PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pick'em: Week 16 !SAT & SUN GAMES!

Jedieb
Dec 20th, 2005, 08:56:35 PM
Fow what little good it will do, you can post your Saturday picks in one post and the rest in another, but it would be easier if you did them all at once. Whatever you do, make sure your picks are in before game time. I don't want to hear any excuses about why I've dominated everyone. :evil

Week 17
Saturday Early
NY Giants at Washington
Dallas at Carolina
Atlanta at Tampa Bay
San Francisco at St. Louis
Tennessee at Miami
Detroit at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cincinnati
Jacksonville at Houston
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
San Diego at Kansas City

Saturday Late
Philadelphia at Arizona
Indianapolis at Seattle
Oakland at Denver

Sunday
Chicago at Green Bay
Minnesota at Baltimore

Monday Night
New England at NY Jets

jjwr
Dec 20th, 2005, 09:54:53 PM
Lots of debate starting up on the MVP race, I'm figuring these are the front runners.

Tiki Barber
Shaun Alexander
Carson Palmer
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

I honestly don't feel Manning should get as many votes as he probably will with another potential MVP player on the roster it makes it tough to consider him for the award.

Tiki is an intriguing choice, the guy has been a monster so far. The Bolts just aren't doing enough to get LT any serious consideration.

Jedieb
Dec 20th, 2005, 10:02:24 PM
I think it will be Alexander. I think he's going to set the TD mark and that, plus Seattle being the #1 NFC seed will probably seal the deal. He won't run away with the award, but he'll win it.

Yog
Dec 21st, 2005, 01:01:03 AM
Shaun Alexander seems like a worthy winner. He has been consistantly great the whole season. Here are his stats so far:

1668 yards, 119.1 yards per game, 24 TDs

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:25:40 AM
What will hurt Alexander is the lack of media attention, for a 12-2 team they are hardly getting any press.

A fun note, I was looking at the legit candidates and all of the leaders have at least 2 Legit pro-bowlers playing with them on offense except one...hmmm...wonder who is carrying the biggest load? :)

JMK
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:49:48 AM
Alexander should win hands down. 24 TDs? Are you kidding me? That's insane.

I agree with jjwr, as much as it may hurt me. I think Brady is a more worthy MVP candidate than Manning, but it's close.

Ryan Pode
Dec 21st, 2005, 08:46:34 AM
I think it will come down to Alexander and Tiki Barber. Barber gets a ton of press and he's got great numbers, but Alexander will threaten the record (depends how much he plays the last two weeks).

Defensive Player of the Year will come down to:

Nathan Vasher, CB Bears
Brian Urlacher, MLB Bears
Dwight Freeny, DE Colts
Champ Bailey, CB Broncos
Dealtha O'Neil, CB Bengals

If the Ravens had a better record I'd throw in Adalius Thomas. He's been the biggest playmaker on their defense this season as he's got over 70 tackles, 7 sacks, 2 INTs (1 for a TD), 3 FF, 2 FR (1 Td), and 5 passes defensed. Not to mention he is 6'2, 270. He lines up at DT, DE, LB, Safety, and CB.

Out of the five I listed, I think Vasher will have the best shot to get it, he has the most game changing plays, which is basically how they get it.

Jedieb
Dec 21st, 2005, 08:59:49 AM
The defensive MVP will probably go to Urlacher. You can never underestimate the "sexy" factor of playing MLB for the Chicago Bears. And he's got monster numbers to back it up as well.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2005, 09:13:56 AM
It's either Vasher or Urlacher...or they could cannibalize each other's votes and it goes to Mr. Freeney for the vastly improved Colts defense.

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:23:14 AM
Probably Urlacher or Freeney. Urlacher is finally living up to all of the Hype and pro-bowls he's been given.

I would have no problem with Tiki or Alexander getting it but I just don't think either will, something about the landscape tells me they will focus on a QB again. Even when Holmes had his monster years he wasn't MVP. Even 2 of Faulk's monster years were lost to Warner being MVP.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:52:19 AM
I think Barber is eliminated from the MVP discussion. You can't give it to him when Alexander is leading his team to the conference title and poised to set the TD record. 24TDs vs 8TDs makes it a no-brainer. As good as Tiki has been, a 3-1 ratio puts Alexander WAY over the top. I hope the old school voters can get away from their QB for MVP only mentality for once. If they're going to give it to a QB, it has to be Brady.

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:01:31 AM
Don't forget the Seahawks were a playoff team last year and loaded with some pretty solid offensive talent. The Giants went from 6-10 to a current 10-4 with a 2nd year QB. This team really is being carried by Tiki.

