is going to get really ugly here.

Here comes another 3rd down.....the Broncos hold and the Steelers are at the 35. I'd go for it, because a punt isn't going to get you much and a 53 yarder is too risky right now.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:24:34 PM
Denver gets a TD closer. This game could start to resemble last week's game vs Indy if Denver keeps the pressure on.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:27:46 PM
Big FG attempt here, the Broncos would get a lot of mo with a miss here............ it's good! It's a 3 score game again with less than 14 minutes. Time is running out on Denver.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:34:20 PM
:lol

No Mistake Jake? Pfft.

Looks like he got caught up in the moment (again) and put the nail in the coffin. I thought the big return was the continuation of the big comeback, but nope. Jake gives it all back. All this talk this season as him being an MVP candidate, all the praise he received for not throwing picks...all that talk should be gone now.

Somewhere Sirdizzy is pounding the crap out of his couch or barstool.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:35:30 PM
Game over. I don't see how Plummer failed to see Foote drop back. After that return the Broncos were in perfect position to get a quick score and close to 10 points. Now Mile High is quieting down and the Steelers are going to start pounding the rock and bleeding the clock dry. This is another 2-3 minutes off the clock even if they don't get a first down.

Broncos hold and force an incompletion that keeps the clock at 11:47. But man, they had a golden opportunity with that return. It's going to take a complete Steelers collapse for the Broncons to avoid suffering their first AFC Championship home loss.

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:41:59 PM
Its funny how less and less home field meets in the playoffs. When the teams are this good unless you have a ridiculous home field edge(Pats a few years ago, not this year) then it doesn't mean much.

If the score stays this will be the 2nd year in a row the AFC Champ won on the road.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:47:15 PM
I think it's actually been a few years since both home teams won in the Championship round. I think it's been a split for something like 5 years. HF still means a lot, but it's not a lock. What's shocking is that we're seeing a 6 seed win 3 games on the road. But I've said it before, the Steelers aren't your typical #6 seed. That's usually a team that's lucky to make the playoffs. The Steelers could have easily been a #3 or #4 seed.

With some penalties and that great catch by Lelie the Broncos are making it interesting. It's a 2 score game again with just under 8 on the clock. The Broncos are going to get the 2 possessions they need. It's up to their defense to stop the Steelers or at least hold them to a FG down the stretch.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:53:38 PM
A 3 and out that featured an incomplete pass so Denver is in good shape. The question is can Jake stay away from the game clinching INT? They have to throw and the Steelers are going to be dropping back and sending the odd LB to blizt and try to make the big play.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:58:12 PM
Just like last week in Indy, the Steelers come up with 3rd and 4th down sacks to kill desperation drives. Denver is still in this game if they come up with a 3 and out and a FG, but a couple of first downs and the party is over. Bettis just gave them a solid first down run. The Broncos just called a timeout and only have 1 left.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:00:44 PM
No timeouts left and a fresh series of downs. It's OVER. The Steelers will run 3 straight times and get the clock under 3 minutes.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:02:10 PM
TD Big Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take that Big Ben Bashers!!! :shootin

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:02:13 PM
Nah this one is over. I guess all the Steelers needed was to be on the road in the AFC Champ game to get in.

They definetly weren't a typical #6 seed, they got a great break in round #1 by playing the fading Bengals but the last two have been huge wins regardless of the seed.

I still say the Colts were the best team this year and better than the Steelers but they killed themselves by resting for over a month.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:09:46 PM
Well I think we saw the Colts problem, or at least one of the main issues they have in getting over the top: Peyton needs to grow up. When you start a sentence with "I don't want to be a bad teammate, but..." It's safe to say that you're about to be a bad teammate.

The Steelers have been just spectacular today. The Broncos have been the total polar opposite. Plummer especially. 4 turnovers, all by him, even though this latest fumble was meaningless.

Congrats to the Steel! And I'm pulling for the Bus in 2 weeks!

