Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:53:24 PM
Saturday
Washington at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England

Sunday
Carolina at Giants
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Please post all picks in one post before the first game begins on Saturday at 4:30 EST.

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:54:22 PM
Saturday
Washington at Tampa Bay WIN
Jacksonville at New England WIN

Sunday
Carolina at Giants WIN
WIN Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

jjwr
Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:44:52 PM
I'm considering picking 3 road teams...scary.

Ryan Pode
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:10:53 AM
Saturday
Washington win at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England win

Sunday
Carolina at Giants win
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati win

The Pode All-Pro’s

Offense:

QB: Peyton Manning, IND- 3,700 yards, 28 TDs, and a 104.1 QB rating for the highest in the NFL. Oh, and he’s 13-1 in games he’s finished.

RB: Shaun Alexander, SEA- 28 total TDs and the rushing title on a healthy 5.1 yards per carry average.

WR: Steve Smith, CAR- tied for the most catches and most touchdown receptions, has the most yardage receiving, even has a rushing touchdown.

Anquan Boldin, ARZ- He had 102 catches for 1,402 yards and 7 touchdowns in 14 games. Simply put he is the best runner after the catch.

TE: Antonio Gates, SDG- As the number one receiving option in the fifth ranked scoring offense; he performed superbly, making all the catches, to have 1,100 yards receiving with 10 touchdowns.

Todd Heap, BAL- As the number two receiving option in one of the worse offenses in the league he still managed to rank fifth or better in catches (75- 3rd), yards (855- 5th), and touchdowns (7 - 2nd tied)

Tackle: Walter Jones, SEA- I could drive my truck through the holes made by him and…

Guard: Steve Hutchinson, SEA- Combined with Jones to allow Shaun Alexander to run wild.

Center: Rex Hadnot, MIA- Led the Dolphins offensive line calling out blitz pickups to allow only 26 sacks and 12th ranked rushing offense, as opposed to last season where they allowed 52 sacks and had the 31st ranked rushing offense.

Guard: Brian Waters, KC- A big factor in the Larry Johnson show.

Tackle- Willie Roaf, KC- Not only did he open up giant holes in the running game to allow Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes to accumulate insane amounts of yards and touchdowns but he provided stellar pass-blocking that was sorely missed when he sat out the Buffalo game.

Defense:

DE: Derrick Burgess, OAK- Without his league leading 16 sacks, the Raiders wouldn’t have a pass-rush.

DT: Jamal Williams, SDG- One of the best linemen on the best rush defense in the NFL.
DE: Robert Mathis, IND- He had 11.5 sacks opposite of Dwight Freeney, but he also had eight forced fumbles (led league) in eight different games. And he played in just 13 games.

OLB: Joey Porter, PIT- 10.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 4 FF, 1 FR, and 7 passes defensed. He was a playmaker on one of the better defenses.

ILB: Jonathan Vilma, NYJ- Led the league in tackles and a Middle Linebackers job is to make tackles. Helped the Jets maintain a 3.9-yard per carry to be tied for 12th in the league.

ILB: Donnie Edwards, SDG- Was second behind Vilma in solo-tackles, crucial for the middle linebacker of the leagues best rush defense.

OLB: Adalius Thomas, BAL- Officially classified as an OLB, lines up at End, Tackle, Safety, and Cornerback. Stepped up on an injury ridden Ravens defense that came to be fifth in the league. Had 80+ tackles, 9 sacks, 2 Interceptions, 4 Forced Fumbles, 3 Fumble Recoveries, 5 passes defensed, and led the league with THREE defensive touchdowns.

CB: Nathan Vasher, CHI- 108 yards from the back of the end zone and 8 interceptions on the best defense.

CB: Deltha O’Neal, CIN- Most takeaways on the team that had the most takeaways. 10 Interceptions and a fumble recovery with 18 passes defensed and 60+ tackles to help with the run.

FS: Darren Sharper, MIN- 9 Interceptions and 2 Touchdowns, reminded the NFL that the Free Safety is the one that plays the pass well.

SS: Adrian Wilson, ARZ- Had 93 solo tackles to lead all defensive backs with a record breaking 8 sacks, one of the most underrated defensive units in the league (8th).

Kicker: Neil Rackers, ARZ- Kicked the most ever.

Punter: Donnie Jones, MIA- 39.3 Net average led the league on 3rd highest amount of the kicks.

MVP: Shaun Alexander, SEA- had more or as many touchdowns as a third of the league and more rushing yards than 2/3rds of the league.

Offensive POY: See above.

Defensive POY: Champ Bailey, DEN, 8 Interceptions and 2 touchdowns. Made game changing plays in games that had to be. He changed the outcome of several games such as the game clincher against San Diego, or the TD against Dallas, or the end zone pick of Kyle Boller in a 2 point win.

Offensive ROY: Cadillac Williams, TB- had more yards rushing than most veterans.

Defensive ROY: Lofa Tatupu, SEA- Anchored a defense that had been prone to late-game collapses in years past, make an impact all season long with 113 tackles and 3 INTs and 4 sacks.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:29:27 AM
Saturday
Washington WINat Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England WIN

Sunday
Carolina at Giants WIN
Pittsburgh WINat Cincinnati

sirdizzy
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:17:11 AM
There you go the funny things I see on all pro and probowl ballots. In your opinion which team has consitently had the best offensive line in say the last ten years. This is an offensive line that is so good they could take a guy off the street and turn him into a 1000 yard rusher. They almost had 2 of those this year. A team with no stud like Alexander or Tominlson to make them look awesone yet had the #2 running game for the 4th straight year. Yet your list and the probowl list has not even one of their names on it. Matt Lepsis, Tom Nalan, Ben Hamilton. Sorry we know who has the best offensive line and they have had it for so damn long the league takes them for granted now. Davis, Gary, Anderson, Portis, Droughns, Anderson again and almost Bell. The list goes on and on and on and on. Stick Sean Alexander behind that line and I bet all 5 starters would be on your all Pode team, hell we make Ron Dayne look like a stud.

Saturday
washington
New England

Sunday
Carolina
Cincinnati

jjwr
Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:48:36 AM
Its not necessarily the lineman but the system, on the same vein but those lineman on the Seahawks and Alexander may only be a 1,200 yd back with 10TD's.

Portis & Droughns are showing its not just the line....

And on Alexander, not that I don't think he's worthy of the MVP, I just don't think he will win it. Holmes had very similar years for the Chiefs and never pulled in the award, how is what Alexander doing that much different?

Rutabaga
Jan 3rd, 2006, 08:04:17 AM
Saturday

Washington (W) at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England (W)

Sunday

Carolina at Giants (W)
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (W)

Ryan Pode
Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:06:53 AM
Alexander was about a third of Seattle's offense while Holmes was around a fifth. Holmes has the rushing title and the touchdown record. Both of those go a long way in MVP voting. I remember in '03, when Holmes had the TD record, Jamal Lewis had 2,000 yards and was OPOY and that sort of cancelled eachother out and they voted for McNair and Manning. It's been five years since there has been a Running Back and MVP, so I think he'll get it.

As far as Denver, I've seen them get bullied by an aggressive defense. I've seen the system get abused. While Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson are talented. Unlike the Denver system, these two would work anywhere.

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:56:58 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
And on Alexander, not that I don't think he's worthy of the MVP, I just don't think he will win it. Holmes had very similar years for the Chiefs and never pulled in the award, how is what Alexander doing that much different?

His team is 13-3 and they've got the #1 seed in the conference. I think that's what will end up pushing him over the top.

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:03:02 PM
Norv Turner..... YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

The hits just keep coming. And we still have a few coaches that may try to find new digs. I think there's a good chance Herm Edwards may skip over to KC. He's a defensive guy and I think that's what the Chiefs need. Plus, the Jets are going to fall apart IMO. They could be looking at 2-5 years of 5 win seasons. I think he should get out while the gettin' is good.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:21:07 PM
I would like to see Edwards in KC he would be a good fit, IMO. Not sure how compensation would work though, I don't feel comfortable giving up a #1 pick or anything like that.
As for my picks

Saturday
W Washington at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England W

Sunday
Carolina at Giants W
W Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

About Holmes really he only had one MVP type season and that was the year KC went 13-3, who won it that year? It was 2003 that happened.
Ok looked it up Manning and Mcnair tied that year. I didn't think Mcnair had that good of a season in 2003. Manning doesn't surprise me, he probably had a huge year and usually QB's get the award. This year only Brady had that kind of year and I don't think he will get it right now.

jjwr
Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:15:33 PM
While Alexander's team was 13-3 and the #1 seed don't forget their weak schedule, this was a playoff team with or without him. The difference to me is with him they are a Superbowl contender, without him another 1 and done.

