PDA

View Full Version : 24 season 5

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:00:06 PM
Anybody else going to watch this later tonight? I am big fan of the show and it is one my favorites, been waiting for the season premier all week This season there is suppose to be a big shock within the first 10 minutes, so I am curious about that. Also Kiefer looks great in the previews I have seen.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 08:37:08 PM
I haven't watched this show since a couple of episodes in the first season. I'm watching it now and I have to say I'm hooked. This is a damn good beginning. My In-Laws just bought the first 4 seasons on DVD. I'm going to start watching these and get caught up.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:19:37 PM
Yeah this season started off very intense and with two huge shocks First David Palmer gets assasinated, that was shocking and then Michelle gets killed in a car bomb and her husband Tony injured both intense moments. Tomorrow looks even better the showdown with the Russian terrorists at the airport looks like it is going to be great. Still I was sadden to see two characters killed. Its going to be rough to see how Tony reacts when he recovers.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:34:31 PM
IF he recovers

;)

But yes I agree with your assessment. I was shocked and awed by how brillant this show is and willing to take risks.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:40:23 PM
he will recover, he is listed as a regular for this season, I think he is going to be unconcious for a few more episodes but that is just my feeling. Tony is one of my favorite characters on the show after Jack, so I want to see him live although it is going to be depressing to see how he truly reacts to Michelle's death.

Liam Jinn
Jan 16th, 2006, 07:58:20 PM
I haven't caught any of the previous seasons, and now I kinda regret it. I've been watching the new season, and I like it. I guess I have to buy the new seasons now...

Rutabaga
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:04:05 PM
I don't watch 24, but here's something that hopefully those of you who watch the show will enjoy:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res07tt5/foxtrot24.gif

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:07:45 PM
This season so far is off to a great start. The two episodes today were great and now Sean Astin (aka Sam) shows up at CTU. Not sure what to make of him, he was rather jerky, and sounds like the boss from helll but he could turn out better than I think will have to see on him. As for the two hours Man when are they going to get on to that Cummings he is a snake. I hope Jack and him are alone in a room together. And it looks like the entire hostage situation was a smoke screen so they could get thier hands on the nerve gas which is even worse. Also the acting is top notch, especially from Kiefer. Jean Smart is great as well as the first lady, although her husband is a moron. Can't wait for next Monday.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 16th, 2006, 09:08:08 PM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
I don't watch 24, but here's something that hopefully those of you who watch the show will enjoy:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res07tt5/foxtrot24.gif

LOL yeah I saw that today it made me laugh.

Dutchy
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:00:07 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Jean Smart is great as well as the first lady, although her husband is a moron.

Indeed, Logan is a loser.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:10:05 PM
Great episode tonight
First Sean Astin's character is just losing it. He has become the boss from Hell and is runing CTU really badly. And then there is Logan who one couldn't think do anything worse but he gave the Bad guys the Russian President' car info. What a putz and I wonder what he will do when he finds out his wife is in the car. That was one big cliffhanger there. Finally, I am loving the new bad guy played by Julian Sands he is already entering into the upper ranks of 24 Villains (Nina, Max, Mandy and Gaines). Can't wait for the next episode.

Jedieb
Feb 21st, 2006, 08:22:32 AM
Could Logan be any more indeciaive and spineless? His wife has a bigger pair. I guess after Palmer they wanted a more flawed President. Samwise has just lost it. It's only a matter of time before his key card winds up in the wrong hands or he gets blackmailed for it. When that bites him in the butt it'll be sweet comeuppance. Frodo would be so dissapointed in him.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:15:06 PM
Forgot to post on the last episode First Logan gets even more spineless if that was even possible. Man he is a horrible person not to mention president. To even think about letting his wife die was bad. Second Lynn finally cracked, he was flipping out firing everybody in sight, the way he was going there wouldn't haven't been anybody left. I have to say Astin really played that character well. And finally Peter Weller looks to be one of the bad guys. That was a big plot twist there at the end he made you think that Nina Myers or George Mason may have set him up then he tries to blow Jack up. Jack will be looking for some payback now. Next week Kim comes back to the show (as long as she leaves the cougars behind :p). Tony wakes up, now that is going to be one sad moment but I think Tony is going to be looking for some revenge.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 6th, 2006, 10:16:31 PM
Great two episodes though the last one ended very sad that was sad that Edgar died like that, I knew he was going to die when he went looking for Carrie. Now Jack and company are trapped with gas all around them. I am really can't wait for the next episode.

