PDA

View Full Version : Come out and play (Naria)

Yurza Magus
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:14:45 AM
Yurza walked in front of Naria as they exited the temple's inner sanctum and walked into the rain and thunder that was outside. Perfect weather, the Sith thought as he stopped and turned to regaurd the girl behind him.

Naria seemed fair to him, but he knew that looks could be decieving. Either way, when he was done with her, then few would dare to face her in combat. He finished one more scan of her body and nodded. He knew just the style of fighting that would be of most use to her, but ultimately it was her choice.

"Before we begin, do you have any training in any martial arts?"

Naira Cross
Dec 1st, 2005, 03:27:52 PM
Naira walked out side, into the rain, and thought to herself. This will certainly make things interesting. Yurza had stopped and was looking over her, assessing her strength from a momentary look. One final glance and then Yurza asked, "Before we begin, do you have any training in any martial arts?"

“Well my previous trainers never stayed for very long. I have the most training in boxing, kendo, and a little knowledge of jujitsu, but I’m willing to learn what you think would benefit me the most.”

She pulled her hair in to a bun to keep it out of her eyes, in preparation for her first lesson

Yurza Magus
Dec 1st, 2005, 03:42:50 PM
Yurza nodded and held his hand out towards the doors to the temple. "Tonight, you'll only go back through those doors if I allow it, or I can not stop you."

He brought his hand back and wiped his wet hair from his eyes and smiled. The rain would muddy the ground and the chill in the air would stiffen her movements, but should someone learn to fight in the worst of conditions, then they could fight anywhere.

"Your first lesson is to use your greatest weapon, if you know what it is..." Yurza said with a smile. He pulled his fists into a classic boxing pose. He also shifted his weight slightly to his left side, his weak side. He would see what she was made of before putting his all into the fight.

Naira Cross
Dec 1st, 2005, 04:11:45 PM
“That shouldn’t be too difficult.”

In response to Yurza, Naira also took a boxing pose. In her mind, her strength was speed, but she had yet to be tested to her limits. She also had a mean right hook.

Wanting to test the waters, Naira took the first shot, a right hook, her favorite punch. She spun her hips and shoulder in the move and extended her deceivingly slender arm towards his jaw…

Yurza Magus
Dec 1st, 2005, 11:08:11 PM
Yurza moved ever so fluidly, sidestepping into the attack and brought his left forearm up to block the move and came in with an uppercut with his right fist. He stopped just before connecting, though he did contact enough that she would feel a slight bump. He had to admit that her speed was impressive for someone not using the Force, but for someone that was, well she might as well have been swimming in molasses.

"You'll have to do better than that."

Naira Cross
Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:18:47 PM
“Ok, so it might be a little difficult.” She said taking a step back.

Naira realized that if she was to walk back through the doors into the Temple, she’d have to step it up. He wasn’t the regular fiend on the street, he was Sith. She’d have to use the Force. Having only tapped into the Force when facing the most wicked of her enemies, it was still somewhat new to her.

Trying again, she advanced with a series of jabs aimed at his chest, this time feeling the Force flow through her body to increase her speed.

Yurza Magus
Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:02:53 PM
While Yurza was suprised by her increase of speed, he still didn't let her get near enough. He stepped back into the Force and felt the vibrations of her energy flowing outwards.

His hands came but with blinding speed and he deflected every blow and when the last one was landed, he stepped in past her arm and used the tips of his fingers to push her back, using just enough force to where there would be bruises for atleast a few hours. "Care to tell me how I did that?"

Naira Cross
Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:26:42 PM
Slightly out of breath and coming to a stop, Naira said, “Luck.” Swallowing her pride and taking some time to regain her composure, she restated with a serious answer of “Concentration, the Force, possibly both.”

Yurza Magus
Dec 4th, 2005, 02:06:33 AM
"Good. I see you have some potential atleast, and judging from the increase of speed just a moment ago some skill with the Force, but you are only allowing it to help in one area. Why not try another?"

Naira Cross
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:27:25 PM
“I’ll try but given the lack of any formal training, I don’t have that much control of it. Anything about the Force that I’ve learned, I’ve had teach myself, and that was difficult. But like I said, I’ll try.”

Naira began again, concentrating on the Force and willing it to not only increase her speed but the strength of her hits as well. This time she struck outward with a right hook followed by more jabs.

Yurza Magus
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:27:28 AM
Yurza smiled as he put his palm up to block the right hook and moved back from the following attacks. "Much better, but you are missing something as well. The reason that I am moving from your attacks is because I know what you will do just before and sometimes as you are thinking of an attack."

