PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pick'em: Week 17 aka: Jedieb's Victory Dance!

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2005, 08:36:24 AM
Bask in the glory of my victory!!! :crack
Week 17
Saturday
Denver at San Diego
NY Giants at Oakland

Sunday Early
Miami at New England
Buffalo at NY Jets
Detroit at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Baltimore at Cleveland
Carolina at Atlanta
Arizona at Indianapolis
Cincinnati at Kansas City
Seattle at Green Bay

Sunday Late
Tennessee at Jacksonville
Houston at San Francisco
Washington at Philadelphia
Chicago at Minnesota

Sunday Night
St. Louis at Dallas

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2005, 08:44:04 AM
You should post your picks now so I can pick 6 stupid upsets and hope for the best :)

Yog
Dec 27th, 2005, 10:17:43 AM
Originally posted by jjwr
You should post your picks now so I can pick 6 stupid upsets and hope for the best :)

If you do that, you probably wont mind me snatching second place.. ;)

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2005, 11:15:13 AM
At this point 2nd place means nothing! Though if you post your picks too I'll do my best to sneak past you as well ;)

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2005, 12:50:27 PM
I will probably have my picks up by the end of the day to give everyone a pathetic chance to catch me. Fools, there's no hope!!!!!!!!! :crack

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2005, 12:58:19 PM
Week 17

Saturday
Denver at San Diego WIN
WINNY Giants at Oakland

Sunday Early
Miami at New England WIN
WIN Buffalo at NY Jets
Detroit at Pittsburgh WIN
New Orleans at Tampa Bay WIN
WIN Baltimore at Cleveland
WIN Carolina at Atlanta
Arizona at Indianapolis WIN
Cincinnati at Kansas City WIN
Seattle at Green Bay WIN

Sunday Late
Tennessee at Jacksonville WIN
Houston at San Francisco WIN
WIN Washington at Philadelphia
WIN Chicago at Minnesota
St. Louis at Dallas WIN

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2005, 01:02:04 PM
There ya go silly rabbits! Now, I'll have to go 11-5 to give anyone a chance to tie with nothing less than a perfect week. 10-6 and someone has the chance to pull off the miracle comeback.

But which games do you pick against me? (Will jjwr actually pick AGAINST the Pats?!) :evil

Do you make sure to have at least 5 or 6 different picks?

Do you need even MORE than that to cover the lousy upsets you're bound to have in there?

Try your best, it will not avail you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duel

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2005, 01:29:41 PM
Money in the Bank! I have 9 Upsets in the works. Oh yeah, its all over!

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2005, 04:51:50 PM
The Reggie Bush Bowl will feature the hapless Texans visiting the Niners. At 2-13 Houston leads the race but there are no less than 4 teams that find themselves only a game behind. It's actually possible that if the Texans win there could be FIVE teams with 3-13 records. The draft tie breaker would boil down to strength of schedule. The weaker your schedule, the lower you rank and the closer you are to Reggie Bush. From ESPN, here's how the 5 worst teams would rank:

1. Saints
2. Green Bay
3. Jets
4. Houston
5. San Francisco

So the Texans could win this weekend but find themselves dropped all the way down to the 4th pick in the draft. Any of those first 3 teams could find themselves with the first pick if they're the only 3 win team to lose their last game.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 27th, 2005, 05:44:17 PM
Saturday
W Denver at San Diego
NY Giants at Oakland w

Sunday Early
Miami at New England W
Buffalo at NY Jets W
Detroit at Pittsburgh W
New Orleans at Tampa Bay W
W Baltimore at Cleveland
Carolina at Atlanta w
w Arizona at Indianapolis
Cincinnati at Kansas City W
w Seattle at Green Bay

Sunday Late
Tennessee at Jacksonville W
Houston at San Francisco W
W Washington at Philadelphia
W Chicago at Minnesota
St. Louis at Dallas W
I might be nuts picking the Cardinals but I think the Colts mindset isn't on football right now because of Dungy's son death, and plus nobody any good probably will playing. The Cardinals will be playing to win, while the Colts are looking at as a exhibition game and they went 0-5 in those during the preseason.

Yog
Dec 27th, 2005, 06:21:56 PM
I dont see myself gaining 5, let alone 6 games on Jedieb, so I will just pick 2 upsets (Jets and the Vikings) and try to make a decent season score.

