Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:55:49 AM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle 4:30 PM
New England at Denver 8:00 PM

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy 1:00 PM
Carolina at Chicago 4:30 PM

Simple, get your picks in before gametime.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:59:08 AM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle WIN
New England at Denver WIN

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy WIN
Carolina at Chicago WIN

I'm waiting on the Bears game. I'll probably edit my pick on Friday.

Yog
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:42:06 AM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle (W) 4:30 PM
New England at Denver (W) 8:00 PM

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy (W) 1:00 PM
Carolina (W) at Chicago 4:30 PM

Compared to last round, I found this one a lot easier to pick.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:47:56 AM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle (w) 4:30 PM
New England at Denver (w) 8:00 PM

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy (w) 1:00 PM
Carolina at Chicago (w) 4:30 PM

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:47:41 AM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle W
New England W at Denver 8:00 PM

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy W
Carolina at Chicago W

Only the Chicago-Carolina game I am not sure about, although I think the Bears will win. I do think one 2 seed will go down, it almost always happens this round, it has been a long time since the top 4 teams made it through. Right now I am going with Denver falling. I just have a feeling about New England.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:05:33 PM
1. Colts
2. Steelers
3. Chicago
4. Denver
5. Seattle
6. Carolina
7. Deadskins
32. Patriots

This isn't how good I think these teams are. This how I rank the remaining playoff teams on how much I'm rooting for them. As you can see, there's no other team I want to see go down more than the Damn Patriots.

Steelers at Indy
The winner of this game is the team I'm rooting for. Both these coaches have been around for ages and they're both deserving of Lombardi trophies. I hated the Steelers as a kid, but the days of Knoll, Bradshaw, Franco, and Greene are long gone. This is a different team. I've been a HUGE fan of Dungy ever since he transformed the Bucs from the joke of the league to a legitimate contender. I also like Manning, Harrison and despite the hideous dental work and UofM diploma, I like Edge as well. I'll be rooting for Indy, but I can deal with a Steelers upset.

There's a few things the Steelers have to do to pull off the upset.
Quick Start
The first is to jump on Indy EARLY. It's not just that it's been 2 weeks since Indy played, it's been over 5 WEEKS since they played a meaningful game. The Colts will be rested, but if they're going to have any rust it'll be in that first quarter. Pittsburgh needs to get some early scores, because they may be hard to come by in the second half. Also, a quick start gets the crowd out of the game and will help the Steelers avoid all the false starts that killed them the first time they played this season. And did anyone notice they had the same problem in yesterday's game in the first quarter? But once the crowd was out of it and they had a chance to actually use their silent count a bit the Steelers had it under control.
Run you fool!
Can this be any more obvious? Despite what some may think, Big Ben can throw the ball over 30 times effectively. Look at the game they lost to Cincy. He threw for over 380 yards and 3 TD's. The problem is that's not Steelers football and it usually means they're in a shootout. The only team that was fit for a shootout with Indy was a Palmer led Colts. The Steelers need to use Parker and Bettis to keep Manning on the bench. Bleed the clock and get physical with that undersized Colts defense.
Don't play defense like a damn girl
The Steelers need to make this a physical game. They got b-slapped in the RCA dome earlier this year. On both sides of the ball they need a scrotum check. Let the Colts know they're in a dogfight.

What Indy Needs
You were the big boys.
First and foremost, Indy needs to remember that for the first 3/4's of the season they were THE MOST DOMINANT TEAM IN FOOTBALL. They were winning games every way imaginable; low scoring games with defense, shootouts with big time offense. At home or on the road they were beating teams at will. They need to shake off any doubts that the last few weeks may have given them.

Can't think of any more catchy titles
On offense Indy needs to get that no-huddle going early. Don't let the Steelers substitute and get man coverage whenever possible. Harrison made them pay dearly on the first play of their last game and he can do that any time he's got one on one coverage, so can Wayne. The Colts need 25-30 carries out of Edge. Whether he gets under or over 100 doesn't matter. If they're running it that much that means everything is clicking and the Steelers defense is probably in trouble. Get the score up and force the Steelers to abandon the run. That will play right into the hands of your outside rushers, Mathis and Freeney.

On defense Indy needs to be just as physical as it was throughout the year. They're small and quick, but some of those guys are big time hitters. Also, Indy is anything but small in the middle with Corey Simon. He's going to be key in slowing the Steelers running game. If they plug up the middle and force the Steelers to run wide that plays into their speed. Parker may be able to get outside a couple of times, but Bettis probably won't.

This game and the Denver/Pats game should be the highlights of the weekend. I don't expect much out of the NFC.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:38:17 PM
Steelers at Indy
The winner of this game is the team I'm rooting for.

Likewise.

The Steelers have to delete the memory of their loss in Indy in week 11 or 12. That was embarassing for them. IMO I think the Steelers have to avoid giving up the big play on Indy's first snap. I'm exaggerating of course, but they can't let Wayne or Harrison loose for a 30+ yard play right off the bat. If anything, that will bring back the memory of that loss they had and will affect them mentally for the rest of the game. And as for Pitts' offense...we already know what they have to do - run the damn ball down Indy's throats if they can. Whatever it takes to keep the ball out of Manning's hands. I'm really looking forward to this game. I may not even watch the NFC games next week because I think the potential is there for there to be a blowout and a defensive stinker.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:44:12 PM
I think that Seattle and Chicago are the only teams that can make the Superbowl interesting. Granted, seeing Gibbs back in the big game will have a nostalgia factor, but that team has blowout written all over it. I think the Bears defense can make a game interesting. But Seattle seems to be the only NFC team balanced enough to put on a decent show against the AFC. And with Alexander they CAN win it all. If Alexander and that line have a big game they could upset whoever comes out of the AFC.

Man, this is sad. I'm wracking my brain just to try to give someone in the NFC a chance. :(

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:50:59 PM
Any Given Sunday dude. It's tough to see a reason why an NFC team could possibly win vs the class of the AFC but you just never know. No one gave the Pats a chance to win vs St. Louis and look where we are now.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:56:00 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Any Given Sunday dude. It's tough to see a reason why an NFC team could possibly win vs the class of the AFC but you just never know. No one gave the Pats a chance to win vs St. Louis and look where we are now.

Stupid Martz. If Vermeil hadn't of had an estrogen breakdown after beating Tenn. the Rams might have won 2 out of 3.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:58:40 PM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle WIN4:30 PM
New EnglandWIN at Denver 8:00 PM

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy WIN1:00 PM
Carolina at ChicagoWIN 4:30 PM

jjwr
Jan 9th, 2006, 01:08:23 PM
This isn't how good I think these teams are. This how I rank the remaining playoff teams on how much I'm rooting for them. As you can see, there's no other team I want to see go down more than the Damn Patriots.

LOL! I totally understand but its still a riot. I feel the same way about the Colts & Steelers, I don't care who wins as long as its not one of them.

Secondly Denver matches very well with the patriots, they are a running team and a run stop team which is exactly the team the pats struggle against.

Pats have the #1 rushing Defense in the league the past 8 weeks of the season. As for the top run stop team...ummm....Tom Brady? Lead the league in passing yards, they don't mind not running the ball.

dillion is banged up and kevin faulk is a joke.

Keep saying that, while I agree Dillon isn't a stud Faulk has been amazing and his typical numbers in a game are about 40-60 yards rushing and 60-80 yards receiving.

And you can claim this was early in the season and the pats were banged up but so were we, we were without bailey most of the game and our yound cbs hadn't matured that much at that point both foxworth and williams got burned in the game.

I'm sorry but outside of maybe the Jets no team in the league can play the injury card when comparing themselves to the Pats.

Check who the Pats started at RB in that game....their Fullback Patrick Pass. Notice Seymour on the line? Nope. I don't see Bruschi either...what about the secondary? Hmm...different then what they are playing now.

Last year the Steelers beat up a injured Pats team but in the Playoffs a healthy Pats team came back and destroyed them in Pittsburgh.

I'm not saying the same will happen here but this is a totally different Patriots team then they played earlier this year, you should be confident the Bronco's will win as they are a great team but it won't be because they beat the Pats once already.

They have a habit of doing quite well when playing someone for the second time around.

Honestly if the Bronco's are going to win it will be by throwing, right now the Pats front 7 is playing the best of any team in the Playoffs, they will not run for significant yards on them unless they can open up the passing game and pick on the Pats weak corners, thats how they can and very possibly will beat the Patriots.

They will be banged up. Denver will be well rested.

The Pats mauled the Jags and they never really tried to rush much so their guys aren't exactly super beat up. Don't overplay the speed factor either, their DL Wilfork is very agile for a 350lb man and Warren & Seymour are fast and disruptive, all are young as well. With those guys clogging lanes you have some very good and experienced LB's behind them to clean up whats left.

