PDA

View Full Version : I love David Letterman

Jedieb
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:42:35 PM
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/dave_tv/ls_dtv_big_show_highlights.shtml#

Best line of the interview;
"I have the feeling about 60 percent of what you say is crap."

Yes, political correctness is ridiculous at times. But there's no damn war on Christmas. Common sense? Yes, but not Christmas. Hell, most of the "proof" O'Reilly uses to back his claim is just flat out untrue. He's either ignorant of it, or just flat out lying. The real story behind the X-Mas play he was babbling about in the interview makes him look like an idiot.

Yog
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:52:33 PM
I make sure to watch David Letterman every time I have the chance. He is my favorite talkshow host :)

Droo
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:00:01 PM
Nothing but a pair of pompous dimwits competing for ratings more than anything else to me.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:24:59 PM
Originally posted by Droo
Nothing but a pair of pompous dimwits competing for ratings more than anything else to me. As an amazing surprise Dru and I agree on something. ;)

Jedieb
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:07:00 PM
I don't think I'd call Letterman pompous or dimwitted. He sure as hell doesn't present his show as "fair and balanced." It's a comedy show and he doesn't take it, or himself, too seriously. You can argue about who's funnier, Letterman or Leno, but both those guys put on a completely different kind of show than O'Reilly. I just loved watching O'Reilly get b-slapped. It was hysterical.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:14:48 PM
Neither Leno nor Letterman have been funny for years. The only reason either one has shows is some sort of bizzare momentum.

The less exposure O'rly gets the better. Hopefully he'll just dissapear from the face of the earth like the irrellevant troll he is.

Jedieb
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:00:36 PM
I just can't stay up late enough to see either of them. We've got Tivo now and I still haven't gotten around to setting it to record Letterman. But during college Letterman was a staple of my life. I even watched his first daytime show when I was a kid. Letterman had a really nice tribute for Carson last year. Johnny always considered him his real successor and was even sending Letterman jokes these last few years. I think I'll set Tivo up right now so I can at least watch the top 10 lists every afternoon.