Week 17
Saturday
Denver at San Diego (W)
NY Giants (W) at Oakland

Sunday Early
Miami at New England (W)
Buffalo at NY Jets (W)
Detroit at Pittsburgh (W)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay (W)
Baltimore (W) at Cleveland
Carolina (W) at Atlanta
Arizona at Indianapolis (W)
Cincinnati at Kansas City (W)
Seattle (W) at Green Bay

Sunday Late
Tennessee at Jacksonville (W)
Houston at San Francisco (W)
Washington (W) at Philadelphia
Chicago at Minnesota (W)

Sunday Night
St. Louis at Dallas (W)

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2005, 07:21:51 PM
Looking forward to the playoffs I love these two stats about the Pats

* After holding the Jets to 40 yards rushing, the Patriots now rank fourth in rushing yards against per game (95.5). Entering their game on Nov. 13, when they were 4-4, the Patriots ranked 27th in rushing yards allowed per game (128.9).

* The Patriots now rank 17th in points allowed (20.6). When they were 4-4 on Nov. 13, the team ranked 30th (27.5).

This will really be a test against the Dolphins, I know the Pats don't have anything to prove or win in this game(except a possible higher seed) but if they can hold the Phins under 100yds that will be a good playoff tuneup.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 27th, 2005, 07:57:17 PM
Week 17

Saturday
DenverWIN at San Diego
NY Giants WINat Oakland (Giants vs. Colts super bowl was my Christmas wish!)

Sunday Early
Miami at New England WIN
Buffalo WINat NY Jets
Baltimore at ClevelandWIN
CarolinaWIN at Atlanta
Cincinnati WINat Kansas City
Seattle WINat Green Bay

Sunday Late
Houston at San FranciscoWIN
WashingtonWIN at Philadelphia
Chicago WINat Minnesota
St. Louis at Dallas WIN

and as far as the Reggie Bush Bowl - dammit the 49ers won last week! Stupid stupid stupid! Our running back wants his job next year, really bad. :)

Rutabaga
Dec 27th, 2005, 09:46:41 PM
Week 17

Saturday

Denver (W) at San Diego
NY Giants (W) at Oakland

Sunday Early

Miami at New England (W)
Buffalo (W) at NY Jets
Detroit at Pittsburgh (W)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay (W)
Baltimore at Cleveland (W)
Carolina (W) at Atlanta
Arizona at Indianapolis (W)
Cincinnati (W) at Kansas City
Seattle (W) at Green Bay

Sunday Late

Tennessee at Jacksonville (W)
Houston at San Francisco (W)
Washington (W) at Philadelphia
Chicago (W) at Minnesota

Sunday Night

St. Louis at Dallas (W)

Now, about the "Reggie Bush bowl"...Bush is a junior, right? Has he come out and said he's going to skip his senior year and go to the NFL? Or is that still up in the air?

My guess for the Super Bowl (since my Niners, Chargers, and Bills are outta the picture) is Indianapolis vs. Seattle. :)

Rutabaga
Dec 27th, 2005, 09:48:20 PM
Hey, Jedieb, have you posted the Week 16 results yet? Can't seem to find 'em yet in that thread. :)

sirdizzy
Dec 27th, 2005, 10:25:47 PM
Week 17
Saturday
Denver
NY Giants

Sunday Early
New England
NY Jets
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Baltimore
Carolina
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Seattle

Sunday Late
Jacksonville
Houston
Washington
Chicago

Sunday Night
Dallas

jjwr
Dec 28th, 2005, 07:08:25 AM
Bush has all but said he's coming out. He hasn't officially signed with an agent yet but everyone is assuming he's coming out.

JMK
Dec 28th, 2005, 08:53:58 AM
Week 17
Saturday
Denver at San Diego (w)
NY Giants (w) at Oakland

Sunday Early
Miami (w) at New England
Buffalo (w) at NY Jets
Detroit at Pittsburgh (w)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay (w)
Baltimore at Cleveland (w)
Carolina at Atlanta (w)
Arizona at Indianapolis (w)
Cincinnati at Kansas City (w)
Seattle (w) at Green Bay

Sunday Late
Tennessee at Jacksonville (w)
Houston at San Francisco (w)
Washington at Philadelphia (w)
Chicago at Minnesota (w)

Sunday Night
St. Louis at Dallas (w)

Ryan Pode
Dec 28th, 2005, 09:16:28 AM
What about LenDale White? I think he will be as succesful if not more so (bigger). Any word if he is coming out?

