PDA

View Full Version : First pics of X-Men 3

Shawn
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:08:03 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

Pictures of Beast and Angel, so don't click if wary of spoilers.

A teaser trailer is supposed to go online later today.

Tarsis
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:32:55 AM
Well I'm impress with Beast, but I was expecting a bit more for Angel. Oh well, it's good nonetheless. Make me really want to see the movie though which is a good think I suppose, lol.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:00:43 AM
Wow. You'd never guess that behind all the make-up Beast was Kelsey Grammar! The X-Men movies just keep getting better :)

Rutabaga
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:04:42 AM
Beast looks great, but I think how good Angel looks won't be known for sure until we actually see him on the big screen. And they've given Halle Berry yet another new hairstyle, eh? :rolleyes

jjwr
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:35:07 AM
Excellent! Beast looks great, if I didn't know it was Grammar in there then I don't think I could tell who it was, definetly captures the look perfectly. Angel looks perfect as well, thats exactly how he looked before he became Archangel.

Sadly Storm is also present :(

JMK
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:40:26 AM
The pics look great.

Yeah Storm is still around, but I think her role will be much reduced in this one. Does anyone like her?

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:06:29 AM
No. I hated her in the comics, in the cartoon, and in the movies. She's such a horrible character.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:06:56 AM
I never liked Storm in the cartoons. She was always too preachy and motherly for my liking.

Oddly I have dreamt that I was Storm :uhoh

JMK
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:47:57 AM
She's a total wet blanket...and her power stinks.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:52:07 AM
I like playing her in the X-Men Legends game. :uhoh Chain lightning owns.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:15:28 AM
The Storm hairstyle is out of the comics. I can't remember what year though. I heard she might have a bigger role but am not sure about that. Also Beast looks great, good makeup job there. Angel looks like I would have though but we will have to see him fly to really see what he looks like.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:58:55 AM
I hope Beast does more than sit in prison through the entire movie :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 5th, 2005, 11:39:49 AM
From what I've heard, I"m really not looking forward to this movie. I just hope what I've heard is totally wrong.

Wyl Staedtler
Dec 5th, 2005, 01:07:41 PM
Hey! Ben Foster! Right on!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 01:21:54 PM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
From what I've heard, I"m really not looking forward to this movie. I just hope what I've heard is totally wrong.
I guess you mean the rumor death of characters. Although, at this point who knows what will happen in the movie. The script has gone through three rewrites (one during filming). So at this point anything could happen.

Jedieb
Dec 5th, 2005, 01:28:29 PM
The number of rewrites and the departure of Singer have me a bit worried. I don't know if I'll be catching this in theaters or DVD.

Mu Satach
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:26:24 PM
damn - after all the comments about the hair style I was expecting to see the mohawk Storm sported in the comics in the late 70's/early 80's. ;)

Storm's not my favorite, but I like her. There's not an X-men character I don't like. And I like Halle Berry, I think she's caught a lot of flack for crap that's not entirely her fault.

Shawn
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:41:39 PM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
Storm's not my favorite, but I like her. There's not an X-men character I don't like. And I like Halle Berry, I think she's caught a lot of flack for crap that's not entirely her fault. As I recall, she refused to do the second movie unless she was given more screen time, and initially refused to do the third because she felt like she still didn't have enough. I guess she wanted the X-Men movies to be all about her.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:43:05 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
As I recall, she refused to do the second movie unless she was given more screen time, and initially refused to do the third because she felt like she still didn't have enough. I guess she wanted the X-Men movies to be all about her.

Also, Catwoman.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:44:33 PM
>_< ack saying that movie makes me want to vomit

which is true.. since I am sick

damn you!! : angry fist :

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:15:36 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
The number of rewrites and the departure of Singer have me a bit worried. I don't know if I'll be catching this in theaters or DVD.

Being an X-Men fan I will go see. Rewrites don't bother me so much, Spiderman 2 had like 3 and that turned out fine.

Crystal
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:33:13 PM
I'm really impressed with how Beast looks. I didn't think they could ever make him look right. I thought the voice is right on, though.

Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Oddly I have dreamt that I was Storm :uhoh

When I was young, I used to have a reoccurring dream about being Rouge and flying around with Storm. There was a tricycle outside of a mall we were flying around and it was on a huge pedestal for some reason. Maybe it was an omen from the Tricycle God.

I guess she wanted the X-Men movies to be all about her.

Maybe all she just wanted another random topless shot like in Swordfish! I really don't like her.

Akrabbim
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:51:40 PM
I just hope they bring in Colossus, and Bobby goes full Iceman.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:57:41 PM
More Kurt Wagner & Kitty Pryde!!! and Lockheed!!!

