PDA

View Full Version : Gone

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:49:22 PM
Trans-Pacific Open Source Software Conference is starting tomorrow and runs 'til Thursday, so I won't back here til maybe Friday. My uncle has presentations and he's asked me to come with him each day. |I

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:36:51 PM
Have fun!

|I

Or...not?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:07:03 PM
That sounds like fun! Can I go in your place?

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:20:29 PM
I hate computer stuff, but I feel obligated to go because I haven't seen my uncle for six or seven years and he's trying to include me.

That sounds like fun! Can I go in your place?

o.k

Sudoku
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:09:35 PM
Just try to make the best of it. if it's one of those things with lots of booths for different companies, see how many free things you can get ^_^; :lol

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 9th, 2006, 03:32:37 PM
lunchbreak. i... think... i'm... dying... of... boredom... and... i... don't... understand... anything... anyone... is... saying... make... the... lectures... stop... :cry

i want to be at home consuming inordinate amounts of chicken soup, dove chocolate, and penny arcade.

(i did get a comfy trolltech shirt tho from some guy my uncle works with. i don't know what Qt is, but i have something to clutch when the sessions start up again.)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:53:23 PM
You should walk around and get everyone to sign the shirt - treat this thing like a concert. See if you can get a moshpit started - or you can try for a rave if you can get a hold of some glowsticks :)

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:55:11 PM
Originally posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy
You should walk around and get everyone to sign the shirt - treat this thing like a concert. See if you can get a moshpit started - or you can try for a rave if you can get a hold of some glowsticks :)

You know, the last thing I would want to be in the midle of is a mosh pit of smelly fat Open Source zealot geeks

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:05:37 PM
Well, she can get it started, but I'd recommend bailing once it gets going so she can watch.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:12:43 PM
Well, she can get it started, but I'd recommend bailing once it gets going so she can watch.

Watching I think would make me vomit. I dont want to see 400lb male geeks mosh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:18:01 PM
bah. I bet there's a few decent lookers in the crowd :p

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:19:43 PM

Females at a Open Source convention?!?!?!

Surely you jest

Lady Vader
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:41:07 PM
And for that matter... females exist on the interweb???!!!1!1111??//?

Sounds like fun! :p

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:36:42 PM
Most of the people there were pale and skinny, actually. And my uncle's not a bad-looking guy.

Also, I'm quite surprised that he's fairly well-known amongst these people. Someone actually asked for his autograph after his presentation, and then my uncle showed me a thong someone had sent him in the mail with the logo of the project he's working on stamped on it. He's like a geek rock-star.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:47:17 PM
What project is he on exactly?

Sanis Prent
Jan 10th, 2006, 12:23:38 AM

You, with the roving eyes! :mad

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 10th, 2006, 01:07:42 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
What project is he on exactly?

Something called 'KDE'.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:52:38 AM
KDE is a really really big deal. Which part?

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 10th, 2006, 09:32:05 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
You, with the roving eyes! :mad

:lol

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 10th, 2006, 11:15:24 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
KDE is a really really big deal. Which part?

I'm not sure exactly. He's a developer. Here, his blog is infinetly more helpful than I am (and is full with EXCITING COMPUTER NEWS!!!!)... http://www.aseigo.blogspot.com

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 12th, 2006, 07:09:53 PM
Well, it's over. Not so bad, I guess. I got a free shirt. OSEF = Open Source Education Foundation. Not sure what's up with the penguin though.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/lizmclellan/shirt004.jpg

Morgan Evanar
Jan 12th, 2006, 09:03:24 PM
That's Tux, Linux's mascot.