PDA

View Full Version : Bittersweet Sanctity

Serithia
Nov 28th, 2005, 05:23:47 PM
Dreams seemed to occur more often now, lulling her away from reality to bestow pleasant visions or crippling nightmares to her over worked mind. Each thought, every breachable gap, showing her his face as though he would some day appear before her again. Then she recalled, most disdainfully, the death of her parents which led to their separation.

"Hadrian.."

The name escaped her lips as she dreamed, her body turning as though she were truly back home, safe in her bed. Mother was there to tuck her in, father away with business, brother there to sing her to sleep. A tender smile formed on her lips and a content sigh escaped them before long.

Another beautiful let down clamped down on her mind as she realized that her standby mode had been shaken out of stillness. It was time to wake up and face the day, whether it be good or no. The smile gave way to a sour line and her eyes opened, squinting to read loading text and system checks.

"Helios...?" Another name, this one spoken in question, her hands pressing against the front of the strong tank that held her. The metallic shield lowered, as did the loading screen inside her helmet, and revealed to her the room which had been chosen for her to stay in. It never did seem to change. She doubted it ever would. Another sigh escaped her, this one laced with doleful boredness.

"Helios..?" She repeated, the pressure forced through her finger tips straining against the thick glass-like material that made up the tank.

Helios
Dec 8th, 2005, 06:28:43 PM
"Hadrian.."
____
He was always on her mind, despite the young age at which they had been forced to part from one another. Even now, she prays that he would find her and take her from here. From me.

Naturally, I am quite jealous of the fop, this older brother that she cherishes above all else. Just watching such heart warming reverse and onslaught record of the past, verily sickening. Heart felt. Poor planning and an early death cost me such a trivial organ. As if it was needed. Such a thing disillusioned frail beings and broke with the slightest pressure or hindering word. A fragile, throbbing mistake, it was. It, often being confused with a shallow circulation of besotted emotions, replacing the realistic flow with flowers and fluff. I now understand the concept of suicide. Why would anyone want to be dragged through such torture?

However, this fragile shell, namely Serithia, has been placed within my care. She's my fuel, my own accidental God. In turn, I am her armored core and wall, hardly fit with enough purity to favor her soul, body, and mind. Quite annoying, knowing one cannot even help one's host in an overall good sense.

Instead, I've sealed her heart and it's precious crescendo of emotions inside a solid colossus of impenetrable ice and steel. We are one and the same, a monster made for one purpose, only to stumble upon another and another...
____

"Helios..?"

He was there almost instantly, a blur of flesh and illusion, an image created by Serithia when he had become active. It had been her guidance and mind that had brought his own to life and yet, he knew that without her, it would all fade back into nothingness. Pasting on a smile, he glanced up at the young woman sealed behind a thick sheet of glass. A hand moved up, the smoothness of the cylinder means of containment warmed by the circulating liquid within.

"I am here, Seri." He murmured, his eyes scanning over the small screen that had lowered to his aspect. The smile vanished from his face and most abruptly, he turned from her. It was personal knowledge that he didn't dare share with his companion, that kept him from reading the full report of her health. It seemed everything about her was failing. Many organs had become too dependant on the nutrient fluids. If she remained in said tank much longer, she would no doubt be staying there for a good long time. But that was what he wanted.

He was beginning to believe that beloved brother of hers wasn't going to show. He had sent out her ever loud signal to many of the businesses the brother owned, a response to her captivity appearing almost instantly. He had been looking for her. But he wouldn't have her. Not when she was his. It was time to put an end to her haunting childhood memories.... ...

Intruders detected outside Sector 1A, visual blocked. Several individuals noted but not identified. Propability of armaments, 95%.

Serithia's voice, horribly distorted by the computer's lack of shifting tones, sounded like trumpets in his ears. His smile was quick to reappear as he scanned over the girl's worried expression.

"Well, Seri. Let them in. It's rude to keep our guests waiting."

Shilandra Rae
Dec 10th, 2005, 06:55:38 PM
She was sitting on some tattered boxes, smoking and looking all together too bored. They were waiting, she hated waiting, she hated not having fun. She needed it soon, frankly or she was going to start playing with her 'teammate'.

"Are we going in soon - or what?" She sighed out in mock anguish. "I'm bored."

Hadrian Mortmain
Dec 10th, 2005, 08:02:46 PM
"If you are bored, you can always leave. But don't expect to get paid for just showing up." Came a rather irritated voice, laced with the hint of an accent. Within Hadrian's palm lay a small com-link with fluctuating screen, his eyes eagerly scanning its contents. There was little point, he noted silently. The building was seemingly cloaked and his equipment, no matter its expense, could crack the shroud. A muscle worked in his cheek and he shoved the com back in his coat pocket, his gaze raising to meet the shoddy entrance of the warehouse.

"I don't think our navigational equipment will be much use. It's just a warehouse, how hard could can it be to navigate?" He murmured, to no one in particular, a breath mustering a huff of steam.

He turned, his eyes fumbling over the few individuals whom had shown up. He actually hadn't expected anyone to turn up, though he had yet to determine if it was a pleasant surprise or not.

In truth, Hadrian Mortmain, wealthy entrepreneur and loving brother, was more out of place than the rest of them. He surveyed his expensive suit, well kept appearance, and expressive eyes as possible weakness: especially when handling such unruly characters as these, not that he could see half of them. Another sigh escaped him.

"Anyone else pick up anything besides jack dren?"

Shilandra Rae
Dec 10th, 2005, 08:07:19 PM
Hmph, what a jerk. Just because she was bored he thought she wanted to leave? Of course not the payoff is too good - besides this sort of breaking and entering and ... asset acquisition, always put her in a good mood.

"Pffff. Whatever." She kicked back, maintaining a pouting look as she took another long puff. She'd wait - she supposed.