8 Coaches, 1/4 of the league fired....incredible!

And Gregg Williams who was being talked about for a few jobs was just locked up for 8M over 3 years by washington...for a D cordinator.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 3rd, 2006, 08:47:38 PM
I am not sure if they would have made the playoffs without Alexander, their back up rb isn't that good and most of the WRS went down half way through the season. I think they would have finished 8-8 or something without Alexander. And those 8 coaches being fired you aren't counting Vermiel right?

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2006, 09:08:41 PM
Tice, Turner, Sherman, Capers, Haslett, Martz have been fired. I can't think of anyone else at the moment. Vermeil retired and Mooch was canned way back at Thanksgiving. That's the 8 coaching spots open now. There's an Edwards watch going on too. Geez, are there any any others that could be on the way out?

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2006, 09:52:07 PM
Who knows what the hell Parcells is going to do, but Dallas is a possible opening. I think if Marty misses the playoffs again next year he's gone. Mike Mularkey might be on the hot seat in Buffalo also.

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:05:57 PM
What about Billick? He's certainly got to be in the conversation of guys on the bubble if next year's team isn't a contending one.

Eventually Fisher will be shown the door as well. Mora in Atlanta will be on the hot seat next season if the Falcons don't turn it around in a big way.

Everyone else seems to be on solid ground, at least through next season. But we all know how quickly things can change in the NFL.

jjwr
Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:13:24 PM
I can't believe the Titans would let Fisher go but you never know.

Billick is definetly coaching for his job next year, odds are so is Mularky.

Mora is a interesting situation. What the Falcons really need to do is make sure they don't blow the Vick years. There is still 3-4 years left of Vick being a top flight Athlete and they need to use it, after that he will be slowing down and getting older and then what?

Ryan Pode
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:05:38 AM
Billick was reassured of his job a couple weeks ago. Alexander is going to win the MVP award because nobody else had the numbers and an RB is due at MVP. If he doesnt win it, it will be heresy.

Ryan Pode
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:17:07 AM
The only team to finish in both the top 10 in total offense and defense in the 2005 season is ... the Arizona Cardinals.

And they are what, 5-11?

jjwr
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:36:24 AM
Tice was reassured a few times this year too :)

That doesn't mean much, if the Ravens don't contend for the Playoffs next year he's done.

It wont' be heresy is Alexander doesn't get it, he's one of many good candidates. He's a lock for Offensive Player of the year which he deserves.

Cadalic won the Offensive Rookie of the Year with 47 of 50 votes. Heath Miller, Ronnie Brown and Logan Mankins each got a vote.

JMK
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:02:12 AM
Saturday
Washington at Tampa Bay (w)
Jacksonville at New England (w)

Sunday
Carolina (w) at Giants
Pittsburgh (w) at Cincinnati

When someone tells you that your job is safe, it pretty much means you're doomed. Wasn't Mooch given a vote of confidence a couple weeks before he was axed? I've seen it so many times where the GM or higher says that the coach is safe and isn't going anwhere, then BANG! he's out the door.

Ryan Pode
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:17:45 AM
Well.. unless I am mistaken by the phrase "Brian Billick will be returning for the 2006 season" as said by Majority owner Steve Biscotti (he owns 99%) then yes, he will be axed in the coming days.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:31:49 AM
Saturday
Washington(W) at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England(W)

Sunday
Carolina at Giants(W)
Pittsburgh(W) at Cincinnati

JMK
Jan 4th, 2006, 02:10:03 PM
He'll probably return for next season, but if they start 0-3, or just plain poorly, he's gone.

Ryan Pode
Jan 4th, 2006, 02:41:47 PM
They won't. Don't worry. Brian Billick is at his best when backed up against a wall. And he's back up against a wall. Ravens will get Jon Kitna who will lead them to win the division over Cincinatti.

JMK
Jan 4th, 2006, 02:51:26 PM
I thought you weren't worried about Boller being 'the guy'?
:lol

jjwr
Jan 4th, 2006, 03:59:11 PM
I wasn't talked about next year, he'll definetly be back but unless they are in the playoffs I think you'll have a new coach in 2007.

Ryan Pode
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:41:05 PM
Eh. Boller can be "the guy" he needs to be sat down and relearn some mechanics from a person not named David Shaw.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:04:43 PM
Billick was given a vote of confidence, but the owner also said the team had underachieved. If the team has another sub par season, he's probably gone. Frankly, if Mike Sherman can be fired, anyone can right now. (except Billick) Sherman got the Packers into the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, right? This year they get hammered by injuries and Favre gets addicted to INT's but he gets fired? It's not that I particularly liked Sherman or anything, but his record was more than solid. These days, it seems if you don't win fast, you're out the door. Playoffs and even Superbowl wins only buy you so many years of job security. Remember, Knoll, Landry, and Shula were all eventually shoved out the door. Those 3 guys had 8 Superbowl victories and around 14 conference championships to their credit but they still lost their jobs. If that can happen in the "good ol' days" then anyone can be fired after one or two bad seasons these days.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:07:57 PM
Looks like the Chiefs and Jets are in negoations about Herm Edwards. I hope that happens, as long as they don't give up the #1 pick because that is too much for any coach.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:12:52 PM
The Bucs gave up a lot more than that and it got them Gruden and a Superbowl victory. It can be worth it if you get the right guy at the right time. The Bucs needed an offensive guy to give their defense just enough help to push them over the hump and it paid off. Edwards is a defensive minded coach and that's what you guys need. Your offense may have only 1 or 2 seasons of explosiveness left. He just might be worth the cash and the picks.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:16:30 PM
I am thinking a second and third picks like they gave up for Vermeil at least that is what I am hoping for.

sirdizzy
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:44:41 PM
Well if you want to get into Tenure in the NFL the two most tenured coaches haven't won a superbowl since 1998.

Bill Cower has been the head coach of the steelers for 14 years is only 8-9 in the playoffs and hasn't taken his team to a superbowl since 1995 his fourth year as their head coach. He has no Superbowl rings although he seems to have a knack for making the afc championship game and losing it. Cower is 1-4 in the AFC championship game in 14 years.

The second most tenured coach is Mike Shanahan who is in his 11th year and hasn't posted a playoff victory in 6 straight years (I am not going to say 7 because by god they are getting one this year). In his first 4 years as a head coach he won the Super Bowl Twice, made the playoffs 3 of the 4 years, won the AFC West Twice, had a 7-1 postseason record and had zero losing seasons. Since 1998 the broncos have made the post season 4 time in 7 years, are 0-3 in those playoffs, had 1 losing season and won the AFC West only once.

No neither coach is really on the hot seat but I am starting to think a change of venue might do Cower some good and if their was a really great coach out there it might help Shanahan too. I will tell after this post season though to make that judgement, if Cower and Shanahan leave the post season again winless it'll be harder and harder to make a case for them.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:46:39 PM
I think the Chiefs took some steps at improving their defensive personnel this year. With Edwards, they can make some free agent moves and still find some solid defensive talent with later draft picks. Giving up a number 1 or a couple of number ones isn't the end of the world. Did the Raiders do much with the picks and cash they got from the Bucs? They didn't do much IMO, they're a damn mess right now and the Bucs won a Superbowl. Yeah, they had 2 bad years, but Gruden basically had to start over after he got that last run out of Dungy's team. Now they're back and I think they'll be an NFC playoff team for the next 2-4 years. I think Edwards is worth cash and picks. You guys should go for it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:56:25 PM
Well we will see how the negotations go, I do hope they get him.

sirdizzy
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:11:52 PM
I don't even know why the Jets would consider it, some cash and a few picks aren't enough to replace a really good coach. Its the reason even though guys like Cower and Shanahan have fallen on hard times at no point as their teams thought about jettisioning them. Its the reason Don Shula hung around about 10 years too long. This might be the year though to do it, there is quite a few good names on the market this year as far as coaches go but I'd want to be seriously talking to that coach before I got rid of Herm.

Oakland is the finest example of how a few picks don't compensate a top shelf coach.

jjwr
Jan 5th, 2006, 08:05:00 AM
Why keep the coach if he wants to go though? If there are even discussions that means the coach is interested so you know his mind won't be on your team if they do keep him and he's gone once his contract expires anyways. Might as well take the picks and get a coach who will be around for 3-4 more years.

Pats gave up a 1st and 3rd for Belechick and that worked out pretty well :)

JMK
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:39:31 AM
I agree. Of all people on a team the coach has to be the one to be 100% focused on the team. He's the one around the players at all time. If he's not 100% commited to the team (and Edwards having any discussion about leaving shows he's not) then the Jets would be wise to let him go.

jjwr
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:22:17 PM
And Alexander takes the MVP award. He's definetly deserving, a very split vote though. He won the award with 19 votes.

What bothers me is Manning coming in 2nd with 13 votes. WTF? Just like Favre in the mid 90's people are way too enamored with Manning. Course the guy is a great QB but as good as their defense is, with the WR's, RB's, Line, etc....its not like the guy has it hard. Great QB definetly but throw a bit of adversity at him and watch him put up those numbers.