JMK
Dec 28th, 2005, 09:40:01 AM
Wasn't Carroll working his magic big time to at least try and keep him there?

Ryan Pode
Dec 28th, 2005, 10:19:09 AM
Brian Billick will return to Baltimore next season and thus so will Kyle Boller.

Jedieb
Dec 28th, 2005, 12:35:38 PM
Boller definitely got himself some new life with these last 2 starts. But Baltimore should still make him earn it next preseason. I think they screwed him up by handing him the job before he was ready. They need to pick up a veteran QB, even if he'll just end up being a backup, and let him and Boller duke it out during preseason.

JMK
Dec 28th, 2005, 12:58:22 PM
Luckily Baltimore played 2 crappy teams in the past 2 weeks to earn Boller some big numbers - he's still in the conversation for next year, and is definetly the favorite to be #1. But I agree with Eb, he needs someone in his rearview mirror. It's one thing to put up big numbers in nothing games, it's another thing entirely to stick with the pack, and then separate yourself from the pack. Can Boller be the guy to do that in the AFC East? That will be the toughest division in football next year. Cincy will be better, Pittsburgh should be just as good, Cleveland should start to get its act together....it all makes for a very, very difficult division.

Ryan Pode
Dec 28th, 2005, 01:18:49 PM
I'd hard call Minnesota a crappy team. Particularly against the pass, where they are tied in the league for second with 24 picks. And unlike 1st place Cincy, they didn't get half of their picks in three games.

Jedieb
Dec 28th, 2005, 01:26:22 PM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
Hey, Jedieb, have you posted the Week 16 results yet? Can't seem to find 'em yet in that thread. :)

They've been posted. I posted them before the Monday Night game was in the books because the Jets are in such a sad state.

Miami at NE
Detroit at Pittsburgh
Cincy at KC

These are 3 big games next week. If the home teams win them all then not only do the Steelers get in, but the Pats would move up to the 3rd seed. Which isn't all that great for NE. Instead of playing the Jags in the first round you'd get the red hot Steelers. Bad weather and the road may not faze the Steelers, in fact, they're probably better off with both of those. Plus, the Steelers will be looking for some post season payback after last year.

JMK
Dec 28th, 2005, 01:34:10 PM
Bah, the Vikings deserve credit for turning their season around, but look at the sad sack teams they've got in their division. They beat the Lions and Packers twice during their turnaround, as well as the Browns and Rams. Biiiiiiig deal. The only good team they beat was the Giants. Maybe I exaggerated by calling them a 'crap' team, but they're certainly not a very good team.

jjwr
Dec 28th, 2005, 02:21:47 PM
Pats can beat the Steelers, right now the Steelers play offense exactly how the Pats like it, they would shut down their running game and make Big Ben beat them which is something he hasn't been able to do.

The Chiefs scenario would worry me more if the Pats end up in the 3rd seed.

Tough call though, one way or the other the Pats will have to get through Indy to make the Superbowl so I would rather them play the Jags first round and then the Colts 2nd round. With luck if they knock off the Colts and the Bronco's lose they could host the AFC Champ game, unlikely but its a possibility.

Ryan Pode
Dec 28th, 2005, 03:28:41 PM
Because the Baltimore Raven's offense has been quite prolific this season as well. I mean hell, the 16 points in their win over the Browns, 13 over the Jets, 16 over the Steelers.Scored a whoping SIX against the Bears in a lost. Needed 16 to beat the Texans. Brian Billick almost masterminded another offensive record breaking season.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 28th, 2005, 05:35:11 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
Pats can beat the Steelers, right now the Steelers play offense exactly how the Pats like it, they would shut down their running game and make Big Ben beat them which is something he hasn't been able to do.

The Chiefs scenario would worry me more if the Pats end up in the 3rd seed.

Tough call though, one way or the other the Pats will have to get through Indy to make the Superbowl so I would rather them play the Jags first round and then the Colts 2nd round. With luck if they knock off the Colts and the Bronco's lose they could host the AFC Champ game, unlikely but its a possibility.

Actually if the Chiefs make the playoffs they won't be a threat on the Road. That has been there problem this year 3-5 on the road is not very good and really only beat one good team on the Road (Miami).

Ryan Pode
Dec 28th, 2005, 05:40:55 PM
I think NE can beat Steelers too. I think the Jags can beat the Pat's with Leftwich. The Jags just have a better vertical game with Jimmy Smith and Wilford, and Matt Jones can stretch things. Plus their running game works no matter who is in.