The TD's are nice but he's scored a lot of TD's in blowouts so that can't be the measure of the race. Tiki pretty much carried the Giants this past weekend as he has all year.

Ryan Pode
Dec 21st, 2005, 12:24:59 PM
I think that Tiki should get it because where would the team be without him. That is how I have always answered the MVP question. I was a staunch believer that Vick should have had it last year. While Offensive player of the year goes to the person with monster numbers. I do think that Holmes did get robbed when he had 27 TDs. Neither McNair nor Manning were on the same level as him but Jamal I think was right in getting the OPOTY.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2005, 01:02:18 PM
No love for Jake Plummer here...is he deserving?

Ryan Pode
Dec 21st, 2005, 01:27:06 PM
Not really. Bronco's rely on good defense and a running/screen offense. Just because he doesn't screw up doesn't mean he should be MVP. By that line-of-thought shouldn't Trent Dilfer have been MVP in 2000?

Ryan Pode
Dec 21st, 2005, 01:33:58 PM
Talk about robbed at the pro-bowl. Talk about dumb voting in the pro-bowl. John Ogden made it for the Ravens, Ed Reed as an alternate same with Todd Heap. I wouldn't have sent Reed or Ogden myself, hell, I didn't even vote for Ogden. I am angered Heap and Thomas didnt get it. ARRRR!!!

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 21st, 2005, 01:39:25 PM
Heap didn't get in? He's one of the better Tight Ends out there. But with Gonzo and Gates out there in the same conference...

NY Giants(W) at Washington
Dallas at Carolina(W)
Atlanta at Tampa Bay(W)
San Francisco at St. Louis(W)
Tennessee at Miami(W)
Detroit(W) at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cincinnati(W)
Jacksonville(W) at Houston
Pittsburgh(W) at Cleveland
San Diego at Kansas City(W)

Philadelphia(W) at Arizona
Indianapolis at Seattle(W)
Oakland at Denver(W)

Chicago(W) at Green Bay
Minnesota(W) at Baltimore

New England (W) at NY Jets

JMK
Dec 21st, 2005, 02:23:51 PM
Saturday Early
NY Giants (w) at Washington
Dallas at Carolina (w)
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (w)
San Francisco at St. Louis (w)
Tennessee at Miami (w)
Detroit (w) at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cincinnati (w)
Jacksonville (w) at Houston
Pittsburgh (w) at Cleveland
San Diego (w) at Kansas City

Saturday Late
Philadelphia (w) at Arizona
Indianapolis at Seattle (w)
Oakland at Denver (w)

Sunday
Chicago (w) at Green Bay
Minnesota at Baltimore (w)

Monday Night
New England (w) at NY Jets

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 02:29:32 PM
The problem with the pro-bowl is a lot of players get in on reputation when they don't deserve it. Ed Reed & Ogden this year. Urlacher, Lewis, Arrington, etc, etc, etc.

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 02:30:46 PM
And to add to that, I bet the Colts will pull in a ton of Pro-Bowlers this year. Most likely various good but fringe players will go in on reputation alone while more deserving players sit at home.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2005, 02:40:41 PM
It's like that every year. Next year's pro bowl will feature players that deserved to go this year. It's like that in almost all sports.

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:12:26 PM
They announced some of the names, Colts send 7, Chargers send 6.

Pats send 2, Brady who is deserving and Seymour who is questionable. While he's a great talent he missed a number of games which I thought would keep him out. I was really hoping their punter would make it as he has been dominating as well Vrabel.

Ryan Pode
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:28:43 PM
Tony Gonzalez sucked this year. ARGH. If Ravens had a better record...

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:49:57 PM
Record doesn't always do it, past two years when the Pats were 14-2 they sent a combined 6 to the Pro Bowl and a few of those were injury replacements.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:57:24 PM
That's how the Pats got the nickname being the best 'team' out there. No stars, just good solid team play.

Ryan Pode
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:57:44 PM
Patriots couldn't send a lot of pro-bowlers because all their players would get hurt and some one else would come in and play the same. Sometimes I wish pro-bowl voting didn't occur until after the season.

sirdizzy
Dec 21st, 2005, 06:34:09 PM
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati
Carolina
Detroit
Jacksonville
Washington
Pittsburgh
Kansas City
St. Louis
Miami
Philadelphia
Seattle
Denver
Chicago
Minnesota
New England

CMJ
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:15:04 PM
Brian Waters of NT makes his second Pro Bowl. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:21:01 PM
Yeah I saw that, he is the best guy on the line, IMO.