Now with all that out of the way, I can honestly say I'm expecting the Pats to find a way to win. I know they shouldn't win, Bronco's are very good at home, Pats are still beat up and playing with a lot reserves and shouldn't even be this far....but they're the Patriots. Until they lose in the Playoffs I'm going to believe they will win it.

sirdizzy
Jan 9th, 2006, 01:08:55 PM
Saturday
Seattle
Denver

Sunday
Indy
Carolina

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 9th, 2006, 02:20:57 PM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle(W)
New England(W) at Denver

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy (W)
Carolina(W) at Chicago

There will be no 2 seeds advancing

Rutabaga
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:42:53 PM
Saturday

Washington at Seattle (W)
New England at Denver (W)

Sunday

Pittsburgh at Indy (W)
Carolina at Chicago (W)

I'll be rooting for Washington, because I live in Mark Brunell's hometown (Santa Maria, CA), and he's a well-respected hometown boy :). But I know they're gonna get pasted by the Seahawks...at least they made it this far, though :).

I still think the Super Bowl is going to be Indy vs. Seattle, that's gonna be one heck of a game.

Ryan Pode
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:55:03 PM
Ravens hire Mark Carrier, former Pro-Bowler/Hard hitter to coach the secondary. Hopefully he can light a fire under Chris McAlisters rear end.

Jedieb
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:29:22 PM
I'm going with Da Bears. I keep thinking back to their last meeting which Chicago won 13-3. I think Carolina will do better than 3 points, but I don't think they'll get much more. Chicago is also well rested. The Giants didn't put up much of fight, but it was still a road game and now the Panthers have to travel again. I also think Chicago is much better off with Grossman than Orton. He's inexperienced, but so is Orton. Chicago just looked different on offense with him under center. I think Chicago is going to be able to get just enough offense at home to outslug the Panthers. I'm also not convinced we're going to see the same Carolina team we saw last week. They've been inconsistent throughout the year and I think they're headed for a rough game this weekend.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 08:53:29 PM
What about Palmer's injury? I read a report on ESPN that said it was career threatening. Hopefully he can rehability and come back, hate to see somebody go out like that, reminds me of Theisman. As for the Bears, I agree with you Jedieb I think they can beat Carolina, but the game will be low scoring and close.

Jedieb
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:13:55 PM
I read that Palmer's injury was much more serious than previously thought, but he should still be able to be back for next season. Thankfully he's a QB and not a running back. He'll probably wear some heavy duty knee braces for the rest of his career.

There's another head coach job open. Mike Mularky just surprised the Bills with his resignation. Hey, maybe Marv Levy will decide it's time to come out of retirement!

JMK
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:41:09 PM
Dude, you do realize that Marv Levy was hired as the Bills GM last week right? ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:28:33 PM
Well it is not shock the guy did a horrible job this year. Not sure who they will hire. This is the most openings in the NFL I have seen in a long time.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:45:27 PM
Whoever replaces him best help the Bills to turn around. I want to root for a winning team for once!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2006, 10:48:17 PM
They will turn around faster than the Raiders and Saints, right now those are the worst two run franchises.

Ryan Pode
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:22:49 AM
It's simple, don't you guys get it? Marv Levy comes back to be the "President" then a week later Mularky quits. Levy becomes Bills coach and bypasses the minority candidate thing. Four more Bill superbowl losses.

JMK
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:56:59 AM
Ouch Ryan, that's harsh!
I don't know if Levy will return the sidelines. He's on our sports radio afternoon show quite often and while the man is in terrific shape and is as sharp as anyone in football (and definetly more classy), he stops short of admitting that he physically couldn't put in the hours that an NFL head coach has to put in. If he gets the right assistants around him, I wouldn't rule it out though.

jjwr
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:59:44 AM
Don't forget the guy is 80years old...

How about the Packers hire? The 49ers offense sucked last year so I'm curious what this guy will bring to the table.

As for my picks...

Seahawks = WIN - Skins are just too banged up and Hawks have too much going for them.
Pats = WIN - Can't pick against them, they can definetly lose the game but they can also win it.
Panthers = WIN - I'm not sold on the Bears offense and if the real Panthers show up they'll win.
Colts = WIN - Not that I wan them to win but I think they will, again I'm just hoping the Steelers rough them up some so either the Bronco's or Pats can beat them next weekend.

Ryan Pode
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:56:24 AM
Well, he did use to run the Saints offense. And it was fairly decent. Ya just gotta look at what he had in San Francisco: Nada.

sirdizzy
Jan 13th, 2006, 12:56:03 PM
I kind of hope the redskins make the superbowl because since Denver is going to be the AFC representive we can pay them back that butt whooping thats been overdue for 18 years. We were soooooooooooooooooo far more talented than that Doug Williams led team, with all their players out of the league in like 3 years time. SO its payback time, denver broncos orange crush style.

Ryan Pode
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:09:57 PM
Saturday
Washington at Seattle Win
New England at Denver Win

Sunday
Pittsburgh at Indy Win
Carolina Win at Chicago

The gut says Denver. And no way Rex Grossman plays at a playoff level.

JMK
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:37:43 PM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
I kind of hope the redskins make the superbowl because since Denver is going to be the AFC representive we can pay them back that butt whooping thats been overdue for 18 years. We were soooooooooooooooooo far more talented than that Doug Williams led team, with all their players out of the league in like 3 years time. SO its payback time, denver broncos orange crush style.

The bravado of football fans never ceases to amaze me. :lol

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:47:33 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Dude, you do realize that Marv Levy was hired as the Bills GM last week right? ;)

I knew that, I was referring to his retirement from coaching. At the press conference Levy said he wouldn't rule out coming back to coach. This was of course after Ralph Wilson said a few moments earlier that Levy wouldn't be coaching the team. Apparently, Levy didn't have his hearing aid turned up.

Less than 2 hours till game time! :crack

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:18:09 PM
Alexander's doubtful for the rest of the game with a concussion. And so far, all I've seen are punts. This is going to be a low scoring game, and if Hassleback makes more throws like that ugly one he lobbed in there that almost went for a pic, I'm not going to be surprised if Washington advances.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:58:16 PM
The Seahawks are reverting to their annual playoff form. I can't stand it when teams put together great regular seasons just to gag it all away in the post season. They did score a TD so maybe they get back on track here.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:28:48 PM
14-3 Seattle, Seattle is playing some great defense.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:58:05 PM
Seattle is just dominating right now 17-3.

Ryan Pode
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:07:50 PM
Wow. I am went to see Munich with a friend, and we were discussing the Redskins and I said "The Skins will only have a chance in hell of winning if and only if Shaun Alexander gets hurt."

sirdizzy
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:13:56 PM
wow i skipped some of the game to go see munich too are you stalking me ryan

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:14:07 PM
When you can only get 3 points on 3 turnovers you know you are in trouble.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:29:29 PM
Game is over, with 4 and a mile coming up.

Ryan Pode
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:34:59 PM
wow i skipped some of the game to go see munich too are you stalking me ryan

It's not really stalking. It's more of following you with out permission...:\

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:36:19 PM
Game Over

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:32:11 PM
The Pats just scored the first points of the game with Mr. Clutch's FG. Denver is getting pressure on Brady and he's rushed a few throws. But Shanahan made a BONEHEADED call on that 4th and goal. You've got Jake the Snake for heaven's sake, ROLL HIM OUT!!! Then Plummer made that horrible throw off his back foot to give the Pats their second red zone take away. Honestly, I think teams take a collective IQ dump every time they play the Pats in the playoffs. There's another Plummer pass that almost got picked off. 3rd and short and Denver really needs to keep this drive going and get something before the half. Denver has dominated much of this game and they're actually losing. And there's a bad 3rd down play for the Broncos. Gee, what are the odds Brady leads them down the field for typical 2 minure drill score?

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:39:15 PM
I hate the Pats with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns and I'm cheering that Denver TD, BUT THAT WAS A HORRIBLE CALL! If anything, it was offensive pass interference. The ref who threw the flag, to add insult to injury he threw it late, should be embarrased.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:43:01 PM
Well, well, well, look who's finally on the short end of the playoff turnover stick. Any kind of points Denver can get here would be huge, but a TD would give them incredible momentum going into the second half.

