PDA

View Full Version : A re-cap on Wei, and other things.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 12th, 2005, 09:31:43 PM
Just to remind myself what I was planning on doing with Wei before I left for the semester from hell, I gathered all the biographical data I had on Wei and made it into one large piece.

Here it is:

Name: Wei Wu Wei

Sex: Male

Height: 5'8''

Alliance: Jedi (though he would say differently)

Biography: Wei Wu Wei Jedi Knight who trained under Quinlan Vos. Wei Wu Wei was a child during the Jedi purge and had only begun to train under Quinlan Vos when Anakin Skywalker destroyed the Jedi. Quinlan was killed in the Jedi purge and left Wei only with rudimentary understandings of most Jedi forms, but not Form VII. Wei returned to his family's care and kept the saber his master had given him as well as his sparse Jedi training to himself. Wei lived a normal life, helping his father with his trading business at home and Wei even got married. One day he went out to run an errand and when he came back to his house he found his pregnant wife and his father dead and his mother missing. A neighbor told him what had happened and Wei went to retreive his dusty lightsaber. His mother lives in a coma and is kept by the Imperials until she wakes up, when she will be questioned for vital information Wei's father was supposed to have.

Now Wei searches for the reason why the Emperials murdered his family and also searches for what good is left in the galaxy and in himself.

Wei is a Jedi Knight, but is more of a "whiskey priest" than anything else. He is prone to certain weaknesses, such as being attracted to beautiful and seemingly innocent women. He believes there is little good left in the world and in himself. He feels the fringes of the Darkside always and doubts his ties to the Lightside and his ability to be a model Jedi. In other words, he'll be depressed, given to despair and brooding, and though he feels like a failure for not being a good enough Jedi in his mind, he will still carry on pursuing the lightside and helping others as a Jedi would. Eventually I will have him break out of this mindset and become confident in himself as a person and a Jedi. I would prefer not to have Padawans if I do this.

I intend for Wei to overcome his doubts and grow confident in his influence in the Lightside as well as his skill as a Jedi. I also intend for Wei to intensively train himself up in Lightsaber combat.

I fully intend to display Wei's brokenness and his stubborness to do better (even though he thinks he can't). As time goes on, he'll eventually break this mold , as I have said in the biography.

Here's the thing: I need ways in which to do this. Obviously I can have Wei get duped by a cute blonde who's just trying to get something out of him, have him mentally tortured by Darksiders, or just have him witness a great deal of senseless violence, but I think these things are not enough. I want to show Wei's character developing in all sorts of nuanced ways.

So, anyone got any suggestions on how to do this sort of thing? I'll ultimately come up with my own stuff, I just need to get a kick-start.

Thanks to all who offer suggestions! I can't wait to RP again!

Kyle Krogen
Dec 12th, 2005, 11:51:19 PM
How about seeing the same thing he's going through in another jedi? Kyle is going through almost exactly that same thing. Perhaps they could bump into each other and work together. You know, solve their problems as a team, or something like that. I really don't have any solid ideas or I'd be employing them with Kyle. So if you want to do anything together, just give me a jingle.

Sudoku
Dec 13th, 2005, 12:24:23 AM
Wei should go Darkside and become one of Kyashis' underlings ;)

Seriously, though, catch me on IM cos I have an idea we could do (that does not involve Kyashi ^_^; )

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 13th, 2005, 06:38:21 PM
Kyle, I agree that it would be good for Wei to run into people who are facing the same problem. Deal is, I don't want to remove the venom of his problem yet. In other words, I want Wei to suffer and feel truly alone. He's bound to have someone he hangs out with, but I still want him to feel incredibly inadequate and alone.

Kyle Krogen
Dec 14th, 2005, 12:07:27 AM
Ok, thats cool. But if you ever want to RP with Kyle, or any of my other characters, just send my a PM or catch me on AIM. Chow!