PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Deep up for Joker

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 04:56:54 PM
This is a rumor at this stage but here you go
http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Also Rachel Weitz for Talia (Ras' Al'Ghul's daughter). Now Depp is the big story, I would love it. Depp is an amazing actor and could pull off the Joker easily.

Jedieb
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:17:12 PM
Not only could he pull it off, but he's got the star power to make the picture that much bigger. He's also young enough to match up well with Bale. If they get Depp cast then I think you're looking at a Batman sequel that could easily outgross BB by 50-$100M.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:50:49 PM
That is what I and I bet WB thinks, it could make 300 easily with Depp.

Mitch
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:52:30 PM
No no no and NO!

Christopher Eccleston. He is the only true choice to play the best Joker the world has ever seen.

Droo
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:49:12 PM
http://www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?t=5320 - found that via google moments after reading your post, Mitch.

There's really no doubt over whether or not Johnny Depp could play the Joker. The guy is the best actor of his generation.

Darth McBain
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:04:15 AM
Depp could definitely do a good job as the Joker, but for some reason I hope they don't go with him.

JMK
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:17:26 AM
I think Depp would turn it down out of respect for his good friend Tim Burton, who of course did the 1989 version of Batman in which the gold standard of Joker roles is contained. He may feel like he's stabbing Burton in the back by trying to out-do or draw comparisons between the new Batman movies and the old.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:35:39 PM
Burton could tell him to do it as well, Burton might have no hard feelings since he still works for WB.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:46:57 AM
Yeah it could go either way, but I think he'd do a great job as Joker.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 16th, 2006, 04:37:51 PM
Originally posted by Mitch
No no no and NO!

Christopher Eccleston. He is the only true choice to play the best Joker the world has ever seen.

Except Depp is a far better actor. I say hell yeah!

Mitch
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:46:01 PM
For the role of the Joker, Eccleston is the prime choice. Depp is too smooth-faced and young looking. Besides, he's also not tall enough.

No, Eccleston has the inherent creepiness and the look, too. If they don't pick him, I'll be quite upset.

Atreyu
Jan 22nd, 2006, 02:49:48 AM
Whoever gets it, unless they can do a good voice I would like to see Mark Hamill do the voice. He might be beyond it to actually play the character himself, but his voice was perfect in the animated series so if he can dub that would be fine by me. :)