PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Blues (open)

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:46:18 AM
He walked the busy Coruscant street with his jacket pulled tight against his face. He'd left Daethira a few days before, he had a few shops he had to visit on Coruscant. The last time he was here he'd pawned a few personal posessions when he'd suddenly ran low on credits and wanted to hit another bar.

Ugh, just the thought of what he'd done for that addicition made him sick to his stomache, hopefully he could get at least a few of his articles back though. The sooner he was off of Coruscant, and back on Daethira with Ric, the better - he had barely left Ric's side since they met, and this was going to end up being at least a week without him.

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:24:34 AM
Laurent Delinore was the social buzz of the Coruscant season. Too bad the title only existed in the underworld. Traipsing about the back alleys, he wore a maniacal smile that radiate mischief and bestowed it upon all he passed; a rat, a dead body, and woman at the mouth of the alley whom had the same shrewdness in her appearance. Now, it could hardly be said that he was up to no good. What good could be done within the depths of Coruscant's underworld? It was a place of sin that he never grow bored of. There was always some fop to run into or a young woman to..

His thoughts and movement stopped as suddenly as they had started. The smile widened, if that were even possible, revealing very sharp first and second canines and the brief glimpse of a tongue ring as it flicked across his lower lip. Oh jolly day! A man of his very own! He laughed, a musical sound that could be metaphored into the likeness of nails on a chalkboard.

He watched the oddly adorned man shift past the alley mouth and danced out behind him, his feet falling against the duracrete walkway silently. The only sound that could be heard was the occasionally flap of his tattered coattails, the tinkle of the rings on his baggy black pants, and churn of imaginary plots in his head. All he had to do was get close enough and...

His plans, like a brilliant flash of lightning, were gone before he had fully worked through them. A crack in the uneven pavement bit into the coarse leather of his shoe and wouldn't let go! How rude!

The next thing he knew he was sailing through the air all graceful like, then landing like a sack of something on Mr. Nice shirt's back. He let out a rather unmanly giggle and locked his arms around him.

"Whoops! Tag yer it! Haha..." He babbled, straightening. He lifted the man up then dropped him, being sure to grant him a tight squeeze before the fall. "Sorry, gov! Righty over lefty and you know the rest. Didn't mean to soil yer goods." He all but barked in apology, rolling his hand and dipping into a deep bow. His forehead knocked the man's back, but he wouldn't be deterred!

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:29:15 AM
He stumbled back a bit, a numb pain against his skull as he was 'bonked' by the strange guy.

"Um... no... no problem." Very strange, of course there are always strange people on Coruscant. "It is best to be careful, the sidewalk can be a bit tricky." He remembered that particular lesson from his last visit, a great deal of which was spent on this very sidewalk, trying to get back up.

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:40:42 AM
"Oh! You don't have to tell me, sir! I never trip." He remarked, knocking the man's back again as he straightened. He gave his forehead a brief rub then shoved his hands into his pocket, his fingers toiling across the cold silver of a ring. It was probably worth pocket fuzz but the man didn't have much else on him. Some pointing thing attached to the belt, but he figure he might need that while touring the wilds of Coruscant. You never know what kind of freak you might run into.

Narrow but alarmingly green eyes found the man's face and wandered across it for a moment. He wasn't from around here, he noted. He was too clean and he smelled too nice, Laurent noted. Maybe uptown, but not the underworld. All the more reason to play with him a bit more. This guy was no push over. He would no doubt realize his precious item was long gone with Delinore.

"Nighty night, big boy." He slurred in a wanton voice that rang all too familiar in his ears. Then, without another word, glance, or stumble, he disappeared down the steps of an adjacent alley.

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:46:18 AM
He blinked once, rubbing his head. How strange that had been, a very odd occurance. With a small sigh, he put his hands into his pockets, and turned to leave.

"..."

His eyes froze wide, as his right hand searched his pocket, there should have been a ring in there. One of his articles he had come back to acquire, a family heirloom - handcrafted from platinum with gold inlay, and small rubbies along the band. It was gone.

He checked the pocket feverishly, was there a hole it could have fallen through or... he spun quickly to look back down the alley. He'd been robbed! That little...! In a flash he took off down the alley, he wouldn't get away with his property. No sir, he would not!

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:57:36 AM
Such frantic vibes would get the man no where, Laurent thought, the voice in his head taking on a sage-like tone. In his urgency, the man rushed right past his target, who stood with his back to a latter, his gloved hands cupped around the cool vertical bars. He had been noticed, at least. He rewarded his dark wardrobe with a devious smile.