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:18:33 PM
What surprises me is how similiar their last 2 wins were. They did the same thing to both Indy and Denver. They beat them through the air, not the ground. Denver actually did a good job in the first half against the run. But the Steelers kept converting one thrid down after another with the pass. Then they got conservative in both second halves and let the other team back in the game for a bit. But in both cases the defense made plays when it had to. This week, unlike last week, there was no referee to make the game closer than it should have been.

I still say the Colts were the best team this year and better than the Steelers but they killed themselves by resting for over a month.

I agree that the Colts were the best team during the regular season, but I think it was more than just resting their guys. I saw them lose in much the same way they've ended each of their playoff runs. They didn't look all that different. Teams adjusted to them but they stubbornly refused to adapt. But like last year, the dominant regular season AFC team is home watching the playoffs. The Steelers clearly learned something from last year's 15-1 season and home AFC Championship loss, maybe the Colts will learn the same kind of lesson this offseason.

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:35:14 PM
Anyone but Pittsburgh. PLEASE. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:39:35 PM
Great game by the Steelers, I am really happy for the Bus.

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:51:47 PM
While I would like to see the Bus win one I don't want the rest of the Steelers to...is that possible?

I'm rooting for the Seahawks all the way at this point.

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:06:42 PM
7-0 Seahawks and the Panthers look like they are sleep walking out there.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:07:29 PM
Yeah that was some drive, looks like Panthers are having some jetlag or something. Better look out, if they don't wake up they will be down by a lot real quick.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:09:05 PM
The Panthers LB's looked clueless on that TD pass. On offense it's still early, but they need to find a way to get Steve Smith involved and quick. If the Seahawks offense gets on a roll they could pile up points quick.

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:13:37 PM
INT and the Seahawks are in great field positions. This could get ugly real quick. We've all seen the two different Panthers team and this may be the B team....

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:14:34 PM
Delhomme finally went to Smith and got burned badly. That was a pretty INT. We're FINALLY seeing a #1 seed look dominant in the playoffs. Seahawks have goal to go...

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:19:18 PM
They are playing Smith brilliantly, its going to be hard to get him the ball.

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:25:56 PM
Second pick. Panthers have no running game = no offense = Seahawk/Steeler superbowl.

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:26:22 PM
INT #2....this game is almost over by the end of the 1st Quarter. Seahawks are destroying them on offense and defense.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:28:16 PM
Yeah they have knocked out their RB and Delhomme is playing horrible, although a lot of that is Seattle. Their defense is just swarming out there.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:29:45 PM
Delhomme has some great playoff stats, but he looks horrible out there right now. They showed his playoff QB ratings earlier and 5/6 were over 100. That last INT was bizarre. What the hell was he looking at when he let that ball go? Nice run by Alexander to get goal to go. You figure he's going to get at least 2 chances to get the ball in the endzone.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:32:50 PM
That was a great play on first down, the Panthers really bit on the run. Hasselback just missed a wide open Strong. But on 2nd down with everyone in the stadium knowing who was going to get the ball Alexander takes it in. Even when the Steelers went up big today you had the feeling that Denver was going to keep things interesting. I don't get that from Carolina. This game has gotten out of hand and I think it's going to stay that way.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:48:02 PM
First bad call by the Refs today, that was a block in the back, why in the world did they pick the flag up?

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:49:16 PM
That wasnt bad. His hand was on the hip, not back. And he barely touched the guy.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:53:20 PM
He touched him on the back, the announcers said it. And also it doesn't matter how much you touch them, I seen refs call that a million times against guys, they should have picked it up.

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:53:29 PM
Speaking of calls, I was watching the Steelers game earlier and had the sound off as I was trying to take a nap and saw the Parker fumble and then the overturn. Did they give an explanation? From all the replays you couldn't see for sure that his knee was down so it shouldn't have been overturned.

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:54:37 PM
He had control of the ball when his forearm hit the ground. Eh. But the contact wouldn't have outcomed the punt return.

jjwr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:57:49 PM
Was that in answer to my question?