Yurza Magus
Dec 5th, 2005, 05:22:35 PM
Originally posted by Sorsha Kasajian
More Kurt Wagner & Kitty Pryde!!! and Lockheed!!!

I'm all for more Kitty! But yes those two diffinently are looking awesome.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 06:37:51 PM
Its up here
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/large.html

It looks very good a lot of action from the trailer.

Droo
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:01:31 PM
I can't seem to get this trailer working in Mozilla or IE. I don't have a clue why since I've never had problems with Quicktime before.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:07:39 PM
No idea, although it took a few attempts for it to work for me. I got a blank white screen and I finally clicked on it and it started.

JMK
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:19:03 PM
Doesn't work for me either.

Shawn
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:20:15 PM
Try just going to http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/ and manually picking which one you want. I did this anyway so I could get the 720p trailer.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:56:07 PM
wish I could get those high definition ones, I can't because I don't have Quicktime 7.

JMK
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:56:29 PM
I had to upgrade to Quicktime 7.0, that's why it wasn't working.

That said, what we've seen looks great so far. I'm almost more anxious for the Wolverine movies that are supposed to take place after X3 concludes the X-Men series.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:07:12 PM
I guess I have QT 7. I wonder why the HD ones don't work for me. They come on but come very slow with the audio not with the video. About the trailer First, I wouldn't be shocked if there was a X4 honestly . Another thing I wonder whose funeral that was in the trailer? I have a bad feeling for Cyclops and Xavier as it looks like both could die in the movie. Cyclops I still have a feeling will live but who knows. Looks Phoenix is going to Dark Phoenix siding with Magneto and his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I wonder what big muties are in that bunch. I saw Pyro, Juggernaut, and Calisto. I heard rumors about Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Omega Red, and Avalanach all being in the movie.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:32:42 PM
I think I know something now That is probably Jean's funeral considering Wolverine has flowers in his hand.

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:32:28 PM
FASTBALL SPECIAL!!!!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:38:58 PM
Heh yeah I saw that, that was cool.

Jedieb
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:08:02 PM
It looked pretty good. Should only get outgrossed by Supes by about $100M. :evil

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:09:56 PM
LOL now that is cruel, X3 should do over 200 million could outgross X2. Hard to say right now. I actually think Superman will do about 250.

Jedieb
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:33:49 PM
Just havin' some fun. ;) If done right, Superman could have Spiderman type grosses. The first 2 had monster grosses and you could adjust the Donner Superman for more than $350M. So, it's got an outside shot at $300M.

Darth McBain
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:49:39 PM
Wow nice. I knew this was in development for a while and I kinda forgot about it. Beast looks awesome. I don't know much about Angel, but I tend to agree with some of the other comments that they could have done a better job. Still looks good though, and I'm sure post-production will help...

ReaperFett
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:55:32 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Just havin' some fun. ;) If done right, Superman could have Spiderman type grosses. The first 2 had monster grosses and you could adjust the Donner Superman for more than $350M. So, it's got an outside shot at $300M.
I really don't know about Superman. I really think it could struggle to hit $150m as easily as it could outgross Spider-Man.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2005, 01:20:06 AM
Wow I am excited about this movie again! I thought for a few weeks there that they wouldn't even be able to get it off the ground - but it might actually be decent. :)

Storm's hair looks blue, though :uhoh

jjwr
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:35:11 AM
I haven't seen the trailer yet but my biggest worry is too many characters and not enough time for them all. Its neat to see them in the background but you want some screen time for the big boys. To me thats why Storm should have been dumped, she played such a small role in the other two so why bring her back?

I personally feel they should have focused on...

Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Beast, Angel & Colossus and give very small roles to Rogue & Iceman.

Droo
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:41:12 AM
The HD trailers actually worked fine for me. They opened in an actual Quicktime program whereas the others must've been using some sort of script which my computer doesn't yet have... or something. Anyways, I don't really know what to think about this, it's so easy to get excited over it and partly, I am - who wouldn't be what with returning to those great characters played by some fine fine actors? On the other hand, I'm dubious. As much as I am overjoyed with Bryan SInger working on Superman Returns, I really do wish he'd been the one to finish this series and I don't exactly have faith in the new team.

As for Superman and the box office, I have no idea how it will do, to be honest the figures don't really interest me because having been following the production of this film I can safely say this will be a film I will love and cherish. There are times when I know I will love a movie, ie. in recent memory, Batman Begins and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and my instincts are always right. I will love Superman Returns. That said, I would really like to see it do well at the box office because it would be nice to know that many others have appreciated the film too, and more specifically the character, that and it would secure the safety of Superman's future on the silver screen

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 6th, 2005, 09:36:30 AM
Well Nightcrawler isn't in the movie. They cut his character way before production started. I think they are subbing Beast for Nightcrawler.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2005, 09:52:55 AM
;) Too many blue characters, probably.

