PDA

View Full Version : Official 'yack about the old days and stuff' thread

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 11th, 2005, 10:01:54 PM
obiwan2 and Jedi Master Leia Solo no longer exist as members. After a year of inactivity people's names get deleted. :)

Nav wasn't on the list I was initially given by Atreyu, so I didn't add her - her current name is Miranda Tarkin.

Atreyu
Dec 11th, 2005, 10:04:27 PM
Oh, I'll add her now then. I can't keep up with all these username changes. :)

EDIT: Can't seem to add her. :\ I've been getting some weird things happen when i try to add certain people - I assume it's because they may be mods/admins alreaady and my rights prevent me from altering their user status.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 11th, 2005, 11:46:12 PM
Ah right mods can't add other mods :) Let me know and I can add whoever.

Atreyu
Dec 11th, 2005, 11:50:36 PM
Do all mods/admins have instant access? Because of that error message I haven't tried adding any of the other staff and because I saw Mr SWFans browsing earlier I assumed they automatically had access. :huh

If not, you'd better go and add every mod/admin on the above list since I assumed they had access already.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:00:29 AM
You should be able to do a search by access mask to find out who has access. And when you make a private forum all mods and admins get automatic access, but i tried to get rid of all the ones who weren't on the list you supplied me with earlier. ^_^;

edit: is is okay to add my brother IG-88e/Banestone to the forum? He pre-dated me. :)

Atreyu
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:15:46 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Is is okay to add my brother IG-88e/Banestone to the forum? He pre-dated me. :)
No.

:p

I suppose. Funnily enough I saw a 'Banestone' browsing the new Marzullo forums the other day.

(funnily enough every other time I've visited there's been some old member or another. Lady Vader was once there, as was Organa Solo when I visted last)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:17:44 AM
Well he's the only Banestone so it would have been him. :)

Pierce Tondry
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:20:29 AM
Put simply, I see this as a place for those of us who can remember back to the Elder days (circa 1999-2000).

It surprised me when I realized that I do remember back that far. I've never really thought of myself as one of the oldest oldies- more of a second-generation elder, if that makes sense.

I do like this forum though- it's just what I need to keep in touch with the people I really care about from this board. Thanks to whoever it was that had the idea to let me in.

Atreyu
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:26:49 AM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
It surprised me when I realized that I do remember back that far. I've never really thought of myself as one of the oldest oldies- more of a second-generation elder, if that makes sense.
The way I see it, your're a 1st generationer (is that a word?) if you can remember back to the SWFans / CC.Net split. After that, you then go down the list (2nd, 3rd etc). :)

Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
I do like this forum though- it's just what I need to keep in touch with the people I really care about from this board. Thanks to whoever it was that had the idea to let me in.
Yeah, I love me too. :D

I just thought it would be cool to have a private place where we can discuss all this old stuff, good and the bad as well without having to worry about ticking people off (you would never find me posting as I did about Jon just now in public for instance). We can relax here and let it all out. :)

Figrin D'an
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:28:39 AM
This whole premise makes me feel old.

oh well...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:29:38 AM
I believe I'm a second generation - I was brought in by first generation person Itala. :lol Ah, my scandalous past!

Pierce Tondry
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:31:09 AM
I don't think I remember back to the split. In a certain twist of irony, I recall my first day of any significant posting on SWFans to be the day you (Dav) first departed from RPing. Vis and Isard had already been part of the boards for several months beforehand at that point, and I was sort of an attache to that group.

I believe I'm a second generation - I was brought in by first generation person Itala. :lol Ah, my scandalous past!

I remember that. I was a lurker at that point.

Atreyu
Dec 12th, 2005, 12:36:23 AM
Speaking of which, should we invite Itala?

:)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol

Ok maybe not. :p

I recall my first day of any significant posting on SWFans to be the day you (Dav) first departed from RPing.
That was almost exactly 6 years ago - I forget the exact date, but it was early Dec 1999.

Yeah, I stole everyone's thunder that day. :)

::looks at above again::

Yikes, now I feel old. :eek

JMK
Dec 12th, 2005, 08:18:28 AM
Maybe we feel old because we ARE old! :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 12th, 2005, 09:58:27 AM
Yeah I was 20 when I started here.

Now I'm 26. ^_^;

CMJ
Dec 12th, 2005, 11:34:45 AM
I remember the day CC.net split from SWFans. Why? IT WAS MY 21ST birthday!!

:lol

I remember logging onto SwFans that evening and there were like 7 posts. The Admin at the time(I have forgotten his name) datelet EVERY old post that was made by the departed.

Those first couple of weeks there were literally about 10 of us on SWFans. Practically the entire community moved.

I stayed. Then everyone else came back. ;)

Darth McBain
Dec 12th, 2005, 03:18:21 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Maybe we feel old because we ARE old! :lol

I won't feel old until I hit the big 3-0 next May... :)

Banestone
Dec 12th, 2005, 06:52:40 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu

Funnily enough I saw a 'Banestone' browsing the new Marzullo forums the other day.

Funnily enough, it wasn't me... possible some old-timers' names are being registered by someone over there. I don't mind (as I'm not going to ever be going over there), but I would like to point out that that Banestone, whoever it is, isn't "the" Banestone.

Marceloi
Dec 12th, 2005, 11:29:12 PM
Gen 1 people are those that were on jawafortress.net.

Oh who the hell am I kidding. I'm pre-historic

Anyone want to see the email that announced the cc.net split? I still have it

CMJ
Dec 13th, 2005, 01:03:49 AM
Originally posted by Marceloi
Gen 1 people are those that were on jawafortress.net.

Oh who the hell am I kidding. I'm pre-historic

Anyone want to see the email that announced the cc.net split? I still have it

I remember jawafortress!!

Marceloi
Dec 13th, 2005, 02:51:14 AM
Attention: Members of the Forum

"All good things must come to and end, but every end has a new
beginning." Such is the way of life and so it is with these words,
that
we begin anew.