He stopped for a moment letting the revelation sink in before continuing. "It is a trick that all Force users have, though some are more refined that others. Have you ever had a sense that something was going to happen before it did?"

Naira Cross
Dec 5th, 2005, 02:47:40 PM
“Yeah, on more than one occasion. I always figured it to be déjà vu or that I was cursed from all those years living in a church but now looking back, I realize that it was the Force. How do you ‘refine’ that skill so that it can be used to your advantage?”

Yurza Magus
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:10:23 PM
"By simply living in the moment. Feel out your surroundings and note everything there. When something changes you'll know it. You will be able to tell whether it is harmful or good. It takes a long time because you have to learn to live in the moment, but the more you do, the more it will come to you second nature."

"When it comes to other beings, it's a little more complicated. You have to be able to read them through their thoughts and emotions. For someone such as me, a person with focused mental power it would be nearly impossible to read my thoughts. But just nearly. A skilled fighter would just read my body movements instead. So you see there are many variables to this danger sense, but once you learn it you will find that it is simple, but not easy."

Naira Cross
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:40:18 PM
“Well nothing is ever easy.” Naira said. She stood there for a moment listening to his advice and practicing it. Looking around, and feeling the rain fall on her skin, the only thing that she noticed was that the rain began to fall harder. Then again Yurza had said that it takes time, but at least she was practicing.

After taking in her surroundings for a brief amount of time Naira looked up and said, “So basically, just pay attention.” She took her stance again, concentrating and focusing. Naira advanced, noting his movements. She watched as he blocked all of her punches, but then she did something she had not done before. She swung her leg round and up to the height of his face...

Yurza Magus
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:25:12 PM
Yurza moved with her and when she brought her leg up to his face, he brought his hand up and caught it. He twisted his body across his leg to bring his forearm out in a roundhouse punch. He only wondered if she would be able to block it this time.

Naira Cross
Dec 5th, 2005, 05:30:48 PM
Using the force to sense his movements and feeling them through her leg she was able to block it, much to her surprise. When Yurza released her leg she said, “So paying attention does work.”

Yurza Magus
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:50:48 PM
"It does on the occassion. But how well do you feel you paid attention?" As he spoke, Yurza raised a small rock into the air behind Naria and used the Force to fling it at her.

Naira Cross
Dec 6th, 2005, 06:41:43 PM
“Better than you think.” Naira said, as she side stepped the stone. “Care to try again?” She took her stance again but this time she waited for him to advance and she would be on the defense.

While she didn’t think that she would be able to last very long, her determination made her willing to try.

Yurza Magus
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:59:01 PM
Yurza nodded and shrugged his shoulders a few times to loosen up and then before he was finished his third shrug, he dropped to a knee, sweeping his leg under Naria. He she dodged, the Sith warrior already planned on uppercutting her from underneath if she lost her gaurd.

Naira Cross
Dec 8th, 2005, 05:13:26 PM
Taken by surprise when Yurza’s leg swept below her to knock her feet from under her, Naira jumped over just in time. She landed and Yurza was rising to his feet, making his next move. Naira wasn’t quick enough this time to miss the uppercut. She stumbled backwards, paused, and then came toward him.

Throwing a roundhouse punch and a few jabs, Naira was concentrating on what he had said, paying attention to her surroundings, his movements and the Force that she was using to enhance her fighting.

Yurza Magus
Dec 9th, 2005, 09:08:41 AM
Yurza nodded with approval as he moved, blocking at all of her attacks. "Very good, but you aren't good enough. The tide keeps changing unless you have the power to make it do otherwise."

He caught one punch and stepped to the right, twisting her wrist and flipping her to the ground. "Now. Take back the offensive."

He raised his leg and brought it down in line with her face. He knew she would block it, but he wasn't going to relent till she made him.

Naira Cross
Dec 11th, 2005, 06:46:59 PM
Naira hit the ground with a surprisingly deep thud for a girl of her size. Yurza drew his leg back and brought it back down towards her face.

Instead of moving out of the way she grabbed hold of his foot and gave a forceful twist causing his knee to buckle and his body to crash to the ground. Rolling back and placing her hands on the ground above her shoulder, Naira pushed and rose up off the ground. She landed with bent knees and a renewed sense of ambition.

Racing over to where Yurza lay, she brought her leg back and gave a strategically place kicked to his ribs, and continued on her rampage.

She had just begun.

Yurza Magus
Dec 13th, 2005, 02:38:49 AM
Yurza reached over and grabbed her leg, pulling it forward and over him. The end result was her lying on her back. He smiled as he brought his legs up and twisted them, using the momentum to bring him to a crouch.

"You have the anger and passion, but it is going uncontrolled. Give it a direction and use it."