Rutabaga
Dec 21st, 2005, 08:33:07 PM
Week 17

Saturday Early

NY Giants at Washington (W)
Dallas at Carolina (W)
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (W)
San Francisco at St. Louis (W)
Tennessee at Miami (W)
Detroit (W) at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cincinnati (W)
Jacksonville (W) at Houston
Pittsburgh (W) at Cleveland
San Diego (W) at Kansas City

Saturday Late

Philadelphia (W) at Arizona
Indianapolis (W) at Seattle
Oakland at Denver (W)

Sunday

Chicago (W) at Green Bay
Minnesota (W) at Baltimore

Monday Night

CMJ
Dec 21st, 2005, 08:34:21 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah I saw that, he is the best guy on the line, IMO.

Hey, I gotta agree.

NT represent!

;)

JMK
Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:02:38 AM
What a shocker:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2268593

Tony Dungy's 18 year old son was found dead in a Tampa suburb this morning. Wow. Condolenses to his family. Not the right time of the year for something like that to happen (not that there's every a good time for that to happen).

Jedieb
Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:49:17 AM
I just saw that and was about to post about it. I actually had tears come to my eyes. I don't care what anybody thinks about Dungy's coaching abilitites, he's one of the classiest guys in all of sports. I've followed his career for years. This is just heartbreaking. His son was attending my old stomping grounds at USF. My condolences to Tony, his wife, and surviving children.

JMK
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:38:22 AM
It really is a terrible, heartbreaking story. You're right, Dungy is one of the classiest guys around in any sport. A lot of guys could learn a thing or ten from him. For this to happen to him now, considering the holiday season is here, and for him as a football coach - and the expectations for his team (which he could probably care less about right now) is just plain unfair.

Rutabaga
Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:23:50 PM
Heartbreaking is definitely the word. This is an absolute tragedy, made all the more horrific by the knowledge that they now believe it was a suicide. This moment in Tony Dungy's life personifies the classic opening line of A Tale of Two Cities..."It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

What a horrible, horrible tragedy. I shall add the Dungy family to my prayers tonight, hoping that they find peace and consolation at such a horrible time. I'm so, so sorry to hear this news.... :( :( :(

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:04:46 PM
NY Giants at Washington W
Dallas at Carolina W
Atlanta at Tampa Bay W
San Francisco at St. Louis W
Tennessee at Miami W
Detroit at New Orleans W
Buffalo at Cincinnati W
W Jacksonville at Houston
W Pittsburgh at Cleveland
San Diego at Kansas City W

Saturday Late
W Philadelphia at Arizona
Indianapolis at Seattle W
Oakland at Denver W

Sunday
W Chicago at Green Bay
W Minnesota at Baltimore

Monday Night
W New England at NY Jets

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:07:40 PM
Very sad about Dungy's son :(

CMJ
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:00:54 PM
I can't even begin to say how sad I am for Coach Dungy. Like Eb, I felt like crying. He's truly a class act. No parent deserves to lose their child so young, and why does it always seem to happen to the best people??

Stay strong Tony. And don't hurry back....I don't think anyone in Indy cares about the playoffs right now.

JMK
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:12:07 PM
ESPN radio says it looks like an apparent suicide. Awful stuff. What the hell could be so bad?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:25:05 PM
Saturday Early
NY Giants at WashingtonWIN
DallasWIN at Carolina
Atlanta at Tampa Bay WIN
San Francisco at St. Louis WIN
Tennessee at Miami WIN
Detroit WIN at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cincinnati WIN
Jacksonville WINat Houston
Pittsburgh WIN at Cleveland
San Diego WINat Kansas City

Saturday Late
Philadelphia WIN at Arizona
Indianapolis at Seattle WIN
Oakland at Denver WIN

Sunday
ChicagoWIN at Green Bay
Minnesota WINat Baltimore

Monday Night
New England WIN at NY Jets

Very sad about Coach Dungy's son. :(

jjwr
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:45:45 PM
Very horrible. If there is a bright side at least the Colts have clinched and have no meaningfull games for 3 weeks. Now Dungy can focus on his family and not worry about his obligation to the team.

Rutabaga
Dec 23rd, 2005, 08:12:36 AM
Here's an article I saw at MSNBC that I thought was very moving and worth sharing:

Despite horrible loss, Dungy will soldier on
But even a Super Bowl victory will fail to ease Indianapolis coach's pain

COMMENTARY
By Mike Celizic
NBCSports.com contributor

A day ago, if someone told you that you could have Tony Dungy's life, you'd probably have taken it.

Dungy was enjoying one of the best years imaginable. The job he had worked so hard at all of his life was providing rewards that few of us ever experience. He had five wonderful children and a loving wife to whom, by all accounts, he was very devoted. Money would never be a problem. In a business and profession in which few escape criticism, jealousy and envy, he was as universally admired as it is possible to be.

