PDA

View Full Version : So when will the colts choke

sirdizzy
Dec 15th, 2005, 09:22:15 PM
Its not a question of if but when the colts will choke. I am going for the divisional rounds but there is still the possibility they may wait a game or two before they choke in the post season

You got the greatest 2 choke artists in the history of modern day football afterall Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy. Don't forget the moment the bucs threw Dungy away they won the superbowl.

Peyton Mannings Choke history
1999- AFC Divisionals, 16-19 to the Titans
2000- Wild Card Weekend, 17-23 to the Dolphins
2002- Wild Card Weekend, 0-41 to the Jets
2003- AFC Championship Game, 14-24 to the Patriots
2004- AFC Divisionals, 3-20 to the Patriots
2005- ???

supposedly the best or one of the best offenses in the league and they have left the post season 5 times in 6 years by putting up an amazing 17 or less points averaging 10.0 points a loss

Tony Dungy's Choke History
1997- NFC Divisionals, 7-21 to the Packers
1999- NFC Championship Game, 6-11 to the Rams
2000- Wild Card Weekend, 3-21 to the Eagles
2001- Wild Card Weekend, 9-31 to the Eagles
2002- Wild Card Weekend, 0-41 to the Jets
2003- AFC Championship Game, 14-24 to the Patriots
2004- AFC Divisionals, 3-20 to the Patriots
2005- ???

JMK
Dec 15th, 2005, 09:41:46 PM
What happened the last 2 times the Colts & Broncos met in the playoffs? ;)

sirdizzy
Dec 15th, 2005, 09:50:45 PM
well maybe we will get our revenge this year in the afc championship game if the colts are still around which I doubt they will be

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 15th, 2005, 10:03:52 PM
The only team in the AFC that can beat the Colts are the Patriots, they could do it. Now in the NFC I think Seattle has the best chance.

Ryan Pode
Dec 16th, 2005, 12:09:44 AM
Denver can't beat Indy. Not a chance in hell. Indy's defense is too fast for the running game and Indy O can score on anyone.

Jedieb
Dec 16th, 2005, 12:20:46 AM
Why not retitle this thread;
Bitter Broncos Fan Strikes Back!!!

Ya know who were going to end up comparing Manning and Dungy to in 5 years? Elway and Shanahan. Do I need to list the Superbowl humiliations that defined Elway's career before Davis finally came along? Or how about that divisional loss to the Jags the first year they made a run with Davis?

Here are some playoff scores to savor and delight!

2003 Wild Card Round
Broncos 10
Colts 41
This one was over before halftime. (31-3)

2004 Divisional Round
Broncos 24
Colts 49
Again, this one was over before halftime. (35 -3)

It's not a question of if the Broncos will get blasted out of the playoffs, but if it'll be the Colts doing it. AGAIN. :evil

sirdizzy
Dec 16th, 2005, 12:45:46 AM
I will welcome a colts/denver game to just shut remarks like that up forever.

Yes we got blasted out of the playoffs but this team is different and better than those teams and the advantage that the colts enjoyed in both games will no longer be relevant.

We blew indy out in the regular season both years before those losses, in week 17 in 2003 and in week 16 last year. Now we were playong for our pervobial lives at the time and had to lay all the cards on the table both times indy was locked into their seed and had nothing to play for. This time indy won't have the advantage of being able to sit back and watch and know our teams every weakness and strength before the playoff games and adjust accordingly, which they did wonderfully.

A Indy/Denver matchup will be a lot closer and a lot different than you would ever anticipate.

Hopefully we got Darret Williams back by then as he has been huge for us and we can use him in that matchup.

JMK
Dec 16th, 2005, 08:00:28 AM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
Yes we got blasted out of the playoffs but this team is different and better than those teams and the advantage that the colts enjoyed in both games will no longer be relevant.

Just how much orange kool-aid are you drinking? The Colts are a much different team too, specifically on defense. Look what they did to a strong running team like the Steelers. They embarassed them. No one but the Patriots will come even close to beating the Colts this year.

sirdizzy
Dec 16th, 2005, 10:07:37 AM
Their Defense is so overrated, we would would hapshod on that defense. We are a far better running team than the steelers.

