PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie according to IMDB

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2006, 06:08:02 PM
Now this is funny, IMDB has a poll going for best movie of 2005 and you can virtually chose any movie in their poll well as of today here are the results
http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2006/poll/bestresults
It is hilarious, obviously Harry Potter fans are voting a lot :p Harry Potter is in the top 5 in like every category and Emma Watson is some how third in best actress and second in best supporting actress, that doesn't even including that Rupert grint is 1% away from Best supporting actress. Of course now the SW websites are getting into, theforce.net is pushing people to vote. I am guessing Harry and Star Wars will end up 1 in 2 in that poll when it is finished.

JMK
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:33:07 AM
Internet polls are such garbage. It's the same people voting over and over and over again until their movie wins.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:22:01 PM
That is the truth pretty much, it is like the People Choice awards, of course Star Wars was going to win when they let people on the Internet vote for it as much as they wanted to. Really should come up with a way to vote once but of course anybody could delete their cookies to do it again.

JMK
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:57:15 PM
Maybe the more votes they get the more sponsorship cash they get, so they let people spend all day on their sites and vote.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:05:44 PM
That is possible, really with the People Choice awards they have become irrelveant anyways, although it is interesting to note that Lucas accepted the award and he said this,
Thank you. Thank you all. This is a very, very important award for me. Star Wars, oddly enough, doesn't really get that many awards. I'm not a big favorite with the critics, but who listens to them? I'm not a big industry favorite either, but of course they are a bunch of studio executives. The most important people for any filmmaker, the reason that I make films, is for you! The audience rules! Thank you. Thank you very much!"

Yog
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:09:57 PM
The problem with polls like this, its heavily biased towards those movies which did well at the box office. How many of those who voted SW, Harry Potter and King Kong saw Brokeback Mountain or Crash? Im guessing less than 10%. In order for a poll to have any meaning, those voting must know the voting alternatives.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 06:26:54 PM
That is why I didn't vote, plus for me I would be so split because I liked so many different films this year and I hate the term best, now favorite is different but that to me is a completely different thing. Oh you should see the worst one, War of the Worlds is winning that and I have no idea why. While it wasn't one of my real big favorites of the year, it is defintely not worst material. Alone in the Dark should win that by a landslide, but of course you have anti-Star Wars, anti-Potter and anti-Cruise people voting on that one.

Droo
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:50:33 PM
Batman Begins deserves to be higher on the list. I think that was my favourite film of 2005 now I think of it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:05:30 PM
Well in the action category I agree not sure about best film though, it is hard to say since so much of it is opinion.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 11:17:55 PM
I actually voted I tried to be fair, I went with Cinderella Man best picture, Harry Potter Best family movie, Batman best action, Star Wars best popcorn. I had trouble with acting one, I did take Ian for Star Wars as best supporting I think he did a heck of a job as the Palpatine, the rest I based on what I have seen.