Tiki definetly should have gotten more votes than he did(ditto with Brady). Both did more on lesser teams.

JMK
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:43:03 PM
People just LOVE stats. I can't argue with Alexander. He's been unbelievable for 2 years in a row now. Imagine he did what he's done if he was playing in the East somewhere. I agree that Brady should have beaten out Manning. Anyone with that many toys is bound to be outstanding. Brady did get the SI Sportsman of the year so I guess that has to count for something.

jjwr
Jan 5th, 2006, 01:47:37 PM
While I don't begrudge Alexander at all he has an incredible offensive line, one article said he had 15 touchdowns where he either wasn't touched or barely brushed, lots of short TD's but he also had massive yardage to go with it.

Yog
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:06:01 PM
Very deserving winner of the MVP award. I mean, seriously.. 28 TDs in the regular season?? Other candidates should not really be concidered in my opinion. This was the year of running backs, and only Tiki and Tomlinson in the early season was really a threat. It really should have been a landslide win.

WRs were out of the question. TO talked himself out of the discussion real early, and Randy Moss has been a disappointment. The other Moss, Santana was incredible for some games, but he had his ups and downs as everyone else.

Quarterbacks.. not sure why everyone is high on Brady THIS year. Vote for him some year when they are a valid candidate for winning the superbowl. All in all, I thought Manning was better (I would not vote for him though), heck even Michael Vick. However the best quarterback this season was Carson Palmer, IMO. Not sure what those guys at Sports Illustrated were smoking to pick Brady sportsman of the year.

So basically, Shaun Alexander all the way. A worthy winner!

Ryan Pode
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:11:32 PM
Vick = a running back. Not a QB.

Yog
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:14:46 PM
Well, I did not say Vick is great at passing the ball. But he is good at what he does and important to the team :)

Ryan Pode
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:17:24 PM
I'll take Kyle Boller over Vick anyday.

Yog
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:24:40 PM
When Atlanta is playing, the whole game is centering around Vick. He is easily the most important player for the Falcons. And he is just darn hard to stop. The yards rack up quick. Can you say the same about Boller? Seriously, how can you prefer Boller over Michael Vick? I know Ravens is your team, but still.. ;)

JMK
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:39:30 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
I'll take Kyle Boller over Vick anyday.

I'm assuming (and praying for your sake) that you're being sarcastic.

sirdizzy
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:48:51 PM
ummm then why was atlanta 8-8 this year. Why is it in 40 years of franchise history the falcons have never posted back to back winning seasons. Vick is easily the most overrated QB to ever play the game, I wouldn't take Boller over him but I would take half of the leagues starting QBs over him.

Problem is Vick can't run like he use to, fear of injuries and injuries occured have stopped that. So now a QB who was only good running because he can't pass the ball worth crap is limited to what he did best.

Alexander deserves the MVP, and the reason Brady is so high on everyones list is because for the first time a lot of people are seeing what he did for them in the last 4 years. When the team started to disengrate for the first time many came to realize how improtant Brady was in those 3 superbowl years to his team. Without Brady the Pats would have missed the post season finishing 7-9 or maybe 8-8 and the dolphins grabbing the east how scary is that.

Ryan Pode
Jan 5th, 2006, 02:50:26 PM
Boller at least has potential. All Vick can do is run around like a chicken with his head cut off. Boller has shown steady improvement over the last few years. By the time he is in his 5th or 6th year, he will be good.

JMK
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:03:49 PM
Hey, I never said Vick was the second coming of Elway but he's sure as hell better than Boller. In fact if you look back in this season's NFL threads you'll see me calling Vick overrated. Part of the problem with Vick is that his coaches are trying to make him something he may not be. Just let the guy play the way he can and see what happens.

But keep this in mind - in the division Vick plays in, every single defense is built to stop HIM and him alone. No one is afraid of Crumpler or Dunn if you take Vick away.

Anyway, I don't want to be labeled as a Vick apologist but I'd certainly take him over Boller any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Boller may still have some potential, but if that potential doesn't come to fruition in the next couple years, you can kiss him good bye.

Yog
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:21:14 PM
Vick is easily the most overrated QB to ever play the game, I wouldn't take Boller over him but I would take half of the leagues starting QBs over him

Ok, maybe Vick is overrated. And certainly, his stats are not the most amazing in the league either. Admittedly, Brady's +4,000 yards is spectacular concidering how much his team has been struggling. I am mostly judging Vick from the games I have seen him this year, and in those he really impressed me. Its only recently I started believing in him, and realising what the fuss was about in earlier years. With better WR's, he would do a lot better in the passing yardage department. With someone like Terrel Owens, he would probably +3,500 passing yards.

I disagree about half the league starting QBs though. One of the errors I did this year, was pick Kerry Collins relatively early in several leagues. In SWFans, I picked Collins in the 5th round. No one picked Vick until the 11'th round. Thats an example of a player being underrated.

jjwr
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:24:26 PM
I would take Vick over Boller as well. The problem with Vick is he needs the offense built around him and it doesn't seem that has been the case. He also really needs to spend the off-season learning how to throw better from the pocket.

As for Brady...Vick is better? Please....

Leading a team to the Superbowl doesn't make one the MVP, otherwise Manning would never have gotten a sniff :)

I'm a Pats fan and have seen all of their games so I'm probably a bit biased but the man is incredible, yeah he has his bad games but he has carried this team this year. Throws for over 4,000yds with no Reciever having a 1,000yd season, led the league in passes over 25yds, top 5 in TD's, rating, etc.

Any guess at the numbers he would put up playing behind that Indy Offensive line? As it is he's playing in a line which lost 3 starters and started 2 rookies for most of the year and was one of the least sacked QB's, this without being able to run a lick.

Jedieb
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:25:17 PM
You can't compare Boller and Vick. Boller will be lucky to still be in the league 3 years from now. Vick may be overrated, but he's still one of the most dynamic players in the league. And despite his record this season, he's a WINNER. Look at his record as a starter, it's well above .500. And when you consider he's done that with a franchise that's the definition of inconsistent I think it says alot. I think there are a lot of better QB's in the league, but Vick is still a solid QB.

I've been saying Alexander was the frontrunner for the MVP award for weeks. It's not a surprise. I was surprised Manning came in second. But it's not a shocker. No other QB in the league runs their offense the way he does. At times Palmer made strides in that direction, but he's still not an onfield offensive cooridinator. Manning led his team to 13-0 and did it with the league's highest passer rating. Brady was great, but his team still lost 6 games, 5 before Manning lost his FIRST. That's why he came ahead of Brady.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. And all of you that picked against the Bucs will rue the day!!!!!!!!! :shootin

Yog
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:45:42 PM
And all of you that picked against the Bucs will rue the day!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah?? Take this!!

Saturday
Washington (W) at Tampa Bay :headbash
Jacksonville at New England (W)

Sunday
Carolina at Giants (W)
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (W)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:37:43 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Ok, maybe Vick is overrated. And certainly, his stats are not the most amazing in the league either. Admittedly, Brady's +4,000 yards is spectacular concidering how much his team has been struggling. I am mostly judging Vick from the games I have seen him this year, and in those he really impressed me. Its only recently I started believing in him, and realising what the fuss was about in earlier years. With better WR's, he would do a lot better in the passing yardage department. With someone like Terrel Owens, he would probably +3,500 passing yards.

I disagree about half the league starting QBs though. One of the errors I did this year, was pick Kerry Collins relatively early in several leagues. In SWFans, I picked Collins in the 5th round. No one picked Vick until the 11'th round. Thats an example of a player being underrated.
Well that is because Vick is a horrible fantasy QB, I had him one year and started starting somebody else half way through the season.

Ryan Pode
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:26:58 AM
[i]Originally posted by jjwr [/i

I'm a Pats fan and have seen all of their games so I'm probably a bit biased but the man is incredible, yeah he has his bad games but he has carried this team this year. Throws for over 4,000yds with no Reciever having a 1,000yd season, led the league in passes over 25yds, top 5 in TD's, rating, etc.

Trent Green. How many WRs can you name that are known for their pass catching ability, not their return ability?

Just a little breakdown of a few years ago when Green had 4,000:

Green- 63.1% 4039, 24/12 92.6

His WRs and TEs drafted:
1 (13) 71, 916, 10
1 (18) 56, 853, 5
1 (21) 50, 740, 4
2 (54) 5, 35, 3
5 (153) 40, 423, 1

2,976 or 73.6% with 23 TDs

This year: Brady- 63% 4110 26/14 92.3

1 (21) 16, 235, 3
1 (32) 29, 441, 4
2 (39) 8, 57, 2
2 (45) 4, 67, 1
2 (65) 78, 998, 5
4 (114) 19, 332, 3
8 (198) 39, 466, 2
7 (253)59, 738, 2

3,267 or 79.5% with 22 TDs.