Four days ago, members of this forum joined together to discuss the
future of our message board. With the recent turmoil that had struck
and continues to strike these forums, it was decided that action had to
be taken.

We should first explain the numerous problems that have caused us to
take action. These forums, as most do, had few problems at its
inception. Over the course of two months, circumstances have arisen
which are intolerable. These boards have become a tyranny, a tyranny
ruled by one man - JasonF much the same way the Empire was ruled by
Palpatine.

"Just drop it, whatever I say goes basically." - JasonF

"If you can't deal with this, tell me. You truly over estimate your
position here. These are SWFans.Net forums. True the visitors that go
here make up the forums content and structure. But unlike Naboo, this
is
not a democracy." - JasonF

It is our sincere belief that a message board should be a democracy -
we
believe posters and users of the board have the final say. Decisions
should not be made by someone who is never on the board, nor who
understands the general feelings of its posters. It is the people who
have invested so much of their time and energy into the board, and so
it
is the people who deserve to have their opinions carried through.

A number of complaints are therefore brought forward:

1. Sole dictatorship of the forums by JasonF
2. JasonF's position on the forums, which reflect his commitment to our
community -

"The forums are a very small aspect to SWFans.Net and i really could
care less about them. If people aren't enjoying themselves then maybe
the forums should just be taken down." - JasonF

3. Removal of CountryBoy and The Lounge Lizard as moderators by JasonF
-
despite the fact that 95%+ of the posters on the forum voiced their
disapproval along with good reasoning, JasonF was unmoved. Rest
assured,
in a democracy, this would not have happened.
4. Trolling by members including JoshuaHarris and Rhodes - JasonF took
no action, and did not investigate why CB and LL took action against
trolls. Rather, he reprimanded them and did nothing to the trolls.
5. Slow reactions in responding to problem users such as solo, darth,
etc.

And so, action was taken.

The new, "Star Wars Forum" is at:
http://206.86.100.18:8080/bstarwarsforum

Nearly 30 of the most active posters on these boards have already been
informed of and agreed to move to this new forum. A list of those
people can be found below. By the time you read this, emails of this
message will have been sent to every forum member for which we could
find an email address for.

The new forum has multiple admins, who most importantly, are regular
posters. The current admins include Palpatine, Jonathan, The Lounge
Lizard, Rmiao, Foxdvd, and CountryBoy. This forum will be a democracy
in which the people of the forum - the posters, decide how the forum is
run. The forum will be exactly the same as the old forums, but with a
different government, a democracy, not a dictatorship.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to go to the new forum. "Out with
the
old, in with the new." ALL posters are welcome, regardless of their
opinions on Star Wars or other movies such as Titanic. The only
difference will be that in the new forum, "trolls" will not be allowed.
In other words, Titanic lovers, come on in! =)

Finally, a number of posters are also web designers and programmers.
We
intend to create a quality, main web page so new users from the
internet
will continue to come to our boards. In the meantime, the forum's
location will be advertised in numerous ways, so we are assured that
there will be a steady stream of new posters.

An In depth announcement on this issue can be found at:
http://home.att.net/~swfans/announce.htm

May the Force Be With You,

(current members of the new forum)

Lounge Lizard
Richard (moderator)
Palpatine (moderator)
Jonathan (moderator)
Country Boy
Vader23 (moderator)
FoxDVD
SWFan
Jedi Master Princess
Lucis
Sith Lord
Chiefcrowe
Darth Turbogeek
Qui Gon Yoda
Rebel Scum
dreg darklighter
The Phoenix
Itala Marzullo
JarJarsOfClay
Sir Dizzy
Anthy Rose
Dark Blade
Cold Sun
MADJedi
Figrin D an
Child Padawan
SithMaul77
Kai Setan
Jedi Padawan Ron Dew
WizzDom
SW Tampa Joey
Dutchy
lendorin
Xantar III
Darth Vader
Anakin

Figrin D'an
Dec 13th, 2005, 11:16:39 PM
Aye, I remember that email, and I still have it as well.

I remember too the whole post-editing fiasco that got CB and Charley demoted from their moderator jobs and prompted the board exodus. I'm pretty sure I have copies of those threads stored somewhere.

There were so many damn trolls in those days...

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 14th, 2005, 04:47:01 AM
Some of the trolls were memorable tho. CINEMATIC, Kate Winslett, Jedi3187...... and also the one who's comment sparked off the whole Turbogeek thing.

CMJ
Dec 14th, 2005, 03:02:32 PM
Jedi3167 will never be topped. :lol

Atreyu
Dec 14th, 2005, 11:28:43 PM
Yikes, check out all the old names.

I was fascinated to see Vader23 (I rememeber him - barely). Did he predate Darth23?

Speaking of which, is Dutchy still around. I don't believe I've seen him in the BO forum lately.

Doc Milo
Dec 14th, 2005, 11:43:37 PM
I came in right after the split. So I guess that makes me second generation. I remember reading posts about the split, and checking out cc.net as well. I don't think I joined that forum, but only lurked for a while. By the time I came here, though, there were a lot of posters visiting both boards.

I actually never joined an internet message board before this one. I had been a member on an aol message board. Slowly but surely, the aol board got fazed out and replaced by this one -- though I still keep in contact with some of the older posters to the aol board.

I joined this board shortly after TPM hit theaters.

I don't know if this name constitutes an "old folk" but how about buffjedi? I remember him giving Jonathan a run for his money as "king of the TPM viewings...."

And may I ask, does anyone remember a poster named "Bromine" and does he still post under a different name?

When I joined this board, I was 30. I'm now 36. Yikes!

Atreyu
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:02:05 AM
I came in right after the split. So I guess that makes me second generation.
The generations could probably be revised a bit. First generation could probably be extended to about Oct/Nov 1999 when the GJO first formed.

