PDA

View Full Version : WHL teddy bear toss

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 24th, 2005, 11:57:42 AM
http://www.winterhawks.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=590&Itemid=1

We're on pace to break the WHL record for teddy bears donated!!

Saturday is going to be way too much fun. :D

Mortie
Nov 28th, 2005, 06:07:51 PM
21,069 bears! Good job! Giants have theirs on the 16th of next month.

I feel like I should give you cookies or something for posting hockey news.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 28th, 2005, 10:05:25 PM
I like cookies!

Yeah we beat the record by almost 10,000 bears! Teddy Bear Toss night is my freakin' favorite hockey night, except for playoffs. :crack

I like Vancouver - we beat up on them a lot last year. >D

Mortie
Nov 28th, 2005, 10:24:22 PM
Yeah, well, our WHL team needs... work. Any hockey team who's motto is "hockey with heart" needs some serious beating up. You have our permission to turn them into men.

Now the Canucks, that a whole different story. They're already phenomenal. ;)

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 28th, 2005, 11:04:23 PM
Well we only have WHL here, no NHL teams. I love hockey live. :D

Wyl Staedtler
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:16:55 AM
Have you ever played before? It's like live hockey times ten. You should see if there's a terminal league in your area or, if you aren't comfortable playing with guys, a ladies one. Where I live right now isn't very big on ice hockey, the one rink they have is a touristy thing, but I play in a terminal roller league once a week and it gets the blood going.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 29th, 2005, 12:54:47 PM
I've played before - roller hockey. My husband plays in the leagues around the Portland area. If I get a pair of ice skates and learn how to use 'em I'll probably start in an ice league sometime next year. It is SUCH good exercise and I need some :p

Wyl Staedtler
Nov 29th, 2005, 03:42:50 PM
Awesome :D The benefit of playing as an adult is the cost drops a ton because you don't outgrow your gear and generally you're more conscientious in it's care. My parents had four of us playing every year and it cost them a ridiculous amount; on skates and scratch sticks alone they probably paid $400 at the very least.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 29th, 2005, 08:11:46 PM
Yeah - I'd really like to get some of my nephews into hockey, but their parents don't have the money and either do I. Plus if we could only help out with one I might get accused of favoritism. :(