PDA

View Full Version : LA Marcus Meet-Up (for planning purposes only - NO SPAM)

Lady Vader
Dec 18th, 2005, 04:26:41 AM
(This is for those in the SoCal area, and/or for those coming to the SoCal area to be a part of the Meet-Up.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(New news 1/9/2006)

The grand finale of plannings! Yes, I finally got this down on "paper", so here it is in a BIG nutshell!

So far these are some of the ppl that have contacted me and shown interest in meeting up with Marcus!

Lady Vader / AmazonBabe (duh!)
CMJ
Athena / Nayala
Dalamar
QuiGonJ
Live Wire
Leia1031

If you are a SoCal resident and interested in meeting our esteemed Aussie-friend, please don't hesitate to put in a shout-out here at this thread and PM me with a contact number!

And now for the schedule of events!

Monday, January 9, 2006:

I think on this day, Marcus is gonna be relaxing from his flight in. Now, it may very well be his SA pals will take him around town, so that's all good. But as far as I know, nothing was planned for this day.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006:

Today, CMJ will be acting as grand tour chauffeur for our dear friend Marcus, giving him the untypical tour of LA; the coast, the districts you don't typically see in a typical LA tour, etc. I will not be joining them due to anniversary dealy with my hubby, but I'm sure Marcus will be in good hands!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006:

Enter the Rie! I'll be acting as grand tour chauffeur this day as I give Marcus the OC tour. Not much in touring wise, but lost of places to eat and shop at. At the end of the day, I will be wisking Marcus down to Downtown Dinsey to check out the sites and to have dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.

Thursday, January 12, 2006:

Today will be the typical LA tour, including, but not limjited to sites such as Mann's Chinese theater, Hollywod Walk of Fame, Hollywood, Bel Aire, and a tour of Warner Brothers Studios curtesy of QuiGonJ! And to top the day, we will take a swing through the Universal City Walk, neighbor to Universal Studios, for a walk trought the alley and dinner at the Hardrock Cafe!

Friday, January 13, 2006:

Being the second to last day in CA, we wanted to wear poor Marcus out, so today we will be treating him to a trip to Disneyland. It's one of those things where you can tell your peeps back at home, "Yeah, I've been there." Besdies, I think Marcus wilol get a kick out of the Buzz Lightyear ride. Somehow, it just looks like something he'd like! ;)

Saturday, January 14, 2006:

Today marks the last day Marcus is here in our grand sunny state, and back in the good care of CMJ. Alas, I must work this day, but if Marcus has not yet left by the time I get out (4pm), then I may be able to swing by and have a few last hours with him before he goes back to Aussie-land.

And there you have it ppls! Lets make Marcus' visit out here to SoCal a memorable one! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Old news: 12/18/2005)

Ok, ladies and gents of SoCal... we need to finalize our plans for when Mr. Marcus invades our side of the country for sure.

Dates when he will be in LA:

Arrives into LAX on Sunday, Jan. 8

Monday, Jan. 9
Tuesday, Jan. 10
Wednesday, Jan. 11
Thursday, Jan. 12
Friday, Jan. 13

Leaves back for Aussie-land on Saturday, Jan. 14

Ok, depending on what time he arrives on Jan. 9, we may or may not be able to do anything there. Same applies to Jan. 14.

Now, we can certainly plan something for the week he'll be here, but being that it is during work (and possibly school) days, we're going to need to plan carefully so that we have ample time to ask for days off and such.

(One note I'd like to make for myself: Jan. 10 is my wedding anniversary. I'd hate to schedule anything on that day for obvious reasons. ^_^; )

So, now that we have dates, lets talk logistics and playing tourist with Marcus.

I thought of two things (well, actually three, but thet third is optional) we could do that would give him a nice taste of SoCal. Each thing would compromise it's own day:

1) LA = Lunch or dinner at the Hardrock Cafe at the Universal City Walk. It's in the heart of LA and Hollywood. Now, around the actual time we sit down to eat and socialize, we can give him a tour of the LA area... the coast/beach, Walk of Fame, Beverly Hills, Man's Chinese Theatre... the usual touristy things for LA.

2) OC = Lunch or dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Dismey. This is very much a part of Orange County, and allows us to show him the various sites there... Disneyland, Knott's, Newport Beach, the massive shopping centers (i.e. South Coast Plaza, Irvine Spectrum, etc)... and, if it piques his interest, we can move on to.....