2 TDs and and 168 yards came from Matt Cassel but I am too lazy to figure out how much of who.

Brady threw 7 more times, so its not like Green threw a whole lot less. And has Green even been considered for an MVP? Nope.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:05:32 AM
Saturday
Washington at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at New England

Sunday
Carolina at Giants
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

My picks.

jjwr
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:50:12 AM
Brady threw 7 more times, so its not like Green threw a whole lot less. And has Green even been considered for an MVP? Nope.

Heard of Scott Mitchell? Throwing for 4,000yds does not make one an MVP, its all how you do it. Don't forget the running game Green has had in KC.

Ryan Pode
Jan 6th, 2006, 11:06:42 AM
Of course I've heard of Scott Mitchell. He was a Ravens QB at one point.

Ryan Pode
Jan 6th, 2006, 12:06:27 PM
Unreleated: How is Mark Clayton not even a nominee for Rookie of the Month for December/Jan?

All he had was 24 catches, 316 yards, 2 TD with 6 carries for 27 yards and a touchdown. While the Ravens went 3-2. Reggie Brown had 23 catches for 266 yards and 2 scores. Alex Smith (TE) had 17 catches for 166 yards. Talk about disrespect.

JMK
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:10:00 PM
Is it really that big of a deal? Sure it stinks but I wouldn't call it disrespect. It's just another one of those things that make you scratch your head.

JMK
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:36:46 PM
Under the agreement, the Jets will receive a fourth-round pick in the 2006 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2282716

Are the Jets nuts? Unless they were going to fire Edwards anyway, they must be out of their minds!

Ryan Pode
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:42:15 PM
I heard they were, becuase he wanted more money and a longer contract.

JMK
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:58:36 PM
Well for the Jets' sake I hope they have someone in mind that is a better coach than Edwards. 2 million a year (which is what Edwards will be making with KC I believe, double what he was getting in NY) is not the end of the world for a good coach.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2006, 02:32:13 PM
He made 2 million a year in New York and he was considered underpaid. The Chiefs probably will double that maybe triple that, they have the money. The Chiefs stole him away, although perhaps they were going to fire him. I am happy we have a great coach to replace Vermeil, and didn't have to give up a high draft pick to get him.

JMK
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:08:11 PM
My bad then. All I heard was that KC was going to double his salary.

What a steal that is - a 4th rounder. Nice coup by KC.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:20:07 PM
Yeah they gave up a second and third for Vermiel and he was retired.

jjwr
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:04:09 PM
Don't forget the Jets didn't have many options. Once they started in discussions with the Chiefs then the bridges were burned and no way he could come back. They are lucky they got anything for him as no way he was coaching them next year and they save on a contract buy-out and get a draft pick to boot.

Ryan Pode
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:37:12 PM
Jets also can use the first day pick to rebuild.

Jedieb
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:52:47 PM
The Jets completely screwed this up. The Chiefs seriously outplayed them. I think it all went downhill when the talks stalled and the Jets threatened to issue a statement saying Edwards wanted to resign. Then Edwards' agent issued a statement saying that was bogus. Now the Jets had a coach everybody knew couldn't come back. They had no bargainning power what so ever. If you can't get a 2nd or even a 3rd round pick for a coach of Edwards' caliber with 2 years left on his contract then you've really screwed up. As orgainzations go, Edwards is leaving one of the more dysfunctional ones for one of the best run teams in the league. Advantage: Edwards.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2006, 08:15:00 PM
Well part of that was Carl Petersen, the Chiefs GM, the man is probably one of the shrewdist negoating GM's in the game. He does no how to negoatiate I have to give him that. He did a heck of job to get Edwards for only a 4th rounder. Also KC has a chance of getting John Abraham from the Jets. The great pass rushing DE said yesterday that he go where ever Edwards went. He is a FA which helps. Really KC needs another pass rusher. They have Allen who is good, but nothing else.

Jedieb
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:20:28 PM
Abrahams doesn't have the most sterling reputation. Which is actually a benefit for the Chiefs. Edwards may be the coach best suited to getting the most out of him. So you might be able to pick him up for a good price and his attitude may limit the number of teams going after him.

I'm starting to think we may see 2, maybe 3 road victories this weekend. I think the Jags are going to give NE all they handle tomorrow and most of you guys already think the Redskins are going to win tomorrow. I'm not kidding myself, it's going to be tough tomorrow. Their last game was a shootout that the Bucs were lucky to win. Brunell has 8 playoff games under his belt and this is Simms first playoff start. The Cover 2 is a defense that you can run against and that's what the Redskins were doing well down the stretch. It's going to be a good game.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:24:42 PM
Is Leftwich a 100% though? Also I think the Cold weather will hurt the Jags, I think they won't have there best game in those conditions. I think the Panthers could beat the Giants, but the Panthers are so helter skelter I have no idea which team will show up.

Ryan Pode
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:31:07 AM
Hmm... NE is like 7-0 all time in a snow game. So if it isn't snowing, the Jags have a chance.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:47:39 AM
Not suppose to Snow but it is going to be cold there. Also its been a long time since NE lost a game at home in the Playoffs. I think they haven't since Bellcheck was coach. I just don't see the Jags doing it, plus I think they are a weak 12-4 team. They beat up on a lot of bad teams this year.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:11:45 AM
I don't recall the exact number but the Pats haven't lost a home playoff game since the 70's. Course most of that time they they never sniffed the playoffs :)

9-0 Under Belechick & Brady.

I do expect the Pats to win the game but I don't think it will be easy and can see the Jags winning it if they play a great game. They key for them will be forcing turnovers and getting their running game going.

And for the weekend I'm picking....

Redskins
Pats
Panthers
Steelers

sirdizzy
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:09:09 PM
The Jags are either the worst 12-4 team ever or they are going to surprise the pats in the playoffs. I could never figure them out, they lost their starting QB and never missed a beat and kept on winning but every game they play down to their competition. They beat Seattle, played Denver hard yet they struggled against teams like Houston.

The game I am looking forward to is the Cincy game because that decides who we get in the 2nd round.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 04:06:24 PM
Wow. It could already be game over, 2 rookie 'mistakes' by Tampa turns in to 14 points for the Redskins.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 04:41:56 PM
Brutal start, but if the Bucs can stop the skins on this drive they can have a chance to cut the lead to one score before the end of the half.:x

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:13:12 PM
It's a 2 TD game. It has not been pretty for the Bucs, though they did look good on that drive at the end of the first half. Bottom line though, they came away with 0 points. They're in deep trouble, Gibbs has a 12-0 playoff record when leading at halftime.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:23:29 PM
Both defenses are playing great, those two turnovers could be the game after only the half. I don't know if the Bucs can get enough offense going on their own if the Redskins don't turn the ball over.

As for tonights game, if the Pats lose then I'm cheering for a Seahawks vs Bronco's Superbowl. That should be fun and I really don't want to see Colts win.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:25:52 PM
Wowzers, Chris Simms just made a fan out of me. Gutsy call by Gruden and way to go Chris for making it count! Tampa's back in the game!

As long as it's not a Manning vs Manning Superbowl I can deal with it. I'd prefer if the Pats weren't there either, but you can't have everything, can you? ;)

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:27:53 PM
And we have a ball game!!! A 3 and out by the Bucs D and Simms drives the Bucs down the field and gets in on a bootleg. Simms had a pretty good first half. He was 16-18 towards the end of the half. On that INT his ball was tipped, so he's been very accurate so far. The Bucs have some momentum now. They've played solid D all game long and now the offense has finally translated all that moving to a big score. Let's see if we can get another quick stop....

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:31:45 PM
As for tonights game, if the Pats lose then I'm cheering for a Seahawks vs Bronco's Superbowl. That should be fun and I really don't want to see Colts win.

As long as it's not a Manning vs Manning Superbowl I can deal with it. I'd prefer if the Pats weren't there either, but you can't have everything, can you?
I think I'll have to be hospitilized if the Pats get back to the Superbowl. The most conflicted match up I could face would be a Colts/Bucs Superbowl. I'd probably still root for Tampa, but seeing Dungy finally get that trophy wouldn't bother me at all.