But you don't want to be him now. Only one thing has changed, but it is enough to turn the greatest of years into the worst.

Early Thursday morning, he got the call that every parent dreads. It was from Tampa, where his second son, James, was attending college. James had been found dead. Police said it appeared he took his own life. An autopsy will pinpoint the cause of death.

Anyone who has children and a shred of empathy aches for Dungy. It is said there's nothing worse than burying your own child; it's supposed to work the other way around. But some deaths can at least be rationalized and dealt with. A son or daughter who gets killed in combat was fighting for his or her country. An accidental death was horrible bad luck. Disease, at least, frequently gives advanced warning and a chance to prepare emotionally.

Suicide offers no consolations. Inevitably, the person who suffered the loss almost immediately must wonder what he or she did wrong in raising a child who would fall into such despair as to take his own life just when it is really beginning.

By all accounts, Dungy did nothing wrong. Football coaches can be so wrapped up in their jobs they couldn't pick their own kids out of a line-up. Dungy, reports say, wasn't that way. He is a presence in his home and actively involved in trying to raise children who would become good and well-educated citizens.

James sometimes traveled with the team and stood on the sidelines during games. But he had to earn that privilege by getting good grades in school. That was Dungy teaching his kids about the importance of school and the reality that, in life, hard work is rewarded.

He was a tall and good-looking young man, quiet and respectful, a good student. As always when such things happen, everyone who knew him is trying to determine whether there was a sign of depression that they missed.

How does Tony Dungy go back, as he will, to coaching football? How does he convince himself that winning the Super Bowl can bring anything into his life to make it better?

A day ago, winning the Super Bowl was his biggest goal, the holy grail that every coach dreams about, the trophy that validates all the effort and endless hours he has poured into a profession as demanding and unforgiving as any. A day ago, he may already have thought about having his older children on the sidelines during the Super Bowl, if he could only get there. He may have indulged a brief fantasy of the joy there would be in having family right there to share the triumphant moment.

I have no doubt he'd trade every victory in his career to have his son back. I am sure he'd trade the Super Bowl for James' life, no questions asked.

Dungy will soldier on. He understands that the dream of a championship is shared by a team and an organization and fans, that it is not his solitary quest at stake but that of millions of people. He is a man who believes in responsibility, and he still has the responsibility to his team to help lead them as far as their will and talent can take them.

But if the Colts win, it will be their triumph, not his. Early Thursday morning, he suffered the loss that can't be explained away by saying the other team just outplayed you. He suffered the loss from which there is no recovery. There is nothing in the game plan he can go back and fix. There is no next game, no next season, just a void where once there was a beloved child.

No victory can take away Tony Dungy's pain. No triumph can substitute for his loss. I doubt if anyone will even take away a lesson from this. It may have made sense to James at the moment of his decision, but it remains senseless, the worst loss of all.

I wouldn't want to be Tony Dungy. And, where once I would have wished him a victory in the Super Bowl, now I wish him and his family the strength to carry on.

Ryan Pode
Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:40:02 AM
:( Absolutely terrible.

Ryan Pode
Dec 23rd, 2005, 06:54:22 PM
Week 17
Saturday Early
NY Giants at Washington Win
Dallas at Carolina Win
Atlanta at Tampa Bay Win
San Francisco at St. Louis Win
Tennessee at Miami Win
Detroit at New Orleans Win
Buffalo at Cincinnati Win
Jacksonville at Houston Win
Pittsburgh Win at Cleveland
San Diego Win at Kansas City

Saturday Late
Philadelphia at Arizona Win
Indianapolis at Seattle Win
Oakland at Denver Win

Sunday
Chicago at Green Bay Win
Minnesota at Baltimore Win

Monday Night
New England Win at NYJ

Yog
Dec 24th, 2005, 03:30:10 AM
What a horrible tragedy :(

Yog
Dec 24th, 2005, 03:30:29 AM
Week 17
Saturday Early
NY Giants at Washington (W)
Dallas at Carolina (W)
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (W)
San Francisco at St. Louis (W)
Tennessee at Miami (W)
Detroit at New Orleans (W)
Buffalo at Cincinnati (W)
Jacksonville (W) at Houston
Pittsburgh (W) at Cleveland
San Diego (W) at Kansas City

Saturday Late
Philadelphia (W) at Arizona
Indianapolis (W) at Seattle
Oakland at Denver (W)

Sunday
Chicago (W) at Green Bay
Minnesota at Baltimore (W)

