PDA

View Full Version : Board Status - FUBAR-ed

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:12:50 PM
I'm sure you've all noticed that all of the forums are mysteriously empty. The good news is the threads were not deleted. The bad news is that I accidentally mass-moved all threads from everywhere into the Star Wars Roleplaying forum.

Ogre hopefully will be able to restore the board back, but in case he can't we are trying to move threads more or less back to where they came from. I imagine that if there is no way to restore them back, that the group mods can be given board wide powers so we can all find our own threads and move them ourselfs.

Unfortunately the default setting for the source forum when you mass move is -all-, as I have just found out. My sincere apologies to you all.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:45:37 PM
I helped you out some so far, I moved about 20 threads back. Really just need to move the most recent ones the older ones don't worry me.

Rutabaga
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:47:12 PM
I'd wondered what happened...it happened right after I posted, so I couldn't help but wonder if I was a bad luck charm or something! :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2006, 12:20:36 AM
With any luck Ogre will be able to fix everything. In the mean time don't post anything you want to see again - if it does get fixed all new threads/posts will disappear.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 10th, 2006, 12:24:22 AM
Does that mean that a lot of the post presented today will just disappear?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2006, 09:11:06 AM
No, they've just been moved elsewhere on the board. They shouldn't have been deleted.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2006, 09:56:09 AM
There will be no reset back to the way it was - if you have moderator powers please put them to good use and move threads back. Apologies again, and thank you to everyone last night who helped.

As the announcement reads at the top of the page, if you see threads you know should go somewhere else, please PM a moderator with links and the forum they should be in. Thank you for your patience.

edit: to give you all a feeling of the time frame before things are back to normal - last night about 60,000 posts in total were moved into the Star Wars Roleplaying board. Mid-day today we've moved about 20,000 posts back to where they belong. Posts, not threads.

Mu Satach
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:27:54 AM
Way to go LD! :lol

Don't get too stressed fixing things. :)
Could definatetly be worse. I've fubar'd whole sites before and had to work to restore them from backups.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:47:48 PM
My mouse hand has a cramp in it. Maybe I can blame it on work and go on disability. :D