Jedieb
Dec 28th, 2005, 06:56:13 PM
Carr's right, the Chiefs aren't much of a threat on the road. The Steelers are much more dangerous. As for the Vikes, they made a nice run, but as soon as they faced some tough competition, they got trounced. And that victory against the Giants was a minor miracle. I'm pretty sure that was the game the Vikes got 21 pts from their defense and their special teams. I think their offense only managed a FG. I'm really curious to see how Big Ben responds to his second trip to the playoffs. Last year he struggled against the Jets and Pats. If he has a good game the Steelers can beat just about anybody. But they need their offensive and defensive lines to play the way they have in Dec. They took a damn vacation in Nov.

Rutabaga
Dec 28th, 2005, 06:58:14 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
They've been posted. I posted them before the Monday Night game was in the books because the Jets are in such a sad state.

Oops, sorry, guess I didn't look back far enough. :o

jjwr
Dec 28th, 2005, 07:38:25 PM
The thing about the Chiefs that worries me is Larry Johnson, the guy has been a monster.

The key to Big ben is to make him throw a lot, he has these gaudy stats but he hardly throws the ball. Force him to throw and he's much less effective.

The other big question for the week is should the Titans play to lose this Sunday? With the chance at Bush that #1 pick is gold. Even if they don't pick him they can trade it for lots of help.

JMK
Dec 28th, 2005, 08:09:13 PM
I think a lot of teams are playing to lose. Just think of how terrible that Houston/San Fran game is going to be. What does one more win mean to those teams at this point? Someone will finish 3-13, the other 2-14. No big deal there, but the result of that win could be the difference between getting a guy like Bush or having to make a much tougher choice.

Ryan Pode
Dec 29th, 2005, 12:21:26 AM
49ers will win. Even though they've lost so many games, they fight in each. Sure they've been blown out when put against an elite team, but they've faughten in most of the games.

jjwr
Dec 29th, 2005, 07:58:17 AM
If I was the Texans I would seriously consider packing it in, I could see them wanting to win for the fans but I'm sure most fans would rather they have the #1 pick then win a meaningless game against the 49ers.

Then you have the coaching staff which is probably done, do they want to do a favor to the team or will they try and stick it to them by winning out and costing the team?

Jedieb
Dec 29th, 2005, 09:18:48 PM
I'm heading off to Indiana for the weekend to visit the wife's family. I'll be listening to games on the radio. Yeah! :cry

jjwr
Dec 30th, 2005, 11:56:54 AM
Have fun! At least your only missing Week 17 and not one of the Playoff weeks.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2005, 06:14:07 PM
This week is like the preseason for most teams.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 30th, 2005, 10:53:50 PM
Denver(W) at San Diego
NY Giants(W) at Oakland

Miami at New England (W)
Buffalo(W) at NY Jets
Detroit at Pittsburgh(W)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay(W)
Baltimore at Cleveland(W)
Carolina(W) at Atlanta
Arizona at Indianapolis(W)
Cincinnati at Kansas City(W)
Seattle(W) at Green Bay

Tennessee at Jacksonville(W)
Houston(W) at San Francisco
Washington(W) at Philadelphia
Chicago(W) at Minnesota

St. Louis at Dallas(W)

jjwr
Dec 31st, 2005, 08:58:34 AM
Saturday
Denver at San Diego WIN
NY Giants at Oakland WIN

Sunday Early
WIN Miami at New England
WIN Buffalo at NY Jets
Baltimore at Cleveland WIN
Carolina at Atlanta WIN
Cincinnati at Kansas City WIN
WIN Seattle at Green Bay

Sunday Late
Houston at San Francisco WIN
WIN Washington at Philadelphia
Chicago at Minnesota WIN
St. Louis at Dallas WIN

Ryan Pode
Dec 31st, 2005, 10:30:33 AM
Week 17
Saturday
Denver at San Diego Win
NY Giants at Oakland Win

Sunday Early
Miami at New England Win
Buffalo Win at NY Jets
Detroit at Pittsburgh Win
New Orleans at Tampa Bay Win
Baltimore Win at Cleveland
Carolina Win at Atlanta
Arizona Win at Indianapolis
Cincinnati at Kansas City Win
Seattle Win at Green Bay

Sunday Late
Tennessee at Jacksonville Win
Houston at San Francisco Win
Washington Win at Philadelphia
Chicago at Minnesota Win

Sunday Night
St. Louis at Dallas Win

jjwr
Dec 31st, 2005, 07:27:44 PM
Totally flat game by the Chargers, the Bronco's at half strength just whooped em.