Monday Night

jjwr
Dec 24th, 2005, 07:40:03 AM
Week 17
Saturday Early
NY Giants at Washington(W)
Dallas(W) at Carolina
Atlanta at Tampa Bay(W)
San Francisco at St. Louis(W)
Tennessee at Miami(W)
Detroit at New Orleans(W)
Buffalo at Cincinnati(W)
Jacksonville at Houston(W)
Pittsburgh(W) at Cleveland
San Diego at Kansas City(W)

Saturday Late
Philadelphia at Arizona(W)
Indianapolis at Seattle(W)
Oakland at Denver(W)

Sunday
Chicago(W) at Green Bay
Minnesota(W) at Baltimore

Monday Night
New England(W) at NY Jets

Jedieb
Dec 24th, 2005, 08:30:08 AM
Week 16
Saturday Early
NY Giants at Washington WIN
Dallas at Carolina WIN
Atlanta at Tampa Bay WIN
San Francisco at St. Louis WIN
Tennessee at Miami WIN
Detroit at New Orleans WIN
Buffalo at Cincinnati WIN
WIN Jacksonville at Houston
WIN Pittsburgh at Cleveland
San Diego at Kansas City WIN

Saturday Late
WIN Philadelphia at Arizona
Indianapolis at Seattle WIN
Oakland at Denver WIN

Sunday
WIN Chicago at Green Bay
Minnesota at Baltimore WIN

Monday Night
WIN New England at NY Jets

Jedieb
Dec 24th, 2005, 08:35:14 AM
As much as I would like to pick an inspired Colts team I don't think the Colts will play more than a half of football. The Seahawks are at home. One win and they clinch HF throughout the playoffs. Corey Simon is back in Indy so Seattle should be able to run effectively. Marvin Harrison is also back in Indy so that's one less option on offense. Manning and Edge are unlikely to play deep into the second half, if they play at all. I expect the Colts to have an early lead, but the Seahawks will play their starters all game long and pull the game out in the second half.

JMK
Dec 24th, 2005, 11:00:14 AM
If the Colts lose this one, I would expect that they come out and absolutely tear the Cardinals apart next week in 3 quarters. Then they'll use the bye week as their rest. They will want to tune up before their first playoff game.

Rutabaga
Dec 24th, 2005, 11:17:26 AM
At first, I have to admit to thinking about changing my pick for the Indy-Seattle game today...Indy might be distracted and their minds might not be fully in the game. But I've decided to leave my pick as is, because you never know. But I won't be surprised if they lose this week.

Jedieb
Dec 24th, 2005, 12:00:02 PM
Originally posted by JMK
If the Colts lose this one, I would expect that they come out and absolutely tear the Cardinals apart next week in 3 quarters. Then they'll use the bye week as their rest. They will want to tune up before their first playoff game.

Even in that game, Manning, Edge, Harrsion, Simon, and other key starters will probably see less than a half of football. But I expect the Colts backups will still be able to beat up on the Cardinals. It's just nothing but "let's hope no one gets hurt" football for the Colts from here on out. Seattle will do the same thing next week if they win today. I don't even think they'd let Alexander go for the TD record.

sirdizzy
Dec 24th, 2005, 01:31:07 PM
well then he'll just have to get it today

sirdizzy
Dec 24th, 2005, 07:06:07 PM
LOL nhow prophetic was that

Big day for football, Atlanta and San Diego found themselves eliminated with loses and the Jaguars found a way in with a win

Denver locks up their division and #2 seed and will play their first home playoff game at their new stadium ever on the 14th or 15th of january

Seattle finds the #1 seed, the Bucs crawl into the division lead once more and the #3 seed temporarily.

Washington wins an enormous game as they have all the tie breakers so a win next week guarntees them a playoff spot.

There will be a lot of teams taking rest before the post season next week, the top 4 seeds are all locked into their possitions Indy. Denver, Cincy and NE so none of them will likely by playing all their starters. Bears could lock up the #2 seed with a win and Seattle is locked in.

Going to have to watch the Cincy/KC game next week and the Pitts/Detroit game as that looks to be the most interesting of matchups next saturday.

jjwr
Dec 24th, 2005, 09:29:09 PM
Gained 1 on jedieb so far, come on Minnesota!

Some nice upsets today, great win by the Cowboys, very unexpected win by the 49ers.

big win by the Chiefs, bye bye Chargers!

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 12:48:18 AM
yay Kyle Boller.

Yog
Dec 26th, 2005, 07:10:03 AM
Bah, back to 5 games after the leader and only one week to go? Seems impossible. It was a good fight, but I concede you won this year, Jedieb. Congrats :)

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:15:42 PM
Yup, I made some off picks this week in hopes of cutting it down to 2-3 by next week but didn't quite work out.

Good job Jedieb!