Ryan Pode
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:52:48 PM
10-3 at the half. Denver gets the ball to start the 3rd. A key possesion.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:34:47 PM
The Broncos haven't been able to do anything offensively in the 3rd quarter. The Pats are now in the red zone again and are clicking offensively. Brady is starting to pick Denver apart when they blitz. The Broncos have been able to keep them out of the endzone and now the Pats have 3rd and goal....
OMG, Champ Bailey is a damn PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denver is lucky if that doesn't get challenged and a Leon Lett style call gives the ball back to Denver. Even when the Pats screw up, they don't give up. Here comes the flag. Watch, if that ball went into the endzone, it's Pats ball on the 20.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:39:44 PM
Denver dodged a HUGE bullet there. I think the refs made the right call because I just didn't see a camera shot that proved the ball went into the endzone. I don't care if Bailey was out of gas, he should have been protecting that ball and looking behind him. Anderson just went in for the TD so Denver has a big 11 point lead. Wow, the Pats have finally made the kinds of turnovers that they've been feasting on throughout their playoff run.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:54:16 PM
DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?!?! Did Mr. Clutch just miss a 4th quarter field goal that his team deseperately needed? They've outgained the Broncos and marched up and down the field but all they've got to show for it is 2 field goals. Bottom line, the Broncos have made the key plays that the Pats usually make while the Pats have made the mistakes their opponents have been making for the last few years.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:03:47 PM
FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it, it's OVER. Only a miracle can save the Pats now. They have made one key mistake after another. Even a FG here makes it a 14pt game and that's another 3 minutes off the clock. Look at that first down run by Anderson! Denver is making all the plays we've been accustomed to seeing Brady and Co. Here comes big fat Ron Dayne... Plummer hits Smith for the TD!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE OF THE PATS SUPERBOWL RUN IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:05:17 PM
I am rooting for the Colts next weekend. I am sorry I hate Denver, they are my second most hated team in the NFL after the Raiders. I know the Colts will beat the Steelers and I predict they will make mincemeat of the Broncos. It will be Indy and Seattle in the SB.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:09:12 PM
I'm not counting the Pats out until it's officially over and the Broncos have more points than them. These guys are like Keith Richards, they just won't die!

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:09:21 PM
Brady hits Branch for a huge gain! It's a 3 score lead, but NE might get it to within 2 with around 8 minutes. Stay tuned.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:11:20 PM
TD Givens, here they go again. It only took them 2 plays to cut it to 11.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:15:04 PM
Brilliant call by Shanahan! There's no way they thought Plummer would roll and go deep. Big first down and change of field position. Denver is also starting to run well. They're almost in FG range. That was a gutsy play call.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:20:40 PM
Wow, is Shanahan going for the nail in the coffin? A first down would seal the game, but the FG gets you that 2 TD lead... Okay, it looks like he was just trying to draw the Pats offside. You have to kick the FG.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:28:12 PM
Lynch seals the game with that TD. Lynch played a hell of a game today. He made some plays in the first quarter that helped Denver's defense keep the Pats out of the endzone.

Great run jjwr, one of the best I've ever seen.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:40:01 PM
I hope the Colts kick the crap out of them. I think it is starting to show I really hate the Broncos. This is more the Chief fan in me than anything else.

sirdizzy
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:44:42 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am sorry all you denver haters can kiss my orange and blue bleeding butt we just did every nfl fan everyone a favor and made it a patriotless superbowl, you are welcome and if there is a god and he has a sense of humor the steelers will win tomorrow

Ryan Pode
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:47:22 PM
I believed in Denver. Most people actually picked Denver to win here, I think.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:52:03 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am sorry all you denver haters can kiss my orange and blue bleeding butt we just did every nfl fan everyone a favor and made it a patriotless superbowl, you are welcome and if there is a god and he has a sense of humor the steelers will win tomorrow

That sure wouldn't be my God, because I hate the Broncos. Colts will kill the Steelers and kill the Broncos, the only team that might beat them at this point is Seattle and that is only because they have an offense that can challenge them.

JMK
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:59:26 PM
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!

:crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:01:08 PM
Just for one year. The 49ers came back and won SBs afer losing in the playoffs.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:02:17 PM
Got both games right today, but they didn't play out the way I expected. I thought Seattle would blow out the Redskins and while I expected the Broncos to win, I thought they'd be able to run more. I also didn't expect the Pats to make so many crucial mistakes. Still, Denver BEAT them. I just don't see Denver taking this show on the road to Indy and being successful. But if the Steelers pull the upset I think Denver will probably make it to the Superbowl.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:02:58 PM
Originally posted by JMK
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!
They're dead!!!!!

:crack

:lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:04:08 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Got both games right today, but they didn't play out the way I expected. I thought Seattle would blow out the Redskins and while I expected the Broncos to win, I thought they'd be able to run more. I also didn't expect the Pats to make so many crucial mistakes. Still, Denver BEAT them. I just don't see Denver taking this show on the road to Indy and being successful. But if the Steelers pull the upset I think Denver will probably make it to the Superbowl.
The only chance the Steelers have is if Indy's bus goes to the wrong stadium and never makes it for the game.

Ryan Pode
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:06:38 PM
But alas, players drive themselves to the stadium. Pittsburgh will only have a chance of winning if Peyton Manning gets hurt.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:07:45 PM
Indy may have lost one of their starting corners. Apparently Nick Harper decided the best way to get ready for a big playoff game was to slap his wife around. And damned if the silly woman didn't pull a knife on him and cut his knee. What is she, a Steelers fan?

All kidding aside, if he did hit his wife she should have cut him a bit higher.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:10:50 PM
He won't be a factor, like Ryan said Manning would have to get hurt for the Steelers to have a chance.

Jedieb
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:17:42 PM
The Colts rotate so many guys on defense that they can easily absorb his loss, but it's still surprising news. Should be a really good game and it'll be interesting to see how long it takes Indy to get back to their 13-0 form. I thought the Colts simply beat the Steelers up the last time they played. Big Ben was just coming off his injury and he was rusty. The Steelers actually did a decent job on defense after the first quarter. They kept Indy out of the endzone and forced one FG after another. I still expect Indy to win tomorrow but the game might be closer than people expect. Look out for Bob Sanders tomorrow. He was all over the field in that last game and he made some great stops.

Ryan Pode
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:24:52 PM
When the Colts offense wants to score, they score. They just move with a purpose, even between plays. So much hustle.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:26:18 AM
Just woke up, ended up driving down South to actually watch the game with some friends who are fans and drove home in a Blizzard...joy!

Congrats Dizzy!

As for the game, either all of their Karma/luck ran out at once or the deal with Satan expired because everything that usually goes right the team went wrong. Brady throws the killer INT, Brown Fumbled, Vinateiri missed the FG. All very un Patriotlike plays. You have to hand it to the Bronco's though, they were very mediocre all game but stayed the course and made the plays when the opportunity was there.

Re: Interference Call

That was a horrible call. The Way the Pats D was playing at worst that probably would have been a 3-3 game or even a Punt but to get a 1st and Goal at the 1. Pass Interference bothers me, it needs to be changed to a 10yd Penalty, Auto 1st down. For something so subjective way too much is allowed for it.

Now sadly after what I saw last night I do'nt think the Bronco's can beat the Colts which really saddens me. So either the Steelers need to win(which I also doubt) or the Seahawks need to get Healthy. So at this point I'm cheering for Steelers today and next weekend I will definetly cheer for the Bronco's and the Seahawks.

Re: Dynasty

Its not over, considering what they have had to deal with this year they did darn good. 2nd round of the playoffs and outp laying the #2 seed most of the game is a solid addition to the Dynasty. Next year all of the key players are back and in theory should actually be healthier and they have a much easier schedule. Can we say 4 in 6 years? :)

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 11:47:33 AM
Re: Dynasty

Its not over, considering what they have had to deal with this year they did darn good. 2nd round of the playoffs and outp laying the #2 seed most of the game is a solid addition to the Dynasty. Next year all of the key players are back and in theory should actually be healthier and they have a much easier schedule. Can we say 4 in 6 years?
NEVER!!! It's over!:shootin

Great run, but Brady and Co. better get ready to start adding some losses to their playoff win total. History says you have this run once, and it never comes again. Just look at Aikman and the Cowboys. After their win in Superbowl 30 they never won another playoff game. Maybe the Pats will get back to the big game, but odds are it's their turn to suffer a few more of these kinds of defeats.