Damn, Portis is back in the game and the Skins have cranked out a couple of first downs. The defense needs to step up and hold them out of FG range.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:34:38 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crack
And then we call for a fair catch inside the 10. Why, why? :cry

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:43:47 PM
What on earth was that call? That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my entire life in any sport at any level. I'm surprised the Redskins didn't all drop dead of shock. What a boneheaded call.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:44:02 PM
That was a HORRIBLE call. What I think happened is that Taylor must have said something way out of line to draw the call, but the ref completely missed Pittman smaking Taylor in the face. That should have been flags for both players, or just Pittman. Man, that could end up being HUGE if the Bucs get a score out of this drive.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:45:19 PM
That was an awful call by the officials. Taylor didn't do anything.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:46:33 PM
Well they just said he spit on the guy, if that is true I guess I can see why, what a bonehead play by that Buc player.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:47:52 PM
It looks like Taylor spat in Pittman's face. Which is something the ref was in perfect position to see. Then I completely underdtand Pittman's reaction. But still, Pittman should have gotten a flag as well. But if you spit in a guy's face, you should get tossed.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:49:22 PM
Sean Taylor is a total moron. Where is the brain on this kid? It's not the first time he's gotten himself in trouble. Pittman should have been flagged too, but Taylor is just plain disgusting.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:50:59 PM
I can't say it'll bother me if the Pats don't go back but I won't be upset either :)

Heres my hope, Pats & Steelers win this weekend, next weekend the Steelers even in a loss will beat the crap out of that small & quick Indy defense making it vulnerable to either the Pats or Bronco's.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:53:55 PM
Simeon Rice is a MONSTER!!!!!! :crack

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:57:11 PM
That sack was something else. Whoever #60 was in still in between of Rice and Brunnell and he still got the sack. Unreal!

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:02:08 PM
Regardless of what happens, I think the Bucs have their QB and RB for the next 5 years on the field tonight. Man, Simms has played a great game for a young QB. Nice screen to Cadillac!

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:03:55 PM
Big 4th down........ I'd be so tempted to kick the FG, but the defense has been so good. Wow, here it comes, 4th and 1.........................

timeout. Damn it Gruden, you're killing me! :crack

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:06:02 PM
:cry

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:10:29 PM
This is really an ugly game, all defense. If the Bucs won I can't imagine the Bears vs the Bucs, it will probably be a baseball score.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:10:51 PM
If the Bucs lose this game it's going to be heartbreaking. The Bucs have played a great defensive game. This should be a tie game right now. Damn fumble recovery.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:15:41 PM
The Bucs should get one more chance, considering the way the Redskins, offense has played.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:18:41 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:22:54 PM
Wow Close call, do you challenge this?

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:23:21 PM
His knee hit the ground before he lost the ball. Should Gruden challenge and waste his last timeout?

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:24:27 PM
They're going to lose this challenge. :cry

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:25:57 PM
Probably shouldn't have challenged it because this 4th down is due or die.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:26:08 PM
The ref did a good job of explaining why his knee wasn't enough to make it a TD. Damn, here's the ballgame, 4th and 10.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:27:03 PM
Knowing the Redskins the Bucs will probably still get the ball back.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:28:02 PM
He had the TD and overthrew him. Worst pass Simms has thrown, but the kid still had a good game. The Bucs will be lucky to have 30 seconds if they get the ball back.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:29:36 PM
That was a huge break to force the Skins into 2 plays before the 2 minute warning. The Bucs may have around a minute now.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:29:50 PM
TB will get the ball back with about 1:30 left.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:30:55 PM
If the Redskins win they will end up being Road kill after the Seahawks finish with them.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:32:10 PM
I agree. A more composed team will really give it to the Redskins I think.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:34:15 PM
Horrible Punt, man the Redskins sure want to keep giving the Bucs a chance.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:34:31 PM
Wow horrible punt, this will give them a chance at least.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:34:45 PM
Game over

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:34:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry They tipped it again. Damnit.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:35:53 PM
Wow, quick INT, sorry Jedieb :(

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:35:53 PM
Are you kidding me? A magnificient opportunity to get a kicker fired and it gets picked right away. Game over, thanks for coming Chucky & Co. See you in September. :wave

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:37:33 PM
They accomplished a lot this year. They'll be back and challenging for the division again next season. And in the NFC you're always one year away from getting to the Superbowl.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:39:28 PM
The Redskins will get killed by Seattle next week. I think that game won't even be close.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:40:01 PM
That's very true, they'll be back for sure. But this year could have been so much more don't you think?

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:44:19 PM
Yeah, because it's the NFC and it's wide open. Even the Redskins could get hot and make it to the Superbowl. Seattle and Chicago are going to be interesting to watch. If either one comes out and plays a dominant game they'll show the NFC representative is for real.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:46:59 PM
Don't count on the Skins getting murdered. I don't think they will win the game but I bet it will be closer than most think.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:47:15 PM
I think Seattle is too good to lose in the NFC side. They will make it to the SB, IMO.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:52:00 PM
One thing is for sure is that no offense matches up against Seattle's. Chicago's defense may be able to neutralize it but that putzy offense of theirs isn't good for any more than 17 points which I think the Seahawks can score in their sleep.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:53:32 PM
The Seahawks should wear the Skins out next week. It might be close in the first half, but Seattle should be able to pull away and win by double digits. The Skins had less than 130 yds of offense today, pathetic. If not for that defensive TD, the Bucs would have been kicking FG's in the second half and they probably would have won by 6 or 9 pts. :cry

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:00:29 PM
Oh I don't think the Seahawks will lose but it should be a good game.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:11:18 PM
Where is Dillon?

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:13:25 PM
Brady drills the umpire right in the shoulder then gets mad at him. Where do you want him to stand? They're always in that spot! That was hilarious. :lol

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:13:36 PM
They start without him often, throw in the quicker RB first

Darn that Ref, that was a completion!

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:13:46 PM
Boy, that ref came to play some serious D!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:14:24 PM
LOL

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:19:20 PM
Shows what I know :p

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:22:58 PM
Still no Dillon, this is odd....

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:24:40 PM
yeah I am wondering why now. There is nothing wrong with him, since he wasn't on the injured list.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:29:02 PM
Maybe he's in the doghouse with Belichick somehow. I know he had a bit of an outburst at the media earlier this week, maybe that's why he hasn't been inserted yet.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:30:06 PM
That is possible he could be punishing him for a certain set amount of time.

Yog
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:40:17 PM
Dillon has had 3 rush attempts.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:40:34 PM
Very tough D, the Pats are moving the ball at least. I would feel more comfortable if the Pats could get at least 3 on the board though.

Yog
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:42:07 PM
Yeah, in previous years. Even if the Pats had a hard time scoring, they would at least get a field goal now and then.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:44:39 PM
Well the wind is a problem at that end of the field or something. Right now the Jags offense looks awful so really the Pats are ok.

Yog
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:49:49 PM
37 yards and closing in..

Yog
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:51:04 PM
Pats are surely going to score now

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:52:26 PM
Yep 7-0

Yog
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:54:46 PM
I have a feeling Pats will stay in the lead for the rest of the game.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:55:11 PM
I am having that same feeling.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:56:26 PM
3rd sack already.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:00:00 PM
What a hit.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:08:12 PM
It looks like the Jags offense just won't get going tonight, and not even because of the solid Patriot D, but because their offense just blows.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:19:52 PM
I don't know how many Jags games you guys saw this year, but this looks like a typical Jags game to me. Whenever I'd check in on them throughout the season it was always the same damn thing. Close game, offense sputters, defense keeps them in the game. Then in the 3rd or 4th quarter they get some clutch plays and pull out the win. Right now they're in FG range and there's 2 minutes to go. If they're down 7-3 or tied at 7 it'll basically be typical Jaguar football. That'll set up a good second half.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:22:15 PM
They have lost those games as well.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:24:21 PM
Wow, that nicked the upright on the way in. The Pats usually get those to bounce their way. Over a minute on the clock, which is more than enough time for Brady to get them in FG range.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:26:29 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
They have lost those games as well.

Yeah, but not many of them. This is still a 12-4 team. They won most of those games. If they're going to win tonight, it's not by a blowout or a comfortable margin. It'll be a heartstopper. There goes Brady, they're at the 50 with around 30 seconds. Big sack! That could be the end of the drive right there. That Jags defense is tough.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:27:07 PM
Still think they are overrated. They beat a lot of bad teams, especially in the last two months.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:28:56 PM
The half ends with NE blowing a sure TD. Man, there not making plays they usually make. The Pats usually rip a team apart when they blow a coverage like that.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:29:39 PM
Well they didn't have a lot of time to do much there.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:43:05 PM
They just showed the stat I was talking about. The Jags tied an NFL record by winning 6 games after trailing at halftime this season. I still expect NE to win this game, but this is typical Jags football and the Pats need to put this team out quickly. They're dangerous in the 4th quarter.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:12:02 PM
Amazing run, I think the Pats put them away with that TD.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:12:14 PM
Game over. That was unbelievable. Some of the lamest tackling I've ever seen. Like Michaels said, they went from punting, to a long TD in seconds. Goodbye Jacksonville!