Generally, I've always seen the 2nd generation starting around the end of 1999/early 2000 when we had a huge surge of new posters. Even today, when I say 'old timers' the people i often think of are those who came in the 2nd wave of fans.

Because of that, I've often just assumed everything before that was 1st generation. And because it seemed as though hardly anyone new came to the board in that time, I often just assumed that everyone who posted back then automatically was present for the board split.

I don't know if this name constitutes an "old folk" but how about buffjedi? I remember him giving Jonathan a run for his money as "king of the TPM viewings...."
Does buff still post? I haven't seen him around in ages.

Don't know if it was only me, and I never publically asked out loud, but he reminded me an awful lot like DarthAce (the SW fan from Cyprus) who posted back in 1999/early 2000, what with his posting style and all. I often wondered if it was the same person but different usernames.

And may I ask, does anyone remember a poster named "Bromine" and does he still post under a different name?
Certainly do - not only was he a great BO poster (I think he even started there) but he was also one of the earlier leaders of The Sith Empire roleplaying group (and probably its best too). Unfortunately he left the roleplaying, said goodbye to everyone and then just vanished without a trace sometime in 2000. I remember his name has popped up every now and then in the roleplaying forums whenever people reminisce about the golden days but no one seems to have any contact details for him.

Atreyu
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:05:17 AM
NOTE: I've just split this off from the 'official' welcome thread since I'd like to keep that just for the official list of who has access plus other invites and stuff.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:07:46 AM
I met Bromine in Cali - if my fuzzy memory isn't playing tricks on me. Rie should know how to get in touch with him. Should. Charley might, even. Maybe.

*shifty eyes*

CMJ
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:25:53 AM
I remember a Buster something or other that was a really good contributer to the BO forums. BusterM maybe? He sorta just faded away.

I'll have to sit down and think about some other old friends long gone. ;)

Atreyu
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:42:33 AM
Originally posted by CMJ
I remember a Buster something or other that was a really good contributer to the BO forums. BusterM maybe? He sorta just faded away.

I'll have to sit down and think about some other old friends long gone. ;)
BristerM? :)

Who can ever forget this classic post from 2000:

Which film do you think is going to be number 1 this weekend?
1. This film
2. That film
blah
blah
blah
7. Brister's dog
The dog became the unofficial mascot for the BO forum for a while. :)

... until ReaperFett killed it through overexposure. :lol

Darth McBain
Dec 15th, 2005, 09:53:20 AM
Originally posted by Doc Milo

Sure I remember Bromine. I remember he was a poster you could really get into some intelligent conversations with...

CMJ
Dec 15th, 2005, 10:12:30 AM
Originally posted by Atreyu
BristerM? :)

Who can ever forget this classic post from 2000:

The dog became the unofficial mascot for the BO forum for a while. :)

... until ReaperFett killed it through overexposure. :lol

Genius post! One of the alltimers. Vansmak was the king of comedic posts but he was only around the first few months. Some of the posts that he annhilated 3167 with, had to be read to be bellieved. :lol

JMK
Dec 15th, 2005, 09:46:51 PM
Anyone remember the time Buffjedi got into a 'scrap' with some dude and promised to go over to his place and beat the crap outta him? :lol

CMJ
Dec 16th, 2005, 12:44:52 AM
Yeah, I don't even remember what they were arguing over. :)

Jedieb
Dec 17th, 2005, 12:25:57 PM
Jesus, could you people have buried this spot any deeper?

I was here before the split, went over to CCNet for awhile, but eventually came back. Pretty much came back to hang with Court and guys like Kyle, Carr, Doc, etc. I always liked guys like Buff because he seemed to have a sense of humor about himself. I also remember roasting JediMulder over and over again. He was truly a classic. My favorite Mulder theories included his accusing board members of being in on the box office conspiracy. If I recall, I think it was Dutchy who was obviously "in on it.", I mean how else could he guess box office results?

And let's not forget the numerous run in with JLB. In fact, I think it all began with a post I made about Bond films. I said something along the lines of you usually like the Bond you grow up with so "deal with it." The next thing I know I'm subjected to a classic 10 paragraph Bowen response, The rest is history....

CMJ
Dec 17th, 2005, 02:31:17 PM
The best 3167 fight was when he took on HAL9000(remember him?), vansmak, Dutchy, myself, and another guy or two I've since forgotten. He took on all of is in about 4 threads concurrently. He then proceeded to accuse us of being the same person and as Eb said being in on the conspiracy.

To which vansmak posted a gem that went something like...

You're right Jedi3167, you've found us out.

Here's the breakdown.

Dutchy - 20M
Hal9000 - 20M
CMJ 20M
Me - 50M (hey guys I have a family to feed!)
20th Century Fox - 20M
Theater Owners 20 - Million
Ray Park - 2M(just so he won't kick our asses)
Guy who tears the ticket stubs - 1M

This post will self destruct in 20 seconds.

That was the jist of it(though he was so witty, I know it was much funnier than that). I remember crying I laughed so hard. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2005, 06:09:00 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Jesus, could you people have buried this spot any deeper?

I didn't want to make Atreyu wait on the red tape of getting it in a main forum, so I stuck it in my own.

Jedieb
Dec 18th, 2005, 08:08:20 PM
It took me days to find it! And once I did I had trouble getting out! :crack

Hera
Dec 18th, 2005, 10:45:38 PM
Hello people :wave

I got the group email from Atreyu about this forum and thought I'd hobble on in to say hello. Neato forum.

Atreyu
Dec 19th, 2005, 03:16:00 AM
In fact, I think it all began with a post I made about Bond films. I said something along the lines of you usually like the Bond you grow up with so "deal with it." The next thing I know I'm subjected to a classic 10 paragraph Bowen response.
I remember that post still. I love James Bond so I was following that thread with great interest (my fav is Sean Connery). :) Jon went off on some tangent about how if you couldn't see Brosnan was the best then you were an idiot (or something).