On the Fantasy front figures I score 111 which is 3rd highest and the guy I'm playing has dropped 119. I really need the Jets to go to Jolly early and often and the Pats D to rack up some nice numbers to pull it out.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 03:22:48 PM
I think you can win. I also think I can lose with a 34 point lead as they have Brady, Viniteri, Houston, and Coles. :(

Yog
Dec 26th, 2005, 03:24:08 PM
If you think that is bad, imagine losing a trophy by one freaking point. Thats what happened to me in one of the leagues..

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 26th, 2005, 04:51:54 PM
It'll be close, Ryan. That's for sure. Just be thankful I sat Wilford and not Bryant. Else I would have had another 17 pt receiver. >_<

And that's rough, Yog. :(

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 04:59:41 PM
Bah, back to 5 games after the leader and only one week to go? Seems impossible. It was a good fight, but I concede you won this year, Jedieb. Congrats
This ladies and gentlemen, may very well become my sig until the 06 season starts. ;)

I'm going to post this week's results in a few minutes. We all picked the Pats and if there's a huge upset adjusting the scores will be pretty simple to adjust. I hope everyone had a fantastic X-Mas. I know mine was excellent.:angel

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:08:37 PM
Week 16 Results
Jedieb: 11-5
jjwr: 11-5
JMK: 11-5
sirdizzy: 11-5
Lilaena De'Ville: 11-5
Nathanial K'cansce: 10-6
Jedi Master Carr: 10-6
Yoghurt: 9-7
Jinn Fizz: 9-7
Ryan Pode: 9-7

Updated Season Totals
Jedieb: 169-71
Yoghurt: 164-76
jjwr: 164-76
Jedi Master Carr: 161-79
JMK: 158-82
sirdizzy: 157-83
Lilaena De'Ville: 155-85
Nathanial K'cansce: 150-90
Ryan Pode: 143-96

Jinn Fizz: 142-82

Lance Casey: 103-57
Figrin D'an: 101-59
Blade Ice: 70-44
Eldorack: 36-20
Kale: 23-23
Ambrose Braeden: 10-6
Lamar Starworth: 5-11

Please check your results. If you find any mistakes send me a PM or make a quick post.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:53:50 PM
I sat Gore. He was 16 points. What happens if a playoff game ends in a tie?

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 26th, 2005, 06:00:51 PM
Yahoo breaks?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 26th, 2005, 06:05:17 PM
woohoo I'm only 13 games out of first place!

It's really sad that I can pick an average of 10-6 and be third to last :cry

Yog
Dec 26th, 2005, 06:18:26 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
This ladies and gentlemen, may very well become my sig until the 06 season starts. ;)

The Force is strong with you! You have not yet realised your importance. If you play nice, you may join me as my evil apprentice. Join me, and we can rule SWFans together.. imagine the malice and power! :evil

Yog
Dec 26th, 2005, 06:37:44 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
I sat Gore. He was 16 points. What happens if a playoff game ends in a tie?

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/frules/frules-16.html

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:
Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.

1. Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.
2. Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s).
3. Most fantasy points by starting defensive team(s).
4. Most fantasy points by starting defensive player(s).
5. Most fantasy points by starting defensive back(s).
6. Most fantasy points by starting defensive linemen.
7. Most fantasy points by starting wide receiver(s).
8. Most fantasy points by starting running back(s).
9. Most fantasy points by starting tight end(s).
10. Most fantasy points by starting kicker(s).
11. Random "coin flip".

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 06:57:27 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
The Force is strong with you! You have not yet realised your importance. If you play nice, you may join me as my evil apprentice. Join me, and we can rule SWFans together.. imagine the malice and power! :evil

:lol

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 26th, 2005, 07:43:29 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/frules/frules-16.html

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:
Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.

1. Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.
2. Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s).
3. Most fantasy points by starting defensive team(s).
4. Most fantasy points by starting defensive player(s).
5. Most fantasy points by starting defensive back(s).
6. Most fantasy points by starting defensive linemen.
7. Most fantasy points by starting wide receiver(s).
8. Most fantasy points by starting running back(s).
9. Most fantasy points by starting tight end(s).
10. Most fantasy points by starting kicker(s).
11. Random "coin flip".

Can't they just do the season's head to head games and the one who had the best head to head record against each other goes on? Cause that'd be sweet. :cool

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 07:44:15 PM
I had Lee Evans and sat him, had I played him I probably would have won hands down but as it is I'm sweating it out.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:22:17 PM
Lets run the ball 9 times with effectiveness, throw twice with some effectiveness then on the goaline, the ONE YARD LINE, throw the effing ball. LAME. I hate you Tom Brady.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:24:26 PM
Don't forget that the TD was thrown to their starting inside Linebacker :)

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:28:10 PM
I don't care who it was thrown it. It cost my 7 points of my 34 point lead. :( Come on Ty Law... make some plays.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:35:14 PM
Pats always throw form Short Yardage.