Park Kraken
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:09:48 PM
*SPOILER FOR TODAY'S EPISODE*

How the episode developed it was obvious that it wouldn't be Kim's boyfriend that made the sacrafice like I thought it would be. Lynn's death was kind of sad, espically since his sister has also died. Tony's death though was an asbolute shocker, I did not see this coming, at least not yet in the series. But wow, there is going to be serious payback, and the new team coming in won't help sounds like, I wonder if these are some of the people that are on the inside though.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 13th, 2006, 09:35:25 PM
Originally posted by Park Kraken
*SPOILER FOR TODAY'S EPISODE*

How the episode developed it was obvious that it wouldn't be Kim's boyfriend that made the sacrafice like I thought it would be. Lynn's death was kind of sad, espically since his sister has also died. Tony's death though was an asbolute shocker, I did not see this coming, at least not yet in the series. But wow, there is going to be serious payback, and the new team coming in won't help sounds like, I wonder if these are some of the people that are on the inside though.

I know I was shocked too I am stunned, Tony was my second favorite character after Jack so I am very sad he is gone, I think this to build up Jack's vengance against Hendersen and he will make him pay for what he has done in the last episode. Hendersen is one dead man I can tell you that. Lynn's death I saw comming he went out like George Mason in season 2 he did the honorable thing, but Tony man. I was kinda of hoping maybe he isn't dead because of no silent clock but it is the NY Times dated tomorrow and Carlos Benard is even quoted in the article so I guess he is a goner :(. Now I have to wait to see Jack get his revenge.

Sanis Prent
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:05:34 PM
I watched my first episode of 24 tonight. Needless to say, I'm a little underwhelmed.

The part where Jack threatens that girl he's interrogating, points the US Marshall's glock at her, and then RACKS THE SLIDE DRAMATICALLY, if you take a look at the gun, the slide's a good inch out of battery. Way to go Jack. You jammed your gun. It won't fire. Guess you could beat her to death with it, lol.

James Prent
Mar 27th, 2006, 11:08:43 PM
Jack can't be perfect every second of the day!!

;)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 28th, 2006, 09:35:56 AM
Actually beating someone to death with a Glock would be about right in 24.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2006, 01:41:53 PM
Yeah Jack has done that a lot in the show. He wouldn't want to kill her, just torture her to the point where she would talk. I thought the last episode was great, especially the end Loved seeing Jack running as everything was blowing up around him that was very intense. And I am sure he is still alive. I don't see them killing Jack off. One thing there are rumors that they is going to be a shocking twist to this season. The Mastermind behind everything will be revealed and he or she will be somebody we least suspect.

Ryan Pode
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:50:52 PM
The new president.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:34:42 PM
I think you might be on to something

Ryan Pode
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:03:21 PM
I bet his wife is a traitor too.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2006, 05:14:39 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
I bet his wife is a traitor too.

I actually doubt his wife is one. I suspect though Audrey's father is involved in it though

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:09:01 PM
Big Shocker
So Logan is the mastermind. I was right when I guessed it, although it was a wild guess. Now Jack is really going to have his hands full. There aren't too many people he can trust.

Ryan Pode
Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:16:56 PM
HUGE!! I didn't know he had the guts to do it.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:17:51 PM
HUGE!! I didn't know he had the guts to do it.

