PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince continued Spoilers

Wyl Staedtler
Dec 10th, 2005, 03:52:35 AM
Okay, I have a question about the latest book so I'm just putting it here. I don't own any of the books except HBP, otherwise I wouldn't have to ask.

After reading about Dumbledore dying:

Did Voldemort's minions make an Unbreakable Vow to always follow him?

If so... why the heck did Dumbledore hire Snape? My brother said that it was because everyone thought you-know-who was dead and gone and Dumbledore believes the best of people. Okay, but then how come when they knew Voldemort was back he didn't fire Snape on the spot? I mean... c'mon.

However, if not... why the heck not? He was the most powerful friggin' dark wizard ever, wouldn't it have been smart to?

I'm so confused! :( And I don't have the other books to look back in.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 10th, 2005, 09:47:15 AM
well its a mystery right now. Dumbledore trusted Snape, so either Dumbledore made a huge mistake in trusting him or there is something that we don't know about

Droo
Dec 10th, 2005, 03:13:51 PM
Snape did what he had to do. Dumbledore was done in that tower one way or another. Blowing his cover would have gotten Dumbledore and Snape killed right there and then. Instead, Snape did what Dumbledore asked him to do, and now he can best serve the memory of Dumbledore by continuing the work he started with him all those years ago. He was even instructing Harry on what he will have to do in the future in order to win when dueling other wizards just before he left. I love Snape even more now, ever since his "I AM NOT A COWARD!" outburst. HIs character has sooo much depth. Can't wait to find out more.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 10th, 2005, 03:23:34 PM
Originally posted by Droo
Snape did what he had to do. Dumbledore was done in that tower one way or another. Blowing his cover would have gotten Dumbledore and Snape killed right there and then. Instead, Snape did what Dumbledore asked him to do, and now he can best serve the memory of Dumbledore by continuing the work he started with him all those years ago. He was even instructing Harry on what he will have to do in the future in order to win when dueling other wizards just before he left. I love Snape even more now, ever since his "I AM NOT A COWARD!" outburst. HIs character has sooo much depth. Can't wait to find out more.

Well, I disagree with you :) slightly. I think Snape was playing both sides mainly because that is what he does plus he wanted to stay alive, so he had to in his opinion. He only finally sided with Voldemort when he killed Dumbledore. He made a choice and it was the easy choice, the choice to save his own life. He could have defeated all of those Death Eaters and took Malfoy and got him to turn to their side. But that was a much harder choice, for Snape to make. To me what clinches it was when I read in the beginning of HBP that he passed information that lead to the capture and murder of Emmeline Vance (pg 30). I don't think he was lying because Bella would have known that and I don't think Dumbledore would have sent Vance off as a sacrificial lamb. He just isn't that type of person. Still, I think Snape will redeem himself I think he will do something noble before he dies. But this is just my personal theory.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 17th, 2005, 10:36:49 AM
Just finished reading this. I almost shed a tear at Dumbledores funeral, especially Ron and Hermione's reactions.

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:28:25 AM
For future discussion of this book how much longer do we have to include spoiler tags? The book has been out for a while now....

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:19:48 PM
I am not sure, I hate to spoil people who won't read it and who want to see the movie when ever that comes out.

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:29:30 AM
Agree with Mr jjwr I do ...

The book has been out since July. Not only that, but look at the title of this thread. Pretty obvious that we'd be discussing ::drumroll:: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. :lol

Still, that's very considerate of you JMC. :)

However, if we have to use spoiler tags until the movie comes out, we'd be stuck doing so for another 3 years (isn't it due out at the end of 2008 or something? - assuming they make it at all).

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 22nd, 2005, 05:56:56 PM
Its 2008, and I think the success of GOF assures this series gets finished. OOTP will get started next year and somebody is already started on a script for HBP. How about a compromise I can rename the thread and put spoilers in it. That way we can discuss away.

Atreyu
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:46:55 PM
That should work. :)