Tiki just tore off a 95yd Touchdown! Incredible run.

My Fantasy Outlook is already getting fuzzy, Rod Smith had 1 Catch for 11 yds....d'oh!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 31st, 2005, 07:52:14 PM
Gained one game on Jedieb :p And my Chiefs stayed on life support.

Ryan Pode
Jan 1st, 2006, 03:00:36 AM
If the Texans release Carr, I think Oakland should pick him up.

jjwr
Jan 1st, 2006, 01:41:00 PM
My fantasy team is getting killed, so far about my only bright spot has been Ricky Williams, need my WR's to step up and do something.

Ryan Pode
Jan 1st, 2006, 01:42:51 PM
Adalius Thomas adds to his numbers: 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery - 9 yards, TD. No pro-bowl.

sirdizzy
Jan 1st, 2006, 02:35:32 PM
I am not liking this number 13, it has been a bad number for us. Twice before have we finished with a 13-3 record and both times ended in an inagumious departure from the postseason. In 1984 we won the AFC West had a 13-3 record and a bye week and were beaten by Pittsburgh at home in the divisionals.

Then there came one of the saddest days for me as a Bronco, I cried when they lost to the Giants in 86 (I was 9 years old and it was devastating for me), I was hearbroken by that 2nd quarter against the Skins in 87 and I was numb by the time we got killed by the Niners in 89. But it was that 1996 Jacksonville game that nearly killed me. We were 13-3 we had Elway, Davis, Smith, Sharpe, McCaffrey, and Atwater and we lost 30-27 to the second year franchise Jacksonville Jaguars. Besides that Giants superbowl in 86 I don't think I have ever fealt lower as a Broncos fan.

I remember the next year we played Jax in the wild card game and we jumped up 21-0 and I was going crazy but then they scored 17 straight points. So it was 21-17 and Davis coughed up the football. They had the ball at like the 30 yard line and it seemed like we were destined to beated by the Jaguars again then their RB coughed up the football and we went on to win the game 42-17. That was a low moment too but we were 12-4 that year and a wild card team and it seemed like we had no shot at the superbowl which we eventually won.

I want a post season win, it been seven freaking years I want to go to the AFC Championship game.

sirdizzy
Jan 1st, 2006, 02:56:36 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Miami

I want NE in the #4 seed which is where they will most likely play indy in the divisionals, I do not want to have to play them and if we win the reward is to get to go play the colts in indy.

I'd love Cincy at home in the divisionals and since KC is slaughtering them I need NE to lose

jjwr
Jan 1st, 2006, 03:05:21 PM
Agreed, right now avoiding the Pats would deinfetly be better, especially with Cincy on the other side.

on the Flip side with the way Cincy is playing I could see the Steelers beating Cincy in round 1 which means the Bronco's would still have to play the Pats in round 2.

Ryan Pode
Jan 1st, 2006, 03:37:57 PM
I think Cincy was trying not to play Pittsburgh in the first round but Miami spoiled that for them.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 1st, 2006, 04:16:45 PM
Cincinnati will get killed by Pittsburgh so NE will play Denver :p So Vermeil retired, it is sad they couldn't get to the playoffs, but it was their own fault they couldn't win a game on the road when it mattered. They have Johnson to build around so who knows they could do something next season.

Jedieb
Jan 1st, 2006, 04:19:30 PM
Great finish for the Dolphins. When the hell was the last time the Dolphins went 4-0 in December? Probably '72! I think Saban has done a great job and the Dolphins have got to be excited about next year. Heard most of the Bucs game on the radio and saw the defense seal the division crown with a defensive TD. Sweeeeet. :cool

jjwr
Jan 1st, 2006, 04:59:47 PM
The Phins definetly played well, admittedly it wasn't against the Pats first string but they went out and fought and secured a winning season.

Flutie with the drop kick!

JMK
Jan 1st, 2006, 05:50:50 PM
6 game winning streak to end the season. I'm very happy with this season's result. If only they had played a good game against Cleveland who knows what would have become of the division.

JMK
Jan 1st, 2006, 06:29:45 PM
How classic is this. The contest in futility that is the Reggie Bush Bowl is now in the later stages of overtime. It's obvious that neither team really wants to win this game but couldn't they have pretended somehow to show some interest? This is just downright pathetic.

