PDA

View Full Version : Bit o' help, por favor...

Akrabbim
Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:50:22 PM
I need someone to play an NPC (or a PC, if you're really feeling froggy and can justify it in your character's timeline) to help me with a storytelling thread. I'm sending Akrabbim to an Outer Rim planet to find a specific artifact. The artifact has been ok'ed by the admins, in case you're wondering. I'd just like someone there to be antagonistic to Akrabbim. The NPC can be a person, creature, set of people or creatures, or even some sort of malevolent spirit. I just don't wanna be posting against myself. I'd just prefer it not to be Imps, simply because I can't imagine any reason they'd be there. Any takers?

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:26:12 PM
Saveer's a Sith Acolyte and a trader of information and artifacts, not to mention a spy... I could roleplay that he's there after the same artifact, depending on what it is, or that he's simply finding information for the Sith Order. If neither of those ideas work, I could definitely play an NPC for you. Just let me know.

Zereth Lancer
Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:30:50 PM
I'd also be willing to play a part in this. Abviously using Zereth as himself won't work well with the story, but I could do an NPC. I don't know if you need two people but I'm willing if you need me.

Akrabbim
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:02:20 PM
Actually, I think several could work. Up to around three would be best... any more than that, and it gets to be a pain to keep up with anyone. Any ideas what you'd like to do? I'm not bad on the Sith idea... course, if you'd like to play a monster, that'd be cool too. Both of you. Anyone else? :)

Zereth Lancer
Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:25:13 PM
Well, I was thinking of being more along the lines of a monster. Pehaps it could be one of the early forms of the force seeker creature that my semi-active char, Dr. Zanon, had been creating in a Story Telling thread. The creature could have been placed with a force significant prey to hunt, but has yet to be picked up. So, with akrabbim being a force user and all, the force seeker would be right after him. Although I don't think it was last very long before Akkrabim kills it.

My other idea would be to use my other semi-active char, Alexia Sturkov (Formerly Jezreal Darkshard of TSO), She could be searching for the same artifact and it'd becom a race to get it first. She could also possibly work with Saveeradeevaravaravee to find the artifact.

Or it could be a mix of both ideas. Alexia is also in league with Zanon and could be testing her force seekers aswell as searching for the artifact. Its really all up to you.

Akrabbim
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:12:33 PM
Any of those will work. Surprise me. :)

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:25:16 PM
Just so I'll know which route I want to take with Saveer, It'd be nice to know what sort of artifact you're going after - just so I know if it's something Saveer would be interested in. That way, I'll be able to make a better decision as to whether I want to go PC or NPC with this. Of course, if he doesn't actually want the artifact, he could just be trailing some "possible Jedi activity" that one of his contacts on the inside told him about.

Also, what planet would you be searching on? It will help me decide what sort of NPC monster to go with if I use it... Right now, my idea is a Rancor who happens to live in between us/you and the artifact, but I have a few other options as well... rancors are a bit cliche.

Akrabbim
Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:05:53 PM
Hmmm... I'm thinking dark planet. VERY dark. Perpetual cloud cover, etc. I'm thinking the ground would have a small amount of plant life. Not sparse, but nowhere near a jungle. Kinda like a temperate zone. Only thing is, the plant life would be rather twisted and warped. As to the name of the planet, if anyone knows an Outer Rim planet like that, I'd love to hear it. For monster types, how about some dark, shady, amorphous shadow creature?

And as to the artifact... let's just say that it's an amulet, and it kills a very specific type of being. Akrabbim won't be know what it is right off, but he'll be able to infer from the pictograms next to it what it actually does.

Zem Vymes
Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:41:14 PM
If you've got room for me in the mix, I'm your Huckleberry.

I've given Vymes a bit of a tune-up :) Bit of a faithless padawan from the old days.

Hara Kiri
Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:46:54 PM
Well I've been talking it over with Saveer and if it's alright with you, I'd like Hara Kiri to work with Saveer and perhaps be you're third person. How's it sound?

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:01:46 AM
Originally posted by Akrabbim
Hmmm... I'm thinking dark planet. VERY dark. Perpetual cloud cover, etc. I'm thinking the ground would have a small amount of plant life. Not sparse, but nowhere near a jungle. Kinda like a temperate zone. Only thing is, the plant life would be rather twisted and warped. As to the name of the planet, if anyone knows an Outer Rim planet like that, I'd love to hear it.

Hmm... Off the top of my head, the best thing I can come up with is Myrkr - it has a combination of forests and plains, and the ysalimiri and force-hunting vornskrs would definitely add to the mix, but there's nothing about constant cloud cover there. It could be the dark side of the planet on a rainy day, though. I'll search the SWENC for other places tonight and get back to you.

Originally posted by Akrabbim
For monster types, how about some dark, shady, amorphous shadow creature?

The only shadow creature I can think of in a literal sense is the Defel, but those are sentient beings. Perhaps we could bring in a Tarentatek from KOTOR or something... Again, I'll look that up tonight and get back to you.

EDIT 1: Came up with some preliminary ideas for the creature, based only off of the Star Wars Databank. I'll continue to look in the SWEnc and get back to you again.

Aklay (http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/acklay/index.html)
Nexu (http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/nexu/index.html)
Wandrella (http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/wandrella/index.html)

EDIT 2: Some planets I found. Still, none match your description very well, but, again, we can improvise with it.

Bimmiel (http://www.theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=3873)
Kegan (http://www.theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=13534) (I like this one, but that's probably because it sounds a lot like my name...)