Jedieb
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:14:48 AM
Beast looks great IMO. I wish the trailer would have had some lines of dialogue. Kelsey Grammer has the PERFECT voice and delivery for the character. That was some spot on casting.

Akrabbim
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:33:16 AM
I hate they lost Nightcrawler. And who's Lockheed? I'm a BIG fan, but I still can't remember him.

And am I the only one what wants Gambit?

And... FASTBALL SPECIAL!!!!!! ROCK!!!!

Droo
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:46:38 AM
Originally posted by Akrabbim
I hate they lost Nightcrawler.

That was their first mistake. Aside from not having Singer onboard. Nightcrawler, particularly as played by Alan Cumming, is awesome and not having him return to the series is a travesty. Damnit! :cry

JMK
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:14:03 AM
It sucks that he won't be around. I HATE when a series of movies introduces a character, only to have him or her inexplicably absent in the next movie(s). It's totally stupid to not work in some sort of explanation. I hope it's at least mentioned in X3.

Darth McBain
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:26:43 AM
Originally posted by JMK
It sucks that he won't be around. I HATE when a series of movies introduces a character, only to have him or her inexplicably absent in the next movie(s). It's totally stupid to not work in some sort of explanation. I hope it's at least mentioned in X3.

I agree. While I think this is going to be cool, I think it will suffer from having too many characters and too little development.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 6th, 2005, 12:04:01 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Well Nightcrawler could be off at a monestary and they might mention it and live at that.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 6th, 2005, 12:11:29 PM
I agree. While I think this is going to be cool, I think it will suffer from having too many characters and too little development.

just like marvel comics treat the X-men currently (though that has change recently with House of M and only around 200 mutants left)... when they have good ideas... just too many mutants all over the place

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 6th, 2005, 12:16:04 PM
I saw that storyline, of course it is not as bad as the whole onslaught thing, now that was truly dumb.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 6th, 2005, 12:22:01 PM
Originally posted by Droo
That was their first mistake. Aside from not having Singer onboard. Nightcrawler, particularly as played by Alan Cumming, is awesome and not having him return to the series is a travesty. Damnit! :cry

As cool as Nightcrawler is, I'd rather have Beast.

Grev Drasen
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:14:44 PM
If that's Juggernaut I saw I don't know if I like him yet.

Droo
Dec 6th, 2005, 05:22:35 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
As cool as Nightcrawler is, I'd rather have Beast.

Agreed. Especially with that inspired casting but I'd rather have both, and jib off Storm.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 6th, 2005, 05:37:02 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I guess you mean the rumor death of characters. Although, at this point who knows what will happen in the movie. The script has gone through three rewrites (one during filming). So at this point anything could happen.

Yea, that's exactly what I'm fearing, plus the consequences. I have a feeling that funeral in the trailer is either Cyclopse's or X's... since I don't think I saw either one in that scene. X's face looks like it's in pain in that one shot, and the rotating of Cyclopse's shades in front of Wolverine? Yea... If those two die, and Jean is the Dark Pheonix, who are they going to have lead the X-men? Wolverine and Storm. I have this bad feeling that Storm's role is going to be larger in this installment. :(

Rutabaga
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:28:13 PM
I had to upgrade to QuickTime 7, but boy, was it worth it. This is a great trailer, I was already looking forward to this movie, but this has just heightened my excitement even more :) :) :).

Kelsey Grammar as Beast was an inspired stroke of genius casting, and I love his look, they got him just right. And boy, Cyclops definitely looks like he's going to be working through major rage over Jean's supposed death...and I can't wait to see her full resurrection in Dark Phoenix mode :) :) :).

I will miss Nightcrawler, though...he was one of the best parts of X2.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:55:35 PM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
Yea, that's exactly what I'm fearing, plus the consequences. I have a feeling that funeral in the trailer is either Cyclopse's or X's... since I don't think I saw either one in that scene. X's face looks like it's in pain in that one shot, and the rotating of Cyclopse's shades in front of Wolverine? Yea... If those two die, and Jean is the Dark Pheonix, who are they going to have lead the X-men? Wolverine and Storm. I have this bad feeling that Storm's role is going to be larger in this installment. :(

I think the funeral is now a memorial for Jean, post X2. I base that on the fact Wolverine is placing flowers at the grave. I don't see him doing that with Xavier or Cyclops really. I also have read some stuff on the X3 boards suggesting that to be the case.

Sudoku
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:26:37 PM
Originally posted by Akrabbim
And who's Lockheed? I'm a BIG fan, but I still can't remember him.

Isn't he Kittys' pet dragon?