The Colts wife beater is going to be able to start. I just gleefully explained the situation to my wife;
"Wait, he hit her and she's in jail?"
"She stabbed him."
"But he-"
"SHE STABBED HIM! THE WIFE IS IN JAIL! THE WIFE IS IN JAIL! HUSBANDS EVERYWHERE REJOICE, THE WIFE IS IN JAIL FOR THE WEEKEND! IT'S A FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!!":crack

Yog
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:07:37 PM
The Dynasty MUST be over, because I say so :)

(hopes the Pats dont even make the playoffs next year)

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:12:55 PM
First drive and the Steelers have moved the ball down the field by finding the soft spot in the cover 2, the middle of the field. They converted a big 3rd down and they're inside the redzone. The Steelers have come out throwing and it's got them in FG position on this first drive.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:16:21 PM
Touchdown from Big Ben to Randel El and it was the middle of the field again. The Colts are going to have to get a LB to drop back and guard the middle of that field which should open up the running game for Parker and Bettis. That first drive couldn't have gone any better for the Steelers. Anyone who thinks that the Steelers can't throw the ball and put up a ton of points is kidding themselves. Like any team, there are risks to throwing the ball 30-40 times, but Rothletshaveaburger CAN get the job done. Let's see how the Colts and Manning respond.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:16:48 PM
If they can pick apart the cover 2 like that all game, it'll be a long day for Indy.

Ryan Pode
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:19:19 PM
The Steelers are going to make this game a track meet. Something they don't want.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:21:13 PM
Don't forget the Cowboys lost their coach, had they kept Johnson they would have won a lot more.

The last 4 years of the Pats run has been incredible and I doubt they will ever reach that level again but they will be a playoff contender for years to come.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:23:47 PM
The Steelers can win that kind of game, they have the talent on offense. But you're right, they don't want that. Not because they can't win it, but because it means their defense is giving up big plays. They got the 3 and out they needed from their defense and this game couldn't have started out any better for the Steelers. Now, are they going to try and run a bit more or will they keep dropping back and exploiting the middle of the cover 2? Indy clearly wasn't expecting them to throw the ball that much and they weren't ready for it. Let the adjustments begin.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:26:23 PM
And the Steelers drop back and throw on first down. Someone is going to have to make a play in that secondary. The Steelers run on first and the Colts make their second tackle behind the line of scrimmage. The Colts seem determined to stop the run, but they better get to Ben or this will .....
Right there, that's what I was talking about. The way you stop a team from picking you apart in the middle is to get to the QB. Freeney gets the big hit and forces the INT. I bet this gives the Colts offense the kickstart it needs.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:30:04 PM
Wow Manning has happy feet, thats not a good sign for Colts fans.

Is it possible for both of these teams to lose? I hate them both so I'm not sure which to really cheer for.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:30:29 PM
Wow, another 3 and out. Manning still hasn't been able to complete a pass. The Steelers are doing a great job of getting pressure without blitzing.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:32:11 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
Wow Manning has happy feet, thats not a good sign for Colts fans.

Is it possible for both of these teams to lose? I hate them both so I'm not sure which to really cheer for.

He's always doing that with his feet. But their timing is clearly off and the Steelers are getting to him. I haven't watched the receivers come off the ball so I don't know if they're getting jammed or not. That's what I'm going to look for the next time they get the ball.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:36:59 PM
A couple of running plays and a first down, but Indy follows with their 3rd stop for a loss. Let's see if Ben finds the middle again.... no, there was Mathis in his face again. This is how they're going to have to stop that passing game, pressure. Ben was also looking at the sideline so maybe the Colts have found a way to plug up that middle... no, Ward burns them for a big gain down the middle. Let's see what the call is...face mask. First and goal for the Steelers and the Colts are reeling.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:37:33 PM
Wow another cheap call, how did Ward not get called on that or at least offsetting?

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:41:46 PM
Big Ben is picking them apart, another TD pass. This guy is one of the best PASSERS in the league, he just runs an offense that traditionally runs the ball. This isn't some inept QB handing the ball off.

The crowd is now out of the game. Manning is going to have to get them back into it.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:46:02 PM
Great catch by Harrison to FINALLY get things going for the Colts.. They desperately needed that first down after that sack. 2nd and 10 after another stretch run comes up with nada... the first falst start goes not to the Steelers but the Colts. This offense is clearly rusty.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:48:18 PM
Manning goes down again! The Steelers did that with just 4 downlinemen, there was no blitz there. A bailout flanker screen gets them nothing and the o-line again blows a play with a guy going down field too quickly. This first quarter couldn't have gone much worse for the Colts because traditionally, when they start slow in the playoffs it only gets worse.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:49:20 PM
The question is a 14pt lead enough to hold them off? The Colts will come back.

As for Big Ben, unfortunetly we won't know how good of a QB he is until he has to carry the team on his own. He's definetly making all the passes in this game but with their running game its hard not to at least respect it.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:52:31 PM
Now that was a great throw as he was about to get blasted. I'd love to see what he could do over the course of a few games if they would let him throw 30-40 passes.

Ouch, then he does the Favre shuffle pass, thats a scary throw.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:54:20 PM
I think he's shown that he's plenty good. His career completion percentage is damn good for a young QB. The Colts did a good job of getting pressure on him that time and have finally forced a punt. This return is definitely coming back, man, the Colts are just misfiring everywhere except for their defensive lineplay.

JMK
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:54:35 PM
What a start for the Steelers, no one expected this. Roethlisberger looks like Manning on a good day. If Peyton goes to pouty mode it's over.

Regarding the face mask on Indy, I think it was a good call. Ward didn't make much of a grab while the defender reached around and got all of Ward's grill. Interesting start...if the Steelers score another TD before the Colts I'd be prepared to say it's game over.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 12:59:02 PM
Watch the Steelers line here. How many guys are they sending? If they're getting the job done with just 4 or 5 it's BAD news for the Colts. The only way to get the Steelers to drop some guys out of coverage is to start running the ball. But look at that second down incompletion, Manning and Wayne were yards apart. 3rd and 10 and the Steelers are all over Manning WITHOUT blitzing.

Right now, I think the Colts need something really special from that defensive line. Pressure and sacks may not be good enough, they may need some kind of defensive score. The Steelers are now in a position where they can start trying to pound the ball.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:02:48 PM
That should have been a flag. They went right after the rookie taking the place of Harper and here comes the stabbing victim back in the game. 3rd and short.... a second effort gets them the first down. That didn't happen the first time they played. The Colts kept the Steelers from running and getting those tough yards.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:04:52 PM
Damn, Ben reminds of Steve McNair. There haven't been too many big QB's that could move like that in the pocket. Colts could have had a pick their but mercifully get the drive stopped.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:22:44 PM
That was just a boneheaded falst start. Manning got them a couple of yards by getting the Steelers to jump, but they're still far enough out that they probably can't run it in.

Why have the Colts FINALLY been able to get going? Because they got Edge going. The Steelers spent the first half playing the pass and were able to stop the run. I thought they would run on 3rd down if they were willing to go for it on 4th but they're settling for a FG. Considering where this drive started they should be more than happy to finally get on the board, but anytime you've got the ball on the one you should get that TD. Let's see how the Steelers choose to end the half, run the clock or try to get another score.

JMK
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:37:32 PM
I think the Steelers are going to regret not using that last 48 seconds to their advantage.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:40:36 PM
I still love seeing that replay of Watson creaming Bailey. Watson is going to be a monster next year.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:45:27 PM
The Colts need a score on this opening drive. They need to show that they've made the adjustments on offense to make the Steelers pay. The Steelers seemed determined to make Indy beat them with a balanced attack and not just big passing plays from Manning. Let's see how much Edge sees the ball on this drive.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:00:41 PM
Freeney and that line are keeping Indy in this game. They came up with some big time pressure and stopped that drive just before they got into FG range. Indy is running out of time, they've got to get this game to a one score game before the 4th quarter starts.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:05:50 PM
What the hell are the Colts thinking? RUN THE DAMN BALL! They're are lucky that wasn't a safety. Regardless, the Steelers will get great field positions here. Yep, they're at the 30. This score will be totally on the play calling on that 3 and out and that's on Manning. The only time the Colts have had any success today is when they've been able to RUN the ball. To have a critical 3rd quarter drive without Edge touching the ball is inexcusable. They're playing right into the Steelers hands and they'll be lucky right now if they get out of this Steelers drive down by only 14 pts.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:15:01 PM
21-3
This is just stunning. The Colts just haven't been rusty, they've been stupid. They've played right into the hands of the Steelers defense. And now, down 3 scores they're FORCED to abandon the run throw every down. They've got no choice it's the only chance they have now. I swear, if I see them start running now I'll curse Manning out a blue streak. THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING TO START THE SECOND HALF!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:17:29 PM
I am in shock, I go to my nephew's party and come out expecting the Colts to be blowing out the Steelers but Pittsburgh is winning. What has happened to the Colts? This is a huge shocker. If they go down it would be the biggest upset in the history of the playoffs. No 6 has ever beaten a 1, especially the team that is the favorite to win it all. If they do go down, I am figuring Seattle is the favorite now.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:20:58 PM
All game long the Steelers have been able to get pressure on Indy with just 4 or 5 guys rushing. They've been dropping back and have effectively shut down Manning. This is just desperation here, I can't believe Manning is going for it but it just shows how desperately Indy is. Well, they converted, but the fact that you go for a 4th down that deep in your territory shows you're nothing but a desperate football team.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:25:04 PM
Well maybe there is still hope for the Colts.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:26:37 PM
That was a spectacular run after the catch by Clark. He made some pretty great moves and did a great job of keeping his balance when he got inside the 5. The sad part is, I think it may be too late. The Colts are looking at 2-4 possessions here and they have to score on every single one of them. If the Steelers put one decent 4th quareter drive together here the Colts will run out of time.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:29:37 PM
They had Parker in the backfield!!!! That's another 2 minutes off the clock if they keep pounding it.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:32:56 PM
Huge 3rd down here, if the Steelers can get it by running the ball they've got Indy on the ropes. Man, they've run 9 straight times. This game has been a classic Steelers slugfest. Bettis should have the first down with that second effort. This is why Ben usually has less than 20 attempts when the Steelers win. Because he's efficient and the Steelers know how to run the clock out. It looks like Cowher is going to go for it on 4th and inches and I can't blame him. The Colts looked like they might have finallyt woken up. What's the call here? This is going to be huge...............