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:58:37 PM
The first part yes. Before the "Eh"

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:21:32 PM
20-7 halftime, If Carolina keeps having trouble moving the ball they will have no chance in this game.

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:23:01 PM
They need to put Steve Smith in at defensive and running back.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:26:25 PM
LOL yeah at the is point they should go for it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:39:37 PM
That is really impressed. Seattle drove down the field with ease making the score 27-7 now.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:44:39 PM
That's how you bury a team in the second half. The Panthers look overmatched on defense right now. Alexander is in a groove. He made some nice moves cutting back to the middle of the field on that drive and Hassleback is just picking the secondary apart. Unless Steve Smith can do some kind of Bugs Bunny impersonation, the Panthers are going to get crushed in the second half.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:53:12 PM
Well, dizzy's alive, he was here a minute ago. I'm sure he's just gathering his thoughts. :evil

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:12:21 PM
LOL well I am not going to gloat I am not that way ;) That last INT just about seals this game. Seattle's defense has been amazing.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:22:39 PM
Not a good day if your name is Jake.

Who's been worse? Plummer or Delhomme? Plummer was godawful all day - 2 fumbles and 2 picks. Delhomme has thrown 3 picks so far and hasn't done anything. His QB rating was at a robust 1.6 before that last pick. It's probably lower than that now, if that's even possible. I'd have to say that Delhomme is winning the bad Jake day by a little bit at this point. At least Plummer nearly made it interesting.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:33:58 PM
I think Delhomme has clearly had the worst day. Plummer made some bad throws, but he did keep his team in the game and put up some numbers. Delhomme has been just wretched. Alexander just went in for another score and it's time to start resting people and avoid unnecessary injuries. The Seahawks did a great job on Smith and Delhomme and the other receivers clearly couldn't adapt.

sirdizzy
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:43:42 PM
Sorry that game sucked and I plan on moping for at least 2 days. So I just wrote my Brokeback Mountain review for my website and I am going to go watch Ong Bak.

And I am an afc guy I will be cheering for the steelers in the superbowl, only 2 times in my life have I cheered for the NFC (the bucs/raiders game because I'd die before I'd cheer for the raiders for anything and the bears/NE game because the bears were the coolest team to a 7 year old and they had the fridge) and yes that means Carr if the Cheifs were to get to the big game I would cheer for them (yes I would cheer for them to lose to every afc team first but they would be who I'd cheer for in the superbowl). I never felt the animosity between our two teams that many fans feel, I love playing the chiefs its the raiders I hate and despise.

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:47:41 PM
Championship Round
jedieb 2-0
Lamar 2-0
Nathanial K'cansce 2-0
LD 2-0
Carr 2-0
JMK 1-1
Jinn 1-1
jjwr 1-1
Yog 1-1
dizzy 1-1
Ryan 0-2

Playoffs
Ryan 7-3
dizzy 7-3
jjwr 7-3
Nathanial K'cansce 7-3
Yog 6-4
JMK 6-4
jedieb 6-4
LD 6-4
Carr 6-4
Jinn 5-5
Lamar 2-0

Five of us correctly predicted the Superbowl teams. Most of us got at least one game right and in a return to normalcy, only one person put up a bagel. Congrats Ryan, your back to form! ;)

Jedieb
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:51:32 PM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
Sorry that game sucked and I plan on moping for at least 2 days. So I just wrote my Brokeback Mountain review for my website and I am going to go watch Ong Bak.

And I am an afc guy I will be cheering for the steelers in the superbowl, only 2 times in my life have I cheered for the NFC (the bucs/raiders game because I'd die before I'd cheer for the raiders for anything and the bears/NE game because the bears were the coolest team to a 7 year old and they had the fridge) and yes that means Carr if the Cheifs were to get to the big game I would cheer for them (yes I would cheer for them to lose to every afc team first but they would be who I'd cheer for in the superbowl). I never felt the animosity between our two teams that many fans feel, I love playing the chiefs its the raiders I hate and despise.