It took me days to find it!
On that topic, it seems our esteemed friend Jedi Master Carr still can't find this place. I'll have to get Hollie to make sure he has access (his mod powers make him tricky to allow entry). :\

AmazonBabe
Dec 19th, 2005, 04:50:46 PM
edit: is is okay to add my brother IG-88e/Banestone to the forum? He pre-dated me. :)

That's right! OMG! I think we still have his Royal Guard pic on the old old TSC website!! :eek I just realized, he could SO enter the 501st Legion easily with that costume he made!

:lol And Live Wire was your Master! Speaking of LW, I should let her know we've got an old folks home here. Even though she doesn't RP or post much, I'm sure she's more than eligable to be a party of this madness. Not to mention it may get her posting again. She loves remeniscing of RP days long gone. :)

I met Bromine in Cali - if my fuzzy memory isn't playing tricks on me. Rie should know how to get in touch with him. Should. Charley might, even. Maybe.

*shifty eyes*

Erk. I dunno. I'd have to do some serious digging to look him up. As it is, sometime last year, my hotmail account was wiped, and I lost a LOT of info. :verymad After that happened, I moved to gmail.

I too was one of the 21-year-olds way back in '99. This coming Feb, I'll be 28. Time certainly does fly.

I remember the first split of cc.net, but I noticed I wasn't on the list. I seem to recal this being due to the fact I hadn't started posting yet. I had been doing some lurking forst, to see how things were run and the like. But once it was moved, I think that's when I started posting. That's when I joined TSC as LV. To quote LD "Ah, my scandalous past!" :uhoh

Ya know, I remember my first ever RP battle with the Jedi (as LV of course). Turbogeek first attempted to Force Wedgy me, but when I informed him I wore no underwear, he was forced to grab the first thing he saw... the infamous Force Frying Pan (we were fightng in a kitchen, of all places).

I'm proud to say that I was the first one ever wacked with that pan, and I still have the bump to prove it. It's like an old battle scar. *sigh* So fun!

Atreyu
Dec 19th, 2005, 09:06:45 PM
Speaking of LW, I should let her know we've got an old folks home here.'
I sent her a PM, but according to the PM tracking she hasn't logged on since Nov 30.

She does have access though, so if you know of someother way to get hold of her, please do. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 20th, 2005, 03:36:30 AM
I think that of everyone with access here, I was probably the last to arrive at SWfans ^_^; I missed out on a lot of hilarity.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 20th, 2005, 04:00:32 PM
Finally got in, I think I came after the split too. I remember hearing about it and that was it. I think I just lurked before that.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:28:59 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I think that of everyone with access here, I was probably the last to arrive at SWfans ^_^; I missed out on a lot of hilarity. I can't ever remember which one of us got here first.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:42:27 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I can't ever remember which one of us got here first.

I'm pretty sure it was you. I got to TSE in the backend of October 2000. I have vague memories of seeing you doing stuff over at TSO with LiveWire.

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:46:00 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I'm pretty sure it was you. I got to TSE in the backend of October 2000. I have vague memories of seeing you doing stuff over at TSO with LiveWire.

Morg and Nup turned up at the same time and I think from memory they were before you. I seem to recall them turning up late 1999 / early 2000, Fewdman :-D

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2005, 08:22:15 PM
I joined mid 2000, but didn't really participate until after the collapse of TSC about sept 2000. And I didn't venture to Sw-fans much to RP because I was afraid I'd get murdered, IC. ^_^;

Hera
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:39:18 PM
I arrived in the second wave of SW-fans I think. TSE was the main hub for me and I only ventured (like LD) on occassion to the "big" rp board. It was some time before I really rpd there IIRC. I also made my own ezboard The Acropolis and did alot of rp there. I still remember the first time Rama, Ogre, Havok and Lynch showed up there. Good times :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:49:40 PM
Ah the good old times. Like when the BIG roleplayers actually KNEW MY NAME!

I was in such awe of Lynch, Ogre, Rama and Turbogeek. Then I got to know them all. :lol

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:07:56 AM
I miss roleplaying well. I got such a dose of the suck

Although while Marcus was suck, there was one or two others that I thought I did pretty well.... might be surprise which one I thought was the best

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:32:51 AM
Well since everyone is posting about how they came to this place ...

I was another SW site (I forget the name) in May 1999, and whilst perusing the links to other sites I found one called 'Star War vs Titanic'. I paid a visit and found a forum attached (a really old one that used the thread tree format - all responses being listed underneath the title with their titles sort of thing).

Anyway, I posted there continually until one night (my time) a troll came and practically overloaded the board with spam. Since the board required no registration there was no way to ban him, so JasonF (the owner) went and created a new board. It was hosted by a mob called ezboard.

That was cool. Originally the board had the same tree style setup, until an admin finally found the button to switch it to the plain thread listing like we have today. Life was good. Some guy named Itala created a group called The Sith Council. Not to be outdone, a day later another guy called SirDizzy created another group called The Jedi Council. Amongst all this, I was posting under the name of Darth Jasper, however after joining the Jedi I changed to Ewyn Jasper (after a brief stint as Emyn Arden - don't ask) to be less Sith-like.

Also at this time, I posted a thread about how I had just read they were making some films based on LOTR. Expected release time - mid 2000. It seemed so long away ...

Back to the story. I went away for holidays during the mid-year break to central Australia. I came back a fornight later, and found SWFans practically dead. I alos found an e-mail in my Inbox - the same one Marcus posted earlier.

So I perused this newer board, but I kept posting a bit on the old one as well. Some new forums had popped up in my absence, including 2 called The Jedi Council and the Jedi vs Sith Battleground. In the former, some guy called CMJ started a thread trying to set up a new Jedi Council. I joined.