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:23:58 PM
That was the final nail in the coffin. The only question now is wheter the Jags will get a charity TD or not.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:31:28 PM
Well the Jags may have been a team that wins heartstoppers, but at the end of the day, their offense, as I said earlier, blows. 1 point, last minute wins is fine in the regular season when you play a bunch of games vs lame opponents like the Titans, Niners, Browns, Texans, Cards, and Ravens, but in the playoffs a great defense alone just doesn't cut it. You need your offense to do the job, ask the Bucs today. The Bears may fall victim to the same fate next weekend. 13 points and a swarming defense can do wonders in the regular schedule, but it won't get you very far when it matters most.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:40:13 PM
Leftwhich is actiuailly slinging the ball quite well, just seems to stallwhen it matters most.

Very little Bruschi tonight though, if they want to win next week they need him back on the field.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:46:24 PM
A lot of what Madden says is a whole lot of fluff, but when he said that there would be people coming out of the woodwork saying that Garrard should have started the game or should have come in earlier (should the Jags get the pity TD)...I would like to slap those people in the face.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:50:54 PM
Agreed, he was dead on the money on that one.

Pats held them on 4th and 5! I'm hoping the 28-3 score stands, it'll be a nice statement for them.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:55:53 PM
Pats had a great second half. Also I agree with you JMK, I am not sure about the Bears, I do think the Giant/Panther winner could be a real threat to them.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:57:06 PM
McGinest just got his 4.5th sack of the night!

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:00:27 PM
That's insane. The Jags were just pathetic tonight all around. As we saw on that last sack McGinest wasn't even trying and Garrard ran right into him for a 3 year loss.

Goodbye Jags. :wave

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:02:13 PM
Yup, Pats really didn't have a great night, Brady was uncharacteristcly off, missed a lot of passes and had some dropped.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:04:12 PM
He still managed to throw for 200 yards and 3TD's though. Either the Jags were truly awful or the Patriots just seem to get the job done even if their MVP doesn't have his best outing.

Denver or Indy up next for the Pats. Both should be a good game.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:40:07 PM
Any Jags fan that thinks Leftwich shouldn't have started that game is nuts. He threw the ball well, but the Jags could not run the ball. The Pats just sat back and made plays. Right now, no one wants to play New England. If the Steelers win the Pats are off to Denver. And if there's a coach and a defense that can take advantage of a QB like Plummer it's Bellick and the Pats. Plummer is going to have to stay true to his 05 form because I think the Pats front 7 will try to stuff the run and force Plummer to beat them. Denver has an amazing running game and as talented a run blocking line as the league has ever seen. That's going to be the key to that game IMO. Will the Denver line be able to handle the Pats front 7. But, I'm already giving the Steelers the win tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:55:45 PM
Should the Pats go to Denver, I'm taking them for sure. If they go to Indy, it's going to be a 50-50 thing, depending on if the Pats have any significant injuries to report.

jjwr
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:55:54 PM
I'm hoping the Steelers will win tomorrow, not that the Bronco's will be a pushover but at least the game will be on grass and not in the fast dome. No point playing the Colts until you have to.

JMK
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:59:28 PM
Just as I thought...if you go to the Jags newsgroup, there's a fair bit of Leftwich bashing already and I'm sure there's more to come.

Bwahahahaha!!! And check this out!
http://www.jaguars.com/mb/default.aspx?f=6&m=712489&p=1

sirdizzy
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:26:42 AM
I want cincy personally, I can wait on the pats tell the AFC championship game and if they do us a favor and elliminate the colts for us thats great too. Part of me does want to play the colts this year, our dignity was robbed a little bit the last 2 years and I'd love to return the favor but I am not stupid if we can avoid the colts and stay home for our games we got a great chance at making the superbowl.

And I think Gruden blew that game a little, he should have kicked a couple of those field goals the game was close and his defense was doing its job, get the points when you can get them.

Ryan Pode
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:39:07 AM
Whoever goes to Indy first will lose.

JMK
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:49:01 AM
Why are people STILL fawning over that drop kick last week by Flutie????? There's a reason why it hasn't been done since the Second World War. It's L-A-M-E. Leave it alone already.

Ryan Pode
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:58:18 AM
I am changing my picks.

Carolina and Pittsburgh will win today.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:13:17 AM
I don't really think that Denver is afraid of the Pats. In fact, if NE has to go to Denver the Broncos are going to listen to a week of "The Champs are Back!" That should get them and their crowd fired up. Right now, I actually think Denver is better suited to beating the Pats than Indy.

ESPN just reported that the Chiefs and Edwards have gotten the contract done, 12M for 4 years. So he's tripled his salary.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 12:03:40 PM
The Drop Kick was cool! Its not like it was a great game winning play but its something we won't see again for years and years and Flutie did it, Flutie rules!!

Pats vs Bronco's would be a great game, course so would Pats vs Colts. With the way their front 7 is playing the Pats have a shot regardless of who they play.

Right now though if Dillon and their running game can't get going they won't make the SB let alone win it. Dillon only had 40yds on 17 rushes. Yes Jacksonville has a good D but they have to do better than that.

I'm already wondering if the Pats are going to look elsewhere next year or even draft a young RB to be the future.

Ryan Pode
Jan 8th, 2006, 12:16:12 PM
They have too. Rarely does a 31 year old running back bounce back from injury to being productive over a season.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 8th, 2006, 01:26:02 PM
From what I have seen, Corey Dillon wont be producing anything significant this post-season. Thats a big dagger at the system they ran last year, but the Pats have shown that they can work around it with their schedule. This is the postseason though, and even though I have a feeling they will still make it to the Championship somehow...the numbers just don't seem to add-up perfectly for an easy road.

I have a feeling that Corey Dillion will be an effective element of the offense next year, hopefully.

I think that they will definately be aiming for a draft pick. It's easier to mold a player into the format. Also, they have shown in the past that they are good with scouting, so finding a personality to match the team probably wouldn't be hard.

Also...

GO BENGALS!!

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 01:56:42 PM
17-0 and the Giants are done

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:18:33 PM
After the Peppers sack the Giants have 84 Yards of total offense and this was the 3rd highest scoring team in the league?

Ryan Pode
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:21:48 PM
The Giants offense reminds me a lot of the Ravens offense when on the road, except they are at home.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:35:36 PM
So we have 2 blowouts so far and a close but ugly game. I really don't know what to expect out of the Bengals vs Steelers, I could see the Bengals winning it 40-14 or the Steelers pounding them down 17-7, its really hard to say.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:44:57 PM
So looking ahead the Bears are going to have a heck of a tough time scoring enough points to beat the Panthers. The Seahawks should take out the Redskins.

Ryan Pode
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:46:33 PM
Chicago beat Carolina 13-3, not to long ago.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:47:03 PM
And on another note I would take any of the four potential AFC teams(either Steelers or Bengals) over any of the remaining NFC teams, kind of sad.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 02:51:38 PM
The Giants were just an embarrasment today. Shoddy tackling, Manning was all over the place. and Burress quit early in the 3rd quarter and spent the rest of the game jogging routes and pouting. Carolina played great, but the Giants put in the worst performance of the weekend. I'm still not sold on Carolina for the simple reason that I've seen this from them throughout the season. One week they look like the best team in the conference, the next they look like crap. Hopefully, this afternoon's game will give us something good to watch.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:03:28 PM
I was listening to the NFL network on my Sirius yesterday and they had a Panthers inside in and asked for a prediction for the game, he said if their A team shows up they win by 10+ if their B team shows up they lose by 3+

This is a very streaky team, if they are on they will contend for the Superbowl but can they string together 3 more great games?

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:09:17 PM
The wildcard is Seattle. Just how good are they? Is their record inflated because of weak division and conference or do they belong with the AFC big boys? If the Seahawks take care of business and make it to the Superbowl then the NFC has a legit representative. But if the Bears make it in then you've got a mediocre offense and a great defense that are going to ripe for a blowout at the hands of whoever makes it out of the AFC.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:11:37 PM
Agreed, the NFC's only real shot is the Seahawks, solid D, solid QB/WR combo and a spectacular RB. That will give them a chance against whoever the AFC throws out.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:52:35 PM
Holy crap, what a damn shame. Second play and it looks like Palmer is out for the game, probably the rest of the season. It didn't look like a dirty hit, but it's another example of why once you clinch at the end of the season you're heart is in your throat every time your QB drops back.

JMK
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:53:10 PM
Thank God we're spared the agony of a Manning vs Manning SB!

