PDA

View Full Version : Wish Enough, Wise Man'll Tell You a Lie (open)

Migg Laos
Nov 25th, 2005, 01:23:19 AM
OOC: looking for an adventure.

IC:

Early morning Coruscant was grey and dim--greyer and dimmer than noon, at least--so that sometimes Migg Laos got the feeling that she was outside herself wondering if she was really awake or still in bed dreaming. It was the peculiar shadows that did it, the overlapping buildings and silver light twisting into a hard slate sheen. Sitting on the edge of her apartment building in pajamas Migg would slowly smoke a stim and groggily watch the traffic in the skylanes skim by, letting ashes fall past her dangling feet. On some days, when she had worked a late shift at the bar or a double at the garage, it would take ten minutes just to figure what day it was. Mornings like that frustrated her, and a promise was always made to stop getting up so early. Inevitably though, come five o'clock, she would be up on the roof again; youth and a wicked stim habit were on her side.

Today had been a good day. The red-haired minx had woken fairly alert, known it was mid-week, and was dressed and down on the street by six. Lounging against the dirty apartment building, second smoke smoldering on her languid lips, the fragily pale Migg must have looked very small indeed; a slip of a girl against the towering durasteel structure. Evidently too she looked desparate.

"How much?"

Turning her jade eyes up from under a mess of sharply red curls, Migg saw a suited man in an idling speeder. He was leaning across the passenger street and looking at her with waiting eyes. She let him, returning his look with the hard native city stare. Finally she flicked her stim away and put a hand to her hip. "Y'think every girl down here's fer sale?" she asked dryly. The man shrugged.

"Aren't they?" He said it with such naive sincerity that Migg couldn't help but laugh. It was true anyway; everyone was for sale on Coruscant in some capacity.

With a shrug the young woman walked away down the pedwalk, hands shoved into the deep pockets of her scarlet jacket. There was a hole in the wall down the street that served mean caf and fresh muja muffins. It was quiet, an astonishing feat in the din of the surrounding city. She went there every morning as soon as they opened to avoid the trickle of breakfast regulars.

The door to the place opened silently, with nary a bell on the frame, but Migg caught the eye of the owner and nodded in silent greeting. She was peeling off her coat when she noticed that there was someone sitting in a corner table. Momentarily disarmed, Migg stopped with the coat hanging from her arms and stared at the stranger. Finally the hot smell of new muffins distracted her. She nodded a good morning and slung her coat over the back of a chair that was peeling it's soft blue paint. She lit up her third stim to go with the caf that would arrive without her having to order it. This routine was a three-year comfort and, though Migg felt silly, it made everything seem a little safer.

A quick glance at the table and she found that it was missing it's ashtray. The nearest table was within arms length of the stranger, and after setting her lighter down, Migg motioned at it's ashtray.

"Be a pal and toss me that, would'ja?"

Gavin Ravenna
Nov 25th, 2005, 04:25:40 PM
Yeah, it had been another rough day. Not only had Ivonavich refused the spice shipment that he had paid Gavin to smuggle to his hideout on Gamorr, but that would not have been too bad if Judd Kash hadn’t disappeared off the face of the galaxy before he could get his shipment from Gavin, and to make things worse some idiot weapon dealer asked him to deliver a huge cargo crate to Nal’Shaddaa, but once he got there the drop off zone was crawling with trigger happy lunatics that tried to take the package from him. Well, he kept the weapons and left seven smoldering corpses on the street. So now he had two shipments of spice and one of weapons. His ship, the “Fool’s Gambit”, had no more cargo space and he couldn’t find a single person to take the spice or weapons. It was only a matter of time before the NR search his ship…

“Shiz!” He grumbled, cursing his luck for the tenth time today. Even on Coruscant he hadn’t been able to find anyone and now he was sitting on some dingy café eating air cakes. He lit up his fifth stim and placed it between his lips. Not only was his reputation going down the drain, but so was his sanity. His eyes where red line from lack of sleep and he was going to start attracting flies if he didn’t shower soon.

"Be a pal and toss me that, would'ja?"

Gavin turned his head and looked the woman over for a moment before getting to his feet and grabbing the tray off the adjacent table. It landed on the woman’s table with a sharp clang that made half the establishment jump at the noise, “Sure thing, miss.” He said as he settled down in the chair across from her, “Can I do anything else for you?” He puffed at his stim as he studied her face with his brown eyes.

Migg Laos
Nov 30th, 2005, 01:47:10 AM
"Nope."

Migg pulled the ashtray a little closer and stared as the man sat down. She lifted her legs onto the chair to sit Indian style, and rested her elbows on the table so that her stim was held close to her mouth. Quizically she knit her eyebrows together and glanced at the stranger. "Uhm... is there anything I can do for you?"

Gavin Ravenna
Nov 30th, 2005, 06:25:06 PM
"Not today," Gavin said absent mindedly. Puffed at his stim for a few moments, his eyes looking her over, well the parts of her that where visable over the top of the table. He tapped his stim on the edge of the tray, "Well, you can't help me unless you know someone interested in spice." Such a conversation could get him killed, but right now he just wanted out of the nightmare he was trapped in, "I'm just wonderin..." He muttered as if it would be enough to hide his profession.

Migg Laos
Dec 13th, 2005, 05:04:07 PM
"Sure, sure." Migg shrugged. It was obvious he was worried enough to not bother with implications. "Nobody comes to mind. You're in the right neighborhood though."

Using his distracted mood as an opportunity to eye him up, Migg decided it wasn't so bad having to share a table with him. Besides that, the owner of the cafe had just dropped off two muffins and a wink; it would be rude to make him eat his little muffin alone.