(BTW, at this time I had switched to another username DJjedeye).

Others joined too. jjwr, obwain2, RUIN KAI V3, Geex, Quohog, Darth Phantom X plus some others I forget. CMJ was elected its first leader, with myself and RUIN as deputies.

We started having silly little battles in the Battleground forum, usually under brilliant names such as:

'The battle rages'
'The battle continues to rage'
'The battle continues to continue to rage'
'The battle to end all rages'
'The battle continues that will end all rages'

... and so on. Here, another poster popped up under the name of Darth Sidious, who we fought against. Another poster showed up shortly afterward - her name was Mara Jade1. Not to be outdone by the Jedi, Mara setup a thread in the battleground forum titled 'The Sith Counsel' (I have no idea why she always spelt it like that). Another poster called Darth Bane dropped by once or twice looking for that guy named Itala, but he found out about CC.Net so he didn't stay long.

Moving along, following further troll attacks myself, CMJ and jjwr were made moderators, and the board got a bit of a relook (we lost the Trivia forum for instance, as well as the Ticket Conspiracy forum). The battleground and Jedi Council forums were merged together to create 'Jedi vs Sith' ... where the battle continued to rage. More posters signed up, including some young pup named Jedi Rama.

A new Sith Council was formally established with Darth Sidious leading, but he ousted within a fortnight due to constance absences (yes, I'm serious about that length of time). Then some new guy called Darth Fenris became leader. He renamed the group The Sith Empire with Mara as his deputy. And then he disappeared after a fortnight or so (might have been a month - pretty short anyway). So Mara took over as leader. At about this time the aforementioned Jedi rama switched sides and became known as Rama Sha.

Anyway, time passed on. Three members - Qui Jeon Jinn, Mirax H and Redemption (later known as Vengence) established a 3rd group called the BSK (Beer, Sex and Killing). I'm still not sure what allegiance to the force they held, but I'm assuming dark side.

Then in September, a poster called Darth Boricua showed up asking for CMJ. Seeing as how CMJ was on holidays at the time, I responded instead, and got directions to a top secret forum (bthejedilounge) with a Jedi Only forum on it. It was here that I and other Jedi began to mingle with such cool dudes as Master 'I'm rasberry flavoured' Yoghurt, Boricua, AmazonBabe, LEIA1031, Rmiao, Figrin D'an and some other guy called Darth Turbogeek.

Anyway, we got along ok, so we tried to merge. Long story short - didn't work. So we allied instead. So for the month of October 1999 the Jedi Alliance roamed the boards utlising jjwr's '2 boards, 1 universe' idea which saw roleplayers posting at both SWFans and CC.Net (and the Swamps - a bit). Then Yoghurt and co decided to try and have a merge anyway and this time it worked out.

So on November 1st, 1999, the newly merged Jedi group was born. Except that we couldn't agree on a name. AmazonBabe wanted to keep calling it The Jedi Council. Darth Turbogeek quite liked the Jedi High Order (hmmm ... high jedi). Since I was playing with the graphics of the board at the time I created a banner with the name Greater Jedi Order.

(and I should mention that during all this I changed names to Atreyu, Scarloc, Wolfe, Thall, back to Atreyu, to Champion of the Force).

By this time though we were all getting a bit sick of just plain old fights all the time. So jjwr tried to do a D&D type roleplay, whereby multiple threads were setup for a variety of locations and everyone take part. It didn't quite qork out - everyone preferred to stick to one thread called 'The Grasslands'. The first serious roleplay was born.

Oh yeah, and Itala suddenly returned and tried to claim TSC as the main Sith group amongst all that. No one paid attention.

Also late in the year a little activity called infiltration became fun.. For a while. The most legendary infiltration was Figrin's of TSC under the name LordXanatos, though other notables included Turbogeek's Darth Chicken. And Atreyu's Mephiston ... wait a minute, I got caught 2nd post - whoops. AmazonBabe got embroiled in that whole Lady Vader thing, but she swore on her mother's roomates cousin's former nephew's pet cat they were 2 different people and the entire board believed her.

Mara also got into the GJO forum. Twice. Tit for tat (or should that be tit for tat tat?) I suppose. The whole infiltration thing got old pretty fast, and by early 2000 was a bannable offense.

And that was 1999. Next week we'll look at the year 2000, which saw TSE become super big, the Jedi moving to a new place called Temple Mere, the Jedi moving back to another place called Temple Avalon, Bromine as leader of TSE, Rama Sha having probably thre fastest promotion in roleplaying history whereby he went from disciple to warrior to lord to leader of TSE in 7 months, Atreyu creating Coruscant out of thin air, and Itala attacking 3 Jedi with 10,000 Sith warriors. Stay tuned. :)

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:06:43 AM
Just a quickie - that post above ended up getting 257 edits (or so), so if you read it you might want to read it again. Twice. Or maybe three times just to be sure. :)

CMJ
Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:37:16 PM
Great stuff!

I should post a history of BO stuff, but it's not as interesting. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:33:34 PM
Just goes to show that AB/LV isn't to be trusted. :lol

CMJ
Dec 22nd, 2005, 04:57:19 PM
I got along decently with Mara Jade back then. IIRC she told me when she was trying to infiltrate the Jedi's homebase, but made me promise not to say anything. And I didn't.

:lol :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 05:33:02 PM
Oh to go back to the time when infiltration was innocent fun. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:13:01 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Great stuff!

I should post a history of BO stuff, but it's not as interesting. :)

I wouldn't mind reading it, I think it could be interesting with the Jedi3167 fruitcake, the constant fun we got out of Jonathan, and I am sure there are other neat things like that.

Jedieb
Dec 23rd, 2005, 09:16:05 PM
You roleplayers are just plain nuts! ;)

Lady Vader
Dec 23rd, 2005, 09:41:38 PM
Just goes to show that AB/LV isn't to be trusted. :lol

Hey now! :p

I think at some point later in '99 or '00, Itala found out I was both AB and LV. Or maybe I told him. I don't remember. Anyways, he badgered me to infiltrate for him and TSC, and I basically told him to go to hell.