"Oy! Do you always go rushing down into dark alleyways, sir? You might get 'urt!" He informed the man in a matter-of-fact voice that was brimmed with a cockney disguise. "You lose something?" He asked with a grin, drawing his feet from the pavement to the horizontal lay of one of the latter steps.

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:01:40 AM
He stopped as best he could, skidding slightly, as he turned. The 'gentleman' hadn't run far, which gave weight to his growing theory that he was insane. Crazy people could be trouble, sometimes it was best to play along, there was no need for hostility. At least not yet.

"Yes, as a matter of fact. Might you know where it is?"

He did, he KNEW he did. In the back of his head he could almost see the ring sitting inside of his pocket.

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:11:08 AM
"It? What it? I know no it!" He harked. He released the latter to beat fiercely upon his chest only to realize too late that without grip there was only down. He shrieked loudly and went tumbling down the latter shaft, landing in a heap a good three yards beneath the ground surface. A dazed moan reverberated upward closely followed by a slew of curses.

"Oy, crickets! That'll bruise sooner rather than later. High and mighty Button Shirt shovin' little ole me down the latter! I spit in your direction, sir!" He hissed, gingerly unfolding himself from his pretzel position.

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:15:02 AM
"I apologize if I startled you, and I'm sorry that you fell down."

He shook his head a bit. He was completely insane, and playing dumb. He needed his ring, if that meant paying for it again today, then... so be it.

"That ring you... found... sir, I need it please. It's a family piece, you see, it has great sentimental value. I'd be happy to... how do you put this... reward you for its return?"

He knew the rules of the street, survive by any means, and such - poor soul probably just needed cash, so this may be the quickest way to end this ordeal.

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:03:31 AM
"Found? Oh no, sir. You misunderstand me. I stole it fair and square." He said proudly from below, erecting himself into a lopsided standing position. He reached out to the doorknob to his right, testing it. To his dismay, it was locked, which meant climbing the damn latter and scuttling in through the skylight again. After three times this week you'd have thought he would have remember his key. Laurent was annoyed and that certainly wasn't good for anyone's health.

He climbed the latter quickly and jumped up beside the man, dusting his ragged dress coat's pointed collar. Drawing the ring from his pocket, he placed in on his ring finger, then wiggled the gloved digits primly. "And why would it be so important..." He purred softly, gazing deep into the man's eyes, searching them. "..after you killed them anyway?" He finished coldly, looking away.

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:08:45 AM
X's vision blurred around the edges, had he just said... but... how could he know... his lip was trembling now, and a thousand emotions overtook him. Part of him wanted to shut his filthy mouth, through any means necessary, and another wished to run away, his logical side won out though.

"I... I'm sorry, but... you must be mista..." No X. No. Running from what you did drove you to your addictions, and would have killed you. You want redemption, you must earn it. Own up to what you've done. Do it!

"...mistaken." He couldn't though, it was so hard. Only one person knew his secret, well - two appearantly, though how this one knew was beyond him. "I... just give me the ring."

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:18:48 AM
A single sentence had turned the man into a pile of goo and it wasn't the kind of goo he preferred. Such loss, such hurt. He reveled in them more than he would let on. The smile was gone from his face, replaced by a stoic line that was no easier to read than the mask of boredom glazing his swarming green eyes. The thought he had plucked from his mind had obviously been more than a thought, a memory in fact. It was a skill that Laurent was quite proud, but not so sure of. Sometimes such knowledge got him into trouble.

"No." He said softly, a whisper that was more firm and viscous than a yell. The word fell between them like a glove and he had no intention of drawing it back in. Besides, the ring looked nice on him.

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:23:15 AM
His eyes narrowed, blurring, darkening at the edge. No? NO? How dare he. How dare this slimy alien steal from him, taunt him, and then refuse him.

X... X calm down. You keep this side of you in check, relax... relax...

No, not this time. This boy was crossing lines X simply wouldn't allow him to cross, his hand found its rest on his swords hilt and he raised his head slightly, legs beginning to spread. "I will give you one more chance. MY ring. NOW."

His breath hit his own face heavily, and his nostrils flared gently, he had to try to regain composure, he had to try to stay calm. C'mon kid, just give me my ring already...

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:28:42 AM
He didn't even answer. Why should he answer again? Had he not heard him the first time? No, he no doubt had. He was just making an attempt at being intimidating. His smile was back and he flashed it toward the man before turning and walking out of the alley in the same direction which he had entered it.

