PDA

View Full Version : The Shield - Season Five

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:30:20 AM
So if you didn't know, I am a huge Shield fanboy. It's the only thing on television that I actually plan my schedule around.

Tonight, me & mom will be kicking off the season opener with a little greek food. I ordered us a pair of Farmington PD shirts, but mine is on backorder right now :(

Bought season 4 on DVD last weekend, but haven't got to watch it yet. I have the first two episodes from the last season on my iPod which I have watched three times each. I swear, watching Vic Mackey choke a crack dealer with a bottle of French's mustard never gets old.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:36:22 AM
I have to say, I did get hooked about the time Glenn Close was on the show. She's always been a favorite of mine. And although I've fallen behind on eps, I do try to watch when I can.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:43:27 AM
Well it sucks that Her character got fired at the end of season four, but a little birdie told me that Forrest Whitaker will have a spot on this season so I'm all happy.

Mostly happy that The Strike Team is back in full force again, after I thought for sure that Shane would be dead by season's end.

Charley
Jan 10th, 2006, 11:43:42 PM
Awesome episode for a season opener. Forrest Whitaker's character is CREEPY to the max.

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 8th, 2006, 08:50:40 AM
Oh man oh man oh man. Last night's episode was the best I've seen in five years. Absolutely awesome.

Sanis Prent
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:19:09 PM
Well, Kavanaugh (Whitaker) is pulling gains on last week's losses. He knows about the cash that Vic gave his wife for the kids tuition. I can't remember (need to watch old DVDs) but I think that cash is connected to the money train

This is going to get ugly. Also I think the mystery penis trapper is Aceveda

Byl Laprovik
Mar 14th, 2006, 10:49:39 PM
Okay no. THIS is the greatest episode in the show's history. This show has torn my insides out and thrown them all over the floor.

Lemansky on the lam is the single most wrong thing I've ever seen in TV. I cannot think of a bigger example of nice guys finishing last.

This both rules and sucks.

If this show doesn't eat emmys this year, its a damn travesty. I'm sure that Lost, 24, and the Sopranos are good shows and such, but I defy you to give me better TV than what I've seen on the Shield this season.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 14th, 2006, 11:05:12 PM
I haven't seen the Shield so I could not tell you how it stands next to Battlestar Galatica, which has simply been masterful.

Byl Laprovik
Mar 15th, 2006, 07:19:49 AM
The only thing I can parallel to this in my mind is Band of Brothers. Last night's episode left me a jittery wreck, and even caused a few tears.

Sanis Prent
Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:04:01 AM
Well that does it.

Tonight's show is the adult version of watching ol' Yeller.

I am completely emotionally spent and out of tears.

Sansa
Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:42:30 PM
I think I cried during BSG, but then, I cry at a lot of things.

Sanis Prent
Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:03:44 PM
DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU LIKE BOTH SPOILERS AND HAVING YOUR HEART TORN OUT AND EATEN WHILE YOU WATCH :( :( :(

http://www.pioneerfrontier.com/ohno.gif

:cry