My condolences on seeing your favorite team go down. I was rooting for the Steelers big time, but they're not one of my favorite childhood teams and I know how painful it is to watch your HomerTeam lose the big game. Keep your chin up, Jake made some big strides this season and at least he wasn't as bad as Delhomme.

sirdizzy
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:56:04 PM
you'll need to add a tie breaker for the superbowl I think maybe the point spread or something

this is how I would rank the teams I would cheer to win the superbowl

#1 Denver
#2-14 any afc team I honestly don't care after the broncos
#13 KC Chiefs, I don't like em but there still and AFC team and I'd root for them before any NFC team
#14 Indianapolis, I have come to hate the colts and would have trouble cheering for them
#15 New England, maybe in a few years when I am not so sick of them they will up on the list again
#16 Seattle, this the one NFC team I like partly because they were an AFC west team and I miss them in our division
#17-30 All the other NFC teams, don't like em don't want to see em win superbowls
#31 Dallas Cowboys, the NFC team I hate the most may they die and burn in he!!
#32 Raiders

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:16:07 PM
Great game by Seattle, good to see them make their first SB. They played a great game against Smith, I have to say that.

Ryan Pode
Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:16:46 PM
Go Seahawks.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:30:31 PM
I actually think it will be a great SB, I think it will come down to the end because both teams are playing great, especially on defense. Both teams have good accurate QBs, should be a great game in two weeks.

jjwr
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:15:25 AM
Why not have everyone pick the score as well? If we end up with a tie then whoever has the closest total points gets the cake.

I'm looking forward to the game, as a Pats fan it had gotten a bit stale so it'll be nice to give another team a chance before the Pats come back next year healthy and reloaded :)

jjwr
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:16:40 AM
Also, heard a stat that this is the 10th straight year that at least one road team has won their respective championship. Pats were the #1 seed only once, though playing Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship is like playing at home :)

Rutabaga
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:07:11 AM
I'll be rooting for Seattle, purely because they've never been to the Super Bowl before. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:54:49 AM
Everyone here is going bananas about the Seahawks. I think they're going down in the Super Bowl though.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:27:20 AM
I am rooting for Seattle for the same reason Jinn, it be a nice story to see them win.

JMK
Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:03:42 PM
IMO Bettis will be the story of this Superbowl. Probably in his last game, in his home town after the career he had. He's going to be the emotional good guy in this one, and frankly he deserves to win the Lombardi trophy.

Ryan Pode
Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:14:27 PM
Seattle has never had a superbowl win. Therefore they deserve it more than one man.

jjwr
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:59:20 PM
I would like to see Bettis get it but the Seahawks have had such a tumultuous life that I would like to see them get it more. Steelers have had plenty of shots and as good as Cowher is you know the team will be back.

Jedieb
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:40:12 PM
This Steelers team's trophy case is just as bare as the Seahawks. Those 4 trophies belong to Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain so I don't feel too bad for the Seahawks not having one. Plus, Holgrem already has his, time for Cowher to get his ring. The guy is the longest tenured coach in the NFL and he's been a consistent winner throughout his run. After Landry and Shula were unceremoniously shown the door I never thought we'd see another NFL coach make a run at 15 or 20 years with the same team. I think Cowher will do it, especially if he wins a ring this year. Plus, I love Bettis. He's always been a standup guy and I like the way he runs. Anyone that fat who can move that fast gets my support. I'd love for him to have a great game and even win the MVP trophy. Let him go out like Elway.

Ryan Pode
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:48:01 PM
No. Let him lose and retire. The Bus is overrated.

JMK
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:11:50 AM
Now there's some AFC North bitterness coming out....

Ryan Pode
Jan 24th, 2006, 08:17:53 AM
He is. He's had one 100 yard game against the ravens since 1997. ONE.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:14:30 AM
Man Skip Bayless might never want to go near the Northwest after writing these two articles
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060120
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060123

That is very cruel the way he picked on seattle in both, that man has no class.

JMK
Jan 24th, 2006, 02:36:48 PM
Someone needs to put a muzzle on that guy. I get a kick out of his articles when he rips T.O., but he never has anything positive to say.