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:33:55 PM
What the hell was that? The refs are just too scared to make a call either way here. Unbelievable, find a zebra with a pair for goodness sakes.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:34:25 PM
Faneca moved, the refs blew it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:34:31 PM
Idiot Refrees here obviously it was a foul there on somebody, they obviously didn't see it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:35:24 PM
replay the darn thing then if they don't know.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:37:03 PM
They had Ben stopped behind the line, but his (and Bettis's) second effort may have gotten them the first down. Wow, that was close, but I'm pretty sure they've got the first down. You can challenge a spot, I wonder if they'll find something on the replay to challenge.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:37:38 PM
The Refs bumbled that whole thing.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:38:02 PM
I thought that was illegal or is that just in college?

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:38:52 PM
This is now Bettis's game. That second down run was a monster. It's 3rd and less than a yard now. The Colts D is just worn out, they can't stop the run.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:41:31 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I thought that was illegal or is that just in college?
If it was then Notre Dame would have beat USC. I think for it to be called it has to be really blatant or one of those instances where you've got a pile up and some guy comes in late and starts pushing the pile. Another 4th and 1.............. I
I think Bettis did it again. Man, Dungy is going to have to really consider challenging one of these close spots. The Colts got a good spot I think. We may see Cowher challenging... no, Bettis got it again. Another 2 minutes off the clock.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:43:29 PM
This long 3rd down is the Colts last chance. They get a first down here and the Steelers may milk this down to under 5 minutes before they face another 4th down.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:44:04 PM
Finally stop them, at this point they might have to think about onside kick if they score again.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:47:08 PM
I guess it would depend on how fast they score, if they can score in 2 minutes they could try to stop them, but otherwise they will have to think about an onside kick.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:47:59 PM
Let's see if Manning makes this interesting. The Steelers LB's and D-Backs must be licking their chops. They're just going to drop back and see if they can make just one big play to end this game. If those 5 down linemen can get pressure on Manning it's going to be rough going right now.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:49:38 PM
I challenge that, you have to at this point.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:50:04 PM
Now it looks like Manning is in a groove. I wonder if the Steeelers will start blitzing........... it's over, Polamulu(sp?) makes the big play I was talking about. Unless there's a replay challenge miracle it's another big game playoff disappointment for Manning and Dungy. Unbelievable.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:55:17 PM
Wow that is a big overturn.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:55:21 PM
The Steelers have flat out dominated this game. You can point to several Indy mistakes. To me, Indy lost their chance to come back and win this game with their play calling in the 3rd quarter. That 3 and out that set up the Steelers last score completely buried them. Edge never touched the ball and up untill then the Colts couldn't muster any offense without his help. All season long he's been more important to the Colts offense than many people wanted to admit. The Steelers and Indy's play calling took him out of the game.............

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT CALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:56:03 PM
Could you imagine if they made that call at Hines Field?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:56:46 PM
They would have thrown stuff on the field.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:57:17 PM
What a catch by Wayne!!!!!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:57:21 PM
Looks like the Colts have finally woken up.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:58:05 PM
They are back in it, but they need to stop Pittsburgh.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 02:58:19 PM
Touchdown Edge and we have a game!!!!!!!!!! They have to go for 2......

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:00:08 PM
Another great catch by Wayne, WOW! How many timeouts do the Colts have?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:00:27 PM
Heck of a catch on the 2 point by Wayne.

Ryan Pode
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:00:50 PM
Colts got all 3. If I was Cowher, go for the kill.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:02:18 PM
They have 3 timeouts.

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:02:51 PM
That overturn was one one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Reminds me of the one in the Rose Bowl on the "incomplete" pass where the Texas reciever fumbled. :p

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:03:12 PM
OMG, what a finish. Right now, I think Ben could easily get some big plays, but will Cowher call them?

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:04:04 PM
That ball skipped, but I think the refs may be thinking they need some make up calls. First down and over 4 minutes to go.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:04:58 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
That overturn was one one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Reminds me of the one in the Rose Bowl on the "incomplete" pass where the Texas reciever fumbled. :p

I agree, that was just unbelievable. I'm telling you right now, that call doesn't get made at Hines Field. I don't care what the league office says during the next few days.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:05:21 PM
They stopped Bettis and here comes a huge 3rd down......

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:06:09 PM
THEY STOPPED THEM!!!!!!! OMG, I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!!! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:06:10 PM
I agree, that was just unbelievable. I'm telling you right now, that call doesn't get made at Hines Field. I don't care what the league office says during the next few days.
The League wants the colts in the SB, better raitings. Although really probably the Ref just made a bad call.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:06:59 PM
2 1/2 minutes and 3 timeouts they have loads of time to get the FG.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:07:26 PM
The clock is NOT an issue. All they need is a FG and they have the 2 minute warning and all their timeouts. The fact that they only have to get in FG position is huge as well. I'd be stunned if this game doesn't end with a Colts miracle or overtime.

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:08:50 PM
I think it's going to overtime. Money has to be on Indy in the extra session though.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:08:55 PM
Well they scored that TD in less than 2 minutes so they can do it. The steelers can't play zone though that killed them on that last drive.

sirdizzy
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:10:13 PM
several things

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and once more

I have been saying for how many months now that Peyton and Dungy are the biggest choke artists ever if the Steelers hold on maybe everyone will start to agree with me

I picked Indy to win but I was only about %55 sure of that pick I was really thinking the Steelers might knock them off

and Carr a #6 team has beaten a #1 team it happened in 1985 when the Patriots made it all the way to the Super Bowl as the #6 seed

and finally

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:11:04 PM
I just don't see how the Colts, in 4 down territory with this much time won't at least be able to get into FG range. Here comes 2nd and 8..... And Porter dumps Manning on the blitz. No one broke off their pattern and adjusted and Manning didn't see him until it was too late.

4th down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:11:12 PM
several things

and once more

I have been saying for how many months now that Peyton and Dungy are the biggest choke artists ever if the Steelers hold on maybe everyone will start to agree with me

I picked Indy to win but I was only about %55 sure of that pick I was really thinking the Steelers might knock them off

and Carr a #6 team has beaten a #1 team it happened in 1985 when the Patriots made it all the way to the Super Bowl as the #6 seed

and finally

The Pats were a 5 I should know I remember that SB.Man huge 4th down.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:11:47 PM
Game over

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:12:02 PM

Since there were only 10 teams in the playoffs until the 1990 season that's actually impossible. NE was a 5 seed.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:12:34 PM
I feel bad for Dungy especially after he lost his son like that, It would have been nice to see him win a SB :(

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:12:54 PM
That should be the game. Honestly, after that call, the Colts really didn't deserve to be in a position to win this game. That Steelers blitz won the game. Imagine that, blitzing instead of dropping into a zone and hoping the other team makes a mistake. Who's a thunk it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:13:12 PM
Unbelievable

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:13:15 PM
THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!1

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:13:19 PM
OMFG!!!

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:14:10 PM
Rothlesburger saved the TD. It's still not over. OMG, I don't believe this. They're still not in FG range.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:15:04 PM
I think they should have called the TO there. Call it now, yeah, they're in FG range right now.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:15:30 PM
I feel so bad for Bettis. He doesn't deserve this. :cry

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:15:57 PM
Not the best NFL game I've ever seen by a long shot, but dang if this isn't one of the craziest finishes ever.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:17:06 PM
Huge FG try here.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:17:34 PM
Great defense, Wayne still almost came down with it. Here comes 3rd and 2............
Holy crap, here comes Vanderjagt. Again, this is why Vineteri goes into the HOF. He makes this damn kick.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:18:58 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Not the best NFL game I've ever seen by a long shot, but dang if this isn't one of the craziest finishes ever.