OH! There it is! The 49ers finally cave in and kick a game winning FG. So they win the game, but lose the Reggie Bush sweepstakes. Unreal. I wonder if this will be the first time in NFL history that a kicker gets the goat horns for kicking a winning field goal? :lol

Jedieb
Jan 1st, 2006, 07:34:21 PM
Bush must have been cheering like mad for the Texans. He would have ended up going for the Saints. As it is, either Young or Leinert is going to probably end up wasting the first few years of their careers playing for the Aints.

Jedieb
Jan 1st, 2006, 08:36:10 PM
The Wild Card schedule is set:

Saturday, January 7
Washington Redskins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:30 ET, ABC
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots, 8 ET, ABC

Sunday, January 8
Carolina Panthers at New York Giants, 1 ET, FOX
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals, 4:30 ET, CBS

I'll have final regular season results and winning percentages up tomorrow night. I'm slowly drifting off to a Nyquil Wonderland so tonight's out of the question. Next weekend's playoff pick thread will be up tomorrow as well.
|I

jjwr
Jan 1st, 2006, 09:13:06 PM
The question is will the Texans use the pick. Domanick Davis is a solid back and they could probably get a bounty for that pick.

JMK
Jan 1st, 2006, 09:39:56 PM
Could someone explain to me the significance of Flutie's drop-kick?
Sure it hasn't been done for 61 years, but what's the advantage? What's the point of it? It's still only one point and you still have to kickoff the ball after the fact. What gives?????? A whole lot of talking for nothing it seems.

As for the Texans...imagine what they could get for that pick? It would be crazy. But would they face too much pressure from fans and local media who tell them they MUST draft Bush. Davis is pretty good, but anyone would rather have Bush that's for sure.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 1st, 2006, 10:13:32 PM
They could trade Davis for some defensive help or another later pick. Oh and the Saints I think are picking second and they will get Leinhart for certain. They need a QB bad. I think though this coming season will be it for the Saints. I think they will move to LA and become the LA something.

Ryan Pode
Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:06:18 AM
It's just that it hasn't been done in 61 years or whatever. When the ball was bigger and more round, it was a lot easier than a placekick.

JMK
Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:54:12 AM
Here comes black monday. This sure didn't take long.
Tice - fired (this was done last night)
Sherman - fired
Martz - fired
Capers - will be fired today
Vermeil - retired yesterday

Any others to follow? Haslett maybe? Mularkey? Edwards? Will Parcells call it quits?

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:56:35 AM
Norv Turner will be next after that I don't know. Haslett I think is safe because of the mess in New Orleans that really isn't his fault. Edwards and Fisher could be fired and Parcelles might retire, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Ryan Pode
Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:05:33 PM
Jeff Fisher will stay. One because he is the one of the longest tenured coaches in the league and two his team was destroyed by the salary cap, not his fault.

Herman Edwards might get a bye because he lost his #1 and #2 QBs within a half-a-dozen snaps of eachother.

Mike Mularky could go too, he kind of blew this season. Big time.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:11:41 PM
Well the only thing about Edwards is Petersen for KC wants him for HC so if the Jets were willing they could let the Chiefs have him for compensation. If I was him I would want to leave, the Jets are in a mess because of the Pennington situation, plus it looks like they will be going into rebuilding mode.

Ryan Pode
Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:56:38 PM
Haslett is gone.

JMK
Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:41:27 PM
So how's this for a scenario.
Earlier this year (and repeatedly) Favre said he would not play for anyone else other than Mike Sherman. So will Favre keep to his word and retire? Does his statement even make retirement the only option? I'm not sure if he said if he'd play somewhere other than Green Bay, but imagine for a second that Mike Sherman is hired in New Orleans...Favre is then traded to the Saints...thereby standing by his word to only play for Sherman. Plus it's his home town, so no one would call him out on it. It's not like he could even anticipate that situation coming about.

It's all very unlikely, but I just want to be the first to come up with that theory.

Ryan Pode
Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:43:38 PM
Maybe Sherman will become the offensive line coach or special teams coordinator in Baltimore and Favre will come too...