I'd have to say I hate Cyclops and Jean the most out of all the X characters :| I tried to watch X1 when it was on tv, but mneh.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:36:23 AM
No way could they have Cyclops or Xavier die. It's obviously Jeans funeral.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:41:02 PM
Well I could see Xavier dying if it is a sacrifical act or something. The same goes for Magneto.

Shawn
Dec 8th, 2005, 04:54:45 AM
Got some more pics. I'm not going to post links to all of them, but you can change the numbers at the end of the url to see the rest. They go from 01-16.

http://www.x3movie.com/announcement-teaser/gallery/G_01.swf
http://www.x3movie.com/announcement-teaser/gallery/G_02.swf
http://www.x3movie.com/announcement-teaser/gallery/G_03.swf
http://www.x3movie.com/announcement-teaser/gallery/G_15.swf
http://www.x3movie.com/announcement-teaser/gallery/G_16.swf

JMK
Dec 8th, 2005, 08:10:55 AM
#15 - weird, but I'm looking forward to it.

jjwr
Dec 8th, 2005, 08:37:42 AM
The Colossus doesn't quite look right in that picture, still looking forward to him in action though.

JMK
Dec 8th, 2005, 08:51:36 AM
Exactly...he was going to look weird in any real life adaptation. It's much easier to make him look believable in cartoon or in comic.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:53:13 AM

I completely agree. :)

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:39:31 AM
No fuzzy elf??? Bah, count me out. :(

Akrabbim
Dec 8th, 2005, 11:45:27 AM
My question is, is Iceman going to ice up? And who was that in #11? And how about #7?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 8th, 2005, 06:19:42 PM
7 is Calhasto, she was an acoylate of Magneto at one point. I completely forget what her powers are. 11 is Kitty Pryde or Shadowcat.

Mu Satach
Dec 8th, 2005, 08:44:37 PM
As I recall, she refused to do the second movie unless she was given more screen time, and initially refused to do the third because she felt like she still didn't have enough. I guess she wanted the X-Men movies to be all about her.

That's Hollywood business. She's won an Oscar, is running out of time before she becomes too "old" for good female rolls and the X-Men is a major money making franchise. That she's playing hardball with the suits isn't reason enough for me to *dislike* her.

And as for the film that we all loath with every fiber of our being
I don't see anyone roasting the Writer and the rewriters, the Director or the Producers over it who are in my opinion much more responsible for that piece of tripe.

Ultimately, I didn't like or dislike Halle Berry one way or the other until last Feburary when she became the first actress to show up and accept her Worst Actress Razzie for said performance in tripeville.

She mocked herself, parodied her Oscar acceptance speech, & told her agent "Next time, read the script first."

A picture of her accepting the award is the main banner at the official site. http://www.razzies.com

That took a lot of moxie and that's what I like about Halle Berry.

Plus, good god, she at least had the sense to turn down Gigli. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:10:24 PM
LOL that is true that took a lot of moxie on her part. I really don't hate her, I have no problems with her honestly.

JMK
Dec 9th, 2005, 07:36:43 AM
I don't have a problem with Halle Berry either, just the characters she portrays in comic adaptations. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 9th, 2005, 09:52:04 AM
The other girl picture (# 11?) is Kitty Pryde. If you go to the X3 site and to the gallery they are all labeled.

jjwr
Dec 9th, 2005, 10:58:10 AM
I don't mind Halle at all, she's been great in a lot of roles. I just dislike the Storm character and didn't feel it had done enough to warrant a big part in this movie.

As for the funeral After watching the trailer I went through it frame by frame and I'm not seeing a Wheel Chair anywhere and on the closeup of the X-Men sitting in line you see all the main ones, Beast, Colossus, Rogue, Iceman, Wolvie but no Cyclops or Charlie. It shows someone laying down flowers and its a womans legs so either Rogue or Jean, I have a feeling we're seeing part of the ending and someone does in fact die.

Possibly a change in the Phoenix Mythos? In the comics after going Dark she sacrificed herself, what if this time the Sacrifice is Cyclops and by the end she's back to normal?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 9th, 2005, 02:12:53 PM
Well I would say it would be more likely Xavier, as for Cyclops who knows at this point, I do know at in an early script he was suppose to die in the beginning or something like that but that I think has been changed.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 11th, 2005, 05:19:07 AM
According to discussion that's been going on at SomethingAwful, people seem to think that both Cyclops and Xavier die... that it's Xaviers funeral, and that Cyclops isn't present because he's already dead at that point.

whaaaat is going on :huh

Shawn
Dec 11th, 2005, 05:35:20 AM
From my understanding, there's an old leaked script where those characters die. I'm not putting much stock in it, though.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 12th, 2005, 11:56:30 AM
Yeah it isn't clear how legit that old script is. Some think Fox leaked it to see the reaction of X-Men fans or that it was an old changed script anyways, so who know what happens in the movie at this point.