I agree. To be honest, the Colts played like crap for most of this game. And that call will go down in infamy. But this is an amazing finish. Here comes the k\ick...............he shanked it. It wasn't even <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing close. This is just stunning.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:19:16 PM
If this late flag goes against Pittsburgh I will be like shocked.

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:19:56 PM
That's why you try and get the 2 yards on 3rd down. You never go for the homerun ball when you need the first down instead.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:20:10 PM
That was shocking he missed it that bad.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:20:39 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
That's why you try and get the 2 yards on 3rd down. You never go for the homerun ball when you need the first down instead.
Yeah I question the playcalling there they should have tried to get more yardage.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:20:48 PM
It was only 46 yards, that was a CHOKE of epic proportions. I'm sorry, but I kick Vanderjerk off the team for that miss. He did the same thing against the Pats last year in the regular season and this miss was even worse.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:21:29 PM
Yeah I question the playcalling there they should have tried to get more yardage.

More examples of bad play calling by the Colts. They just didn't deserve to win today.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:22:29 PM
They played bad, I think what killed them was resting the last three weeks they were just very rusty, plus Dungy's son killing himself I think that last month killed them.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:22:53 PM
Be as accurate all you want, you *have* to make those clutch kicks.

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:23:20 PM
Forty six yards is still a long way to kick a football. Anything over 35, with the pressure of the world on you, is a risky venture. I'm not saying he shouldn't have made the kick, but put yourself in his shoes. It's not like it was a 25 yarder to win the game.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:25:49 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Forty six yards is still a long way to kick a football. Anything over 35, with the pressure of the world on you, is a risky venture. I'm not saying he shouldn't have made the kick, but put yourself in his shoes. It's not like it was a 25 yarder to win the game.

NO NO NO!!!! He's one of the most accurate kickers in the history of the league. And he didn't just miss the kick by a few yards, HE SHANKED IT! It was nothing but a choke. Damn, stop being such a nice guy and imagine a NT kicker shanking that one that bad with a bowl game on the line!!!!!!!!!!

JMK
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:26:03 PM
What a friggin rollercoaster game. The Colts did not deserve to win, not by a long shot, but the fact that they lost the way they did is heartbreaking. Vanderjagt has got to be in the unemployment line by 5pm today. That was unforgiveable to miss that badly in that situation. The chips fell right for the Steel today. Bettis nearly gave the game back but Big Ben saved their season with that tackle, he should get player of the game just for that. What a crazy game.

Add another chapter to Manning being one of the biggest gag artists on the face of the earth.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:26:34 PM
Yeah it wasn't a chip shot, they should have gotten him ten more yards really, and they could have if they had better play calling. You have two time outs, run the ball.
Now I think Seattle is the SB favorite, they are clearly the best team left. NE gave Denver that game yesterday. Chicago has no offense, Carolina is irratic. Seattle won yesterday without their best player and their defense looked dominant they are the best team right now.

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:29:23 PM
NO NO NO!!!! He's one of the most accurate kickers in the history of the league. And he didn't just miss the kick by a few yards, HE SHANKED IT! It was nothing but a choke. Damn, stop being such a nice guy and imagine a NT kicker shanking that one that bad with a bowl game on the line!!!!!!!!!!

So every time a player strikes out in the bottom of the 9th or a pitcher gives up a game winning homerun...or a guy misses his last second shot he chokes? :rolleyes

Sometimes you just miss. It happens. Scott Norwood's kick was also about 45 yards if I recall. He didn't choke...he just missed the kick.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:30:31 PM
I think Denver would be favored over the Seahawks right now. I think they're a better team than the Seahawks and I'd pick them to win it. But let's see what happens tonight, because both Chicago and Carolina are more than capable of winning in Seattle. I also think the Steelers have the perfect offense to go into Denver and win. Especially if the weather goes bad. They can run in bad weather like nobody's business. But upsetting the Broncos at Mile High is a tall order.

Mitch
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:32:02 PM
Mirelli has got to be one of the WORST refs I've ever seen. Bad call after bad call, the refs were stacking the game in the Colts's favor, but the Steelers still pulled it out.

Go Pittsburgh!

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:32:56 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
So every time a player strikes out in the bottom of the 9th or a pitcher gives up a game winning homerun...or a guy misses his last second shot he chokes? :rolleyes

Sometimes you just miss. It happens. Scott Norwood's kick was also about 45 yards if I recall. He didn't choke...he just missed the kick.

Okay boys and girls, let's take a roll call vote on whether Vanderjerk choked or just "missed." This is THE definition of choking. If that wasn't a choke, then there's NO such thing. You go to work with the highest kicking percentage IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE and you shank a game tying kick that badly then you choked. And Norwood, he choked too!!!!!!!!! :evil

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:34:18 PM
I think Denver would be favored over the Seahawks right now. I think they're a better team than the Seahawks and I'd pick them to win it. But let's see what happens tonight, because both Chicago and Carolina are more than capable of winning in Seattle. I also think the Steelers have the perfect offense to go into Denver and win. Especially if the weather goes bad. They can run in bad weather like nobody's business. But upsetting the Broncos at Mile High is a tall order.

I disagree Seattle is better, IMO I have seen them play they are playing with a lot of better. They have most underrated QB and probably the best RB. Their best WR is healthy I think they will beat whoever they meet the next two games.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:34:36 PM
I'm kidding about Norwood, he was at least close. But Vanderjerk was so way off it's an embarrassment.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:35:33 PM
I disagree Seattle is better, IMO I have seen them play they are playing with a lot of better. They have most underrated QB and probably the best RB. Their best WR is healthy I think they will beat whoever they meet the next two games.

Well, I'm sure dizzy will have ten thousand and 1 reasons why Denver is the better team. Boy, I can't wait for that post. ;)

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:37:39 PM
Norwood didn't choke. His made percentage of kicks over 40 yards was about 60/40 IIRC. That was a crap shoot either way(this was back in the days I really followed the NFL, I do have a pretty decent base knowledge of the past).

As far as "definition" of choking goes - try Jana Novatna in the 1993 Wimledon Final.

Mitch
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:38:45 PM
Go 'Hawks!

I want a Seahawks / Steelers Superbowl just so Andrew and I can be at each other's throats while we watch the game.

Ah, Seattle sports, where only one of our teams does well in a year, and everybody flocks to that team. Good going, Seahawks, it's about time you guys got some attention.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:39:03 PM
I couldn't analyze the game like I wanted to because of work, but what I did catch (4th quarter) it seemed as though the refs gave that big play away. I feel that they should've gave that interception up.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:39:32 PM
Well, I'm sure dizzy will have ten thousand and 1 reasons why Denver is the better team. Boy, I can't wait for that post. ;)
As a Bronco hater, I can't wait for it either. Honestly, Seattle has been ignored all season, in part because they play in the NorthWest and nobodoy gets to see them play. They have had a great season and won without Alexander last week (they would have blown out the Skins if he hadn't gotten hurt). I am rooting for them now, I guess in part because that area hasn't won anything unless you count the Huskies National title back in the early 90's and the Supersonics title back in the early 70's. Seattle fans haven't had much to cheer about in the last 40 years.

Mitch
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:41:12 PM
Hey, we've had baseball.

And let's not forget the Seattle Seadogs, our pro soccer team that... on second thought, let's forget them. Nobody in America gives a rip about soccer.

sirdizzy
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:41:58 PM
Nope all I have to say is HOME FIELD ADVATAGE

we don't lose that often in Denver and while the Steelers are good we are rested, we are at home and we are as gppd as they are

And Vanderjack isn't a choke artist PEYTON MANNING IS, how many games how many years how many oppurtunities can you miss. He's worse than Marino was in Big Games.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:42:08 PM
Originally posted by Mitch
Go 'Hawks!

I want a Seahawks / Steelers Superbowl just so Andrew and I can be at each other's throats while we watch the game.

Ah, Seattle sports, where only one of our teams does well in a year, and everybody flocks to that team. Good going, Seahawks, it's about time you guys got some attention.

Who knows Pittsburgh could beat them. I didn't think they had a prayer against Indy. Denver looked bad yesterday (offensively mainly). If NE hadn't any a turnover fest 3 fumbles and none of them really can be attributed to Denver causing and a forced throw that Brady should have tried. At this point who knows.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:42:57 PM
Originally posted by Mitch
Hey, we've had baseball.

And let's not forget the Seattle Seadogs, our pro soccer team that... on second thought, let's forget them. Nobody in America gives a rip about soccer.
Well the Mariners haven't won the WS which is what I meant. They have had good teams but never even made it to the big show.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:43:30 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Norwood didn't choke. His made percentage of kicks over 40 yards was about 60/40 IIRC. That was a crap shoot either way(this was back in the days I really followed the NFL, I do have a pretty decent base knowledge of the past).