"I'm Migg." Migg extended a hand and blew a curl out of her face with a breath of smoke.

Gavin Ravenna
Dec 13th, 2005, 08:39:49 PM
"Nobody comes to mind..."

His shoulders drooped and his forehead hit the table with a resounding thud. He was ready to wake up from this nightmare, but the pain just kept going. Sure he could just dump the spice, but who in their mind throws away a couple mission credits worth of spice away? He was sure he could sell the weaponry off in small quantities. He mumbled something in Corellian under his breath while shaking his head from side to side, smearing his greasy forehead all over the table.

"I'm Migg."

Gavin pulled his head up, noticing the delicious smelling muffin before seeing Migg's outstretched hand. He brought his hand up from under the table, wiping it off on his pants first, and shook the woman's hand with is own. "Gavin," He said flashing her a lopsided grin, "Its a pleasure."

He knocked out his stim over the ash tray and then stuck it back in his mouth, "So, would you happen to know anyone that might know someone interested in my 'supplies'." He arched an eyebrow and gave her a quizzical look.

Migg Laos
Dec 13th, 2005, 09:11:12 PM
"Like I said Gavin, nobody comes to mind personally. You might talk to some of the guys down the street though." Migg tore off a piece of her muffin and popped it into her mouth, chewing appreciatively. It was still warm, and the sugared top melted away in her mouth. Crushing her stim the young woman looked pointedly at the smuggler before her.

"So how long you figure you got to unload the stuff?"

Gavin Ravenna
Dec 13th, 2005, 11:56:12 PM
Gavin sniffed his muffin and then poked it in a few places before finally taking a bite, at which he suddenly looked over his shoulder, and then started chewing. He turned back to Migg and swallowed. "I got about a month before the coppers catch wind and search my ship. I can't just hide it somewhere. People see you walking around with a bunch of crates and their either going to call the police or steal it from you. You can never be too careful..." He said, looking around the room to see if anyone was watching them. He raised the muffin to his mouth and took another bite. It was a very good muffin, but thats just what they want you to think. It could be poisoned or something for all I know. But it does taste good...

Migg Laos
Dec 19th, 2005, 02:06:29 PM
"By the way, there's cyanide in that." Migg nodded at his pastry. The red-head watched with a terribly straight face as Gavin jerked and looked around his the room again. Some sort of morbid curiousity made her wait a few moments before shaking her head and admitting unguiltily, "I'm kidding. Relax."

She took another bite of her own muffin, brushing crumbs from her lips with the back of her hand. She was quiet for a long time, and seemed to be ignoring the man across from her. Then,

"Why'd you come to Coruscant with it?"

Gavin Ravenna
Dec 19th, 2005, 07:35:12 PM
Gavin eyed the muffin suspiciosly and then set it down on the table, pushing it as far away from himself as he could. "I didn't bring it all... I hid half the load so it wouldn't be a complete loss if I my ship was search of my stash found. I came here because I have alot of contacts here in the core, but none of them want to do business at the moment," He said as he scratched at the stubble on his face, "I'm getting pretty desperate now. Stopping any criminal looking person on the street and seeing if they want a load of spice at half price. Sadly I've had no bites so far."

He raised his hands and clapped them together, and then dropped them back in his lap, "Did anyone look over this way?" He asked, his eyes darting around nervously, "There are spies everywhere, all of them are after my spice..."

Migg Laos
Dec 20th, 2005, 12:54:23 AM
Migg was beginning to suspect that this guy was really just one of the wackos that bred like womprats in the lower levels. A paranoid schizo, or something like that. "Nobody's gonna be in here lookin' fer ya. Relax, " she had to pause for a second to gather his name, "Gavin. You're creeping me out."

Banishing red spirals with a flick of her head, Migg cocked her head to the side. For the first time she really looked at the man. Nearly dead with exaustion, and probably hadn't had a decent meal in a while with the way he was worrying. Unbidden her mind flashed back to the last time she'd been with a guy. Too long.

"You wanna get outta here Gavin?"

Gavin Ravenna
Dec 20th, 2005, 06:49:25 PM
"Gavin. You're creeping me out."

"Heh, I'm creeping myself out..." He mumbled and finished with a weak laugh that became sad and pitiful as it went. He raised his hand and scratched the back of his head, "Sure, lets get out of here. I could use a little fresh air myself." And a mill around town might do good for me, or make things worse...

"Ok, lets go." He said, jumping to his feet and walking back over to his original table to grab his bag off the ground and throw the carrying strap over his shoulder. He walked back and helped Migg out of her chair, "Where do you want to go?"

Migg Laos
Dec 31st, 2005, 09:28:02 PM
"Erm..." She thought she'd been pretty obvious, but maybe because Gavin wasn't from Coruscant he wouldn't pick up on the city subtleties. She'd take it slow, Migg reasoned. "There's uh, a nice--" no, actually, there wasn't. Nothing was nice in this neighborhood. "Let's just walk."

Migg left a credchit on the table and slung her jacket over her shoulders. She didn't even look to see if Gavin was following her as she pushed the soundless door open and blinked at the sudden brightness. If they went around the block they'd end up coming to her building eventually.

"I'll take you down this way, there's a club you might check out tonight fer your problem." She nodded to the left and with hands in her pockets started walking.

Gavin Ravenna
Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:16:24 PM
Gavin stood there for a moment, eyeing the club that Migg had pointed out. For some strange reason he had the impression the building was laughing at him. He flashed it the birdie and then turned and ran after Migg, who was a good distance down the sidewalk already.

"So, what do you do for a living, Migg?" He asked and then hastily added; "If you don't mind me asking." He arched an eyebrow and gave her a questioning look that made him look like a scientist observing the dissection of a bantha.