Yup, even though I played them both and even though they were on opposite factions, and even though I swore up and down they were two different people (which everyone as far as I know believed), and despite temptations... I remained a good girl. :angel

CMJ
Dec 23rd, 2005, 10:36:10 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I wouldn't mind reading it, I think it could be interesting with the Jedi3167 fruitcake, the constant fun we got out of Jonathan, and I am sure there are other neat things like that.

Eh, we didn't have the intrgue of the roleplayers though. Not as interesting a history to read. Now, we could reminisce about some of Jonathan's stuff. How he got banned, changed handles - rejoined, banned again...unbanned...said he'd leave volunatrily...didn't...then got banned for good.

That's about 4 and half years in 1 sentence. :smokin

He really wasn't a true troll because that implies he was just trying to get people riled up by what he posted. He seriously just had a God complex.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 24th, 2005, 04:20:45 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
Morg and Nup turned up at the same time and I think from memory they were before you. I seem to recall them turning up late 1999 / early 2000, Fewdman :-D Nope, Shawn showed up late 99/2000, I showed up early Sept. 2000. I know this because that was when I regged the Fewdman account.

Mu Satach
Dec 24th, 2005, 08:24:06 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Hey now! :p

I think at some point later in '99 or '00, Itala found out I was both AB and LV. Or maybe I told him. I don't remember. Anyways, he badgered me to infiltrate for him and TSC, and I basically told him to go to hell.

Yup, even though I played them both and even though they were on opposite factions, and even though I swore up and down they were two different people (which everyone as far as I know believed), and despite temptations... I remained a good girl. :angel

That you did. That I never saw any jedi insider info bouted about by you so, I never voiced my suspicions to anyone. That and now that I think about it, I think Itala started ragging on me to either try and talk you into spilling jedi goods or was ranting about you not spilling jedi goods to me once.

Ahhhh I loved Darth Chicken... it was so obvious it was Marcus. :lol
It amused me greatly how many times he pissed Itala off.

Lady Vader
Dec 25th, 2005, 12:08:56 AM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
That and now that I think about it, I think Itala started ragging on me to either try and talk you into spilling jedi goods or was ranting about you not spilling jedi goods to me once.

:lol!!! Now THAT I didn't know! Great stuff!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:56:56 AM
:lol I knew they were the same person before I even knew who AB was! But we Cali girls stuck together. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 26th, 2005, 04:03:37 AM
I could have sworn I already posted this, but it musn't have gone through...

Ah the good old times. Like when the BIG roleplayers actually KNEW MY NAME!

I was in such awe of Lynch, Ogre, Rama and Turbogeek. Then I got to know them all. :lol

I used to be terrified of Turbogeek and Anbira. Ogre, DAle and Sorsha also made me jumpy ^_^;

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:35:46 PM
O_o

Are you serious??? ME??

You crazy :p

But it was Dara that pointed me towards the old ezboard erm board :lol and we were just chatting in the other non-roleplaying forums.

However, it was odd coincedence that Sorsha was lurking around and posted to me saying hi, then PMed me to a link to the TSE ezboard ^^

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 26th, 2005, 02:58:52 PM
Charley never scared me, mostly because I was in the 'inner circle' of TSO by being Live Wire's apprentice.

I'll agree with the Dale and Sorsha part, until I realized that my character could be just as mean as them. ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 26th, 2005, 04:34:23 PM
O_o

I still find that extremely unbelievable ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:18:19 PM
haha - no Dale was married to Ogre, who was the most intimidating RPer when it came to fear of dying, and Sorsha was crazy evil and Dale's sister, so if not JUST for the fact that Dale fit right in with their company, she had a lot of firepower that followed her everywhere. :mneh

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:43:33 PM
now I feel :(

:p

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 26th, 2005, 05:59:14 PM
:lol I did say that she fit right in with her husband and sister. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:08:14 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Eh, we didn't have the intrgue of the roleplayers though. Not as interesting a history to read. Now, we could reminisce about some of Jonathan's stuff. How he got banned, changed handles - rejoined, banned again...unbanned...said he'd leave volunatrily...didn't...then got banned for good.

That's about 4 and half years in 1 sentence. :smokin

He really wasn't a true troll because that implies he was just trying to get people riled up by what he posted. He seriously just had a God complex.

LOL well Jonathan's history is fun to talk about heh. I remember the fight he started with buff now that was comical.

Mu Satach
Dec 27th, 2005, 05:31:09 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
I remember the day CC.net split from SWFans. Why? IT WAS MY 21ST birthday!!

I stayed. Then everyone else came back. ;)

No one could resist your charm. :)

Droo
Dec 27th, 2005, 06:35:54 PM
The only person who ever made me feel unsettled when I first started roleplaying was Julian, and that was because he had ideas above his station and I didn't know how things worked and who, if anyone, was the authority in our little roleplaying haven.

I quickly found out he was a prick and brushed him off like the tacky piece of tatt he was back then and thought nothing more of it.

As for almost all of the other big names, well, after tolerating and thusly dealing with Julian, I decided: They're American. They can prove themselves to me! :cool

CMJ
Dec 29th, 2005, 01:21:59 PM
No one could resist your charm. :)

Hey baby. ;)

Mu Satach
Dec 29th, 2005, 06:52:05 PM
Need a Butthead avatar to go with that? :)

CMJ
Dec 29th, 2005, 07:19:01 PM
C'mon it was too easy to pass up!

JediBoricua
Dec 31st, 2005, 10:15:36 AM
In April 1999 I was 15, and with a spanking new dial-up account. After setting up my first hotmail account, I went to Yahoo! or Altavista, and typed 'Star Wars'. After searching the OS, I started looking at fan sites, went to jawafortress and from there to swfans.net.