3) A day at Disneyland

Now, I really want your feedback on this and I also want your ideas. If you have something else you'd like to add or something here doesn't feel right to you, please speak up! We're all in this together and we should do our darndest to give Marcus the best experience possible while here in our little corner of the world. :)

CMJ
Dec 18th, 2005, 01:48:23 PM
Out of those choices I vote for Universal. Because, well...I live in Hollywood. ;)

Lady Vader
Dec 18th, 2005, 04:56:30 PM
:lol

I probably wasn't terribly clear, but actually, I wanted to do both for Marcus. Like one on it's own day sort of thing.

But if you feel only one is necessary, then that's cool too. :)

Nayala Palain
Dec 21st, 2005, 04:20:45 PM
LV i sent you an Email with the cell number in it. I love all the ideas. My problem is I am a Manager within Retail so getting 3 days off is not an easy task...

I know Maim and I would love to do the Disneyland thing but both of the other two sound perfecto as well.

Lady Vader
Dec 21st, 2005, 09:50:15 PM
I understand about it being hard to get 3 days off. I'm in customer service at the mo, and getting 3 days off is like pulling serious teethage.

But I'm gonna throw it at them now dso that when the time comes, they are prepared.

I'll check my email so I get your number. :)

CMJ - I think you haver my gamial, so if you feel ok about it, send me your cell as well so we can keep in touch when the days come :)

Lady Vader
Dec 27th, 2005, 11:19:40 PM
Just so everyone knows, I'm trying to get the 10th thru the 14th off from work. Obviously I won't be available on the 10th (that's reserved for anniversary). But we can do the whole galavanting from the 11th thru the 14th, or 12th thru the 14th, or whatever.

:)

CMJ
Dec 29th, 2005, 01:28:36 PM
I was out of town for the holidays, but I'm back now. Anyhow, I don't know if I'll be around for the "official" Marcus get together, but he and I are already planning on doing stuff. I'm gonna take him off the beaten path a bit.

He needs more than just the "typical" LA tour. ;)

Nayala Palain
Jan 5th, 2006, 10:35:58 PM
Ooh and what does your path include?

Lady Vader
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:55:44 PM
Yes, do share!

Update on my status: I've taken the 10th thru the 13th off from work. I am scheduled to go into work on the 14th, though if need be, I could always call and TRY to get that day off as well.

10th, as I stated before, is reserved for hubby.

But 11th thru 13th is now reserved for Marcus.

I have some ppl's phone numbers and Marcus has my number and I believe CMJs. Lets rock this town and show Marcus a good time! :D

CMJ
Jan 7th, 2006, 08:12:23 PM
What time is he landing tommorrow? Is he going to even WANT to do anything tommorrow?

Lady Vader
Jan 8th, 2006, 01:10:26 PM
I dunno what time he's landing at. And as for doing something today, prob not.

But we do have to make sure he's got a place to stay and some kind of transportation per his thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39915)..

Lady Vader
Jan 9th, 2006, 04:01:14 PM
* * * EXTRA EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! * * * (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=39833#post745723)

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:56:18 PM
Hey all :D

Lady Vader
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:55:23 PM
And if it isn't the man himself! The one! The only! The man with the stubble updates! MARCUS!!!! :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2006, 11:31:58 AM
It sounds like what you guys have planned is going to be a lot of fun. I'm envious :)

CMJ
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:58:56 AM
Didn't quite show him everything I wanted to. But Marcus and I definitely saw the sights of downtown LA.

Santee Alley? Check.

Street Vendor Hotdog? Check

Union Station? Check.

LA Central Library? Check

The Cathedral of our Lady of Angels? Check.

Library Tower? Check

Pershing Square? Check

Museum of Conemporary Modern Art? Check

Disney Hall? Check

Dorothy Chandler Pavillion? Check

Ran out of time or I woulda taken him thru Chinatown.

Yog
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:34:06 AM
Thats great CMJ! When you're done with Marcus, he will be able to navigate through LA blindfolded and hold lectures about the history of the city :D

As for ideas, I see you're allready planning to take him to Disneyland which is great, but is there a chance to fit Universal Studios into the schedule as well? Might be tricky with such a tight timetable.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 11th, 2006, 07:30:43 AM
Hey, great day.

BTW, I've been out and didnt get to bed to 5:30am so I could be unresponsive if you call.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2006, 08:00:59 AM
Somebody take this man to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2811196-roscoe_s_house_of_chicken_and_waffles_los_angeles-i). I demand it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:51:30 AM
IN-N-OUT Burger!!

:( Or just send me one. :(

CMJ
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:30:29 AM
He had In-and-Out the other night. I hadn't thought of taking him to Roscoe's, but I did wanna take him to The Pantry - another LA original.

http://www.pantrycafe.com/

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:37:03 PM
mm I <3 IN-N-OUT.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:21:22 PM
In and Out's pretty good, but in the end it's still just junk food, abiet tasty.

Awake and vaguely alive now