PDA

View Full Version : About this forum + official "Who has access" list (READ THIS FIRST)

Atreyu
Dec 11th, 2005, 08:38:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Most of you will have received the PM I sent a couple of weeks ago about having a get-together of all the older members of this board. But for the benefit of those who haven't (and there were plenty) I have included it below:

I've just been reading JMC's thread about CC.Net, and it has sparked off an interest in me. I've just recently been compiling up a bit of a roleplaying history of SWFans for Ceel with his whole history thingy, and in my research it has reminded me a bit about what the board(s) have been through, where we've been and come from and how things have turned out today.

Anyway, I was just curious to see (if it hasn't already been done before) whether or not we can have a little get-together somewhere, maybe a private forum someplace and just kick back and discuss the old times for a bit. I for one have grown to be a bit critical of my own time as administrator and the decisions I made and opinions I held on the direction the forum should have gone back years ago, and I would love to discuss what everyoine now thinks of everything now that over 6 years has gone by since the whole SW vs. Titanic thing.

It doesn't have to be anywhere elaborate or private. I was originally thinking the old GJO board (the 2nd one, not FoxDVD's one) but ezboard have ads galore so that might not be the best spot, but anyway ...

I realise that (especially after reading Jinn's posts) that there may be some hurt feelings lingering which I understand, so if you don't like the idea then that's ok.

Be grateful if everyone could get back to me and let me know you thoughts.

Put simply, I see this as a place for those of us who can remember back to the Elder days (circa 1999-2000).

Please use this thread to post the names of anyone you think should be allowed in here. Of course, if some would like to see some ... ahem ... younger tots in here, post their names here too. :)

***IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER***

Please note that just because someone gets proposed doesn't automatically mean they get entry - I've (unfortunately) found out since originally proposing this that there are still some bad feelings between a few members (I am hoping not too many) so please be understanding if we decline to invite someone (I'm HOPING we won't have to do that, but we'll see :\).

Needless to say, if someone proposes a name that you think will be an issue please speak up.

(also just a quick note to any mods - if you want to invite someone yourself also follow the above instructions and propose first and don't just allow them in. Thanks)

***END DISCLAIMER***

Below is a list of all usernames who have access to this forum in alphabetical order. Myself (or other mods) will update as more people get let in:

How To Use The List:
* Members with '/' indicate access for multiple usernames
* Members with '(aka. )' indicate any old usernames they were known by once upon a time (any username in brackets doesn't have access itself, even if still registered. If you want access for it please ask)

A
AmazonBabe / Lady Vader
Atreyu

B
Banestone / IG-88e

C
Charley (aka. Lounge Lizard)
CMJ

D
Dasquian Belargic / Vega Van-Derveld
DarthHERA
Darth McBain
Darth Viscera
Daiquiri
Doc Milo

E
Eve

F
Figrin D'an

G
Gav Mortis / Droo

H

I

J
JediBoricua
Jedieb
Jedi Master Carr
Jinn Fizz
jjwr
JMK (aka. Jedi Master Kyle)

K

L
Lilaena De'Ville / Sasseeri Reeouurra
Live Wire

M
Marceloi / Jaime Tomahawk (aka. Darth Turbogeek)
Master Yoghurt
Miranda Tarkin / Navaria Tarkin (aka. Dalethria)
Morgan Evanar
Mu Satach

N

O

P
Pierce Tondry

Q

R
ReaperFett

S
Shawn (aka. Nupraptor)
SWFans.Net (aka. Darth Ogre)

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

Latest Updates:
* Added Droo (Gav's alternate account)

Atreyu
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:06:39 AM
NOTE: I've just split all the comments that were here into the new official yack thread. Please use that thread for chatting about the old days and stuff and just use this thread if you want to ask for someone to be invited and the like. Thanks. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:10:08 AM
Is Mu Satach considered an oldie poster?

Atreyu
Dec 15th, 2005, 12:22:07 AM
Mu? Good heavens yes - I forgot about her! |I

Does anyone have a problem with Mu being allowed in?

Hera
Dec 18th, 2005, 10:53:11 PM
Daiquiri and Eve are as "old" as me - Can they have access?

Mu = no problem by me

ps)

D
DartHERA (Should read DarthHERA, although 'dart" kinda works too, now I look at it :))
Darth McBain
Darth Viscera
Doc Milo

Pierce Tondry
Dec 18th, 2005, 11:25:42 PM
Originally posted by DarthHERA
Daiquiri and Eve are as "old" as me - Can they have access?

Yes, get the rest of my girls in here! Peanut butter jelly time partay!

I, also, do not object to Mu.

