PDA

View Full Version : Memories (open)

Naysheta
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:16:57 PM
Naysheta walked through the alleys of a small town on Dantooine, a sad look on her face. She had just received word that Torn Dlo, her Jedi Master, had been killed on Kashyyk. It was hard for her to bear. She had just been there yesterday with him and now he was dead. Killed in a battle with a Sith. How? He was the best that there has ever been. No one could beat him. I still have a hard time just keeping up with him. If the Sith could kill him, what about me?

She let her despair overcome her as she fell against a wall and tears started falling down her face. He had been the only family that she had ever known. Her own being killed in a raid seventeen years ago. She could only vaguely remember her biological parents. What am I to do? Now there is nothing left for me. Where am I to go?

She jumped up as she heard the sounds of soft footsteps coming down the alley towards her.

Kyle Krogen
Nov 21st, 2005, 11:53:23 PM
From the alley the clicking of heavy boots on durocrete could be heard. A young man emerged from the alley. His spiky blond hair and bright blue eyes contrasted against the black clothing that covered him from head to toe.

Kyle had come to Dantooine simply to refuel his ship and see if there was any word for him to do. His typical vigilante/mercenery work had nearly dried up with the death of the emperor. The Imperials were getting pushed back by the rebels and the rebels just simply didn't need the hot shot ex-jedi pilot anymore, or could afford him. Sure he worked for free sometimes, but only when the sitution turned grave for the rebels. Now he charged them for his services. They stopped employing him a month ago. He rarely ate or slept, and could barely afford to pay for the fuel his ship flew on.

Now he was wandering through the slums trying to find someone with a few credits to employ him for anything, legal or illegal. He had long ago fallen from the light, but not so much as to turn to the darkside. He walked the line in the middle. Most people refered to himself as the "Lost Jedi", a title he loathed because it implied he was still a jedi at heart. He had never accepted the jedi code or any of that stuff. He simply did what he felt he needed to do, and did it.

Now he was stepping out an alley. A young woman nearby was watching him a little more then he liked. He spun on his heel and came face to face with her, "Can I help you, mam?"

Naysheta
Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:49:48 PM
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone else was back here. I j-just wanted to be alone," she stammered between trying to catch her breath and the remaining sobs coming from her.

Kyle Krogen
Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:31:15 PM
Kyle's stern face softened when he saw the tears welling up in her eyes. Normally he would have just kept walking, but he felt inclined to help. His mouth opened and closed several times as he tried to form some comforting word, but none came. He sighed openly and turned away, as if to give up and walk away. But no, he didn't walk away. He turned around to face her again and did his best to give her a reasuring smile. "Whats wrong?" He asked moving closer to her, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Naysheta
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:05:13 PM
"H-he's dead...Master Dlo is dead! He was killed by a Sith!" She let it all poor out. Normally she did well to hide her Jedi heritage, but now it didn't matter. Her only family was dead. She did not care if her fate was the same. To the young Padawan, anything was better than this loss.

Zem Vymes
Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:33:08 PM
"...he was killed by a Sith."

Vymes' hearing was selective, addled by a hellish haze from a hangover. He'd spent the night in the slammer for the third time in his first week on Dantooine. This time, he had to hock his bantha-leather boots to make bail. He headed down the walkways of the Dantooine town, trudging along on bare feet.

He half-stumbled down the alleyway, his body stiffly resisting the morning as he pushed a half-smoked cigarette to his parched lips.

"Best get to killing him back, or find your own flavor of self destruction little lady."

Naysheta
Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:24:23 PM
At first it didn't register that the man was talking to her, but after noting there was no one else in the alleyway she stood shocked. "But that would only dishonor his memory, that isn't what he taught me!"

Kyle Krogen
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:41:54 PM
Kyle was taken back by her outburst, even to the level of stumbling back a few steps. She was a jedi, and he couldn't sense that. He realized he'd fallen further then he thought. He was about to speak again when a voice came out of the alley behind them. Kyle spun around to see a shoeless man standing there.

"Best get to killing him back, or find your own flavor of self destruction little lady." Kyle couldn't agree more with what he said. But the bit of him that ever remained dedicated to the jedi cause narrowed its eyes at the comment.

He looked from the stranger to the woman and then back to the stranger again. He couldn't bring himself to take either side of the conversation. He took a step back and retreated into himself, trying to decide which side to take.

Zem Vymes
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:54:24 PM
Originally posted by Naysheta
"But that would only dishonor his memory, that isn't what he taught me!"

"Well, there's what you're taught, and then there's what you learn. You Jedi are all cockled spouses. No cheek left to turn when they've both been kicked in.

Just make sure those principles are really worth sticking to. This galaxy ain't the same one your master walked in."

Naysheta
Nov 24th, 2005, 03:52:34 PM
"I know it isn't the same, but I don't know how to go about telling what is right or wrong anymore. I want to avenge him and it would feel right, but that doesn't make it right!"

Naysheta shook her head. "And the principles are all I know. To go against them is to go against everything I know. What other way could there be to someone that doesn't know?"