Well I think he has been pretending to be stupid and weak. It does make since, I see the comparisons to Kaiser Soze

Ryan Pode
Apr 3rd, 2006, 09:41:16 PM
Poor Jack, whole world is against him now.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:06:41 PM
Poor Jack, whole world is against him now.

Yeah he has few people to turn to. Although, I bet he asks Buchanan for help since he is on the outside now. And I also have a feeling Audrey's father will be pulled back into this, not sure whose side he is on. What Jack needs to do is get evidence and give it to the VP since I am guessing he is good.

Park Kraken
Apr 6th, 2006, 10:05:28 PM
What I'm betting will happen now is that Logan will set up the VP for a fall, blaming him for what's happened today, set him up as the leak in his place. The big question in my mind, is A) Is Mike Novec in it, and B) Is the President's wife in it? B) I'm certain the answer is no, but then again I was sure that Logan was not involved. I also betcha that all the laid off CTU employees reform into an outside unofficial agency to continue their mission.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:03:12 PM
What I'm betting will happen now is that Logan will set up the VP for a fall, blaming him for what's happened today, set him up as the leak in his place. The big question in my mind, is A) Is Mike Novec in it, and B) Is the President's wife in it? B) I'm certain the answer is no, but then again I was sure that Logan was not involved. I also betcha that all the laid off CTU employees reform into an outside unofficial agency to continue their mission.

I think it is safe to say that Martha knows nothing about it. I say that because she confronted Logan with nobody in the room and told him that Palmer was going to tell her something, and she went on about this conspiracy. So I think she can't be involved. Now, how will she react when she finds out the truth is the question. Novick could be either way. I could have sided with Logan because he was mad still at Palmer for firing him in Season 2. However, he did warn Palmer about what cummings was going to do to Jack last season. I guess we will have to wait and see about him. The other mystery is Heller (William Devane) I think he will come back and help Jack right now. If he turns out to be bad, I can't see how Jack could even stop Logan.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:13:20 PM
Intense episode First Heller was a fool, he should have listened to Jack. I so hope Henderson goes down soon, I hate that man. Next week looks great, can't wait to see what happens.

Park Kraken
Apr 18th, 2006, 12:46:23 PM
I was actually suprised by Heller's "betrayal", an interesting twist to the story. As long as either one of them don't end up dead by the end of the series I would think it highly likely that Jack and Audrey end up married. I think Heller will probably end up dead though, and I wonder what happened to the secret service guy. But it appears that Mike Novec isn't in on it, and I feel he will play an important part in the final stage. I also have the feeling that as a last resort Logan will call in the Chinese to get rid of Jack

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 24th, 2006, 08:54:44 PM
Terrific episode if Itzin (Logan) and Jean Smart don't get emmys for their performance then a crime has been committed. They were both terrific in that episode. I loved that scene with them when he told her the truth. And poor Audrey losing her father like that was awful. I hate Henderson even more, I can't wait till somebody kills that creep. Who are these new guys? It looks Logan is being manipulated by someone. That one guy with the glasses used to be in ER I know that. I like next week's episode Jack taking a plane hostage :).

Park Kraken
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:04:39 AM
This weeks episode was interesting, for a second there I thought Audrey was going to die as well, that would really have pissed me off. I think it won't be too long now before Logan is captured, and then they go after the people who are manipulating Logan. I'm thinking that they are like a corporate alliance of bosses or something like that, kind of like the group the one guy had running in the last Tombraider movie. The airplane apparently has British and French delegates on board, I wonder where it is heading? Could be a real sticky situation for Jack if it lands in China

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 26th, 2006, 11:07:59 AM
This weeks episode was interesting, for a second there I thought Audrey was going to die as well, that would really have pissed me off. I think it won't be too long now before Logan is captured, and then they go after the people who are manipulating Logan. I'm thinking that they are like a corporate alliance of bosses or something like that, kind of like the group the one guy had running in the last Tombraider movie. The airplane apparently has British and French delegates on board, I wonder where it is heading? Could be a real sticky situation for Jack if it lands in China

I am wondering if they are connected to the Season 2 Villains the ones Nina worked for. We have never really found out who those people were.