Alas we can only wish. :(

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:07:35 PM
Week 17 Results
Yoghurt: 11-5
Jedieb: 10-6
jjwr: 10-6
JMK: 10-6
sirdizzy: 10-6
Lilaena De'Ville: 10-6
Nathanial K'cansce: 10-6
Jinn Fizz: 10-6
Jedi Master Carr: 8-8
Ryan Pode: 8-8

Regular Season Totals & Winning Percentages
Jedieb: 179-77 69.9%
Yoghurt: 175-81 68.4%
jjwr: 174-82 68.0%
Jedi Master Carr: 169-87 66.0%
JMK: 168-88 65.6%
sirdizzy: 167-89 65.2%
Lilaena De'Ville: 165-91 64.5%
Nathanial K'cansce: 160-96 62.5%
Ryan Pode: 151-104 59.2%

Jinn Fizz: 152-88 63.3%

Lance Casey: 103-57 64.4%
Figrin D'an: 101-59 63.1%
Blade Ice: 70-44 61.4%
Eldorack: 36-20 64.3%
Kale: 23-23 50.0%
Ambrose Braeden: 10-6 62.5%
Lamar Starworth: 5-11 31.3%

It's good to be the King!!!!!!!!!!!! :crack

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:11:02 PM
I really feel like crap and I'm still hitting the Nyquil pretty hard so please double check your scores. I even had myself at 9-7 before I realized I'd won 10 games. Thank you Green Bay!!! Satan won the week and was able to pick up a game on jjwr and nab second place. Second place, as in one place behind me. 4 games behind me. 1.5%pts behind me, the winner. The winner not named Yog! I'M YOUR MASTER YOU DEVIL WORSHIPPING FIEND!!! HOW DOES IT FINALLY FEEL!!!!

Man, I've been waiting YEARS for to get that out of my system. :angel

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:15:19 PM
From what I've read, Haslett wasn't fired, he and the Saints agreed on a buyout. I think he just finally had enough. I can't blame him, the Saints are a disaster and I don't see them getting better anytime soon. Haslett will be on the short list for alot of these new vacancies. I don't see Capers or Tice getting hired by anyone anytime soon. They might land some jobs as cooridinators, but I think they're off the carousel for awhile. I think Dan Reeves has an outside shot at the Houston job. I think he's only around 62 so he's still got some good years ahead of him. Plus he's from Texas so it's a good fit. I think most of these jobs are going to get filled by first timers; NFL coordinators and college coaches.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:31:52 PM
If I was KC now I would look at Haslett, he is a very good coach and might be a good fit for them. I am not too sure about Al Saunders as the HC, he is a great Offensive cordinator, but I am afraid they will have the second coming of Mike Martz.

Rutabaga
Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:43:06 PM
Hey, I didn't do all that bad :). I'll have to try this again next season.

Congratulations, Jedieb! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:40:55 PM
YAY for 7th place!! :crack

Congrats Jedieb. Or should I say, the New Satan?

jjwr
Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:43:57 PM
Considering my wacky picks for the week I didn't do too badly, alwasy next year!!

Favre to the Saints doesn't make much sense, with the #2 pick its highly unlikely they will pass on Leinart so it would be a 1 year rental at most for a team going nowhere.

If Favre wants to play somewhere next year he can easily find a team that is in playoff contention and one player away.

Lots of early talk on the major awards, my picks....

MVP - Alexander may win it but I think Brady should. Name one player who has done more with less this year?

Offensive - Alexander

Defensive - Ulacher

Offensive Rookie - I would love to see them be ballsy enough to pick one of the O-Lineman who has started all year and been solid but I doubt it'll happen so its most likely Caddilac.

Coach - Call me biased but name a coach who has done more than Belechick this year? Lost both assistants, has set a new record with 45 different starters on the year including losing various all-stars for the year for long stretches and the guy lost his father mid year.

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:56:44 AM
The only knock that can keep Brady and Belichick from winning is the fact that they play in the AFC East. If the Jets and Bills weren't so pathetic this season then I'd say it's a slam dunk.

Will Leinart be a first year starter? Or will he sit on the bench for a year and learn? If he sits then the Saints will need someone to teach him the ropes...I still think Favre to New Orleans is a possibility. If Sherman gets hired there you know it will be inevitable. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:06:04 AM
Alexander is the MVP, although I think Brady will finish second. As for coach of the year not sure on that one. Holmgren is a possibility considering they went 13-3 and nobody expected Seattle to do that. Although it is more likely that Coughlign or the Bears coach will win it.

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2006, 03:51:53 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
YAY for 7th place!! :crack

Congrats Jedieb. Or should I say, the New Satan?

:lol