When I entered the board (which I lurked for a month or two) I remember reading some flame wars between DT and the trolls. If I'm not mistaked, I might have read the original 'Turbogeek' thread.

Anyway, my first action as an Rp'er was with Italla. I was the fourth or fith sith to join him. Let's say I wasn't the best sith out there. While campaigning for the dark side, I spent a lot of time chatting in ICQ (dear god...) with a fellow by the name of Master Yoda, who later changed to Corran_Horn. He was a jedi and convinced me to convert to the light side. I did. If I'm not mistaken I was the first 'traitor' to the sith in the boards. Once I became a Jedi I never looked back, although I still used the "Darth Boricua" name for a couple of years.

I remember receiving the email Marcus posted, and I changed to CC.net in a heartbeat. All the best Rp'ers were going, so...

Anyway I didn't return to Swfans.net until the Jedi Council in GJO decided we needed to expand. We were badly outnumbered on the boards. So I started to advertise the GJO wherever there was a Star Wars board. Atreyu recalls it better than I do. I don't even remember the year it was, or if I'm retelling the story in chronological order.

Gradually I started posting more and more at swfans.net, and so did most of the rp'ers. Then we all kinda settled here.

Of the RP days I remember fondly the great batlles I had with Darth HERA, the Jedi Temple fight that was over a thousand post long and was closed because we were destroying the board loading time, and a tournament that was organized with Marcus and other as judges. A ladder single elimination tourney was set up and I lost in the first round (after more than a year of posting, damn I suck >_< )against a sith I had never seen before, Venom was he's name (i think).

The GJO forums were fun in general. The password to the Temple Avalon was 'chewielives', as we were well within the backlash of Vector Prime and Chewie's Death. The jedi padawan training forum was great too. I am proud to have had great padawans including ReaperFett and Nupraptor.

Another great time was when space battles got popular. I registered an Admiral Ackbar account and started fighting for the New Republic. It was a crazy time, with crazy rules, including shipyards, build times, and other restrictions. I searched the Net for specs on New Republic ships, Mon Cal ships and other WMD's to unleash on the Empire.

All in all I have very fond memories of my time as an active rper. The past few years I've only been posting, irregularly, in the B.O. and the Amalgam forums, but Law School and my local fanforce (www.prjo.org) have seriously restricted my internet time.

Still it's fun to have a place like this, where I can have my smashed, pre chewed food, and remember how I had to walk 8 miles through the snow just to see Darth Turbogeek hit a sith with a frying pan.
:crack

Morgan Evanar
Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:26:56 PM
Oh man you're younger than I am. That's pretty hilarous.

Doc Milo
Jan 7th, 2006, 11:40:40 PM
LOL well Jonathan's history is fun to talk about heh. I remember the fight he started with buff now that was comical.

Ah, Jonathan...

I hated it when he posted something I tecnically agreed with (usually on content of the movies) because I didn't agree with the way he said things, or how he went about defending his point of view by pretty much ignoring and putting down any "opposition" to his point of view. I never wanted to be seen as defending that -- posting agreements with him was trickier than posting disagreements....

CMJ
Jan 8th, 2006, 12:54:53 AM
Agreed Doc. I agreed with him on movies a good percentage pf the time, but even when I did he analysis ticked me off. :p

JediBoricua
Jan 11th, 2006, 09:31:08 PM
At Morgan,

Yeah. Taking orders from a 15 yr old, who would have thought.

Doc Milo
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:33:28 PM
I remember when King Jon got on me for saying that Lord of the Rings had a heck of a lot of fans, and if the movies were made well, and stayed true, for the most part, to the books, then it would make a lot of money. He essentially told me I was a moron. I believe, "There's no way Lord of the Rings has as many fans as SW" was stated. Maybe not. But I don't think I ever said it had. Just that it had a lot of fans. Gotta love the memories....I'm debating his memory now, even as we speak. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:29:18 PM
Jon always essentially told everyone they were morons. :)

Morgan Evanar
Jan 15th, 2006, 03:33:50 PM
Jon is still an epic blowhard.

Figrin D'an
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:55:49 PM
Jon is still an epic blowhard.

Being funded by mommy and daddy indefinitely will do that.

The day will come yet when life sucker-punches him and knocks a few teeth out of his loud mouth.

Once I started ignoring him in earnest (around about 2001), my experiences around the boards became much more enjoyable.

JMK
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:54:47 AM
That kid was such a lightning rod of controversy. His problem was he took such an extreme stance on everything, and he took himself so seriously that if you disagreed with him in the least, you HAD to be some sort of idiot.

Being funded by mommy and daddy indefinitely will do that.

A truer statement has never been made. There's a picture of him on his website, surrounded by thousands of dollars in official lightsaber replicas. 22 year olds do not have that kind of jack to blow on things like that.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:00:19 PM
He just needed to get laid and discover women.

But then again, could you imagine his "HAY GUYS I GOT LAID!!!!" post?

Mu Satach
Jan 20th, 2006, 06:22:29 AM
oh dear god no... >_<

A 20 page thesis on every horrifying moment and how it was the absolute best performance of any human being on the planet or could ever hope to be... all because starwars is the best movie ever.
:x

JediBoricua
Jan 23rd, 2006, 06:04:06 PM
I'm thinking it would start something like:

"Let me just say one thing...she felt the FORCE"

;)

Mu Satach
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:10:39 PM
LOL

Mind if I steal that for something?

Atreyu
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:53:13 PM
I used to get on pretty well with Jon back in the early days - used to chat with him on ICQ and all that.

Then came his banning from CC.Net (the first one by QuiGonJ). During the discussion about it I stumbled across a post he had done on the original CC.Net ezboard about how if someone was stripped of their admin status they "should be banned as well since it would be too embarassing for them to remain hahahaha".