Park Kraken
May 16th, 2006, 12:24:14 AM
Well, tonight was really an interesting episode. The main question I have, is whether or not Henderson either really did intend to help CTU or if he really had betrayed them and was covering his tracks with that flash drive excuse. I guess we'll see next episode. Ah, so much happening.

Here is what I think will happen. Bierko carries out his revenge and the people who Logan works for are wiped out by a multipule warhead missile, and Logan himself is brought to justice one way or another. Henderson dies by the president before he is taken down, and Bierko is killed by Jack. I think Mike Novic and Martha are the ones to take down Logan himself.

Ryan Pode
May 16th, 2006, 12:27:42 AM
How about in the previews for the massive gun fight that takes place at the President's complex?

Park Kraken
May 16th, 2006, 12:36:17 AM
I must of missed that scene.

Well in that case...

I guess CTU or the military might move to take control of the president's retreat, or something of the like

Jedi Master Carr
May 16th, 2006, 11:13:35 AM
Last night was great, I am wondering if any of those missels will hit their targets next week. First Hendersen, Jack will either kill him or he will escape to come back next season (kind of like Nina) I hate Hendersen and would love to see Jack kill him badly, but they might keep him around like they did with Nina (heck they kept her alive for three seasons). I think Bierko will be killed. Now Logan's handlers will not be found out, IMO. They will survive this and here is my theory. I think that scene will be somewhat true, I think Jack will point and gun and say, "We will have Justice here and now." And Logan will start squeeling. He is too much the weasle I think he will talk but his handlers will be too scared to let him lived and right before he gives Jack anything useful a bullet will come out and kill him. Jack will try to chase down who did it but the person will escape. I think the last scene will reveal that the sniper was Mandy (the assasin from Seasons 1, 2, and 4). I think that will fit in with the mystery of the show, and parrell Season 2 when Mandy tried to kill Palmer

Jedieb
May 16th, 2006, 09:06:39 PM
After last week's gothca ending I made up my mind that I'm not watching any more until the season is over and Tivo can let me watch the last 3 episodes in one afternoon. It's a 24 staple, but that ending was just too much. How many episodes was Jack chasing that damn recording just to have it erased right at the end of the hour? I was looking forward to Bush ending it all and then the bastard gets a last second reprieve.

Ooops, some wishfull thinking there.

Ryan Pode
May 16th, 2006, 11:21:48 PM
Too much was watching Curtis get shot. For a moment, I thought he was done. :(

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2006, 04:23:00 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
After last week's gothca ending I made up my mind that I'm not watching any more until the season is over and Tivo can let me watch the last 3 episodes in one afternoon. It's a 24 staple, but that ending was just too much. How many episodes was Jack chasing that damn recording just to have it erased right at the end of the hour? I was looking forward to Bush ending it all and then the bastard gets a last second reprieve.

Ooops, some wishfull thinking there.

I think he will get what he deserves, as for the ending well it fits 24. They love to pull the rug out from under you right that. It made me hate Myles though almost as much as Hendersen.

Jedi Master Carr
May 22nd, 2006, 08:06:43 PM
Exciting though frustrating end First I loved it how Jack killed Hendersen. He gave him a gun with no bullets that was great. He deserved his fate. Then it was brilliant how he took down the president, I loved how him, Novick and the First lady set him up. The only thing that sucked is the Chinese came back and got Jack. I was wondering when and if they come back. Since Jack will be back we know that somebody will have to go and save his butt. Oh and I wondered what will happen to those guys that were above Logan, I was waiting for Mandy to kill him but it didn't happen. Well, it was still a great final two hours suck have to wait another 7 months.

