PDA

View Full Version : Christmas thread!

Sudoku
Dec 23rd, 2005, 12:46:04 AM
Post your plans, your gifts, whatever. :)

This year, we're driving two hours to my mothers' new house to spend Christmas there. My mothers' house that has a slot machine and $250 worth of liquor in their den :mischief

This year, I was immensely selfish and bought myself a lot of stuff while I was buying gifts for others. I think that needs to be a new tradition for me.

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 23rd, 2005, 12:49:17 AM
First class to Indiana.

And .....

I really dont know.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2005, 12:49:17 AM
Christmas Eve service at church, then christmas morning with the hubby and cats, followed by Christmas early afternoon with my side of the family and Christmas late afternoon +dinner with his family at our house.

There will be cinnamon rolls and presents!! :D

Darth McBain
Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:16:06 AM
I'm in CT visiting my brother and his family. Some more family will be visiting as well. This will be the first Christmas where some of the kids will be old enough to kind of understand the whole Santa Claus thing, so we're all really excited. We've got "The Night Before Christmas" all queued up for Christmas eve for the kids. Then midnight mass, and then up early for the big day...

And I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone here a very happy and safe Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Life Day, Festivus, or whatever else you celebrate. See y'all next year...

JMK
Dec 23rd, 2005, 11:55:31 AM
My folks are in town from Atlanta. I'll eat with my girlfriend's family on Christmas eve and spend Christmas with my family. It'll be quieter this year than in previous years. I'm ok with that. :)

By the way, if you haven't called the Virgin Mobil line, do yourself a favor and call it. 1.888.353.7667. It's such stupid fun.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2005, 12:04:38 PM
:lol I thought you wrote that you were going to eat your girlfriend's family on Christmas Eve. >_<

JMK
Dec 23rd, 2005, 01:06:18 PM
Well with a little bit of salt, some garlic....human flesh ain't that bad.

:x

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 23rd, 2005, 01:22:10 PM
I'm writing this post from a 56k connection in Nevada. After not seeing the family for two years, it's nice to be back. Charley and I are taking lots of pictures, so I'll put those up when we get back to Alabama.

Hope ya'll have a great Christmas :)

Wyl Staedtler
Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:25:12 PM
I'm sick (:() so I'll be in bed with my cats, watching Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead and eating soup.

BUT... come February I'm going to Mexico for brothers wedding/family reunion, which our whole family has unanimously deemed "everybody's gift this year." :D

Sudoku
Dec 23rd, 2005, 09:15:57 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
:lol I thought you wrote that you were going to eat your girlfriend's family on Christmas Eve. >_<

Well, he does live in Quebec...you know how weird they can be ;)

CMJ
Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:30:26 PM
Let's see. Tommorrow I'm spending the day with my brother's girlfriend's parents. His woman has thrown a fit the last couple of years because he never spent any of the holiday with her and her family, so we're not leaving to our folks until Christmas Day.

Then we're taking the red eye to Arizona to see the parents. It used to be wierd going "home" to Arizona since I grew up in Texas, but they moved to the desert about 7 years ago now, so it seems kinda normal(though of course the homeland is still Texas).

I'll be back in the city of Angels on the 29th. I'm sure I'll post about some films or something while I'm gone.

Hope everyone has a great holiday, whichever one you celebrate! :D

Khendon Sevon
Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:39:26 PM
Christmas Eve dinner will be spent at my aunt’s house with the whole big fat Greek family. There’ll be plenty of good food and frivolity until 2 AM or so.

Christmas morning my mamma’ will make scrambled eggs and Greek breakfast sausage (mmmmmmmmm to infinity), then presents will be opened and we’ll go to my other aunt’s house for lunch. My entire Greek family will be there, too, of course.

Then, round dinner time, we’re going to a different Greek aunt’s house for moooore food.

All I know is that I won’t be able to walk, they’ll have to roll me into the car. ;) Yay for copious amounts of great Greek food.

Mu Satach
Dec 24th, 2005, 08:50:31 PM
There will be much feasting tomorrow with the fam while we proceed to destroy the livingroom and create a carnage of wrapping paper... also much christmas movie favorites will be on the agenda including a Pinky & the Brain Christmas special. >=}

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 24th, 2005, 09:00:11 PM
Family! The brother-dude is up for the weekend. So I'll be hanging with him and the rest of the family for a while.

Charley
Dec 27th, 2005, 07:33:16 PM
We're back from Nevada ^_^; I had such a great time. Christin's family is easily one of the nicest families ever.