PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts of our past (Complete)

Zereth Lancer
Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:21:58 PM
<center>
Here without you
Three Doors down

A hundred days had made me older
since the last time that I've saw your pretty face

A thousand lights had made me colder and I don’t think I can look at this the same

But all the miles had separate
They disappear now when I’m dreaming of your face

I’m here without you baby
but your still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
and I dream about you all the time
but your still with me in my dreams
And tonight it’s only you and me

The miles just keep rollin
as the people either way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
but I hope that it gets better as we go

I think about you baby
And tonight girl it’s only you and me

Everything I know,
and anywhere I go
it gets hard but it won’t take away my love
And when the last one falls,
when it’s all said and done
it get hard but it won’t take away my love

I think about you baby
And tonight girl it’s only you and me </center>

Had he really avoided it so long? Was he really afraid to go inside? Did he really believe a ghost or some other monstrosity waited for him inside? Never had he feared the work of men or gods. Death had no hold on him. He was death’s servant, why would he fear his master? But then why was it that this room filled him with such fear? Was it his memories that played this cruel act on him, or his emotions? He had long ago forced his emotions into the pit of his being, never would they surface, never would he need them. But he had been wrong. It had fallen in love with the raven hailed Jezreal Darkshard, and her with him. They had remained together for a year. Everyone commented on their surprise when they heard of the odd couple. But then the empire killed her. She had been beaten down, crushed, and killed. Her likeness was engraved on the lid of her sarcophagus, but he had never ventured down to depths of the crypt to see it. He was too afraid to go down and pay his respects to the woman he had loved. He was afraid his emotions would surface again. Instead he ventured to the place he feared most, a place where his nightmares took place, and his head was filled with the images he couldn’t forget…

He stood before the door. Dust covered the control panel and his many things littered the floor outside the door. It was their room… He had not had the strength to open and look inside and instead slept in the hallway outside the door, knowing that one day he would have to open the door someday and someday soon. Today was that day.

He pressed a button on the control panel and the door shrieked as it slowly opened. Before his stretched utter darkness, unpenetrable by the light from the hallway. Did he hear something? It sounded like a groan in the dark. No, it was just his imagination. Instead of walking in he used the force to activate the lights and nothing happened. He grumbled and walked into the darkness and pressed the light switch. He smacked it with is fist when it refused to activate and the lights finally came on. He turned and took a step back. It was just the way he remembered it. His cloths lay scattered around the floor, a bookcase full of books occupied most of one wall, and various weapons where scattered around. A thick layer of dust had settled down on their large bed like fallen snow. But what really frightened Zereth was the picture that sat on his work bench. It showed Zereth and Jezreal in their vacation, of sorts, to Naboo. He was sitting on a bench amid a array of bright flowers and green bushes. Jezreal sat next to him, her hand wrapped around his. Zereth tore his eyes from the picture and stumbled out of the room and leaned against the wall, breathing hard. Perspiration dripped down his forehead and his eyes where wide. He pressed his back against the wall and slid down it to the floor. He buried his face in his hands and did his best to hold back the sobs that wanted to flow free.

Zereth Lancer
Dec 7th, 2005, 12:22:45 AM
An eternity went by, and still he sat there in the hallway, a wounded beast sulking over its wounds while cowering from the source. It watched the doorway with tear stained eyes, never looking away, never blinking. Ever watching, never sleeping. How long it sat there none knew. Many went by unnoticed by the eyes of the watcher. One could wonder what was going on inside the head of the watcher. In his mind floated images of her and the moments they had shared together. The mighty wall that had held the memories back lay crumbled upon the mental floor and the thoughts ran rampant throughout his mind. But slowly he rounded them up, one by one, and set in place and built an even greater wall to seal them away, this time for eternity.

Zereth rose from his feet, wiping the tears from his face and then strolled back into the room. He stood in the center of the room and stretched his arms out. In a flash of movement all of Jezreal’s things rose from their places and piled up neatly on the bed. A large chest was picked up out of the corner and set down next to the bed. The lid of the chest opened up and the pile on the bed was thrown inside. The lid closed and the locking bolt clicked as it slid into position.

Zereth exhaled the breath he had been holding since he entered. “I think I got everything…” He paused and looked down. There hanging from his belt next to his own lightsabre hilt was Jezreal’s sabre hilt; it was silver hilt with gold bands while his own was extra long for easier two-handed fighting and was black with a single silver band near the emitter. He opened the chest once more and placed the lightsabre inside and closed and locked it once more. The chest floated into the air and followed Zereth has he walked out of his room and towards the crypt. Once there he stored the chest behind Jezreal’s sarcophagus. He stood there for a time, starring at the richly adorned coffin, before finally saluting and turning ‘round and leaving the crypt. It was a victory, for sure. He had conquered his fear and finally let her go. If only he knew the truth…