Atreyu
Dec 19th, 2005, 03:18:54 AM
I guess Mu can be allowed in then. :)

Hollie, I think you're going to need to let Jedi Master Carr in - I got a PM from him saying he couldn't locate the forum, and since he's another mod I think that's why I haven't been able to give him access. :\

EDIT:

I'm fine with Dasq and Eve being allowed in, however I once again can't add them since they're not normal posters (at least Dasq isn't). Another job for Hollie. :p

AmazonBabe
Dec 19th, 2005, 04:53:03 PM
* AmazonBabe has just revealed to me that, after all this time, she's was also Lady Vader (WTF!?!?) so I've adjusted the list accordingly.

^_^; Sorry. I'd completely forgotten you'd missed the board-wide announcement and my subsequent board-wide panning. :o

I wonder how many more oldies don't know? :mischief

Atreyu
Dec 19th, 2005, 09:08:37 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
* AmazonBabe has just revealed to me that, after all this time, she's was also Lady Vader (WTF!?!?) so I've adjusted the list accordingly.

^_^; Sorry. I'd completely forgotten you'd missed the board-wide announcement and my subsequent board-wide panning. :o

I wonder how many more oldies don't know? :mischief
Do you still have the announcement? i'd love to see what the reaction was. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2005, 11:38:33 PM
haha oh when you PMed me about Dasq you meant DAIQUIRI, not Dasquian.

^_^; I gave Vega Van-Derveld access, aka Dasquian Belargic.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 19th, 2005, 11:44:23 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
haha oh when you PMed me about Dasq you meant DAIQUIRI, not Dasquian.

^_^; I gave Vega Van-Derveld access, aka Dasquian Belargic.

No, he meant Dasq. You see, it's a little known fact that Dav can't read.

Though now that fact is much more widely known.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 20th, 2005, 12:12:11 AM
>_< well so far today I allowed Carr, Daiquiri, Dasquian, and Eve.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 20th, 2005, 11:43:34 AM
As Morgan might say, Hoorj!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 20th, 2005, 04:03:59 PM
How about Dutchy? He still posts occaisionally. Other that I can't think of any. Most of the old timers never post here anymore and there are others, SirDizzy, I wouldn't want here (please for the love of God don't give him access :p). I know there are people like Darth 23 and Qui-gon who are oldtimers but neither really post here anymore. I think Darth stopped posting here after his run in over me moving one of his threads heh.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:25:36 PM
* AmazonBabe has just revealed to me that, after all this time, she's was also Lady Vader (WTF!?!?) so I've adjusted the list accordingly. I'm thinking you didn't bother to scruntize posts made by the accounts one after another :p

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:47:34 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I'm thinking you didn't bother to scruntize posts made by the accounts one after another :p

Believe me, he's nto the only one to miss that for a long, long time

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:57:26 PM
Surely the admins would have known.

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:42:33 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Surely the admins would have known.

I didnt and I was a Admin / mod at the time before she outed herself

CMJ
Dec 21st, 2005, 06:01:35 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
How about Dutchy?

Nooooo.

He's been a borderline troll for the last 3 years or so. He'll show up to cause a ruckus and then take off. He's too nice to be a true troll, but he definitely likes to stir crap up.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:35:23 PM
I wouldn't call him a troll but I understand why you wouldn't want to give him access. I have to admit he does rarely post here.

Lady Vader
Dec 21st, 2005, 09:54:23 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
I didnt and I was a Admin / mod at the time before she outed herself

I'm just THAT good. :p

Either that or I'm too schitzophrenic for my own good. :uhoh

Originally posted by Atreyu
Do you still have the announcement? i'd love to see what the reaction was. :)

I dunno if it's survived all this time. It's probably at the backup board? I'd have to go check...

EDIT: Unfortunately, it would appear I can't access the possible forums where the thread in question might be. I think an admin would have to do it.

Atreyu
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:12:21 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Nooooo.

He's been a borderline troll for the last 3 years or so. He'll show up to cause a ruckus and then take off. He's too nice to be a true troll, but he definitely likes to stir crap up.
Dutchy is considered a troll? :huh

Yikes, I have been gone too long. :x

Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I'm thinking you didn't bother to scruntize posts made by the accounts one after another.
Well, lets just say a little thing happened back in 1999 that caused me to think they were 2 different people. I think Marcus may have thought along the same lines as well.