There ya go, Ty Law Interception and TD.

That Sammuel INT helped my team out, just gotta wrack up a few sacks and some more Turnovers. A TD would be nice too.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:36:51 PM
Come on John Vilma... make some plays... ?

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:40:08 PM
I can tell the Pats are trying to play a very low risk game but they gotta at least throw the ball occasioanlly here.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:43:31 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
Pats always throw form Short Yardage.

There ya go, Ty Law Interception and TD.

That Sammuel INT helped my team out, just gotta wrack up a few sacks and some more Turnovers. A TD would be nice too.

If there was a way for the Jets to score and your defense not suffer for it, that Law TD was it. You have to watch out for David Givens, he's on dizzy's fantasy team as well. It's your defense and the Jets incomparable Jolly V. Givens and a 8 pt lead. This is gonna be interesting tonight.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:46:10 PM
Oh I know, that was my thought as well. With luck Jolly will do something, the Pats D is still weak in the middle against TE's so even a catch or two would help.

Givens could hurt, lucky the Pats Offense is very streaky and with the big game last week he may not see much this week. Thats really my only hope so we'll see.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:48:15 PM
How many points does a defense get for sacks and INT's?

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:48:51 PM
Well, if the Jets play bad enough, you will lose. But so will I.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:49:22 PM
Wow, Bruschi isn't putting ANY pressure on that leg as he gets helped off the field.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 08:50:36 PM
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (25 yards per point)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 09:22:25 PM
It didn't look like he was injured, could have been a cramp. On the bright side he can rest the rest of the game and next week if need be.

Wow only 1 per sack...thought I was gonna get more than that. So currently 3 points plus a few more for return yards. I wonder if the points allowed counts defensive points. Currently the Pats D has allowed 0 and I can't see them scoring much so that may help me too. Givens has 10 yards which is 1 point.

VRABEL!!! The man is a monster

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 09:23:26 PM
To add to the Bruschi comment, if he did manage to hurt himself seriously the Pats could be SOL, they can still win a playoff game but I can't see them having a shot at threepeating wtihout him.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 09:36:15 PM
The Pats safety or corner that went down was the only one they've had start every game. I think he just got a concussion so he should be back next week and for the playoffs.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 09:37:41 PM
Asante Sammuel, like you said he's the only one thats played all year but he's been very up and down.

Yay, fumble. More turnovers! What I really need is a kick returned for a TD, now that would be sweet.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:03:08 PM
The Pats are just playing keep away from the Jets. This is ridiculous, great for jjwr's Fantasy D though. At this rate, the Jets will be lucky if they can muster 100yds of offense.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:05:59 PM
Wow, what was it 30 straight plays the Pats ran? 8 Minutes into the 3rd Quarter and the Jets have only had the ball for 6.5 Minutes.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:24:43 PM
That Coles TD catch = my end.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:26:04 PM
6 point lead with too much time left. :(

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:42:53 PM
huzzah!

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:48:39 PM
Lost.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:53:23 PM
I may have gotten enough on D to pull this out....

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:53:59 PM
Yeah you had two sacks and a fumble in span of 30 seconds that might have got you the win.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:54:29 PM
OMG IS THAT DOUG FLUTIE?!?! REDEMPTION!!! Tho it's tied... edit, nevermind, Viniteri will score one point and I lose. Damn.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:57:24 PM
I wonder if they're going to give your defense 3 or 4 sacks? Bollinger tripped and fell and got touched down. That should be a sack.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:57:58 PM
Here comes Vinny!!! More points for the Pats D! ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:58:20 PM
That is a sack, doesn't matter if he fell on his own or not, I think.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:58:55 PM
Here comes Vinny!!! More points for the Pats D! ;)
LOL I think Vinny needs to stay retired after this season.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 10:59:02 PM
If Coles nor Houston touch the ball again, and the game ends. I lose on tiebreaker #3.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:00:06 PM
Holy crap, the last 2 QB's to take snaps are a combined 85 years old!

JMK
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:01:13 PM
Boy the Jets are some kind of terrible. I think they're starting to throw games in order to join the Reggie Bush sweepstakes, despite Herm Edwards' mantra 'You play to win the game'.
They are just pathetic.