So far the rookies in the playoffs have not been particularly overwhelming. Simms was ok, though 0 TDs and 2 INTs will eventually define his game yesterday, Cadillac was not very effective and Eli was a deer in the headlights all day. Hopefully the Steelers/Bengals tilt will be a good game, we need one after all the ineptness shown so far this weekend.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:54:49 PM
Just listen to the crowd between plays. It's like the life got sucked out of it. Now the players are starting something. You know the Bengals are ticked off about what happened to Palmer.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:56:39 PM
Simms outplayed Brunell. If his receiver had made that TD catch he'd of had 1 TD, 1INT, and probably a win. I thought he played pretty well for his first playoff start. He certainly played better than Manning did today.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:33:59 PM
Manning played terrible he lost that game for them. I have no idea about Carolina, they are so inconsistent who knows what will happen with them.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:49:03 PM
Boneheaded penalties by the Steelers gave the Bengals around 7 shots at that TD. Cowher must be going insane. Palmer is out, but Kitna has been able to get the Bengals in the endzone twice. But it's still going to come down to Cincy's defense. They've got to slow the Steelers down. Pittsburgh got in the endzone on their last drive, if the Bengals can keep them from getting any points before the half they'll be sitting pretty.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:54:50 PM
In the blink of an eye the Steelers marched down the field and score a TD. There's still over minutes before the half and it looks like we have a shootout. A shootout the Bengals have to try to win without the MVP candidate QB. I think the Steelers are going to take control of this game now.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 04:55:30 PM
Yeah I think it will be a shootout too, I am favoring the Steelers only because of Palmer's injury.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:04:04 PM
I dont want to see the Steelers to win, but they clearly have some momentum heading there way with two injured players on Bengals team in a single play.

Definately annoying to see Carson go down. Changes the whole dynamics of the game, and for me doesn't even making very exciting as it would have been with Palmer in.

JMK
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:23:05 PM
I think the injury cheapens the victory for the Steelers should they win it. It really sucks that no one of the games has gone down the way it should. Granted this could still be a good game with Kitna in, but everyone really wanted to see 2 healthy AFC teams battle it out for supremacy.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:38:12 PM
Kitna is playing really well. He drove them down for that FG but that high snap cost them big. The Bengals are lucky the kicker was able to fall on it or it would have been an easy Steelers TD. Palmer has a torn ACL so he's done until training camp. There's goes Cincy's dream of a Superbowl run. Even if they get past the Steelers, there's no way they can beat Denver with Kitna under center.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:43:57 PM
TD Bettis.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:49:32 PM
I just threw my remote into a pillow.

Haha. This is getting annoying. I dont want to see the Steelers win on so many levels. It'll be more interesting next weekend if Pats play the Colts, and the fact that the Bengals are my favorite team doesn't help the Steelers in my favour either.

Kitna just got sacked! Blah.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:53:07 PM
Its tough for them without Palmer. It could very well be a different story with him in there.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:54:23 PM
Kitna looked pathetic on that series. The Bengals are reeling right now. If the Steelers get another TD here the game is over. That was an interesting defense on those last 2 plays. The Steelers rushed just 3, and then 2 on that last play. Kitna had all day and still couldn't find anyone to throw to. I'm sorry, but there's no way LeBeau would try that defense with Palmer. The Steelers just aren't afraid of Kitna right now.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:56:15 PM
Wow amazing play.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:56:47 PM
WOW, what a play!!!!!!!!!! When I was a kid we use to do that with on the street!

Lamar Starworth
Jan 8th, 2006, 05:56:54 PM
The Bengals are looking pathetic right now.

They have been embarassed on a trick play, and has been forced into a double-figure 4th quarter. This is getting worst every series.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:00:18 PM
That play is why even with Palmer the Bengals would have been hard pressed to win this game. That defense and its poor play down the stretch is why the Steelers were favored today. Right now Kitna looks clueless, but he did play well in the first half and drove them down for a FG to start the second half. The Bengals were doomed because they're HALF a team right now. Unless they face a QB that's going to throw 3 picks they have no shot in the playoffs.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:05:01 PM
The Bengals defense reminds me of KC's when they went 13-3 a few years ago.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:07:17 PM
That INT is yet another nail in the coffin. Now they'll just start pounding the ball and running down the clock. Parker just ran for 8 and the Steelers are already in FG range.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:07:37 PM
Looks like Pats vs Broncos and Steelers vs Colts

Lamar Starworth
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:08:56 PM
Well it's over now.

I see very little possibility that Bengals will make a comeback. Im turning it off. I feel cheated :( (heh). See the Bengals next year. Hopefully they can pull it out then.

All my teams are out of the playoffs. (Tampa and Bengals)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:09:26 PM
Looks that way now, man two 6 seeds win this year and the Home team right now is 1-3. Could a six seed advance to the AFC championship game? I would say pittsburgh has the better chance. I don't give the Redskins much chance to win at Seattle.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:09:57 PM
Yep, and it'll be interesting to see how much this game took out of the Steelers when they visit Indy next week. The Colts bruised them up the last time they played and they'll be rested. The Steelers are going to need a perfect game next week. I don't think they'll get it.

Jedieb
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:11:56 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Looks that way now, man two 6 seeds win this year and the Home team right now is 1-3. Could a six seed advance to the AFC championship game? I would say pittsburgh has the better chance. I don't give the Redskins much chance to win at Seattle.

The Redskins are going to be humiliated next week. I think that game is going to be a blowout. Next week is usually when the #1 and #2 seeds beat up on tired WC teams. Top seeds usually go down in the Championship game, not their first divisional match up.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:14:34 PM
Well I have seen some bye seeds come out flat. If that happens my pick for that is the Bears, they did the same thing a coupld of years ago when they had the #2 seed.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 06:19:43 PM
I also think its the 2 seeds that are the most vulnerable I think both New England and Carolina can win their games.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:07:53 PM
Heres my current grand hope....

Pats beat Bronco's. It won't be easy but they can do it.
Steelers either beat or beat up the Colts. If the Steelers manage to win somehow and the Pats win then they would host the AFC Championship at the Razor!

Lamar Starworth
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:41:32 PM
It would be sort've funny to see the Colts lose to the Steelers.
I dont see that happening, but it certainly would be funny.

jjwr
Jan 8th, 2006, 07:55:44 PM
Oh I doubt it would either but it would be funny. That would also give Cowher another chance to choke in the AFC title game :)

Palmer tore the ACL & MCL in his knee....ouch, poor guy.

Ryan Pode
Jan 8th, 2006, 08:05:30 PM
Indy will destroy the Steelers. Plain and simple. They are gonna come out gunning and make Big Ben throw and then they will eat him alive. I think Denver will surprise some people. I think they can win namely because Mistake Jake hasn't shown up. When the Ravens played the Broncos and it was 4th quarter, up by 2, game on the line, Plummer kept his poise and managed the narrow win and I think the Ravens defense is better than the Pats. So unless the pressure of being in the playoffs gets to him, Plummer and the Broncos will win.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 8th, 2006, 08:28:54 PM
I haven't exactly kept up with the Broncos the whole season, to tell the truth. However, I dont think they are prepared for a team that has the coupled defense and offense that the Pats have.

I'm sure they will come out and have a very evenly matched game, but in the end Brady will get the Broncos Defense. I've seen a few highlights through the season where the Broncos Defense on certian plays are exposed and tooled with. Even Champ Bailey had a few very bad misreads. I may be wrong, because my outlet is only Sunday CBS and ESPN, but I wouldn't be surprise to see the Pats do this to them consistantly through the game.

Especially since Tom Brady's form of throwing holds very little favoritism. Brady is a type of QB that I dont think that anyone has dismantled without his own help. Brady doesn't make those sort've self-destructive mistakes in the post-season from past viewings.

It'll be a good game is all I can say. Pats will pull it out though.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 8th, 2006, 11:39:26 PM
I think so too, I think he will beat Denver maybe on a late drive in the 4Qt.

sirdizzy
Jan 9th, 2006, 03:21:11 AM
A few things first off the game is Denver, there are few teams who are as dominant at home in december or january as the broncos. Secondly Denver matches very well with the patriots, they are a running team and a run stop team which is exactly the team the pats struggle against. The Broncos match poorly against indy who are a pass happy team and denver strong point is run defense not pass rush.

Denver can stop any weak attempt that the pats throw at them as far as running game goes, dillion is banged up and kevin faulk is a joke. This forces the patriots to throw the ball and they are a ten yard dumpoff team, you won't beat denver with the nickel and dime crap like that. Then there is the pats defense which is all about their linebackers and therte pass rush. Denver will run the ball over them.

Lastly has everyone forgot that Denver manhandled and decimated the patriots this season already. The final score was 28-20 but 14 of those points were garbage time tds after denver put this game to bed at 28-3 in the 3rd quarter. Denver put up 432 yards on them and just kicked their butts all over the field tell they put in neutral and the pats managed a couple meaningless tds.

And you can claim this was early in the season and the pats were banged up but so were we, we were without bailey most of the game and our yound cbs hadn't matured that much at that point both foxworth and williams got burned in the game.