The question is can we stay in the running game, if we let manning get up early and force us out of our game like they did the last 2 years we would be in trouble

Ryan Pode
Dec 16th, 2005, 10:15:32 AM
Denver's offense can't match up with the Colt's defense. Both are undersized, speedy little things. If the Colts go out there and hit Denver hard early, the Broncos will fold up, thats what happens ever time they play the Ravens.

In the last 4 meetings that the Ravens and Broncos have had, the Broncos haven't had a 100 yard rusher. This is because the Ravens come out and hit them. Baltimore is not the only team to do it. Miami in '02, when their defense was good, C. Portis had 79 yards and Mike Anderson added 17. When the Steelers played them in '03, Clinton Portis and Reuben Droughns had a combined 46 yards rushing. Let's also keep in mind that Denver was #2 in the Rush in '03, only behind Baltimore by 45 yards and 9 carries. Baltimore also had 2,066 yards from Jamal Lewis.

This year, last years past the Colts will able to move the ball like none other and your Champ Bailey with two rooks ain't gonna stop Marvin Harrison & Co. And the Colts defense will make Jake Plummer win the game. Need I remind you of his 74.8 career Passer Rating along with 148 TDs to 147 Ints?

JMK
Dec 16th, 2005, 10:59:48 AM
The Broncos may be able to keep it close at the beginning. But it's only a matter of time before Peyton throws a couple TD's and Jake "No Mistake" Plummer has to revert to the gunslinging turnover machine. The only team that can beat Indy, in the RCA Dome is New England, because they are rounding in to form and are in the Colts' head - and the Colts themselves. That's it. Maybe the Seahawks, but we'll save that for the Superbowl.

sirdizzy
Dec 16th, 2005, 11:53:52 AM
those two rooks happen to be the best CBs we have had in denver in ten years (exluding Bailey). Williams and Foxworth should both be candidates for rookie of the year. They were the steals of this years draft and I they are both good enough to cover man on man anything the colts throw at them with Bailey out there to lock up on harrision.

The reason we got destroyed the last 2 years though was our pass rush we couldn't get close enough to spit on manning much less sack him. The denver rush is sooooooooooooooooo much better than last year and that will be the difference not the improvement at CB and in the secondary. Give manning enough time and I don't care how good your CBs are your going to get burned. So it will be trevor price and the browncos who make the difference this year.

Ryan Pode
Dec 16th, 2005, 01:07:29 PM
I'd like to point out that the this great pass rush you speak of had two sacks for no losses on Kyle Boller from a line that had 2 rookies, a 2nd year man, a third year, and a vetern center, playing most of the game. Kyle Boller had all day to throw and only because of his own inaccuracy did he not complete more passes.

JMK
Dec 16th, 2005, 01:30:40 PM
:lol

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 16th, 2005, 02:43:08 PM
I think Seattle has a great chance of beating them, I think either them or San Diego will beat them the next two weeks, of course a lot of that could be Indy resting a lot of players.

Jedieb
Dec 16th, 2005, 08:19:43 PM
The Chargers really should be able to beat Indy this weekend. Simon and some other key defensive starters are sitting out. LT should be able to have a big day. Plus, can San Diego be any more desperate? I just can't figure that team out. They have everything in place to be great, but they lose one close game after another and the egg they laid against Miami is just inexplicable. If the Chargers don't win this weekend I think they're going to collapse and leave the WC scraps for the Steelers and Chiefs to fight over.

Right now Indy reminds of me Denver's 2nd Superbowl winning team. After their 13-0 start they lost 2 of the next 3 because they simply didn't care. Then once the playoffs started they went back to dominating teams. I think the Colts will do the same thing. If they had a team like last year's Steelers hot on their heels with only 1 loss I think their chances of going undefeated would be so much better. Right now, I'd be stunned if Edge gets more than 15 carries in any of these last 3 games. He's the guy I'd be worried about. They need him healthy and he's on pace to break the rushing attempts record. With HF wrapped up, that's just not necessary.

JMK
Dec 16th, 2005, 08:57:58 PM
Agreed on all points, especially the Chargers. If they lose they probably will implode, and it could, and should cost Martyball his job. They've lost too many close games this year.