Off topic here...but who would have thought at the beginning of the year that the Dolphins would have found a way to finish at least .500 on the year, with an chance at 9 wins? I thought .500 was attainable, but very very difficult to do. Granted they beat a lot of crap teams, but that's not their fault. They've won 5 straight and have scored at least 23 points in each of those game. Kudos to Saban & his staff. :)

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:01:24 PM
If Jolley had made that grab that would have been at least 2 points for jjwr.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:02:31 PM
I have a friend named after Vinny Testeverde.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:02:41 PM
Saban has done a hell of a job. I think he's gotten through to Ricky. You're either going to get great trade value, or have a great RB combo for next season.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:03:14 PM
I have a friend named after Vinny Testeverde.

Is his name Interception?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:03:49 PM
The Jets have loads of problems, not sure where they are going to do.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:05:07 PM
I think that TD puts both jjwr and Ryan out of their fantasy games.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:06:06 PM
What was that? Yay Coles! *victory dance*

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:06:32 PM
Is his name Interception?

No, his name is Vinny Testa. His parents are big Miami fans. That TD catch = my loss.

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:08:23 PM
No, his name is Vinny Testa. His parents are big Miami fans. That TD catch = my loss.

After his 5 INT performance against Penn State in that National Championship game I can't believe they went that name. Bitter Bucs fan here, I'll never get over how bad he was with the Bucs.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:10:21 PM
Well.. last name like Testa... may as well go with Vinny.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:17:14 PM
Turn out the lights, the party is over... on my amazing season. :(

Jedieb
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:19:47 PM
I can't believe ABC has lost MNF. I remember so many of those highlights. I think I've seen every single one of these since around 1980. :cry

But ABC will probably win the rights back the next time the TV contract gets renegotiated.

Ryan Pode
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:20:26 PM
ABC let it go...

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:20:59 PM
You had a great season, with a really great team.

You just had trouble beating my team. :smokin

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:40:49 PM
Jolly did nothing!!! Wow this is going to be close, 1 INT, 3 or 4 Sacks and 2 Fumble Recoveries, thats 9 Points, 10 if they give them 4 Sacks. Depending on if its D points allowed I should get another point so that makes 10/11. Givens had 21yds so 2 points and I needed 8 to win, so if its 11 I should have it.

I also get 1 pt per 25 Return Yards, 50 Return yards, 20 Punt Return Yards and around 10 INT Return yards, that maybe another 3 points which would be enough for the win.

I may just make it!

sirdizzy
Dec 27th, 2005, 12:18:33 AM
its a tie or you win by 1 point not sure how a tiebreaker would work

Yog
Dec 27th, 2005, 01:55:00 AM
Since I have stat tracker, I might as well break the news..

Bruschi's Bruisers 124
Diz Defending Champs 121

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2005, 05:47:24 AM
Sweet! The Stat Tracker is nice but I can't see paying for it.

The 4 & 6 Seed made the finals, gotta love it.

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2005, 08:31:14 AM
Well dizzy can name next year's team 04Champs. :evil

And maybe I'll eventually make the playoffs. :x

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2005, 08:45:38 AM
This is my first Fantasy Football final, I'm psyched! Now I have to make the tough decision of which mediocre QB do I play next week, I have..... Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, David Carr, Rex Grossman and the possibly the wild card of Gorgi - or the Indy Backup.

JMK
Dec 27th, 2005, 08:52:11 AM
I'd say Manning because next week's game still means something to the G-Men doesn't it? Everyone else is either eliminated or clinched.

Ryan Pode
Dec 27th, 2005, 09:23:30 AM
I'll never forget my 196 point day. Nor Stephen Davis, taken in the 25 round, who had 25 TDs. In the end, it was really L.T. who didn't score a TD, and lost me the league.

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2005, 12:49:13 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
This is my first Fantasy Football final, I'm psyched! Now I have to make the tough decision of which mediocre QB do I play next week, I have..... Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, David Carr, Rex Grossman and the possibly the wild card of Gorgi - or the Indy Backup.

I think it's between Manning and Johnson. I think Johnson is going up against the Bears so that pretty much gives Manning the edge. Plus, it's a must win for the G-Men and the Vikings have been eliminated. But I don't think you can go wrong with Grossman. He's playing an uninspired Vikings team. I think he's good for 15-20 pts.

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2005, 07:23:17 PM
Thats what I was thinking as well Jedieb, odds are it'll be Manning but maybe Grossman. I'll make the call on Friday when I see who's playing.

Sorgi is interesting though, if Manning doesn't play he could score 20 for me against the Cardinals in a meaningless game.

Who is C-Town heroes?

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 27th, 2005, 11:04:40 PM
Hi. :)

jjwr
Dec 28th, 2005, 07:09:14 AM
Hey! Good luck, I'm just thrilled to have gotten this far.