I posted it for a bit of a laugh, and then found myself banned from the Swamps. I managed to get myself unbanned a day or 2 later but I never really had much to do with him since.

I normally never paid him much heed. Some of his posts were just out of this world (does anybody remember how he was stating it as a 'fact' that Episode 2 would make $500 million, even though the film wasn't going to be released for another 18 months? Or the one about how it would only take the US a few hours to conquer Afghanistan, and a few months tops to conquer all of Africa?). The only time he really got to me was when I once posted that I had only seen Episode 2 once and that would probably be it. Boy, did he go off! how i was not a true fan, I had no right to admin a SW board blah blah blah blah.

I shot a strongly worded post back at him , telling him how a person like me who was currently funding his own way through university, lived 30 mins from his local town and place of work and had hefty fuel expenses, plus had all sorts of other expenses and didn't have wealthy parents to pay for everything, couldn't keep watching the SAME film again and again and again and again. He shut up after that. :)

ReaperFett
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:44:55 PM
Morg and Nup turned up at the same time and I think from memory they were before you. I seem to recall them turning up late 1999 / early 2000, Fewdman :-D
They were definately after me, and I was November or December 1999. I don't think they were that far after me though, maybe March or so?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:27:08 PM
Shawn turned up late 99 or early 2000, I turned up Sept 2000.

CMJ
Feb 23rd, 2006, 07:00:20 PM
He just needed to get laid and discover women.

But then again, could you imagine his "HAY GUYS I GOT LAID!!!!" post?

Dude, at least you guys can joke about it. I still keep in contact with the kid...I actually read about it. :x

Mu Satach
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:26:03 PM
>_<

and

:x

though, now I have a morbid curiosity about the word count of that email...

Taken all bets! 1000? 2000? or an unbelievable gorgefest of sweaty groping 5000 strokes on a keyboard!

CMJ
Feb 23rd, 2006, 08:57:13 PM
It was actulally relayed in an IM chat about a year and a half ago I think. And no, I didn't archive the conversation. :p

Mu Satach
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:30:13 PM
so was it one hour? two hours? or did you start a chat bot up to escape the horror ;)

CMJ
Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

It was just a few minutes really, if memory serves me right.

Jaime Tomahawk
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:00:08 AM
Originally posted by CMJ

It was just a few minutes really, if memory serves me right.

Wait, I'm lost... a few minutes that Jonathon got laid or.....?

CMJ
Feb 24th, 2006, 01:35:23 PM
No, that he told me about it. He felt kinda guilty about his first time.

Why again am I talking about this? o_O

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:52:04 PM
lol

Why indeed?

Anyway, doesn't everyone feel kind of guilty about their first time?

>_>
<_<
^_^;

CMJ
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:28:48 PM
lol

Why indeed?

Anyway, doesn't everyone feel kind of guilty about their first time?

>_>
<_<
^_^;

Hell no!

:smokin

Figrin D'an
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:43:02 PM
This thread makes me lol.

That is all.

:)

Mu Satach
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:38:51 PM
I don't feel guilty... I've permanently blocked the memory. :D

Jaime Tomahawk
Feb 27th, 2006, 06:36:18 AM
Originally posted by CMJ
No, that he told me about it. He felt kinda guilty about his first time.

Why again am I talking about this? o_O

Wait a moment here, I am utterly lost. Let me just get my bearings....

Let me get this straight. He told you about getting laid for the first time?!?!?! Have I understood you correctly? Am I now lead to believe a real live woman.... actually let his tower of manhood into her quivering love pudding?

I think my head's about to explode

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:55:04 AM
Mine too - that was gross Mark.

Mu Satach
Feb 27th, 2006, 10:13:51 AM
you honestly think his manhood is a tower??? ewwww

CMJ
Feb 27th, 2006, 11:49:02 AM

While I wouldn't have described it quite like that Marcus, that's exactly what I'm saying.

I don't know if he's since racked up a number. He could be a pimp daddy for all I know. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:41:24 PM

The fact that he even considered it is a bit :x

Jaime Tomahawk
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:56:37 PM

Oh now come on, dont you think that from his perspective it would be? And while he might think it towers over all, it might be the tiniest lil thing that could be mistaken for a pubic hair.

Besides, I was trying for the Mills and Boon effect and at the time I was posting, a haze of revultion at Johnathon actually getting laid was trying to strangle my brain. Hard to think in that situation :(

Mu Satach
Feb 28th, 2006, 04:03:16 PM
... I was posting, a haze of revultion at Johnathon actually getting laid was trying to strangle my brain. Hard to think in that situation :(

no arguement there... my brain refuses to accept the thought.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:15:35 PM
I'm just not touching that subject with anything. Ever.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:42:18 PM
I bet it went about as well as his experince with SUVs.

Atreyu
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:14:59 PM
After reading all that, and Marcus's comments, I think this forum will need an exorcism performed on it. Uggh :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 8th, 2006, 12:50:25 PM
I bet it went about as well as his experince with SUVs.

LMFAO

FOR REALS.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:31:53 PM
I cannot tell if you are mocking me or making another joke :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:54:32 PM
er, agreeing with you.

He rolled his SUV, right?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 8th, 2006, 03:30:43 PM
Yes he did :)

Atreyu
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:20:47 PM
Jon has an SUV?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - he posted on the Swamps not long ago that with everything he has and is paying for he would never understand how anyone could survive on $20,000 a year.

Since I earn that amount (in Australian dollars, which is less than US) and pay for uni and a home with it as well as everything else I take pride that I can surivive on my lowly pay check. :)

Mu Satach
Mar 8th, 2006, 08:40:45 PM
After taxes my little income is well under the $20 thou mark... and I'm quite happy in my little hovel. :D

CMJ
Mar 11th, 2006, 11:24:19 PM
Believe me...I live on WAY less that 20K a year. :p