Jedieb
May 23rd, 2006, 07:07:58 PM
That ending was BRUTAL!!!! I couldn't stand seeing Jack taken away by the Chinese like that. I'm on the 5th episode of Season 3 so I'm still a day away from everything that happened with the Chinese, but I knew they were the reason behind his faking his death. I don't think that next season is just going to be about rescuing Jack. That puts him in too passive a mode. There has to be some kind of rescue, but I'm thinking that it will include stopping Jack from doing something horrible. I think the Chinese are going to brainwash him.

Jedi Master Carr
May 23rd, 2006, 08:07:41 PM
I also think that this next day will take place a few days at most after day 5. I think Logan might be going through his impeachment and we will learn more about these guys who were controlling him

Park Kraken
May 24th, 2006, 02:57:59 PM
Ok, I just got back from vacation and watched the last episodes on Tivo. Going back to some of my predictions about what would happen:

Here is what I think will happen. Bierko carries out his revenge and the people who Logan works for are wiped out by a multipule warhead missile, and Logan himself is brought to justice one way or another. Henderson dies by the president before he is taken down, and Bierko is killed by Jack. I think Mike Novic and Martha are the ones to take down Logan himself.

Ok, the last two, Bierko is killed by Jack and Novic and Martha taken down Logan, with assistance, came to fruition.

And finally at the end I was screaming, "I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT". The Chinese got Jack.

I think we will see a very interesting next series. Early predictions: The original plot was orchestrated by the Chinese to either eliminate the Russians, the terroists, or America and to open the door to territorial expansion, and the people who controlled Logan are working with the Chinese Goverment, and with Logan in custody, they will brainwash and make Jack Bauer their new puppet, with his first mission to kill Logan to where he will never talk, and CTU must stop/rescue Jack in his mission and to save him from the Chinese.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2006, 04:58:08 PM
Ok, I just got back from vacation and watched the last episodes on Tivo. Going back to some of my predictions about what would happen:

Ok, the last two, Bierko is killed by Jack and Novic and Martha taken down Logan, with assistance, came to fruition.

And finally at the end I was screaming, "I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT". The Chinese got Jack.

I think we will see a very interesting next series. Early predictions: The original plot was orchestrated by the Chinese to either eliminate the Russians, the terroists, or America and to open the door to territorial expansion, and the people who controlled Logan are working with the Chinese Goverment, and with Logan in custody, they will brainwash and make Jack Bauer their new puppet, with his first mission to kill Logan to where he will never talk, and CTU must stop/rescue Jack in his mission and to save him from the Chinese.

Interesting theory. I could see that happening.

Jedieb
May 24th, 2006, 05:44:50 PM
I the "Jack is brainwashed" theory is the one we're headed. I also think we're looking at the next day taking place at least a few months from now. Jack was in no condition to do anything but bleed at the end of this last episode. Plus, breaking him is going to take TIME. After every thing we've seen this guy go through, does anyone think he can be brainwashed in a day or two? Hell no! Next season should be pretty sweet.

Oriadin
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:00:22 AM
Something that bugged me about season 5... what happend to Wayne??

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2006, 06:16:55 PM
Something that bugged me about season 5... what happend to Wayne??

I am guessing you mean Wayne Palmer, well Buchanan brought him home but that was the end of his story. I guess he didn't want to face off against Logan with his Brother's body. Althogh Wayne will defintely return as he will be the new President in Season Six. I guess his brothers death and Logan's treachery made him run and of course concidering what happened he won in a land slide I bet.

Oriadin
Nov 28th, 2006, 05:59:31 AM
I am guessing you mean Wayne Palmer, well Buchanan brought him home but that was the end of his story. I guess he didn't want to face off against Logan with his Brother's body. Althogh Wayne will defintely return as he will be the new President in Season Six. I guess his brothers death and Logan's treachery made him run and of course concidering what happened he won in a land slide I bet.

It was just that he was with Buchanan, and then they seemed to foget about him. Buchanan pops up without Wayne and I was left scratching my head wondering what happened to him.