I don't take anything away from the pats they're a scary team to face but honestly we should tear em to shreds.

jjwr
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:41:43 AM
I have nothing against the Bronco's and won't mind if they beat the Pats but Dizzy almost 100% of what your assuming about the Pats is wrong....but I'm getting ready for work so I'll provide more insights when I get to worK :)

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:44:20 AM
From what I've seen from the Pats (which is a whole lot) they can play any kind of game. I have a hard time believing Brady racked up 4,000yds passing with little dump offs and screen passes. I expect the Broncos to win simply because they're at home but I'm really torn as to whether or not I will take them. The Patriots have that 'it' that everyone needs in the playoffs. They play sound football and force you to make stupid mistakes.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:23:53 AM
I'm with dizzy here, I think people are seriously underestimating the Broncos. Offensively and defensively, the Broncos are more than a match for the Patriots, especially at home.

Broncos Offense V. Pats D
As good as the Pats rush defense was in the second half of the season (it was the best in the league), they didn't face a team like the Broncos. Bell and Anderson can easily combine to put up more than 150 yds against the Patriots. If the run is working, that makes Plummer that much more effective. Jake will be able to use play action and bootleg to take advantage of the Pats depleted secondary. The wild card is Bellick's brain. After seeing the Broncos once this season, can he make the adjustments to hold Denver at bay. Recent history has shown he can, but all streaks come to an end.

Patriots Offense V. Broncos D
Dillon is banged up and Faulk isn't the same kind of threat. But, the engine that's been powering this offense all season is Brady. What should concern the Broncos is their weak pass rush. Their run defense has been great, but they haven't done a good job of getting to the quarterback. If Brady has time, he will find the open receiver. Shanahan has to find a way to get consistent pressure on Brady. They don't have to sack him, but they have to get in his face. If they do, guys like Bailey and even Lynch may be able to come away with an INT.

I actually think the Pats would have been better off against Indy than the Broncos. Denver should be able to pull this game out and the Steelers will become their best friend if they can pull off the upset in Indy.

Yog
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:45:11 AM
I agree with Dizzy as well. This round, its just game over for the Pats. They are gonna fall with a knock down.

Ryan Pode
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:23:46 AM
The Denver Broncos should be able to move the ball effectively against the Patriots because the Pat's will be banged up from their game against Jacksonville. Let's face it, Willie McGinnest, Mike Vrabel, Chad Brown, Troy Brown, Artrell Hawkins, and Roosevelt Colvin aren't exaclty strapping young lads anymore. They will be banged up. Denver will be well rested.

The Patriots lack of youth and speed at the Linebacker position as well as their general lack of speed on their defensive line will allow Denver to continue to utilize their system with success. But, if the Patriots can hit them hard early and bully them, the Denver Broncos will quit. I've seen it a dozen times over the years, that if you push 'em around they will fold.

As for Denver's passing game, noone does it better than Rod Smith and Ashlie Lelie is a gazelle. Their experience should be able to embarrass the Patriots secondary. And Jeb Putzier will be a good force over the middle that Vrabel can cover, but then in comes the "X-factor" of Kyle Johnson, the fullback. He's had 17 catches for 5 touchdowns this season. And the more stunning fact is that he's had 3 catches for over 20 yards. He is quick. He's a difference maker because teams forget about the fullback. And then he's wideopen fifteen yards downfield and can make the catch.

The Patriots won't be able to run against Denver. Plain and simple. Tom Brady will have to resort to the short passing game to move the chains. Denver can match up with NE's speedy tight ends as well as their WRs.

I think Denver will get up two scores early and Patriots will have to play catch up all game but they won't get it done. Not at Invesco. Not in January.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:45:11 AM
Denver has lost at home before in the playoffs, Pittsburgh beat them a few years ago as I recall. So that home record really don't mean anything. I think the Patriots will win in a close game that is what I feel will happen.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:28:59 PM
Well that's really the bottom line. The Pats are wily, savvy and GOOD. You can't count them out until they're out. That's why they play the games, and that's why they've won 3 of the past 4 Superbowls. I've made my pick, and I took Denver because I think the intangibles of home field and rest will give the Broncos the edge they need to squeak this one out. But if Plummer makes one mistake, just ONE that ends up being costly, then the Pats will take it.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:40:19 PM
What scares is me about the Patriots is that they've won every game they weren't suppose to win during their run. Injuries, poor match ups, nothing has slowed them down. They're friggin' Jason. Everything tells me Denver should win but deep down I'll be stunned if NE ends up on the wrong side of the scoreboard. Frggin' Pats. :shootin

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:48:53 PM
I know, they've conditioned us to believe that they will win every game. I'm going to dunk my head in a snow bank if they lose just to make sure I'm not seeing things or not dreaming.

There's one thing we forgot in this game. While the X factor may be Belichick's brain, the Y factor is that rotten SOB Vinatieri. God only knows that if steps on the field with a chance to win the game he will nail it. And it even goes further than that. If the Broncos were up 14-0 right before halftime and Vinatieri kicks a 50 yarder in to the wind to get the Pats on the board, you know that FG will come back to bite you. Frigging Brady. Friggin Belichick. Friggin Vinatieri. Friggin Vrabel and his TD catches. Friggin Bruschi. Friggin Branch. :headbash

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:52:48 PM
Wild Card Results
jjwr 4-0
Ryan 4-0 (Ryan changed his picks early Sunday)
LD 3-1
Dizzy 3-1
Carr 3-1
JMK 3-1
Nathanial K'cansce 3-1
Jedieb 2-2
Yog 2-2
Jinn 2-2
Lamar 2-2

No one did worse than .500 and jjwr and Ryan came away with a perfect week. If you guys want these added to the season totals let me know.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:57:27 PM
Those damn Giants being shut out ruined everything!!!

sirdizzy
Jan 9th, 2006, 01:06:36 PM
Actually Carr the last time Denver lost a home playoff game was in 1996 to the Jacksonville Jaguars, the only other time they have lost a home playoff game ever was in 1984 to the pittsburgh steelers so if that was the game you were reffering to man you have a long memory because I barely remember that game and I have been a fan my entire life.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 02:06:40 PM
Boy, that Sean Taylor is a real piece of work:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2285708

I knew that he had caused all kinds of trouble in the past, but I didn't know it was that much.

Taylor was a nonstop source of trouble for the Redskins in 2004 as a rookie. After a game against Cincinnati, he was investigated for spitting at receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The NFL carefully reviewed tapes to determine whether Taylor should be fined, but they found no video evidence to support the allegation.

Taylor also faced a drunken driving charge that was later dismissed, a fine for skipping the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium and several in-season fines for uniform violations and illegal hits. He is currently awaiting trial on a felony charge of aggravated assault stemming from a June 1 confrontation near his home in Miami.

What a tool.

Ryan Pode
Jan 9th, 2006, 03:54:06 PM
You didn't know? Oh, well, I guess living in the DC area, I hear more about it. He's got so many problems. Especially with spitting.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:01:50 PM
I knew about the first paragraph of problems, but not the second.

Rutabaga
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:15:42 PM
Speaking of tools, how about Marcus Vick? :rolleyes

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 07:54:48 PM
Yep, another winner. :rolleyes
So he announces he's not returning to college after his stunt because he doesn't want to face the consequences of his actions, but what NFL team would want a head case as their QB? Isn't that the place where you least want your player to be a perp/head case? Someone will probably take a chance on him because of his name, but if I were Marcus Vick I'd thank my big brother Mike for every cent on my contract. They say these kids are college educated, but exactly how much time, and how hard do they study in school? I'm sure the majority do their work, but guys like Marcus Vick and Sean Taylor...you can't tell me that these are smart guys.

jjwr
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:08:16 PM
Sadly I'm sure most get a free ride and don't really have a clue, from high school up through college they have everything given to them and they act like it. Course not all are that bad but all it takes is a few bad apples to remind us bad some of them can be.

As for Vick, I'm sure he'll get drafted but he wasn't exactly lighting it up in College so its not like he'll be a 1st RD pick like his brother. Someone will draft him, he'll probably play in NFL Europe and ride the pine for a while.

Ryan Pode
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:12:51 PM
I could see someone moving him to WR... or trying to anyways.

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:23:40 PM
Vick could have come back to college, but not VaTech. Beemer kicked him off the team. The only choice Vick had to stay in college was to transfer. Now he not only announces he's going pro without any sign of remorse, but apparently last night he brandishes a gun at some fast food joint and today he was charged for it. Basically, this kid is a spoiled rich brat and very different from his brother. I think his brother may have been way too generous with him while he was still in high school and he obviously was too immature to handle it. He was looking at the 2nd round before today's charges. I think he'll be lucky to go in the 3rd or 4th round now.

JMK
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:35:26 PM
Yep. His stock plummeted today big time. Mike's not the brightest bulb in the pack either but at least he kept himself out of the police blogger long enough to get himself drafted and uber rich.

jjwr
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:53:26 PM
Before the gun incident I was reading 2nd day pick at best so thats 4th-7th round.