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:32:11 AM
Something snapped, and X no longer cared if the boy lived or died. The sword was out, and X slowly, methodically stalked after him.

"Turning your back was a mistake."

He raised his blade, and sanity overtook him again. A thief, yes, but he wasn't a threat to your life! What are you doing?!

He changed the angle, and aimed the hilt for the back of his head, fine. He wouldn't kill him, but he wouldn't let him leave with his property either.

Laurent Delinore
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:43:12 AM
The moment the man's words left his mouth Laurent was in motion. Dropping forward, he pushed himself upward into a handstand and kicked the blade from the man's hands. After seeing it skittered into the street before him, he managed a few more aimless kicks that allowed him enough time and space to straighten once more. This was going to be more fun than he had expected.

"Let's make this all fair like, k? I 'aven't got a fancy sword or nothin' so we'll do this my way." He growled, his features contorted to reveal just how alien he really was. Horns now parted his multicolored bangs and his hands grew more shaped with muscle and veins. His teeth bore down in sharpened threat and the vivid lines of his face became ever more noticable.

"Sure you don't want to just leave the ring with me?" He asked, poising his fists in a defensive stance.

Xanatos Etanial
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:47:16 AM
His blade! He was faster, faster than most he'd encountered since leaving home, still. He looked upon the face of his opponent with interest, some of the features were almost familiar. A call back to his own species more primitive past. It was relaxing really, from this it was easier to imagine the boy as something a bit more worthy of his time.

He shifted his weight, raising one hand a bit, and clenching his fist, then unclenching it into a stiff palm, lowering it slightly, he didn't need the sword to finish this.

"A fair fight sounds good to me, shall we begin?"

Laurent Delinore
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:04:47 AM
His expression was grave and his attention wandering, though his opponent would never suspect it. Beneath the spikey set of his bangs, his eyes wandered the alley. Several good points, several bad ones. One step back and he'd be tumbling down the rabbit hole again. Ouchers, he thought, his hand circling around to rub his sore backside. This guy was obviously grade A serious about the whoopin' though. His eyebrow twitched beneath the layers of dark brown hair and he emitted a soft growl.

One step forward, lurch. He was headed straight for him and at the last moment, the first chance for contact, he cut back and ran in the opposite direction, taking off up the ladder at the alley's end.

"Nnahhh! Haha.. gotta catch me first, chap!"

Xanatos Etanial
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:09:21 AM
He was advancing good, and now he would finish... HEY! What?! The punk had darted back and headed up the ladder. He growled under his breath, clenching his fist. No. NO. He would not let him escape that easily!

He took off after him, darting up the ladder behind him, he was fast - so the key was to not lose sight of him, X pushed himself climbing the ladder as fast as he could.

"Come back here you little!"

Laurent Delinore
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:14:50 AM
He stopped for a moment. Just a moment, to cast a glare down at him and a fiesty, rebellious thrust of his tongue. "I am not little, stupid!" He shot back, nodding his head as though approving of his own insult and then started back with climbing again. Why couldn't he just give up? He scowled and stomped as he climbed, pulling himself up onto the roof when he reached the ladder's tip top.

The roof of the slum building was in poor condition, causing Laurent to move with lazily and anything but gracefully motions, tripping over grimey boards, piles of he-didn't-know-what, and beer bottles. Who the heck would take this for a pleasure spot? He stopped, turned, and watched to see how his chaser was fairing.

"Surrender yet, Mr. Sir?"

Xanatos Etanial
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:20:12 AM
He pounded the roof with his fist as he got to the top, shouting back with a growl. "Surrender?! ME?! Never - last chance kid." He huffed slightly. "Give me my ring, and we'll forget all about this."

Stupid kid - just hand it over already. He got to the top and cracked his neck, looking him over "There's nowhere to run this time." He advanced cautiously, the roof was a shambles - god it was disgusting up here.

He narrowed his eyes again and extended his palm. "C'mon."

Laurent Delinore
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:24:33 AM
He didn't get it. Grumbleglare...

His angst that was obviously directed toward the man was quickly replaced by his naturally playful demeanor. The roof was about to cave in around him. If he didn't move soon, he would be gone and he'd have stupid up above him laughing like the darned butthead that he was. Laurent thus devised his plan. Make him angry and he shall come.