As far as "definition" of choking goes - try Jana Novatna in the 1993 Wimledon Final.

I did say that I was kidding about Norwood, but you're not going to convince anyone here that Vanderjerk didn't choke today. You can put him right next to Novatna if you want. Just keep looking at that replay, the damn kick might still have been wide right if they'd moved the goal post 20 yards to the right. CHOKE,. CHOKE, CHOKE.......

CMJ
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:47:20 PM
I did say that I was kidding about Norwood, but you're not going to convince anyone here that Vanderjerk didn't choke today. You can put him right next to Novatna if you want. Just keep looking at that replay, the damn kick might still have been wide right if they'd moved the goal post 20 yards to the right. CHOKE,. CHOKE, CHOKE.......

I was already typin my post before your Norwood retraction. For those not familiar with the Novatna meltdown here's the highlights from wikipedia. Bolded for emphasis.

After losing a tight first set, Novotná put in an almost flawless performance to take a 6-7, 6-1, 4-1, 40-15 lead. However, with a convincing victory seemingly in her grasp, she lost her nerve and began missing easy shots, sometimes hitting the ball out by wide margins (including an infamous overhead smash that hit the back tarp). Graf took the next five games in succession and the title. During the prize-presentation ceremony, a distraught Novotná burst into tears and cried on the Duchess of Kent's shoulder. The Duchess comforted her by saying that she was sure Novotná would win the title one day. But at the time, many doubted that this was likely given how dramatically she had choked against Graf.

When an online encyclopedia says you choked dramatically it doesn't get any worse than that. ;)

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:47:28 PM

And Vanderjack isn't a choke artist PEYTON MANNING IS, how many games how many years how many oppurtunities can you miss. He's worse than Marino was in Big Games.

As much as I defend Manning, the way he ran that offense and called plays today he should be ashamed of himself. He should have called Edge's number way more than he did. But in that 4th quarter he did everything he was suppose to to send that game into overtime. The damn kicker choked overtime away. Hell, he could have killed someone. NFL nets aren't a mile wide!!!!!!!!

Lamar Starworth
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:47:42 PM
In the end result, I must say that Peyton Manning just isn't a god big game player. Hopefully his brother will bring some sort of hope for the family name next year, because every Colt Fan should watch from home after this display during the playoffs. How many years will it take before Peyton is a certified Season Winner and Playoff Weiner.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:49:06 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
When an online encyclopedia says you choked dramatically it doesn't get any worse than that. ;)
And Vanderjagt will be right next to her. Steve Smith and the Panthers have jumped up early on the Bears and have a 7-0 lead and now have the ball back in great field position.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:50:39 PM
I wouldn't call the kick a choke, a 46yd'er isn't a gimme, whether he missed by a foot or by 30.

Now the Colts as a team choked, they should not have lost this game, simple as that.

As for the Bronco's, I'll still be cheering for them but they will have to play better than they did vs the Pats as they got some gift TO's they won't see again. Steelers take too good care of the ball.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:50:48 PM
BTW, guess how many FG's Vanderjagt missed at home this season? Anyone want to guess? NONE. Oops, actually he did miss one, didn't he? CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE!!!!!!!!

JMK
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:52:23 PM
Norwood missed. I think he can be forgiven because of the elements, and because he wasn't the greatest kicker ever, but...

...Vanderjagt choked. He was at home (read: INDOORS), no wind, no bad weather and he shanked it further than he's probably ever shanked a ball in his career. That was embarassing. A 46 yarder is no chip shot, but in an enclosed stadium it should be doable for that guy. He's been PERFECT at home this year on FG's and XP's. To miss at that critical moment IS the definition of CHOKE. The snap was fine, the hold was good, Vanderjagt just succumbed to the pressure and laid a stinker.

The Colts are just lucky the game got to that point. Manning should have been picked by Palomalu 3 times (I think the Steelers got hosed on that overturned call). Sure the Steelers pressured Manning all day, but the best QB in the league threw a lot of bad balls up there for grabs.

I think the Broncos should be favored to win the SB. They manhandled the Pats last night. And to be the best you've got to beat the best...the Broncos are right on that track. The Seahawks are a very close second and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Denver in the SB, presuming both those teams get there. After today's performance I can see them going in to Denver and ripping off another win. They've already knocked off 2 extremely potent offenses (yes, I know about Palmer), but they still did what they had to do to win. You can make a reasonable argument that the Steelers can go in to Denver and win there as well.

Does anyone at this point even give the Panthers or Bears a shot at the title? I can't make a case for the Bears...they're just too offensively inept and all the defenses left are good enough to offset the Bears defense.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:00:10 PM
Vanderjadt was 7/8 this season from 40-49 yards. And like JMK said, it was indoors and it was at home. If he hits the upright or goes a couple of yards wide right then it's forgiveable. But to shank it that badly to end a season where he's gone 23/25 is one of the biggest chokes I've ever seen. And when you throw in the fact that he was mouthing off a few years ago about how Manning needed to take charge more and wasn't a real leader than the "idiot kicker" label comes back into play. Vineteri kicks 40+ yarders in blizzards and this guy shanks it 20 yards wide in a dome. CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE!!!

The game never should have been placed in his hands anyway. I can't for the life of me understand how that call was overturned. If I were a life long Steelers fan I would have been getting in my car and making my way towards that refs home. Honestly, across the board, this was some of the worst playoff officiating the NFL has seen in years. And I'm including yesterday's games in that statement.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:04:29 PM
Panthers already up 7-0 and driving, I'm really doubting the Bears can provide enough offense unless they get some serious turnovers

Mitch
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:05:58 PM
Go Panthers! Wear yourselves out so you can be Hawk food.

Kale
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:11:24 PM
If I were a life long Steelers fan I would have been getting in my car and making my way towards that refs home.

Speaking as a life-long Steelers fan, I almost did.

Seriously, the league needs to re-examine its rules on what constitutes the establishment of possession. There have been plays all year that they called incomplete because the ball popped out after the player fell down. It's one thing if he's bobbling it all the way down. It's another if he hugs it to his chest, falls onto his back, and gets it stripped away. Buccaneer fans know what I'm talking about.

This call, of course, was ludicrous even by the current standards. "The player lost control of the ball before taking his knee off the ground"-- where the heck does that come from? Aside from a few mistakes (and the Bettis fumble was obviously huge), the Steelers played great, and I'm glad the refs were denied the opportunity of stealing it away from them.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:39:36 PM
The Panthers are too helter skelter. They have looked god awful this season at times and look great others. I think they won't beat Seattle though. Seattle is the best team at home the last couple of years. Also about Seattle their strength on defense is rushing defense they have the second or third rushing defense, and the teams left that is their stregnth. They can shut down that and none of the teams except Seattle has a potent passing offense (well maybe the Panthers but outside of Steve Smith they have nothing).

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 04:41:44 PM
What an INT by Urlacher, not sure how he made that catch.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:05:55 PM
That was a Monster INT by Urlacher.

Bears just drive rather impressively to score a TD and make a game of it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:06:46 PM
They had to score there, it keeps them in the game.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:07:20 PM
With that big 4th and goal TD the Bears are back in this game down only 1 score. Steve Smith has been amazing so far. Let's see if the Panthers get anything here before the half. I think the Bears start the second half with the ball so if they can shut the Panthers down here they'll be in good shape.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:08:40 PM
Steve Smith is all they have had so far.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:09:14 PM
I'm just coming down from that first game. Holy cow, that was unreal. Poor Manning and Dungy, will they EVER get over the hump?

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:12:17 PM
Grossman is inexperienced, but the guy slings the ball. He throws like he doesn't give a crap what happens. That's why he's so much better for the Bears than Orton. He definitely gives the Bears their best chance to win today. Man, Smith just made an amazing move to get that first down. No more TO's for the Bears, they just want this half to end now.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:17:16 PM
I really don't understand the Colts, were the Steelers that good or was basically 4 weeks of rest too much for the Colts?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:18:11 PM
I really don't understand the Colts, were the Steelers that good or was basically 4 weeks of rest too much for the Colts?
Well sometime resting players for that long makes them very very rusty. They probably should have played more the last two weeks there.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:21:57 PM
This article makes me feel a bit better :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2292944

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:24:17 PM
Wow I hate the Steelers...I thought the Colts annoyed me but just Cowher and his overall smugness just irks me.

I'm also loving the annual respect Card, no doubt the Pats played this one to death but I've been seeing it from the Bronco's and Steelers now that they both won.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:41:19 PM
Grossman and Jones lead the Bears to an opening second half TD drive. I'm telling you, I like this kid. He's not afraid to throw the ball and he's got his team back in the game.