But let's not go into that. :|

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Most of the old timers never post here anymore and there are others, SirDizzy, I wouldn't want here (please for the love of God don't give him access ). I know there are people like Darth 23 and Qui-gon who are oldtimers but neither really post here anymore. I think Darth stopped posting here after his run in over me moving one of his threads heh.
I have no intention of inviiting SirDizzy. After the whole mess he caused in the original Long Countdown thread, well let's just say I didn't think he'd be mature company. :)

Darth23 had a sudden whinge (to me it honestly came out of nowhere) in late 2001 when we allowed larger sig sizes and he wanted personal pics to be increased as well so he could use his old animated X-wing pic he used on ezboard. I declined, because everyone else was happy and he had not said anything for the previous 3 months or so we had been on vBulletin. He then started saying things like he didn't feel like posting anymore and stuff (even after Yog reduced his original pic's filesize for him so he could then use it).

Then there was the whole merged thread thing which JMC mentioned. I had a number of e-mails with him about that. He basically ended off saying something along the lines of that he felt the board was getting too draconian in its rules and so was leaving. ::shrug::

As for Qui, I'm fairly indifferent personally, though I am aware of some problems with other posters, so I think I'll leave him be (besides, apart from the odd post in Collecting and maybe BO he's never really had any presence here).

Hera
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:32:40 PM
Daiq/Dasq easy misread and I should have mentioned Dasq anway :)

Thanks accessing them.

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:42:08 PM

Well, lets just say a little thing happened back in 1999 that caused me to think they were 2 different people. I think Marcus may have thought along the same lines as well.

Well, I'm open to saying about it. Basicaly AB/LV did arise suspicion and was checked out quite well. IIRC, she did some good talking to convince me at least she was legit and got off. And after that no one really cared as she sold the story really well. I can guarenttee tho, she was awfully close to geting caught up in the reason we went hunting......

I have no intention of inviiting SirDizzy. After the whole mess he caused in the original Long Countdown thread, well let's just say I didn't think he'd be mature company. :)

I thought he was a permaban. No way should he be in here

As for Qui, I'm fairly indifferent personally, though I am aware of some problems with other posters, so I think I'll leave him be (besides, apart from the odd post in Collecting and maybe BO he's never really had any presence here).

I sorta remember at least one person here was friends / is friends, so I'll bite my toungue on what I think of him.

Atreyu
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:55:30 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
Well, I'm open to saying about it. Basicaly AB/LV did arise suspicion and was checked out quite well. IIRC, she did some good talking to convince me at least she was legit and got off. And after that no one really cared as she sold the story really well. I can guarenttee tho, she was awfully close to geting caught up in the reason we went hunting......
Well since Mr Turbogeek has talked ...

It was in late 1999. During a routine checkup of the allowed members list to GJO's 'Jedi Only' forum (before Temple Avalon days) an admin (I forget who, it might have even been me) noticed that 'Lady Vader' had accessed the forum.

To say we all hit the roof is an understatement. We all only knew Lady Vader as a Sith roleplayer in Itala's TSC (insert much teeth gnashing).

Further investigation revealed that she had the same IP as a Jedi member - AmazonBabe.

Long story short, AB nearly got herself permabanned over it (for infiltration) but she pleaded innocence and said she was merely good friends with LV and they had used the same computer, but she had forgotten to log LV out before she accessed the Jedi only forum. Marcus coveres the rest.

She almost got banned from SWFans as well over that too.

I thought he was a permaban. No way should he be in here.
So did I, but I noticed he's happily posting in the BO forum, so I dunno. ::shrugs::

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:04:21 PM
Admin of GJO was me, we were checking for Lady Mara Jade or Itala and some shit she or he was pulling at the time and LV came up on the access lists. Hooooo boy, you coulda heard a pin drop when we saw that.

I think it was Itala and his cronies, I remember they were keen to get access. I know LMJ infiltrated GJO before we really gave a shit and screwed us over, so that's when we got narky and were running a sweep and we were looking for Itala.

Anyway, she talked her way out of it and no one cares now. In fact, have to say we didnt really go further as we thought AB was :cool: and we didnt want to ban her. If it was Itala..... hehehehehe, we woulda burned his ass to the ground.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:21:51 PM

So did I, but I noticed he's happily posting in the BO forum, so I dunno. ::shrugs::

Well he was banned, but then for some reason (I really didn't get the gist of it) everybody that was banned before a certain date was unbanned and they gave people second chances (I am praying Jonathan never finds out about that loophole). And Dizzy asked me if he could get back in (mainly because he wants to show off his picking skills in the NFL contest and fantasy football). So far he hasn't been any major trouble just a major pain in the butt lol. He likes to rub it in when he is right or wins at something.
About Darth23 he was cool until those incidents you mentioned. I remember when Yoghurt did that for him and it didn't do any good at all. I think he just wanted to leave and didn't like the forum, I really don't know his reasoning.
Qui-Gon I liked but as you said he rarely posts anymore, he is really a CC-net poster. I think he mainly just lurks here.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:48:02 PM
After the roleplaying reset in May 2005 the current admins chose to lift the bans and provide second chances. I do not know if this covers ALL bans, or just some. There was and will be no announcements about it, so keep it to yourself. Basically if banned posters want to creep back and pretend to be someone else and be good, we'll allow it. If they mess up they're banned again.