That's pretty much all I could find in regards to planets, but I only looked at names I recognized from books I've read, so there's probably a better choice out there. A search for Temperate turned up more than 150 results, and I really don't want to read that much. I'm still fond of myrkr.

Of course, there's always the option of inventing your own planet - they do it in pretty much every EU book out there, so it can't be all that wrong.

Serena Laran
Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:17:59 PM
Isn't Roon dark? I can't remember.

Edit:
To get to Roon you have to go through the navigator's nightmare known as the Cloak of the Sith (a dark mass of seething gases and spinning asteroids officially classified as 'unpenetratable'). In the center of the Cloak is Roon, which rotates once a year on it's axis so that one half of the planet is perpetually lit, while the other is cold and dark. Not to the extreme that Ryloth is, because one could survive on either side of the planet. The terrain is Plains, Seas and Frozen Wastes, species are humans and the native mudmen aliens, they speak Basic and there are wild banthas and the monster shamunaar which is a constant threat to the banthas.

I'm getting my info from the Essential Guide to Planets and Moons. :) The primitive mudmen are native to Room and are semisentient creatures that can be broken down into many smaller versions of themselves with a concentrated spray of water. The tiniest mudmen are sometimes captured in glass containers and sold as pets. Roonstones drive the economy of the planet - fist sized incadescent gems are worth a fortune on the open market, but are so scarce they are not a major export of the planet.

The only safe route through the Cloak is traced by the Rainbow comets that pass close to Roon's sun, and the comets led the first human settlers to Roon. Hardly any landspeeders, they use oar driven wooden galleys on the Roon sea (on the sunny side of the planet, and the main city is the Port of Nime.

Akrabbim
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:32:39 PM
Hmm... that could be very interesting. Just so everyone knows, I'll be out of town until Monday, so we'll have to wait until then to start. Cool?

Zereth Lancer
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:09:05 PM
Ok, thats fine with me.

Hara Kiri
Nov 24th, 2005, 03:00:34 PM
Cool cool

Akrabbim
Nov 28th, 2005, 09:49:36 PM
Well, I'm back... obviously. Anyone wanna start?

And BTW, Chuck, if you'd like Vymes to tag along, you're welcome to. Just think up some reason for him to be there.

Anyone wanna start this thread in storytelling? Just pick a planet, I'll play it from there. Anyway, I want this to be a challenge for Ak to get the artifact. The more surprises, the better. :) I'll start it if no one's up for it, but I suck at starting things. :)

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 28th, 2005, 11:19:34 PM
Well, I'd love to start it out, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow. I've had a loooong weekend, and I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep tonight.

If anyone else gets a chance before I do, feel free to start it, obviously.

EDIT: Thread started.

Three-way Treasure Hunt (Akrabbim et al.) (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39730)

(Zereth, tell me if Alexia isn't competing for the treasure. I'll need to change the name.)

Zereth Lancer
Nov 29th, 2005, 10:43:53 PM
Alexia is looking for the Artifact.

EDIT: Did we ever decide on a planet? Because you didn't name the planet in your thread, Saveer.

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:04:30 PM
I put it in the first paragraph.

It clunked loudly as it shot through the space around Myrkr, sending an occasional cloud of black smoke from one seemingly defunct engine.

I know it was easy to miss, but I couldn't think of any other way to put it in with that post. I went with Myrkr for two reasons:

Firstly, and Hara Kiri agrees with this, most people are more familiar with Myrkr, and so it will be easier to properly roleplay.

Secondly, and more importantly, the advent of the ysalimiri will make it more likely for Saveer and Hara Kiri to survive an encounter with a Jedi Master. If there was a fight between us, there's not much chance that we could get away from a Jedi Master with access to the Force.

Not to mention that the vornskrs will add a level of difficulty, as Ak suggested.

For the record, I'll also be playing one (some) of those NPC creatures. I'm going with a group of Aklay, probably placed there to guard the artifact by whoever put the artifact there. (If that works with Ak's story, that is)

Alexia Sturkov
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:46:15 PM
It clunked loudly as it shot through the space around Myrkr, sending an occasional cloud of black smoke from one seemingly defunct engine.

Maybe I should be wearing my glasses. Sorry for troubling you. Yeah, Myrkr makes an excellent planet for this. The Ysalimiri will really make it interesting.

Akrabbim
Nov 30th, 2005, 10:33:56 AM
Indeed. This should be fun. About the only thing Akrabbim'll have going for him is that he's used to dark environs and can see rather well in low light. It's not night vision, per say... more like cat vision. But that's all he's got.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 30th, 2005, 10:52:17 AM
You! Get back to monitoring my looms! I'll not abide a slacker, mister :verymad

[/derail]

Akrabbim
Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:35:16 PM
Posted. BTW, Chuckles, if you still want in, you're welcome to have Zem be in Ak's ship with him, or have him get there on his own. BTW, Myrkr was a good choice, seeing what the artifact actually does. :)

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 3rd, 2005, 07:19:54 AM
If it's not to late, Dal would like to join. Hunting for artifacts.... HEheheheh....>D

Akrabbim
Dec 4th, 2005, 01:24:28 PM
Well, this is a specific one, so it likely doesn't do what you'd think it does. :) That, and we may already have too many... add too many people, and people NEVER post in it.

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:38:53 PM
Are you gonna jump in here sometime soon, Zem? If not, please let me know, so I can make the next post here.

Akrabbim
Dec 8th, 2005, 12:07:36 PM
He's not. Post away.

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Dec 8th, 2005, 01:47:18 PM
Will do.