As for the Colts, they looked like they were in the same funk as that Chargers game. But I still think the root of their problem today was their play calling. That should have been taken out of Manning's hands at some point and Edge should have been the focus of the offense.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:42:33 PM
16-14 now, Bears starting to play on offense. About Denver, I agree with that article, if they play like that next Sunday they will lose.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:44:50 PM
This article makes me feel a bit better :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2292944

Wow, Gene Wojciechowski must not have any Denver travel plans in his future. Brutal.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:46:58 PM
Oh, oh, Foster is down. Da Bears got momentum now, let's see if that defense made any adjustments. Carolina put up a ton of yards in the first half. I can't see that Bears D putting up 2 bad halves of football.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:47:09 PM
Wow, Gene Wojciechowski must not have any Denver travel plans in his future. Brutal.
I think he is right though.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:49:43 PM
I think he is right though.

I'm picking the Steelers, but Woj went out of his way to take alot of shots at Jake and Shanahan. I wonder if he'll take his licks if Denver wins next week.

Meanwhile, Foster has just been carted off the field. It's 3rd down and Smith keeps making plays. 3rd and 5........first down to Prouel.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:52:48 PM
Big 3rd down sack, Da Bears D steps up and puts their team in position to drive down and grab the lead.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:54:27 PM
I'm picking the Steelers, but Woj went out of his way to take alot of shots at Jake and Shanahan. I wonder if he'll take his licks if Denver wins next week.

Meanwhile, Foster has just been carted off the field. It's 3rd down and Smith keeps making plays. 3rd and 5........first down to Prouel.

He did make some cheap shots and I agree that was a little low. I think he could have made his point without the cheap shots.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 05:58:13 PM
He sounds like a "Fill in your AFC West Rival Fan", not a writer. That's the kind of stuff WE should be writting, not an ESPN columnist. 3rd and 11 and the Panthers will be in good shape if Da Bears don't pick up a first down.... I guess they didn't trust Grossman because that draw was about as safe a call as you could make. The Panthers should get good field position...

That was ugly, but effective. Any time you punt out of your endzone but you keep the other team on their side of the 50 that's a win.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:00:51 PM
He sounds like a "Fill in your AFC West Rival Fan", not a writer. That's the kind of stuff WE should be writting, not an ESPN columnist. 3rd and 11 and the Panthers will be in good shape if Da Bears don't pick up a first down.... I guess they didn't trust Grossman because that draw was about as safe a call as you could make. The Panthers should get good field position...

That was ugly, but effective. Any time you punt out of your endzone but you keep the other team on their side of the 50 that's a win.

Yeah something a Chief fan would write heh

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:04:00 PM
Man, Chicago CAN'T stop Smith! Urlacher should have had that sack, but it was a big loss for Carolina. I think that puts them out of FG range, 2nd down coming up.

JMK
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:05:53 PM

Yikes, is Gene a Pats fan or what? That was a little harsh for a team going to the AFC title game. Some of it may be true, ok, a lot of it IS true, but to say the Broncos won't get to the SB because NE gave them the game is a little overboard. Denver did what they had to do to win, and in yesterday's case all they had to do was capitalize on turnovers.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:06:59 PM
WTF?! That was just embarrasing. Thompson just tripped over Smith but he never should have been one on one with him in the first place. The safety should have been over there to help. Hell, the safeties need to be running towards whatever side Steve Smith lines up on. I think that gives Smith over 200 yards. Wow.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:14:39 PM
For whatever it means, Vegas has just put up the Broncos as favorites to win the SB now that Indy is out. I guess they don't have much faith in Chicago or Carolina.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:15:33 PM
Who would have a thought we have a shootout in this game?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:16:19 PM
For whatever it means, Vegas has just put up the Broncos as favorites to win the SB now that Indy is out. I guess they don't have much faith in Chicago or Carolina.

Well its east Coast bias too nobody is going to give seattle much credit unless they win the SB.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:18:03 PM
Chicago is battling, they've got first and goal with over 13 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:24:22 PM
Great, another challenge on a key play. Ughh. Now, even if they rule that he fumbled the ball into the endzone, the Bears should be able to accept the penalty and still keep the ball. I do think the TD should be taken back, but Chicago shouldn't lose the ball.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:27:08 PM
That face mask saved Chicago, and for a change, THE REFS GOT IT RIGHT! First and goal and Da Bears should be able to pound inside the 4.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:29:53 PM
TD Wild game here.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:37:17 PM
Wow, earlier, the Colts offense was nowhere to be found. Tonight, the Bears defense seems to have completely disappeared. What in the wide world of sports is going on?

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:39:07 PM
Look at that TD, the tightend was WIDE open. The Bears were scrambling around before the play started like they didn't know what the hell was going on. Holy cow, Kasay just missed the extra point! That means the Bears could actually tie this game with a 2 pt conversion. Holy crap, what the hell is going on with these playoffs?!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:40:15 PM
I know that is what I thought, also Carolina has a good defense, both defenses haven't shown up today. Winner of this game maybe have a lot of trouble with Seattle. Oh missed xp makes this a 1 possession game.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:47:50 PM
The Bears defense FINALLY shows up. They've been a damn sieve in the second half. Around 6 minutes and the Bears are looking at most at 2 possessions. Let it fly Rex, you have nothing to lose.

jjwr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:48:20 PM
Denver as the favorite? How? As lopsided as the score was the Pats had to implode for the Bronco's to win the game, they made the plays when they needed to but its not like the first game where they were all over them on their own.

I wouldn't mind seeing Carolina winning the SB either, they had a great game a few years back and deserve another shot at it.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:49:48 PM
The way the Bears are taking their time between plays it looks like they're putting everything into this last drive. I think they should be running a no huddle and playing for 2 possessions.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:51:43 PM
Denver as the favorite? How? As lopsided as the score was the Pats had to implode for the Bronco's to win the game, they made the plays when they needed to but its not like the first game where they were all over them on their own.

I wouldn't mind seeing Carolina winning the SB either, they had a great game a few years back and deserve another shot at it.

They're going to be favored because despite the breaks they got in that NE game, they still beat the defending champs. They also won 13 games and are the #2 seed in the AFC. The way the conferences are today, the #1 and #2 seeds are bound to be favorites over anything the NFC runs out for the Superbowl.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:54:01 PM
I just checked the odds and Denver is favored by only a FG. That's pretty close when you consider their records, home field, and their seeds. Obviously, the Broncos may be favored, but not overwhelmingly.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:56:06 PM
The Rex Grossman dream is over. Wow, Buck just pointed out that the play should have been blown dead. I wonder if that's something Smith could have challenged? Well, it's too late now. A short 2nd and 1 and only 2 timeouts. They let Carolina pick up way too much on that first down. It looks like this game is about over.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:57:06 PM
Yeah it isn't by much, besides that doesn't matter until we get to see who makes the SB. Panthers should win this game, and Foster looked in bad shape, if he is out I don't think they will fare well at all agains Seattle. Although, I don't think they can beat them there anyway. Seattle is just too good at home.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 06:58:36 PM
Huge play by the Bears there. This puts them in position to get the ball back with some time on the clock. Does Carolina run and force Chicago to use that last timeout?

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 07:00:09 PM
That call by the Panthers was pretty shrewd. They put the ball in Smith's hands, but did it in a way that gauranteed the Bears would have to burn their last timeout. That second down play has kept Chicago in the game. Here comes their last stand.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2006, 07:05:07 PM
Well game over, I don't think Carolina will fair that well against Seattle, of course I don't think Chicago would have either.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 07:05:19 PM
The way today has gone I'm surprised their wasn't a flag on that play. The Bears didn't lose today because of Grossman. They lost because that "great" defense was nowhere to be found. Wow, who laid the bigger egg today, the Colts offense or the Bears defense?

JMK
Jan 15th, 2006, 07:16:33 PM
The officiating has been very very questionable at best today. The refs almost had a huge hand in deciding both of today's games. I hope the league sends a memo to the head of officiating and instructs the crews to get their heads out of their rear ends.

Jedieb
Jan 15th, 2006, 07:17:35 PM
Divisional Round
Yog 3-1
dizzy 3-1
Ryan 3-1
jedieb 2-2
JMK 2-2
Nathanial K'cansce 2-2
Jinn 2-2
jjwr 2-2
LD 1-3
Carr 1-3

Playoffs
Ryan 7-1
dizzy 6-2
jjwr 6-2
Yog 5-3
JMK 5-3
Nathanial K'cansce 5-3
jedieb 4-4
Jinn 4-4
LD 4-4
Carr 4-4

Looks like Ryan has gone from worst to first!