Honestly I was pretty much O_o about it when I found out.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:20:46 AM
Yeah me too, that is why when Dizzy asked me if he could come back I went and asked in the admin forum and nobody objected to it. I haven't seen anybody else creep back in.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:14:40 AM
We try to keep an eye out through IP checks and such. :)

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:44:56 AM
So ... is Itala unbanned?

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:53:27 AM

I sooooooo hope not

Daiquiri
Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:07:29 AM
I thought everyone knew LV was AB, silly wabbits!!

Nice forum and great idea!! :)

Old folks forum, lol! ...has anyone seen my rocking chair?

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:12:52 AM
Originally posted by Daiquiri
Old folks forum, lol! ...has anyone seen my rocking chair?
It's over there. You'd see it if you had your damn thick lensed glasses on! :p

BTW, it hasn't been mentioned yet, but this forum's name comes courtesy of our old friend, Mr General Ceel:

Well aren't you just a pretty little Tyrant. When did this become the Star Wars fans old folks home?

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39737

:D

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:55:04 AM

Honestly, I don't know. I suppose I have the power to check, though. ^_^;

Well aren't you just a pretty little Tyrant. When did this become the Star Wars fans old folks home?

Ceel thinks I'm pretty! :love

:x

Daiquiri
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:16:52 AM
Ceel only adds TalkCity as info for Itala. There was a lot more going on there than just the Mozerella gang *snorts* and several excellent rpers have come from there.

(yes, I know its Marzullo...isnt it? LOL)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:14:37 PM
How about JediBoricua? I think he has been around for ages, although he hasn't been posting much lately.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:30:05 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader

I dunno if it's survived all this time. It's probably at the backup board? I'd have to go check...

EDIT: Unfortunately, it would appear I can't access the possible forums where the thread in question might be. I think an admin would have to do it.
I can't find it - what words should I search on? AmazonBabe and schizo didn't uncover it. Plus I don't know WHEN it was.

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:37:58 PM
I can't find it - what words should I search on? AmazonBabe and schizo didn't uncover it. Plus I don't know WHEN it was.
Have you tried searching for the following?

AmazonBabe
Lady Vader
same
person
OMG
WTF
fire
brimstone
chaos
Itala
monkeys
dancing
Apocalypse
Yoghurt
rasberries

... you should get something out of that surely. :)

How about JediBoricua? I think he has been around for ages, although he hasn't been posting much lately.
Thanks for that JMC - I've just added him. I'll send him a PM and hopefully he'll rock along shortly. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:59:29 PM
Gav Mortis is an oldie poster as well, now known as Droo. Oh, he's already added. Well, I haven't seen him post.

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:04:43 PM
So Gav is Droo now. Ok, I think I'm starting to finally catch up with all these name changes. :)

I PMed Gav, but under his 'Gav Mortis' name, which the PM system doesn't even give a last login date for. Maybe I should forward a copy to his Droo account.

Lady Vader
Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:05:20 PM
Honest to goodness, I think the thread in question of my Great Revelation is locked away in the back-up forum. Of cours,e if Lil has access to it and has checked, then it's a moot point.

But yeah, if not, then Ogies is the one to hit up :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:13:43 PM
what locked away back up forum??

You mean http://www.swforums.net/archive/ this one?? It isn't locked.. O_o

Mu Satach
Dec 24th, 2005, 07:58:16 PM
*hobbles in with walker*

EH?!?

I can't remember when I figured out LV and AB were the same person but I had a sneeky suspicion for quite a while. There was something very similar about the way they posted. I think someone finally confirmed it for me though... can't remember who or why.

JediBoricua
Dec 31st, 2005, 09:02:18 AM
Hey guys!

Thanks for the invite...to think I was just 15 yrs old when I started posting here.

Now where is that nurse?!? I need my sponge bath!

Atreyu
Jan 25th, 2006, 06:45:47 PM
Hi JB! Good to see you. :)

(now if only we can get some regular discussion going in here)

I've PMed Droo (aka. Gav Mortis). He was already added as having access however I don't believe I ever PMed him about it (I did PM his Gav Mortis account, but that's is still listed as unread in my PM system after a month now).

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 25th, 2006, 07:49:58 PM
Hrm I PM-ed the Droo account too, so who knows if he'll show or not. :)