Placing his thumbs against the sides of his head, he splayed each of his digits then poked out his tongue and while doing so, wiggled each of his fingers tauntingly so. If that didn't get to anybody, he didn't know what did.

Xanatos Etanial
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:29:18 AM
With a growl he lunged for Laurent. "I gave you a chance, now I'll take your whole hand as well!"

The roof creeked loudly, but in his anger he didn't notice. He was steps away from Laurent, and he was going to shut the little punk up.

Laurent Delinore
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:42:42 AM
"Oh come off it!" He growled, lowering his hands from his head and glancing about. He needed to find something to hang onto or he was gonna.

Creak. Crunch... Crunch...

"Oh sh - "

It happened like that. They both looked at one another in horror for the split second that they hung in midair together. The roof was there and then it wasn't. Was kinda funny until he saw the man swinging like a wildcat at his falling frame. It was slow motion for a while, he almost felt like he could twiddle his thumbs for a bit, but that thought was quickly crushed when his back hit the floor and said grumpy pants landed like a sack of potatoes on top.

"Oy..."

Xanatos Etanial
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:47:22 AM
"Oh.. gods..." He moaned in pain - that had been... unexpected.

You rushed in, you didn't look at your surroundings - how stupid are you? He shook that annoyingly right little voice from his mind and went to stand, pain overtook him and he collapsed again, landing on his back a few feet from his 'opponent.'

"HNNNNH..." He clutched his back for a moment, and his eyes widened as he felt the chunk of metal that had embedded itself in the side of his back. Well crap. He tried pulling it out, but couldn't get a good grip at it from it's angle. He writhed in pain before letting out a low agonizing scream.

Laurent Delinore
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:53:53 AM
That rabbit hole had been a bit deeper than the first, he thought bitterly, eyeing his injured opponent fling himself away and moan in what he hoped was a whole lotta pain. He supposed if he attempted to move he would be rewarded with much the same result, however, he was pretty certain he didn't have something shiney sticking out of his back. His spikes had retracted throughout the duration of the fall and thus it was only his neck and back that broke his fall.

He sat up and twisted about. Snap, crackle, pop. Ouchers.

He let out a grunt of pain and then crawled over to his grounded attacker, flinging himself atop him, pinning down his limbs with the restless weight of his own body parts. He ground him back against the floor, revelling in the scraping noise emitted by the sharp metal embedded within his backside as it raked the floor. Another groan. He smiled and focused his wolf-like silver eyes down upon his prey.

"Surrender..."

Xanatos Etanial
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:58:51 AM
"Surrender..." The words stung his ears and he let out a hiss of pain, and anger. "NEVER, and Etanial never surrenders..." This statement was rewarded with another push back into the floor. The metal twisted slightly and he felt it slide farther into his back.

"AHHHHHHH." He threw his head to the side in pain, his own scream of anguish catching in his throat and stuttering towards its end.

"..." Pride would get him nothing but further hurt here, let it go X. "Fine... keep the ring." He clenched his teeth tight and pushed back tears of pain. "Just help me."

Laurent Delinore
Mar 4th, 2006, 01:06:31 AM
"Help you..?" He growled, sitting up slightly. He pulled the man up with him by the collar of his shirt, allowing him to hang loosely back. One of his hands trailed back from the collar, down his side and around to the shard of metal in his back, his finger-tips dancing around the wound. Each hiss, each groan was music to his ears and the chorus chimed in somewhere between the dissonant notes of pain.

Take him. He's weak and misled. He doesn't know what kind of foolish life he has been leading. Make him accept the path that he once walked freely. Murder. Anguish. He knows them well. Purge the thoughts of goodness from his mind. Make him forget... him.

"I'll help you..." He growled, shoving the shard in a bit more before tearing it from his flesh. He grinned slightly and brought the newly found weapon around to his victim's throat. It was quite clear, the demon in his eyes that could only be defined as one thing. The brutal hunger of the force that controlled him. The same thing was buried within him... and he would exploit that darkness.

"I think you'll come around nicely, Xanatos Etanial."

Xanatos Etanial
Mar 17th, 2006, 11:17:48 PM
Fight back you moron! Fight... The voice in his head trailed off slowly, a combination of Laurent's voice overtaking it - and a continued loss of blood.

"I think you'll come around nicely, Xanatos Etanial." He had only an instant to ponder what he meant as the the room started to spin and grow dark - his head slumping as he lost conciousness.

The next few weeks were a flash of hazy memories - images of blood, chains, whips - they came and went like a bad dream...

Continued here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40225)